shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, please help me find a vintage 5 stone setting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
similar to this. I have five oec stones between 4.0 and 4.6mm and would like to make a repro vintage band with them. I love the U prong look, as opposed to the basket setting. Ideally I''d like 18k yellow band with platinum head, but I''ll do all plat. if that''s all I can find.

Stuller has two options, but they''re rather bland. So can all you wonderfully sparkly lovers search your databases or favorites folders and direct me to some options? I promise to share the outcome with you!!
31.gif

faycullenvintage5stone.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Funny you should ask. I''ve been wanting 5-stone open profile ring for a long time, although with my e-ring diamond (1ct) as the center stone. I will try to dig up what I''ve found.

Here is Demelza''s Sasha Primak 5-stone:

Demelza Sasha Primak profile.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This is more of an eternity e-ring, but another open profile:

(Name of Pricescoper was ''brum'')

brum 4a.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This is kcourselle''s:

kcourselle.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This is a Mark Morrell. It''s eternity, but could be made with 5 stones I''m sure. In fact, look up JadeLeaves'' MWM wedding ring, and it has maybe 7 stones?

MWM for BC feb 06.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This is jadeLeaves'' ring. Shows the profile, even though it''s an e-ring, hopefully will help.

JL-MWM- profile.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What eyecandy! Don''t stop!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This is from Lang Antiques. Sorry so many of these are not exactly what you''re looking for, but hopefully they can give you ideas.

10-3-1756f langantiques.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This was a really pretty one at an antique shop. Only 3-stone, but again an idea. The reason for the cone-shaped thingy's in between diamonds was they were sort of a bar-setting between stones, with pave on the bar. It was pretty so I can post the top view if you like. (Even though this is a sort of a basket-setting, I love how the bar for the basket is curved, and the milgrain - it makes it so much more interesting and pretty than just a plain basket with straight bar.)

Solov antique 3 stone.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
2 A Jaffe e-ring profiles

2 A jaffes 2_12.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Another A Jaffe

A Jaffe CA profile 2_12.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This was a pretty Simon G with pave

(Let me know if you''re getting sick of these examples!)

Simon G pave top.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I realize a lot of these are not really vintage; I''m on an open-profile craze!

This is a Verragio.

Verragio mervis 65621.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Of course this is Scott Kay''s "crown" - he makes this in a 5-stone (all of the same size)

profile SK.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Aha! Here''s the wedding band:

Scott Kay crown 2.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
A more complete picture of the Simon G

Simon G w pave 2_12.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here was another vintage-looking one. I didn''t like how the prongs for the center stone were just plopped on top, not integrated, but this style could work well with 5 stones of same size.

I thought I had more antique-style ones like you showed, but still can''t find them....

kett profile 1 2_12.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This was a Carl Blackburn at Pearlman''s.

Pearlmans 18VV1 Carl Blackburn 2_12.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This was from some vendor called Israel Rose or something? Hard to recall some of these.

NY Israel 3455BRS.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, now I''m really stretching. This is only 3-stone, with large center, but still I looked at anything that would give me an idea for open-profile. This belongs to a Pricescoper named Punch n Pie.

PnP side no waste space.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This might have been off ebay, and I wasn''t crazy about this profile, but I thought I''d throw it and a few others in while I''m at it.

rg2036-5 topazery.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Similar to above

rg2067-3 topazery.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Another, a bit different

rg2408-4 topazery.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh well, I''m getting tired! Those are the main open-profiles that I came across. I know what you mean about liking the open profile, but not wanting it too bland. Or some are too U-ey, if you know what I mean. Especially in some of those older ones, like I just posted, the U is too distinct from the shank part, if that makes any sense.

So for what it''s worth, I''m getting something mostly like the Mark Morell. I do have a 1ct center stone, so mine''s more of an e-ring look, but anyway, I like how his is integrated. Not totally vintage, but it has (hopefully?) some of the character that antique rings have. Mine will be something like this one, although with smaller side diamonds (16pts closest to the 1.1ct center, then 12 I think, then 10), and probably without that little bump below the prong. If you can picture that...

Vinny 7 small.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes, that picture was too small. Anyway, my ring will be something like JadeLeaves'' ring, but with graduated side-stones (3 per side), with a different head that is more integrated, and probably without the little bumps.

But every time I go in my folder I find more pics, so maybe I''ll post some more. This one is very tiny; the best pic I''ve seen is in a bridal magazine, but this will have to do. The sides are very dainty, but the open-profile look is pretty from what I can tell. Don''t know how it would translate to a 5-stone ring?

Katharine james 2_12.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
too bad that was too small to see; see if this is better?

Vinny profile.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I am definitely getting tired. That last one was Mark Morrell again. I will try another katharine james. If it''s too small to see,you''ll have to look in a bridal magazine; the detail is very good in the ad.

Katharine james juliet.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, this will have to be the last one. another eternity ring with an nice profile.

interesting open eternity.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 6:13:11 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Ok, this will have to be the last one. another eternity ring with an nice profile.
Ok, so I was wrong; THIS should be the last one, before I go bonkers looking at this screen too long! I hope this was in some way helpful!

Vinny angle.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I'm back, because I want to see if I can get that Katharine James ring any bigger, not that it really matters... (It's an open profile with an antique twist, but with teeny tiny melee.)

katharine james again.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results