shape
carat
color
clarity

5.07 RB (GIA 3X) in Leon Mege Setting

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear your beautiful new ring in good health and blingy joy @allycat0303 and happy anniversary!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
My husband lost his watch and wedding band tying them to his scrubs. :(2 I think I’d leave that beautiful ring at home on OR days.

I’m sorry to hear that :(
Sometimes it’s just a momentary distraction… or when you are upset about a case. I don’t suppose the laundry service returned it to him?

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
That diamond is so spectacular! I think after a week or two you will get used to the "look" and certainly once the ring is sized, it will feel more like "yours."

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
That diamond is so spectacular! I think after a week or two you will get used to the "look" and certainly once the ring is sized, it will feel more like "yours."

Thank you Beagles! I think something about selecting the wrong ring size probably throws it all off in the mind. Like wearing shoes that are 2 sizes too big. Can’t visualize how it will work.

My husband plans to fly to New York next weekend. So hopefully in 1.5 weeks, I’ll put it on and it will feel better.

In the meantime, I’m leaving it in box and not looking at it. I don’t want to develop some sort of aversion to it!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry to hear that :(
Sometimes it’s just a momentary distraction… or when you are upset about a case. I don’t suppose the laundry service returned it to him?

He got the ring back, but not the watch, which, of course, is one size fits all. It was back when he was a bleary eyed, sleep deprived, over worked resident. (Now he’s a bleary eyed, sleep deprived, over worked attending) although now he only works 60-70 hours a week instead of 90-100.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
He got the ring back, but not the watch, which, of course, is one size fits all. It was back when he was a bleary eyed, sleep deprived, over worked resident. (Now he’s a bleary eyed, sleep deprived, over worked attending) although now he only works 60-70 hours a week instead of 90-100.

iluvcarats:

Typical. I don’t have that life right now because of Covid. They don’t let us operate to save ICU beds. Is your husband an orthopod? For some reason that’s stuck in my mind.

Your ring is utter perfection! I am also so jealous of your lovely slim long fingers! You could be a hand model :)

Are you allowed to wear a pendant under your scrubs in the OR? If yes, I would get a ring holder necklace - much safer than tying it to your scrubs!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous piece of art that incorporates you and your husband's heritage. I love the simple elegance of the halo that really allows to showcase that gorgeous diamond!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
iluvcarats:

Typical. I don’t have that life right now because of Covid. They don’t let us operate to save ICU beds. Is your husband an orthopod? For some reason that’s stuck in my mind.

No, he’s a urologist. His hospital is also limiting elective surgeries, but most of what he does is cancer or surgery that is time dependent. What is your specialty?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gallery is gorgeous! I like how the halo is a nice little compliment to the stone but not too big...lovely piece! Congratulations!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
No, he’s a urologist. His hospital is also limiting elective surgeries, but most of what he does is cancer or surgery that is time dependent. What is your specialty?

I’m a cardiac surgeon. Biggest consumer of ICU beds.. so limited to only emergency cases for the moment. I am a big believer in rules, so I’m not trying to sneak any patients in that strictly don’t “need it ASAP”.. but I hope it clears up soon.
The gallery is gorgeous! I like how the halo is a nice little compliment to the stone but not too big...lovely piece! Congratulations!
Thank you tyty333
What a gorgeous piece of art that incorporates you and your husband's heritage. I love the simple elegance of the halo that really allows to showcase that gorgeous diamond!

I wasn’t set on halo, but my husband really wanted it. So he appreciates the positive comment. LOL

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is utter perfection! I am also so jealous of your lovely slim long fingers! You could be a hand model :)

Are you allowed to wear a pendant under your scrubs in the OR? If yes, I would get a ring holder necklace - much safer than tying it to your scrubs!

Yes. I think the necklace may be the way to go. I just never wear necklaces so hesitating !

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
What a wild and delightful ride this has been, thank you for bringing us along!

Shock is completely understandable as part of a first reaction with that ring and size - it is massive. It is beautiful (he really nailed the "delicate" aspect of the halo) but I can see how it will take a little getting used to, as well as needing to figure out the best way to size it so you can wear it comfortably.

I shared with my husband where yours hid the ring and he got a good chuckle out of that.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just W.O.W.

That’s the ring that dreams are made of! I think you’ll love it once it fits properly and as for wearing it to work or not, what about a necklace with a custom made gold or platinum “clip” (like a large lobster clasp) so you could quickly take it off and secure it? But a delicate one, maybe with engraving or something….

Attachments

• 78945E83-4340-40E6-B17C-0BD9DE7C069A.png
    78945E83-4340-40E6-B17C-0BD9DE7C069A.png
    389.8 KB · Views: 235

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
What a wild and delightful ride this has been, thank you for bringing us along!

Shock is completely understandable as part of a first reaction with that ring and size - it is massive. It is beautiful (he really nailed the "delicate" aspect of the halo) but I can see how it will take a little getting used to, as well as needing to figure out the best way to size it so you can wear it comfortably.

I shared with my husband where yours hid the ring and he got a good chuckle out of that.

He was quite pleased with himself. The worst part is that he had walked downstairs (stomped) so I would think it really was there.

Just W.O.W.

That’s the ring that dreams are made of! I think you’ll love it once it fits properly and as for wearing it to work or not, what about a necklace with a custom made gold or platinum “clip” (like a large lobster clasp) so you could quickly take it off and secure it? But a delicate one, maybe with engraving or something….

I think I like a clasp more then a necklace. You know what I used to worry about? I tied my ring to my scrubs and I would lean against the operating room table (maybe squishing my ring?) I used to think about that at the end of the case..

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I did want to share this (I asked for permission). Right before my husband presented me with the ring, he took me to a rustic diner for breakfast (to throw me off the trail). I snapped a picture of him laughing at me. He just told me “you’ll never find the ring, I put it in a place you can’t get to”. I thought he looked so self satisfied and pleased with himself.

Embarrassed to admit he was actually right. I never would have found it. Thank you all for letting me share :)

B2748EA6-587E-424D-91D4-ECA0EDB86584.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I did want to share this (I asked for permission). Right before my husband presented me with the ring, he took me to a rustic diner for breakfast (to throw me off the trail). I snapped a picture of him laughing at me. He just told me “you’ll never find the ring, I put it in a place you can’t get to”. I thought he looked so self satisfied and pleased with himself.

Embarrassed to admit he was actually right. I never would have found it. Thank you all for letting me share :)

B2748EA6-587E-424D-91D4-ECA0EDB86584.jpeg

Wow, he’s gorgeous! You’re so lucky to have such a sweet and loving man!

Also, thank you for your service during these Covid times. We really appreciate all health care workers; and being a cardiac surgeon is no small feat. Thank you, you deserve that ring!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Wow, he’s gorgeous! You’re so lucky to have such a sweet and loving man!

Also, thank you for your service during these Covid times. We really appreciate all health care workers; and being a cardiac surgeon is no small feat. Thank you, you deserve that ring!
Sprinkles,

Very sweet of you to say. I don’t do much except put people on ECMO and put chest tubes in. I kind of think I’m part of “futile service” because the mortality is so high.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
1. There is no such thing as "futile service" in medicine, as far as I am concerned
2. WOW. Just wow. What a stupendous ring, with such beautiful details. LM is such an artist!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So amazingly beautiful. Congratulations! It is really spectacular. I hope you get much joy in wearing it!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
1. There is no such thing as "futile service" in medicine, as far as I am concerned
2. WOW. Just wow. What a stupendous ring, with such beautiful details. LM is such an artist!

Just my service right now. Not everyone else. I haven’t had one person survive ECMO yet. There are stories out there of survival. But not an case I’ve been involved with yet. Depressing.
So amazingly beautiful. Congratulations! It is really spectacular. I hope you get much joy in wearing it!

Thank you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, wow, wow! It's so gorgeous. Congratulations!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
This has been a suspenseful journey, but well worth the wait!:appl:
I hope Leon can put pillows on the inside shank for fit and spin. This beauty should be front and center! It is huge, but, like someone else stated earlier, it is celebrity size and they wear their rings with no problem! The inspiration pic you posted, the ring size and proportions look like yours. Just beautiful! Maybe simply viewing the ring on you vs. on someone else's hand is making it seem different.

I kinda would love to know what Mom thinks:Up_to_something: now!
Anyway, gorgeous ring, handsome husband (love the sleeve BTW), and congratulations all around!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
So worth the wait, @allycat0303 !! Your hubby did an excellent job with the ring and in keeping us all in suspense. :D Congrats on such a deliciously delicate honker! Thanks so much for your service as a medical professional, and for taking us all on this beautiful bling journey.❤️

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@allycat0303, this ring is just absolutely gorgeous!! It looks fabulous on your hand. What a rare and special diamond to have. And I gotta say, your dh is so handsome!

And...never mind celebrities, there are more than a few PS'ers with large stones and they wear them very proudly - as they should! It's gorgeous and I hope you will enjoy this beauty for years to come.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! Congrats on your beautiful ring but more importantly for 25 years with your loving husband. I know it hasn’t always been easy but the best things are always worth fighting for.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results