shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on Scott Kay ring problems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crazydogs

Rough_Rock

Several weeks ago I posted b/c I was having issues with my SK rings rubbing together and wearing down the prongs on the e-ring. I had the store send it back to SK, and they recommended soldering them together. I was apprehensive b/c the rings are so pretty by themselves (even though I rarely wear them alone) and I wasn’t sure I’d like the look. Anyway, I gave them the go ahead for the soldering and the repair. I got them back last week and they look brand new! They polished all the scratches out, rebuilt the bezel around the surprise diamond and soldered them together. Other than the slight worry that I lost some platinum in the polishing process I’m very pleased. SK did an incredible job and you cannot even tell that they are soldered. I’m surprised that I actually like having them soldered….I don’t have to worry about them scratching each other and also I like having ‘one ring’. So after all that worrying, it turned out better than I had expected. I just wanted to give an update.

I appreciate all the help!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s good news crazydogs...glad everything worked out!!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Crazydogs, I''m gald to hear that things worked out for you
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>! Did you have to size up on your rings? I would really like to see pictures of the newly soldered rings - I am sure that everyone here would like to see them, as well.

Thanks for the update.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful news! Yes, please post some pictures!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! I am all for soldering bands together...it has proven to work beautifully for my mom''s 3 bands...before she had them soldered together, she had to have the gold built back up 3 times. Now it''s been years and they''re still going strong!

I plan to have at least one of my diamond bands, if not both, soldered to my e-ring when I get married next year.

Can''t wait to see some pix!

crazydogs

Rough_Rock
Sorry it took me so long to post pics! I haven''t been online as much lately.
Here are the pictures, I think they did a great job you really can''t tell that they are soldered together. I had them soldered before early on when I had them, and hated it so much I had them taken apart. SK did an excellent job. btw, I had them sized up 3/8.

now let''s see if these pics come through...

noname5.jpg

crazydogs

Rough_Rock
And one from the underside...

noname1.jpg

crazydogs

Rough_Rock
side profile....

nomane3.jpg

crazydogs

Rough_Rock
And of course a hand shot, it''s still taking some time to get used to all these diamonds! It''s so pretty but sometimes I think it''s too much (even though my center stone is .88), but I know by ps standards it''s not!
I''m glad not to worry about them rubbing anymore.

noname4.jpg

crazydogs

Rough_Rock
one of the inside...

noname6.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a lovely set!!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I almost cannot believe that your center stone is only .88! Your fingers must be tiny, because that diamond looks enormous (in a good way, of course). Hooray for you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are just beautiful! Scott Kay designs are very lovely!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Glad things worked out to your benefit--and btw your rings are beauties!

cheers--Sharon

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Holy schmoly! You''ve got to be kidding that your center stone is only .88! That sucker looks enormous!

I love your set! So glad you got it back!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
What a knock-out set! I love the sideview!

And I agree, your center looks much larger! You have beautiful hands, and a gorgeous set!

So happy things worked out for you!!

36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your center diamond looks huge on your finger. They did a great job restoring it.

susi

Shiny_Rock
crazydogs, I love your pretty wedding set together like that. I started soldering my ring sets together back 15 years or so ago and at one time had two sets that I alternated wearing....both soldered together.

Of course, you can have them taken apart anytime you wish
28.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!!! I love the open gallery design! I think soldering is a good way to solve the problem especially since you rarely wear them apart. It would be ashame to wreck the metal on your gorgeous set.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
They look really really good together!!!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for FINALLY sending in pictures of your ring! Of course, it is beautiful, and it looks so beautiful on your hand. Lots of bling without taking away from that gorgeous center stone. I, too, thought the center stone was much larger than .88 pts. Mine is 1.50 and it looks almost the same size as yours.

I love how precise the diamonds are set in the two bands - when they are together you can look straight through from the side angle and not see the second set!

Thanks for the update and the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results