shape
carat
color
clarity

5.07 RB (GIA 3X) in Leon Mege Setting

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I’m speechless! Wow! Just wow!! Thats a Showstopper for sure! No way you can even attempt to put surgical gloves over that gorgeous monster rock! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! Congrats!!! So happy to FINALLY see it. Did he tell you where he hid it?

Oh. It’s so bad. He hid it in the kitchen cabinet. Top shelf. He said “I know you don’t even know where the kitchen is”

I spent the majority of my search in the basement. He was kind of clever

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful, Ally! Just amazingly perfect in every way, and even though I don’t have anything from Leon, he is still my favorite. His work is always beyond compare IMO. Wear it in the best of health.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful, Ally! Just amazingly perfect in every way, and even though I don’t have anything from Leon, he is still my favorite. His work is always beyond compare IMO. Wear it in the best of health.

Thank you iluvcarats! I think Leon does wonderful work. Just have to trust his artistic eye.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s. Just. Stunning. A true piece of art, that you can wear! :clap:
Love the gallery, the sentiment and well, that stone… just yummy!!! F4B72362-927B-4E06-BDC9-CA77D22F55C1.gif

rainbowstarry

Rough_Rock
Last one.
D5ED5F96-E952-4A1A-BC72-6E3C06767465.jpeg

PER-FEC-TION

it looks amazing on you. Congrats to you and your hubby and good for you both celebrating all you’ve accomplished together- through the good and bad and everything in between

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pure perfection!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Holy !@#$%!!

How is this real life!! Seriously - your ring could put any celebrity ring to shame!

Incredible, incredible job by your husband and Leon - enjoy this beauty!! :kiss2:

p.s. - would love to see the Rolex you got your husband too!!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Its lovely and I'm so happy for you! I think both your love story and your natural nails are beautiful. Congrats of fulfilling your dreams! May this amazing ring be a reminder of all you and your husband have accomplished together.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I have no words. It is truly the stuff of my dreams. I love the ring and I love your story!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
OMG this is amazing! I would just sit and stare at that amazing diamond all day! What is your ring size out of curiosity??

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
OMG this is amazing! I would just sit and stare at that amazing diamond all day! What is your ring size out of curiosity??

Hi twosanguinehearts,

I am not sure what my ring size is. This ring is made to 4.25 but it’s much too big. Completely slides off…. However my old engagement ring was a 4.25 and fit (albeit if shook my hand, it slides off).

I would say, my real ring size is anywhere between 3.75 and 4.0 for this ring.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Its lovely and I'm so happy for you! I think both your love story and your natural nails are beautiful. Congrats of fulfilling your dreams! May this amazing ring be a reminder of all you and your husband have accomplished together.
Thank you RunningwithScissors. Lately it’s felt as though the sacrifices weren’t worth it. But it is what it is. Have to believe that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be… even if it feels horrible :)

Last edited:

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Holy !@#$%!!

How is this real life!! Seriously - your ring could put any celebrity ring to shame!

Incredible, incredible job by your husband and Leon - enjoy this beauty!! :kiss2:

p.s. - would love to see the Rolex you got your husband too!!

Sandy: What Rolex ? LOL. I haven’t given it to him yet. He’s getting it for Valentine’s Day. I did have to get some sort of revenge.

It’s nothing special: a datejust 41 mm, fluted bezel, jubilee bracelet with slate dial. My husband has a number of tattoos on his arms (full sleeve on the left arm) and the slate picks up that “greenish black” the ink turns.

Not sure the watch is really “him” as he’s more athletic/tattoos vs classic, refined, but maybe the contrast MAY BE interesting? I have reservations about the watch to be honest.

He wanted a steel watch for everyday wear.. but I think a watch needs to “match” the wearer.. if that makes sense? I think that there’s actually no great “steel “ option in mid price range. I did look at Audamers Piaget Royal Oak… but I’ve never visually liked the look of that watch… and my husband dislikes the hexagon face. But I think stylistically that one might “match” him more.

I’ll keep you updated. If you can’t tell… the watch thing has me in a bit of a frenzy. While he wants the Rolex, I told him it didn’t really “suit him” and he’s open to suggestions for alternatives…except I haven’t found any alternatives yet! It can still be returned for full refund.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

I bet you wish you could wear it to work, however, I appreciate it is not very practical.

DK :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously STUNNING! :kiss2:

It certainly is large, but I think you will adjust your mind set with wear & time. Please be patient & let yourself flow with it. It's absolutely perfect - congratulations!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

I bet you wish you could wear it to work, however, I appreciate it is not very practical.

DK :kiss2:

I’m starting to think I will… to be honest I spend almost all my time at work. I’m not a big believer in “saving” something for special occasion… price per wear. Maybe on clinic days? I don’t want it to stay home and never see light of day. But the reality is I spend 100% of time at work in scrubs.

I think I just have to get “used to it” hopefully DSS will set in soon and it’s going to look “ok” in my mind.

Looking at the pics it’s just a little bigger then I think I would visually prefer. Also if I had longer nails I think it would wear better proportionally.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Seriously STUNNING! :kiss2:

It certainly is large, but I think you will adjust your mind set with wear & time. Please be patient & let yourself flow with it. It's absolutely perfect - congratulations!

Thanks Ally. You read my mind. I realize that I am absolutely stuck with it. So I’m hoping that I come around to it more. It is absolutely my dream ring. The setting spot on. The stone is much larger then I dreamed of having (I wanted 3.3 carats).

When I was searching for rings… I had a visual image of the “perfect ring proportions” but for some reason don’t feel like I’m getting same effect.

NOT my ring! From Instagram. I know it’s an OEC. But this is visually what I wanted.
6A1A1DEA-78C3-40CB-96F3-EE886BA692A6.jpeg

ETA: She just might have nicer hands then me LOL. It’s apparently a 5 carat center as well.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m starting to think I will… to be honest I spend almost all my time at work. I’m not a big believer in “saving” something for special occasion… price per wear. Maybe on clinic days? I don’t want it to stay home and never see light of day. But the reality is I spend 100% of time at work in scrubs.

I think I just have to get “used to it” hopefully DSS will set in soon and it’s going to look “ok” in my mind.

Looking at the pics it’s just a little bigger then I think I would visually prefer. Also if I had longer nails I think it would wear better proportionally.

Good on you - you deserve it!!!

It would worry me having to take an expensive ring off to store in a locker while I gown up and go into a controlled environment to work!

If I could wear it around my neck in a ring holder on me then I may consider it.

DK :))

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Good on you - you deserve it!!!

It would worry me having to take an expensive ring off to store in a locker while I gown up and go into a controlled environment to work!

If I could wear it around my neck in a ring holder on me then I may consider it.

Yes, I know what you mean. I used to tie my engagement ring to pant tie on scrubs. I did leave it in the scrub return once… but only once! I used to wear it everyday for about 7-8 years.

Although my old engagement ring and this one have similar styles, this one appears to be 100X more delicate for whatever reason. In real life it looks like it will easily snap. While my old ring “appeared sturdy”.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I know what you mean. I used to tie my engagement ring to pant tie on scrubs. I did leave it in the scrub return once… but only once! I used to wear it everyday for about 7-8 years.

Although my old engagement ring and this one have similar styles, this one appears to be 100X more delicate for whatever reason. In real life it looks like it will easily snap. While my old ring “appeared sturdy”.

I can't remember seeing your old engagement ring, so I cannot comment on how it looks compared with your new whopper.

Looking at your new ring, the shank looks thin only because the diamond is so big IMHO. ;)2

It looks very sturdy on the underside as the head of the ring is not joined to the shank on a single point, if you know what I mean.

Good that you could wear it scrubbed up. In pharmaceutical and food manufacturing, I was not able to wear jewellery except for a pair of plain studs without stones, and only a wedding band without stones; nothing else is allowed, like makeup or nail vanish. Hence I am quite comfortable going out and about bare-face to this day, even thought the last time I had to gown up was back in 2016.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I can't remember seeing your old engagement ring, so I cannot comment on how it looks compared with your new whopper.

Looking at your new ring, the shank looks thin only because the diamond is so big IMHO. ;)2

It looks very sturdy on the underside as the head of the ring is not joined to the shank on a single point, if you know what I mean.

Good that you could wear it scrubbed up. In pharmaceutical and food manufacturing, I was not able to wear jewellery except for a pair of plain studs without stones, and only a wedding band without stones; nothing else is allowed, like makeup or nail vanish. Hence I am quite comfortable going out and about bare-face to this day, even thought the last time I had to gown up was back in 2016.

FDF55502-B67C-485C-B9D5-0C29BFE1C8BF.jpeg

Ignore the back drop lol. From many years ago. Pictures don’t convey it in real life… but it was more substantial. Also the band is triple sided pave with miligrain so had more “height” on the band.

In Canada, the healthcare workers aren’t allowed to have nail polish and long nails. There isn’t a specific rule about rings. That being said, some of the nurses on my floor had long acrylics with the elaborate designs, so it wasn’t “enforced” rule.

During long surgeries I’ve ripped my gloves… it’s not unusual for me to go through a second pair during a case. So I kind of feel like I’m reducing the infection risk by having short nails. That being said I knew a general surgeon that had long, pointed blood red nails. No one said anything… (she was kind of scary though). I just personally thought it was a bit off.

I don’t really do any out of OR procedures though except for maybe chest tubes/ central lines. But taking off ring was simple enough.

Last edited:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! I'm lost for words. Literally. What a beauty!!! True perfection!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@allycat0303 I see what you mean - the shank in your old ER does look more substantial in comparison to the new one.

Apologies for going off-topic, however, it is not often I could talk and share experience of working in controlled environment in PS and other boards. =)2

The manufacturing sites where I had worked were, still are, very strict with regard to personal hygiene including jewellery, nails and makeup.

I used to gown up and worked in Class 100 and 1000 areas at the start of my career all those years ago.

True story, no names, however, I had come across part of a false nail being broken off and wedged between an infusion bag and its outer wrapper, that got missed during post-sterilisation inspection. It ended up as a customer complaint and rightly so. The investigation team knew exactly where it came from: department and person responsible etc...

It turned out one department agreed to investigate if false nails would increase microbial risk (apparently it didn't so they gave the go ahead for the operators to wear them), without consulting other departments. The risk of physical contamination in the event of breakages was never considered. :roll2: No evidence of a thorough risk analysis being conducted. A prime example of working in silos! False nails were banned right away.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ally. You read my mind. I realize that I am absolutely stuck with it. So I’m hoping that I come around to it more. It is absolutely my dream ring. The setting spot on. The stone is much larger then I dreamed of having (I wanted 3.3 carats).

When I was searching for rings… I had a visual image of the “perfect ring proportions” but for some reason don’t feel like I’m getting same effect.

NOT my ring! From Instagram. I know it’s an OEC. But this is visually what I wanted.
6A1A1DEA-78C3-40CB-96F3-EE886BA692A6.jpeg

ETA: She just might have nicer hands then me LOL. It’s apparently a 5 carat center as well.

I think this model is wearing the ring closer to her knuckle & also that she might have longer fingers. Apart from that (& the cut of diamond) it could be the same ring to my eyes. It's a Leon. That man is extremely particular & you are a lucky lady. It really is beautiful on you!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
@allycat0303 I see what you mean - the shank in your old ER does look more substantial in comparison to the new one.

Apologies for going off-topic, however, it is not often I could talk and share experience of working in controlled environment in PS and other boards. =)2

The manufacturing sites where I had worked were, still are, very strict with regard to personal hygiene including jewellery, nails and makeup.

I used to gown up and worked in Class 100 and 1000 areas at the start of my career all those years ago.

True story, no names, however, I had come across part of a false nail being broken off and wedged between an infusion bag and its outer wrapper, that got missed during post-sterilisation inspection. It ended up as a customer complaint and rightly so. The investigation team knew exactly where it came from: department and person responsible etc...

It turned out one department agreed to investigate if false nails would increase microbial risk (apparently it didn't so they gave the go ahead for the operators to wear them), without consulting other departments. The risk of physical contamination in the event of breakages was never considered. :roll2: No evidence of a thorough risk analysis being conducted. A prime example of working in silos! False nails were banned right away.

It would make sense in my eyes to ban false nails in certain places! I do think there’s certain nursing jobs that are very low procedure…and low hands on, and that’s perfectly acceptable for nail polish and acrylics. I can’t say I’ve seen in here in US… but did see it in Canada a few times.
I think this model is wearing the ring closer to her knuckle & also that she might have longer fingers. Apart from that (& the cut of diamond) it could be the same ring to my eyes. It's a Leon. That man is extremely particular & you are a lucky lady. It really is beautiful on you!

I’m sure half of this is because the sizing is wrong. Once sized properly it will hopefully feel more “wearable” thank you for the kind reassurance!

Leon did a perfect job on setting. And thank god he convinced me not to have it set higher like I originally requested. It would have been too much. LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results