shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone engagement rings

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by lasposa, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. lasposa
    Rough_Rock

by lasposa » Jun 22, 2008
    My current e-ring is a three stone style with side baguettes. I need to have my e-ring remade since it is too large and cannot be sized down (due to the baguettes). I would really like to have it remade as a five stone ring. I love them! I would love to see pictures of 5-stone engagement rings where the center stone is mounted higher. I usually see 5-stone wedding bands where all stones are the same size. My stones are 1 .80 carot and 2 .5 carots. I think I would add 2 more .5 carots but am not sure. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

P.S. My wedding band is a plain platinum band. Do you think that a five stone e-ring would look too blingy with it?

2. dockman3
    Brilliant_Rock

by dockman3 » Jun 22, 2008
    I hope crazydogs doesn't mind me re-posting her pictures, but her rings are absolutely stunning and one of the best examples of a 5 stone ring. You can see her thread here, with plenty of pictures. Her rings were just soldered together in these pics. She has a 5 stone engagement ring and a 5 stone wedding band, both from Sott Kay (so I'm a little partial to these as I am giving my gf the three stone version). But this is a great example of both types of rings and how they look.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-on-scott-kay-ring-problems.70783/

I'll post one pic here taken from that thread, but this should give you some idea, I hope.

[​IMG]

3. kittybean
    Ideal_Rock

by kittybean » Jun 22, 2008
    I''m not sure if mine qualifies as a "five stone" ring, but it does have five stones! The center is a 2.1 ct. emerald cut and the sides are 4 15-point round brilliants. I think I five-stone engagement ring might be a nice contrast with a plain wedding band, but I think you would have to try them on and make sure you liked the look.

I didn''t want to rename my files to upload them again, but you can see photos of mine here.

4. lasposa
    Rough_Rock

by lasposa » Jun 23, 2008
    Dockman3, thank you so much... that Scott Kay ring is beautiful and almost exactly what I would like! I looked on the Scott Kay website and couldn''t find it. Do you know if they still make that style?

5. Venice
    Brilliant_Rock

by Venice » Jun 23, 2008
    Pearlman''s carries it. Scott Kay lists very little on their website. A scott Kay dealer has a book of all the Scott Kay rings available for you to look at. The ring is extremely well made and very sturdy. The diamonds in their rings are top quality. [​IMG]

6. risingsun
    Ideal_Rock

by risingsun » Jun 23, 2008
    This is a HOF five stone ring. Please excuse not so great pic. The center stone is set high above the side stones--but not so it's in the way. The center stone is 1.23 and the side stones are .20 each. My ring size is 4.5. I have a matching 5 stone wedding band. I you would like any more pics, just let me know[​IMG] Despite this being a shared prong set, the diamonds don't "nibble" away at each other or the setting. I have it checked regularly and there has been no problem in the past 1.5 years that I have had it. I wear this set all the time. No need for soldering the rings, which would be a deal breaker for me.

011 ering.jpg

7. risingsun
    Ideal_Rock

8. dockman3
    Brilliant_Rock

by dockman3 » Jun 24, 2008
    I agree with Venice here, and was actually about to write the same thing when I saw the post. I did not get my 3 stone version from Pearlman''s, so I can''t say anything about them, but my Scott Kay is wonderful and I would recommend it.

9. Venice
    Brilliant_Rock

by Venice » Jun 24, 2008
    My Scott Kay is wonderful and I would recommend it, too! [​IMG]

10. dec2410
    Shiny_Rock

by dec2410 » Aug 28, 2008
    BUMP!! [​IMG]

11. Odilia
    Brilliant_Rock

by Odilia » Aug 28, 2008
    Well, I guess my new ring qualifies. That Scott Kay was one of my inspirations for it.
    I don''t think it would be too blingy for a plain band; personally, on myself I don''t like a diamond band with it, because then it gets to blingy for my own self. So a plain band should look good with it.

DSCN9354 crop.jpg

12. Odilia
    Brilliant_Rock

by Odilia » Aug 28, 2008
    a different angle

to see more pics, here is my thread

Also, I had a thread a long time ago with others.

Plus, there was a PSer named "upgradable" who was asking, and I posted a ton of pictures here.
    She wound up getting a gorgeous one, but it's not with a prominent center stone, so I'm not sure if that design would work w/ a large center stone or not.

DSCN9603 crop.jpg

13. beau13
    Ideal_Rock

by beau13 » Aug 28, 2008
    I just L[​IMG]VE your set Risingsun!

14. DivaDiamond007
    Brilliant_Rock

by DivaDiamond007 » Aug 28, 2008
    Here''s mine. Center is .80 and sides are 8-points each. Matching band is a 5-stone with 8-pointers. Stuller illusion setting.

DivaDiamond007.JPG

15. dec2410
    Shiny_Rock

by dec2410 » Aug 28, 2008
    oh my good God.......old-fashioned girl, your ring is GORGEOUS!!

could i bother your for the specs of the center stone and setting? was it a custom made masterpiece?

BEAUTIFULLLL!! [​IMG]

16. Odilia
    Brilliant_Rock

by Odilia » Aug 29, 2008
    Wow, julie, thanks for the very nice compliment. So as not to hijack the thread, I will answer in my thread. (Click on the link above)

17. Kelli
    Ideal_Rock

by Kelli » Aug 29, 2008
    These rings are great! Love the five stone look. Anyone got step cut five stone rings?

18. Odilia
    Brilliant_Rock

by Odilia » Aug 29, 2008
    I think there was a recent thread with that very topic. They might have said "emerald cut."

19. risingsun
    Ideal_Rock

by risingsun » Aug 29, 2008
    Thanks, Beau! [/end threadjack][​IMG]

20. dec2410
    Shiny_Rock

by dec2410 » Sep 14, 2008
    bump

21. kittybean
    Ideal_Rock

by kittybean » Sep 15, 2008
    I didn''t post a pic of mine before, so I will now:

[​IMG]

Risingsun, I am so pleasantly surprised to hear that your have had no problems with wearing your shared-prong set together. This gives me hope that I can get a gorgeous shared-prong wedding band to go with my e-ring! Any problems with the diamonds eating away at the metal in your set?

22. dec2410
    Shiny_Rock

by dec2410 » Oct 1, 2008
    BUMP [​IMG]

23. dec2410
    Shiny_Rock

by dec2410 » Oct 30, 2008
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.