shape
carat
color
clarity

My rework is finally done!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
OFG, here''s a link to my thread about the completion of my five stone ring. Wink did a wonderful job, and it is a great mix between being able to enjoy the profile of the stones and having a lovely vintage flair. Uppy''s five stone ring

Sorry about the hijack. I tried to bump the thread, but couldn''t.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 4:02:35 PM
Author: Upgradable
OFG, here''s a link to my thread about the completion of my five stone ring. Wink did a wonderful job, and it is a great mix between being able to enjoy the profile of the stones and having a lovely vintage flair. Uppy''s five stone ring
Upgradable, it turned out gorgeous! What a beautiful ring! They did do a fabulous job. And I do love the mix of seeing the stones & vintage flair!

Sorry about the hijack. I tried to bump the thread, but couldn''t.
That''s okay; I tried to also, (i.e. the CAD thread) and couldn''t .

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 11:46:40 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 8/4/2008 7:11:06 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
And I guess I better post the profile again for easy comparison.
Oh my stars this looks far more comfortable, too. Your new profile looks much cleaner.. yes indeedy..
21.gif

Thanks, SDL! Yes, it is cleaner. Actually, when the ring was not so deformed, it was more comfortable with the hinged shank, because it fit better. At least while on. It was less comfortable as an oval, because of course it was too narrow in one direction..

One thing about the FingerMate shank is, they claim it opens to 3 sizes bigger than when it's closed, which is simply NOT TRUE, because even at its most round, it did kind of scratch my finger to get it over the knuckle, because of the way the hinges kind of bend inward, and it was no where near 3 sizes bigger. 3 sizes bigger would have been a size 8, which would glide over my knuckle with complete ease.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 11:46:40 AM

Date: 8/4/2008 7:11:06 PM
And I guess I better post the profile again for easy comparison.
Oh my stars this looks far more comfortable, too. Your new profile looks much cleaner.. yes indeedy..
21.gif
SDL, I just noticed you hit the 10k posts mark! congrats!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I finally had a chance to take a few more pictures, so I will try to upload a few.

DSCN9629 crop.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
side

DSCN9622 crop.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
flash..

DSCN9536 flash.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
(w/ all the recent discussion of boxes, this is NOT the box it came in, but it holds it in a better position for photos than the box it came in does..)

DSCN9537 in box.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
another of the profile sort of

DSCN9624 crop.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock

DSCN9600 smaller size.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
And, I am crazy to throw this in right now, because A) it has NOTHING to do with this thread & B) I am out of time, but while I was doing this photo shoot I took some of other rings. This one is a citrine ring DH's aunt gave me when she gave me her mother's e-ring, etc. It is a HUGE stone, not my style for a ring at all (it's like having a bowling ball attached to my finger...) but the stone is really pretty and did some neat things in the sun... Someday I'll have to give it its own thread in the colored stone forum.

DSCN9583 crop.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 12:43:23 PM

I love the new photos, they''re so BRIGHT!! I''m glad your ring is complete and you''re happy.. I love it.
Thanks, SDL! I think I am starting to find some tricks to photographing these things. Outdoor lighting, & time of day seem to be making a big difference. I also am so glad my ring is done! There was one last little thing I had them tweak last week, and it helped a lot.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it Julia, these new shots really show off its beauty!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 12:49:45 PM

Date: 8/18/2008 12:43:23 PM

I love the new photos, they''re so BRIGHT!! I''m glad your ring is complete and you''re happy.. I love it.
Thanks, SDL! I think I am starting to find some tricks to photographing these things. Outdoor lighting, & time of day seem to be making a big difference. I also am so glad my ring is done! There was one last little thing I had them tweak last week, and it helped a lot.
Yep, it just takes experimenting. And you are definitely on the right track.
2.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 12:50:23 PM
Author: Ellen
I love it Julia, these new shots really show off its beauty!!
Thanks, Ellen!

dotb

Rough_Rock
It''s beautiful!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love your new photos! Your ring is so stunning! I love that profile!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 5:46:41 PM
Author: lady766
Your ring looks lovely - I bet your please with it now all the stress is over.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-could-propose-i-stopped-being-sick.93589/

I have been checking out these so far - but can I ask why you have the inner part of your band built up - is that to top it slipping? I have skinny fingers and rings always spin round - but when hot rings go tighter - woul this hlp me?

cheers
Thanks lady! It is such a relief to have the stress over with!!

The "built up" part is called a horseshoe sizer. It is supposed to help it fit better. My ring part of my finger is about size 5, but my knuckle is about 6.5 (depending on heat or cold too, like you said). So originally I wanted a hinged-shank, which would not only fit correctly on my right hand, but also be able to fit my left as well. Long story (if you want to hear the whole horrible story, look up my old threads - plus I think on page 2 of this thread I showed a picture of the hinged shank), but I had to go with solid shank. So to help with the huge variance between my knuckle vs. ring area, we needed some sort of sizing device, either sizing beads, or a bridge, or the horseshoe. I tried a few threads asking for feedback, but apparently very few PS''ers have used the horseshoe. But it seemed to me it might be the most promising, as it is supposed to be springy & get out of the way when it goes over the knuckle, and then expand when it''s down at the ring area. I expected it to be a bit more like the picture I will post below, although I did want it connected at 6:00, and not at the ~3:00 as shown, because w/ the latter, it seems like the ring would lean to one side of the finger. But the way this one is, it does almost seem just "built up" more than a springy thing. It is hard for me to say if it actually helps with the spin, because I don''t have a good basis for comparison. But I think it does help some. I think it is better than it would be with just a solid shank.

Solov MT horseshoe sizer 4784 8_26.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
One of these days I want to start a whole thread about sizing issues, based on what I''ve learned from this experience. But here is one of the least expensive sizing devices:

dcsn6307 pearl ring w sizer 8_26.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one called a "bridge" on Catmom''s ring. She likes this better than sizing beads. (if I remember right)

Catmoms bridge.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one I guess called "shank pad"? At least, that's what I had as my picture name. Sorry I don't know which PS'er's ring this is.

shank_pad for sizing.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it''s kind of funny I''m threadjacking my own thread, but since I''m at it: this is a photo I found of a better example of a horseshoe sizer. This is what I wanted. You can see how this one would spring out of the way when over the knuckle, but spread out when the ring is on. For some reason the one Quest put on is not very springy. It seems almost more like one big sizing bead. Oh well.... Lady, hope this helps!!

(again I apologize to the PS''er whose ring this is. I usually try to put it in the file name, but didn''t here. Any my memory is lousy.)

horseshoe sizer sm.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the new pictures! It really is a beauty. The profile is amazing. How about setting the citrine in a pendant? Probably safer that way anyways. A pretty citrine is on my short list since it is the baby''s birthstone.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 6:20:45 PM
Author: coatimundi
I love your new photos! Your ring is so stunning! I love that profile!
Thanks, coati!! I appreciate it!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 7:44:09 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Love the new pictures! It really is a beauty. The profile is amazing. How about setting the citrine in a pendant? Probably safer that way anyways. A pretty citrine is on my short list since it is the baby''s birthstone.
Thanks, Tacori! I appreciate it!!

Yes, I have thought of putting the citrine in a pendant. I''ve had it for about a year, but between my other ring''s issues and taking care of elderly relatives & their estates, hadn''t even had time to think about it. But I finally got it appraised, (which was how I learned for sure it was a citrine!), and it is so pretty in the sun. It''s a shame to just have it sit in a safe, and I don''t know that DH''s nieces would wear it as a ring either. I think it would get used much more as a pendant, and would be really pretty. So I''ll have to put it in my wish list for DH to get for me one of these days.
1.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
OFG - The reset is so light, airy and elegant!!! So much more of the stones to enjoy and so little metal covering those gorgeous stones! Your center stone is positively CAPTIVATING!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:28:15 AM
Author: pixley
OFG - The reset is so light, airy and elegant!!! So much more of the stones to enjoy and so little metal covering those gorgeous stones! Your center stone is positively CAPTIVATING!
Thank you so much, pixley! I love hearing those adjectives applied to my ring!!
1.gif
That was why I liked the idea of the open profile - I like to see the stones, not have them all coved up. And I appreciate the compliment on the center stone!!!! Very much!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 11:56:17 PM
Author: julie04

Date: 8/28/2008 11:55:55 AM
a different angle

to see more pics, here is my thread
.......old-fashioned girl, your ring is GORGEOUS!!

could i bother your for the specs of the center stone and setting? was it a custom made masterpiece?

BEAUTIFULLLL!!
30.gif

Thanks julie! The center stone is 1.25ct, I think it was around F in color. I had it appraised, but at this moment I don't have it handy & don't have time to get it - I will check again later. But I don't think it's an ideal cut. It was in a ring that my DH's aunt gave me. The sidestones are F/G color. I believe they are about 16-18pts & 12 pts? respectively. Platinum setting. It was custom made. I will try to pull out my appraisal when I get a chance and put down the exact specs. If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Again I appreciate the compliments!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much for the quick reply. could i also bother you for your ring size? (just for perspective). i really really do LOVE your ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results