shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 3.98 RB in Vatche U113 thanks to IDJ!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to IDJ, I have the most beautiful diamond in the world (to me!) :love:

DH wanted to give me a special mommy treat from IDJ after a particularly rough week chasing little M! But the problem was, I couldn't find a thing I wanted - even in the sea of gorgeous bling! I think, like Phoenix, I have all of my staple pieces already! So before I pulled the trigger on a lovely wide pave ring, I casually asked, "Should I upgrade?"

Bam! Yekutiel says, "Well, there IS this amazing stone that was just 'born' a day or two ago that is going to get snapped up immediately." Before I could blink, he had the brand new GIA cert in front of me talking angles and how amazing the stone was for an SI2 - eyeclean! No black anywhere! A tiny feather in the pav that could be covered by a prong! OMG, how my eyes popped!

I think I may have blinked once more and it was in front of my eyes. Sparkling. Going crazy. Most beautiful stone I had ever seen. Huge. Like a marble of glowing crystal. Magical. I was spellbound!

Initially, I had always thought I might go for 3.25 carats or so. But Yekutiel said, "No, no...Bliss, I know you. When you upgrade... you UP-GRADE!" I didn't know what he meant until I saw the huge size difference. Here was a stone to squash DSS forever!!! The DSS-terminator! I had always thought 3.5 carat RBs bordered on too large but this one's beauty just made the size seem perfect in my eyes.

Now, how to convince DH? The stone he had bought for me at age 27... the beautiful 2.7 RB that I had worn and loved. Well, upon inspection we found out that I had chipped it and so that made it super easy in the end!

IDJ is, as always, phenomenal. Yekutiel even had Mr. Vatche customize the enhancer so that the 1.06 each side stones would fit to make it a three stone whenever the mood strikes. I must admit, however, that I prefer the diamond to be a solitaire. It makes me feel romantic and engaged. I also like to wear a wedding band on the other hand. I don't think there will be any question that I'm taken with this ring! :naughty: Anyway, I am an old married woman so I don't feel that I have to wear a set on my left hand any longer! I like to mix it up!

I am SO sorry to all of you lovely lovely friends for waiting so long - these pics have been a long time coming. I am so sorry! Being a mom to a toddler is more work than I ever imagined! The moment I sit at my laptop, my adorable monkey climbs onto my lap and bangs away. It sure makes posting impossible! They're all end up like W$)(SDFKLGSFGD+#()$W#*!!!!

Hugs to all! I hope you enjoy! All taken with my camera phone! Sorry, no DSLR pics this time! :twirl:

r44.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I finally feel AHHHHH relief - to have such an ideal cut stone!

_3327.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Here she is as a transformer! I have to come up with a name for her... Maybe Maya!

_3328.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
The facets are so big and yummy that the ring looks like some kind of futuristic candy! :love: Gobble!

_3329.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! STUNNING!!!! Lucky, lucky, lucky you!!!! IT's amazing!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats again Bliss! I've been waiting for your pics!!! Such a cute one on your toddler's finger, too! :love:

I'm particularly interested b/c I'm looking to upgrade in the future to a 4 ct! I was thinking about putting it in a 3 stone but your ring is making me have 2nd thoughts! Can you remind us of your finger size and dimensions of the diamond? It looks huge on your finger!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Couldn't resist - sorry about all the lint - here are some studs I've been buying for M when she grows up! The baby 8 prong studs are .80 tcw for when she pierces her ears for the first time. The 1.8 tcw studs are for when she turns 16 and the halo'd plat studs are for when she gets married! *sob* I was wearing them when I gave birth to her. :twirl: I've been collecting jewelry for her way before she was born. I'm kooky! She's my dream come true, after DH! Awwwwwwwwwwww

r40.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I don't really dig the three stone look...makes the center look smaller, I think! What do you think?

Here it is with plain bands...to keep it all from flying off, I guess!

_3330.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Happy Holidays!!! Belated holiday greeting! :cheeky:

r20.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hello Kitty fun!

_3331.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I really love it as a solitaire more...

r21.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I also like to wear it solo!

r24.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Maya is very dirty here!!!! :wink2:

r16.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
For those considering U113, it's a great setting!

_3332.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Looks like one of Phoenix's earrings here! LOL

r28.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Heehee, having some fun with our friend's Superbowl rings... Go Giants!

r30.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
In the sun!

r37.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I think the eternity overpowers Maya.

r43.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Maya is a bit of a diva and likes to be the star. :naughty:

r46.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ahhhh!!! I'm sooo happy you made your thread! Finally! I loooooove your upgrade!!!! I love it as a 3-stone but its wow... Wow...WOw...WOW!! as a solitaire!!!! I mean like DSS my ass!!! Never again!!!!! Oh how I wish I was I could transform myself into your finger and have that beauty on me! Is that creepy! Who cares! I love it!!!!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I know you PSers love real life perspective shots! Gulp!

r48.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hanging with my inside out IDJ hoops!

r50.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I really really love how simple this set can be. It just seems so classic and romantic to me. :love:

_3333.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning. Yes, stunning. Stunning is good! :appl:

cheeers--Sharon

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
This diamond just glows...it is really the prettiest most fiery diamond I have ever seen. Yekutiel knows how to pick some mazal stones. I am blown away every time I look at it. Even in dark light, the diamond glows from within like it's powered by batteries!!!

r10.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Fire time!

r17.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results