carat
color
clarity

My rework is finally done!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 7:48:17 PM
Author: Upgradable
I think it looks just beautiful!! I hope the end result can soften some of the feeling related to the experience you went through!
Thanks, Upgradable!! I appreciate the compliments. I am hoping so too. I was generally pleased about the improvements, and I am hoping that over time I can just enjoy it as a RHR and forget how miserable the 1st half of this year was getting there, and also the disappointment that it didn't work out as planned. The aesthetic improvements help!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 7:49:44 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I love the setting and you''re right.. the prongs are very delicate. It all flows beautifully. :)
Thanks, SDL! It is good to hear that! I appreciate it!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 8:06:04 PM
Author: mrssalvo
OFG, I think the rework turned out beautifully. what do you think?
Thanks, mrssalvo! I am always hesitant to say too much too soon, as I am a slow-poke and notice things gradually, but I am generally pleased at how it turned out. He did make the prongs more delicate, and set the stones higher, etc.., so, for now I''ll just say, so far so good. We are still watching the sizing, because I don''t want it to be too big, but for now it can be hard to put on in the morning because of my big knuckle. But Pete & I both didn''t want to go too big, because I don''t want it flopping around like crazy in the winter either. Right now it''s 6.75 with the horseshoe sizer. (w/ the FM shank it was size 5)

But anyway, so far I think I like it, and all the compliments will help that, I think!!!
2.gif

BTW, before I forget, I want to thank you and everyone who helped me out with this!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 8:31:41 PM
Author: Skippy123
It is beautiful, I love how you can see the whole diamond from the side, very delicate prongs!!
36.gif
Thanks, Skippy! I was pleased that he raised the diamonds up, since that was the whole idea of the open-profile.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 8:34:56 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
It looks very nice - do you still see the dark spots in the side stones?

I think the relation of the sidestones - both size and positioning - look very nice with the center stone.

I think it looks great - are you happy with it? Would love to see some handshots.
Hi MGR! It is good to see you here again! Thanks for the feedback! I think, so far anyway, that the dark spots are not quite as bad. I saw them a little, but hopefully the changes are alleviating some of that. Will give more feedback the more I wear it!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 5:21:32 AM
Author: arjunajane
OFG, I think its a huge improvement and is a very pretty ring.
I''m afraid you still sound a bit turned off though - do you love it hon?
Thanks, arjunajane! As I said I appreciate every compliment! I don''t think I am ''turned off'' so much as, gun-shy or something (can''t think of the term I''m looking for) - I tried to explain above, but let''s just say it takes me time to know the ring, if that makes sense. So I wouldn''t say I "love" it (yet), but like it and hopefully will grow to like it better & better over time, and maybe eventually love it. Plus I haven''t even had it a week, and only a day or two when I first posted this thread.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 6:07:50 AM
Author: Jelly
I love the smooth, elegant feel of the ring! Beautiful!
Thanks, Jelly! That is what I like to hear!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 8:35:58 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 8/1/2008 7:46:48 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
what do you think?
I think it''s a beautiful ring OFG, really. I love the profile, and the side view is much prettier now, imo. I really do think it turned out great. And I''m not just saying that.
28.gif

But as others have asked, how do you feel about it?
Thanks, Ellen! I appreciate the compliments, and also the assurance that you''re "not just saying that"! (Because I am the type to wonder, ''are they all just saying this because they know how bad I felt... etc.'') Hopefully I have explained above how I feel about it - too soon to tell for sure, but overall I was pleasantly surprised. He even made some of the changes that I had mentioned but thought he said they couldn''t do. But anyway, your and everyone''s reassurance help me like it more too!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 8:58:56 AM
Author: diamondrnglover
Your ring is just stunning, I love the prongs, the side view is just beautiful
30.gif
Thanks, diamondrnglover! I appreciate that!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I truly think it is a stunning ring! And I remember all of your help when I was looking for the open U prongs when I was planning my five stone ring. So you definitely deserve some happiness with it!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''m running out of time for the moment, so I jumped ahead to k9muttlover''s post. Will try to reply to everyone else very soon.

Date: 8/3/2008 4:43:14 PM
Author: k9muttlover
OFG''s last update for everyone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/latest-update.87595/

Thanks for posting the link. For now I will post what was one of the worst "before" pics. This was the state of the ring before the rework. Actually, the shank was more round again after this, because by pushing it down tightly on a ring-size measuring mandrel, it was able to be made basically round again. But this was at its worst deformation and with the missing diamond.

DSCN8261 FM shank oval 8_4.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
And I guess I better post the profile again for easy comparison.

DSCN9302 rework profile 8_4.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really does look much improved. After all you''ve been through, I wouldn''t say that if it wasn''t so. It really does look much better and I hope you will be happy with wearing it. That''s the only way you can enjoy it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks 100 times better! They must have remade the whole ring because I can''t believe it''s the same ring! It''s very pretty and the profile is great. I really hope you can enjoy it after all you''ve been through with it!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and I love the profile!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 6:56:16 PM

Date: 8/2/2008 5:21:32 AM
Author: arjunajane
OFG, I think its a huge improvement and is a very pretty ring.
I''m afraid you still sound a bit turned off though - do you love it hon?
Thanks, arjunajane! As I said I appreciate every compliment! I don''t think I am ''turned off'' so much as, gun-shy or something (can''t think of the term I''m looking for) - I tried to explain above, but let''s just say it takes me time to know the ring, if that makes sense. So I wouldn''t say I ''love'' it (yet), but like it and hopefully will grow to like it better & better over time, and maybe eventually love it. Plus I haven''t even had it a week, and only a day or two when I first posted this thread.
Cheers for the clarify OFG.
What great comparison photos, it really does show that its a whole new ring, and I too hope you grow to love it.
5.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is beautiful and the side profile is just yummy
18.gif
, I hope you can put the other problems with the ring behind you and enjoy this stunner :) with no ill thoughts.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
That is so beuatiful, love it.

enjoy it
35.gif

d2b

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 9:09:32 AM
Author: Catmom
It''s beautiful OFG! I''m so happy you finally have it back.
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Catmom! I am glad I finally have it back too!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 11:34:18 AM
Author: RxTechRN2b
I like how you can see the whole profile of all 5 diamonds from the side in ''U'' shaped shared prongs, with the prongs on the center stone being doubles that meld together at the tips. The style is similar to a 5-stone band, only with a larger, more prominent diamond in the middle -- in a very pretty setting! Enjoy!
Thanks, RxTechRN2b! The "prongs on the center stone being doubles that meld together at the tips" is one of the features I really like. I wanted something with an antique flavor, and in the end I think it is a bit more modern, so that little double-prong feature is, to me, a little minor antique-ish touch which I like.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
chiquitapet, gemgirl, geckodani, LaurenThePartier, icekid, diamondseeker2006, omieluv, Tuckins1, Isabelle, vespergirl, thing2of2, NeverEndingUpgrade, Deelight, Dani, D2B, thanks so much for your compliments!! I appreciate all the feedback and nice comments!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 1:01:51 PM
Author: coatimundi
It turned out beautifully! I love how high the diamonds sit--you can see that gorgeous culet view. The profile is so lovely!
Thanks, coatimundi! I was glad they did raise the diamonds up, because that was the whole point of the open-profile design. I do love to see the culet view.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 7:02:05 PM
Author: Upgradable
I truly think it is a stunning ring! And I remember all of your help when I was looking for the open U prongs when I was planning my five stone ring. So you definitely deserve some happiness with it!!
Thank you, Upgradable! I remember posting all those open-profile rings, so when I read this post, I was thinking, oh yeah, what did she end up with? I looked at your threads, and saw the one with the gorgeous YG ring you were having Wink make, but I didn''t see the finished product. Did you get it? It''s funny, because after all those rings I posted, you chose a design I also had a photo for, and considered when I was trying to decide. It was from a pricescope named glitterkitty, and had a similar look to the one you showed CADs of. I was always torn between the totally open-profile, vs. something like that to get a little antique flair in there, but I guess I couldn''t figure out how it would look with a prominent center stone like mine has. But I''d love to see how your ring turned out!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I''ll post another B&A set. Wish I knew how to get them in the same post, side by side.

Those of you who followed my saga will remember how the ''ribs'' covered so much of the last diamond. They eliminated the ribs & now the diamond is much more open.

DSCN8257 bezel covers diamond 8_5.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is the same pic as on the previous page, but anyway, you can also see from this comparison how much more delicate the prongs are on the center stone. They didn''t look as bulky IRL as they do in the picture above, but still, it is much nicer to have them look so much more delicate.

DSCN9306 shoulder eliminate ribs 8_5.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Another B&A. Angle view, before: (again it had the bulky prongs, & ribs covering so much of the last diamond)

DSCN8578 angle view 8_5.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Angle view, after: (the newer design seems more light & airy; the older was a bit too compact?)

(BTW, I notice the diamonds seem to have a yellow hue in some of these pics; I think that is just the bad lighting or possibly when I go to lighten up a dark photo w/ adobe, it adds a yellow hue.)

DSCN9307 rework angle.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 8:02:40 AM
Maybe I''ll post another B&A set. Wish I knew how to get them in the same post, side by side.

Those of you who followed my saga will remember how the ''ribs'' covered so much of the last diamond. They eliminated the ribs & now the diamond is much more open.
Ask, and you shall receive.
2.gif
(I didn''t do the first two side by side, as I was affraid it might mess up the page)

That profile really is totally scrumptious O.
30.gif

DSCN8261%20FM%20shank%20oval%208_4.jpg

DSCN9302%20rework%20profile%208_4.jpg

DSCN8257%20bezel%20covers%20diamond%208_5.jpg
DSCN9306%20shoulder%20eliminate%20ribs%208_5.jpg

DSCN8578%20angle%20view%208_5.jpg
DSCN9307%20rework%20angle.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, thanks so much for doing that, and for the compliment!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results