shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 3.98 RB in Vatche U113 thanks to IDJ!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann said:
Bliss, :love: love the group shot!!! But I am curious...what is the other pendant? I see the cross (one of my all time fav pieces of yours!) and the DBTY, but what is the other pendant? Please do tell!! And those hoops are just the bomb sister!!!! Which do you feel are blingier on? Your hoops or studs?

This is going to sound crazy, but I took one look at the picture and remembered that the other pendant is a Tiffany's DBTY solitaire that her hubby gave her when they were dating. I know this because I had IDJ make a DBTY so I read Bliss' thread about hers several times and she talked about it there.

What a collection, Bliss!!!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
She is a monster! OMG, Great finger coverage on you. It really is a time where you went in to IDJ just in time for this fresh out of oven lovely diamond. It truely sparkles! I love it as a solitaire as well :)

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Part Two of Thanks!!!!!

Diamondseeker2006!!!!! Ahhhh, huge huge hugs to you. You have helped me so much and are such a lovely PSer whose posts I look forward to always. Such a voice of wisdom, such a discerning eye... just incredible!!!!! Thank you!!!!! I love that we both have the same setting because you are a perfectionist with such good taste, it makes me feel reassured that I won't ever tire of the U113! Your new ring is phenomenal. It is a dream ring by anyone's standards. It must be so wonderful to look down upon it throughout the day and feel so special. Things of beauty really feed the soul - it's why we have music and the arts! To have a small piece of art and such beauty - it just makes every day so special, doesn't it?

I think I'm going to re-use the 1.08 carat each stones for diamond dangle earrings! I feel like the wrap just doesn't do it for me anymore! I'm a solitaire girl at heart, I think! Maya pops so much more and looks much much bigger alone than in a three stone. I think that's the look I've been chasing my whole life - big rock on a skinny simple band. Done and done! :love:

armywife!!!!! You have a spectacular ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're never getting DSS, either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such elegance and such timelessness in your setting! It showcases your huge stone perfectly! Couldn't happen to a nicer person!

wsblue430 - thank you!!!!! Ahhhh, are you in Paris? I hope to go there for my birthday coming up... so romantic!!!! That shot is gorgeous.

gregchang35!!!!! Hahahahahahaha! True! True!!!! Are you saying that it's like the husband who buys his wife a golf club set? Ha ha ha... I don't actually wear the other two sets of studs because I'm saving them for little M but the bigger ones I do. They were the ones I was wearing when I gave birth to her in the hospital! I'm infusing them with love and happy memories!!!!! :twirl:

Circe, thanks again! Yes, preach it!!!!!! Sister, Amen!!!!!!!!! Sing it to the choir!!!!! Hallelujah! I can't tell you how relatively "cheap" this stone is compared to the immense joy it brings me throughout the day. Waiting in line somewhere? Brightens my day and makes me feel gorgeous. Floor covered in grains of rice thrown by adorable toddler? Clean up becomes a sparkle fest of admiring my ring as I whisk it away feeling loved. Just looking at it makes me feel a rush of love. The simple solitaire especially takes me back to when he proposed and that magic of island yumminess when I first saw the flash of diamond in the candlelight and couldn't breathe when I realized he was proposing and we were getting married omg omg married-I'm-a-grown-up-now-no-waaaay!!! Maya makes me feel like that young girl in a magical fairytale again.

Hahahaha! Even when DH is annoying me (socks on the floor AGAIN, homey? For realz??!), I catch the fire from my flailing arms as I show him where the hamper is AGAIN (hahahaha) and am reminded of our enduring love and history...by this really amazing stone. It's pretty magical. It reminds me that he is willing to give me the world to make me happy and that makes me forgive him for the socks and appreciate him for all of the other wonderful things he does. (Haven't washed a dish in two years!) Awwwwww yeah! :naughty: Yeah, marriage is a pretty amazing thing and I feel like my ring is a symbol that celebrates the incredible highs and lows we've experienced, enjoyed and endured together. I hope little M soaks up all the love from it when we pass it to her one day.

Rosebloom!!!!!! You, too, understand!!!!!!!!!! Wine!!!!!! Ahhhhh, sounds divine with the evening you have planned. Calgon, take me away!!!!! LOL!!!!!! I love moms. You incredible ladies truly understand. Truly.

Mom2boys, you know... I have been wearing Maya for a while now and she doesn't seem too big anymore! 5 carats??? Ha! I think I'm done! But if Maya grew bigger, I wouldn't put her on a diet or anything! :naughty: You know, it's funny how some people have a mind clean thing... I have a carat mind clean thing. In my head, I thought three carats was "normal" since that's what we looked at when trying on e-rings before we got engaged. 3.5 carats seemed HUGE to me and 4 carats seemed impossibly unwearable. I could not imagine wearing a four carat diamond every day. So whenever I start to think that Maya looks normal, that carat mind clean thing kicks in and I KNOW I am being crazy and that Maya is pretty huge. It's like when I had an F color diamond - if I was in a yellow room and it took on a warmer tint, I knew that it was the room and not my diamond. Now when Maya looks normal sized, I know I'm being nuts and that she is big! Bigger than I ever thought I would be able to pull off and yet here she is looking perfectly at home on my hand! :twirl: So DSS has been squelched for good! At a certain point, I feel like it would stop looking like a young woman's ring and lose the "engagement ring" look!

Dreamer_D! Ahhhh, fellow mama with amazing insight into mommyhood and all things sparkly! Thank you! I totally agree. I hardly ever wear the wrap. I just wanted one big stone all along. It just took me a couple of tries to figure that out!

Alexiszoe, thank you!!!!!!! Thanks to you and Circe for the compliments on the dress! The first dress is Helmut Lang and the second is Black Halo - both are on sale now at Bloomingdale's!!!! They come in a rainbow of colors!!!!! The Black Halo is also available on their website for up to 40% off! I love me some great deals!!!!!!! :love: :appl: :love: My trick is to buy the Black Halo dresses a season later because it's the same classic Jackie O dress just in different colors. Great bargains! PSers sure love deals!

Enerchi!!!! I will have to work on a video!!!!! You should make a video of your amazing bling!!!! That's like a tidal wave of bling, baby!

Ohhhh, part three of thanks to come soon! Sorry I keep running out of time! Your kindness and well wishes has been so overwhelming! Thank you!!!! :love:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Just coming back for another look! :love:

This ring is just perfection on you. I love reading your posts and eyeing your amazing jewelry collection. I wish we were real life friends so I could see all these beautiful pieces in person! I have 2 quick questions for you - I have been eyeing your tennis bracelet and am curious if its an every day piece for you or just on special occasions? Do you recommend having one as part of a staple jewelry collection?

Also, can you share the story of how your DH proposed again when he gave you this ring?

So happy for you!!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Just came back to visit, Im in awwwww! What a ROCK! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are too sweet, Bliss! I guess we just have good classic taste, and I think that will serve us well since these kinds of jewelry pieces will never be out of style! I love seeing your collection picture! I strive to have one like it but in miniature! :bigsmile: :appl:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss!!! If you decided to convert your wrap to earrings, I would be very interested in the wrap setting!!! (fellow U113'er) I'd have to call Yekutiel if you did decide to pass it along to see if it would work (my stone does NOT compare to Maya) but I'm throwing dibs out there!!! :Up_to_something:

:wavey: :naughty:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1360102735|3373055 said:
Bliss!!! If you decided to convert your wrap to earrings, I would be very interested in the wrap setting!!! (fellow U113'er) I'd have to call Yekutiel if you did decide to pass it along to see if it would work (my stone does NOT compare to Maya) but I'm throwing dibs out there!!! :Up_to_something:

:wavey: :naughty:

Hi Mico!!!!!! I think I'm going to convert my side stones to earrings! I wish I knew how to PM on PS! :cheeky: I've e-mailed Yekutiel asking what a fair price would be - you can e-mail or call him going forward, I guess? Have no idea what he'll say! :wink2: No worries either way, of course! If you're in NY, you should try it on! I can leave it with him. It's a size 5. It really is awesome and when I had my previous stone, I really loved it as a three stone more than a solitaire. But with Maya, I really love her as a solitaire and never wear the enhancer. Funny, right?

Still working on my thank you part three! :wavey: This has been a great adventure!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
HOLY MOTHER OF BLING!! :o :-o

Your upgrade is huge and gorgeous on your tiny hands! I can only imagine how sparkly and fiery it is in real life. And with the enhancer, that's over 6 carats of rockage! How do you get anything done?? :cheeky:

Congrats, and enjoy your new beauty! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Diamondcrush said:
Gorgeous ring! Get those prongs fixed to tiny small claws. They are taking away from the diamond.
That's kinda rude. Did I miss a post where bliss complained about her diamond not being center stage?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is perfect. the prongs are perfect the way they are. They are going to be imperceptible when that Bliss blinds the masses with that iceBERG of a diamond! :love: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't think that prongs could take anything away from a four carat diamond!

The ring is just as it was meant to be made and it's perfect!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1361044409|3381829 said:
Didn't think that prongs could take anything away from a four carat diamond!

The ring is just as it was meant to be made and it's perfect!

Yes, and not to mention, the prongs are very close to the original Tiffany, which is exactly how I want them to be! Mine are so tiny in person that you can hardly see them anyway!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Though this has been stated, I personally stay away from claw prongs due to issues I've read about where they will catch on things and other issues. They are beautiful, however not for me.

Bliss, I love your set as is :)

nycgirl123

Rough_Rock
wow your ring looks BEYOND amazing, thanks for sharing!!! =)
i was wondering...how do you transform your ring? seems super cool and i would love to do that!! thank you!!!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
I've seen this thread before and loved seeing it pop back up! Such a gorgeous stone, and such an amazing presence on your finger. I totally agree that the solitaire is how it shines brightest. I honestly think the three stones just don't fit your tiny finger and the new stone looks much larger when it's the star of the show. I like it best with the plain platinum band for sure...she is totally in a league of her own and the star of the show!

inram_1111

Rough_Rock
Beyond stunning! Can you tell me which wedding ring you have on here? I am looking at getting the Vatche U113 through IDJ at the moment and want a matching wedding band that isn't too knife edge / sharp if that makes sense?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BAM!!!
What a rock. Gorgeous!!! I like all the looks. The 3 stone look is also really pretty on your hands :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was late to this party. That is a giant icy poker chip. Solitaire all the way. Wow!! Love it! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alisonia333|1368639382|3447458 said:
I've seen this thread before and loved seeing it pop back up! Such a gorgeous stone, and such an amazing presence on your finger. I totally agree that the solitaire is how it shines brightest. I honestly think the three stones just don't fit your tiny finger and the new stone looks much larger when it's the star of the show. I like it best with the plain platinum band for sure...she is totally in a league of her own and the star of the show!

The best thing to do is to go to Tiffany and try on their bands once you get the ring. Many rings will go with it. I chose the 2mm Tiffany Legacy band to wear with mine.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there, Bliss! I just found this thread. Talk about being late to the party...I walked in several days after the last guest left! I'm glad someone took photos of it!

I found this thread via the article about your ring, SB's ring, and missy's ring...the one about vintage cuts over 4 carats. It had a link to this thread. Otherwise I might never have seen it! Your diamond and the ring in which it is placed is beyond beautiful. To say that I am envious is a gross understatement. On top of that, you have every classic, beautiful piece of jewelry that I have ever wanted in my life! And you even have a healthy, beautiful little girl to inherit it!

As others have said, you are trim and tiny with beautiful hair and although you don't show your face, I am sure it is as gorgeous as the rest of you! I hope you and your family enjoy much health and happiness and live long to play with your jewelry!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a sweet post, Deb, and so very true!

(I just saw that I quoted the wrong post above when I was answering a question about wedding bands to go with this setting! Oh, well!)

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
I am so glad this thread was revived, because I somehow missed it the first time! I really enjoyed all of the pictures of your new ring and the beauties you're collecting for your daughter, Bliss! Very heartwarming! Your upgrade is absolutely phenomenal! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results