shape
carat
color
clarity

2.36ct RB back in layaway

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Do you recall the table and depth of your old stone?

Also, you explained previously that the HCA is not accurate/reliable when using percentages; why then is it even an option???

As always, thanks for the enlightenment!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Headlight: I''m sure HCA IS accurate when using percentages. Rather, it''s the way the PERCENTAGES are calculated and rounded that make the value for the percentage inaccurate.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I will definately ask on Monday. :) wooooooooooo beautiful photos. That 2.36 is STUNNING

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
headlight my old stone was 61% table (I think bordering on 62?) and 56.9% depth with 29.9 crown angle and 41.1 pav angle. Very shallow. Great pendant stone, it would return lots of white light.

as Julie said, the HCA is accurate when it runs with %''s but it''s a rounded number you are feeding in so the numbers are inaccurate not the tool. I tend to tell people to take it with a huge grain of salt. also it is still somewhat helpful because if a stone scores badly wit ha %''s, aka a 3 on the HCA with %''s would tell me that it would be closer to a 5 with angles! so you can still use the %''s to weed out the OBVIOUS horrible performers or know if it scores around 1 or similar then maybe with angles it would be more like a 2 which for some people is still acceptable.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2006 11:25:33 PM
Author: Matatora
I just love this shot!!! http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS
Day%20at%20the%20spa1a.jpg
http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS

ROFLMHO, Mat! Those little smileys CRACKED ME UP!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results