shape
carat
color
clarity

2.36ct RB back in layaway

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I agree.....I, myself, would go with quality over quantity...and for a similar price-point still end up with something very large by most people's standards, but with a better cut, color, etc. -- say a 1.5 ct or so. I just meant that, for what it is, it's priced on par with other stones of the same quality.

Actually, I meant to comment in my last post that my advice would be to go with a smaller stone with better specs that would easier to trade up with....to eventually end up with something in the 2.25 range with a great cut/color/clarity.....but that's just me
1.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
You what would be REALLY helpful?
Do you have photos of your first diamond? If so, it would be GREAT if you could post pics of the original and then the current one that is set in your mounting.
That would be a great visual education for all of us!
Thanks in advance!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great idea.... :)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, do you think I would see a size difference going from a 1.10 - 1.5ish?????

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture I love and think it shows the size differences well.

sizes_overview.jpg

Model''s middle finger is a size 6
Sizes: From left to right: 1.02ct [E/VS1], 1.21ct [G/VVS1], 1.51ct [F/SI1] and 2.01ct. [E/VS1] SuperbCert H&A diamonds

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOW, great PHOTO!!! There is a difference in it

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay i went back and dug out some old pictures of my original stone.

it''s important to note that this stone was very beautiful, but it reflected alot of white light and not so much colored and the symmetry inside was very hodgepodge and it bothered me. the funny thing was that after i got my H&A stone my mom (who knows not a thing about diamonds) said that the new stone looked SO much better than the old one, and she never wanted to say anything to me but she never though the old stone sparkled very much. things like that just underscore how even people who don''t know a diamond from a CZ can notice a well cut stone vs one that is lacking in something.

so anyway here is a collage of the old original stone. it was a large tabled stone, shallow depth.

original ringpix.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and one more. notice that this stone doesn''t look UGLY in the least, it still sparkles and looks lively, it just isn''t as pretty as the ones I have had since then.

another original ring pix.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is my existing J stone...i tried to find one with somewhat similar lighting so you could see a comparison. the symmetry in the stone is more aesthetically pleasing for me.

ring collage 3 0305 for woo.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
another with bright sparkle to kind of compare to the old stone.

honestly woo, not everyone is going to be some super cut person like i am....but having had mediocre or good and now having had almost the absolute best out there, i am such a convert, i would totally go smaller stone and ideal cut because the stone just performs so much better in MORE lighting situations than an okay cut stone.

new rings 5a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and one of my fave pictures, compare this symmetry to my old stone, picture in the second collage bottom right corner. night and day!!!

i catch the most sparkles off my arrow tips, amazingly enough.

ring arrows sparklea.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 12:49:02 PM
Author: Mara
and one of my fave pictures, compare this symmetry to my old stone, picture in the second collage bottom right corner. night and day!!!

i catch the most sparkles off my arrow tips, amazingly enough.

I love the prong tips in this picture.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good job Mara!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Nan, WF did a great job shaving them down from the original blocky ICKY prongs in the first shots, gosh I hated those things!!!!!!

Anyway I know pictures are hard to see small differences and capture the true personality of the stones (as Woo was saying about this particular stone she is considering) but it seems so much easier to take GREAT SHOTS of ideal stones than it was to try to make my old brilliant stone look fabulous.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...beautiful shots Mara
30.gif
...I can totally see the difference in the symmetry. I love to look at my new stone and see it''s awesome arrow pattern lol
Do you still have that first stone or did someone take it on trade???

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Thank you so much for taking the time to do that; I think the comparisons will be beneficial to many!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooooooo Mara, GREAT PHOTOS!! I see exactly what you are saying now. My 1.10ct RB looks alotlike your old stone. Your current one really shows me the difference in them now.

So tell me, if I decide I don''t want this new stone how do I tell this poor guy to refund my layaway deposit again???? He is going to think I am a LOONE but after those photos I see the difference.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo Mara, did you trade up everytime or keep your stones.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we traded it to our original vendor for a discount and then i took the $$ and went to WF...so now i have trade in value with them and i trade each stone in to get a new one! best decision ever!

i guess the best way to describe it is that the old stone was pretty but i always felt like it wasn''t QUITE as good ''as it could be''...kind of like a person being as good as they could be. the new stones from WF are just sooo fabulous, as are any ideal or superideal or H&A precise stones, and i would never go back. i would always get a smaller better cut stone even though i adore size.

woo, maybe you can find a 1.75c or so or a 2c more ideal stone as a medium range instead of the 2.36 and then upgrade again. be sure to go with someone who has a trade in policy too so you aren''t stuck. visually i think you''d be happier.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep....size means nothing if the stone is not well cut.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should get a little bit smaller one from WF, maybe even an ACA
30.gif
, and then use their awesome upgrade policy to work your way up to the size you want!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 8:51:23 PM
Author: indecisive
I think you should get a little bit smaller one from WF, maybe even an ACA
30.gif
, and then use their awesome upgrade policy to work your way up to the size you want!
Great idea. Woo you could great a great stone from their expert selection and work your way up. You want one with a great cut and even if you sacrifice size it will blow away anything you have seen so far.
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Interesting thread. Great (old and new!) photos, Mara!

I thought I would add my 2 cents here. I am a shameless SIZE girl... but like so many others here, I would never sacrifice CUT for size alone. Not even a little bit.

Here''s a photo of my 2.36 (exact same size as the stone you are considering, Woo). It''s a super-ideal cut, H&A AGS-0. It''s not the size that makes it gorgeous... it''s THE CUT.

Day at the spa1a.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo, I see exactly what you are saying. Seeing Lynn''s ideal cut I see a huge difference in the photos from the one I am looking at. Does whiteflash have anytype of purchase program....kinda like a short layaway????

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2006 9:34:53 AM
Author: woobug02
woooo, I see exactly what you are saying. Seeing Lynn''s ideal cut I see a huge difference in the photos from the one I am looking at. Does whiteflash have anytype of purchase program....kinda like a short layaway????
it never hurts to ask.
Give them a call and see. It would be interesting to know.
Good luck Wooooooooo
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should definitely find out Woo...don''t settle for mediocrity when you''re considering a purchase this substantial!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

definitely call and ask them. I have heard they do offer some short term plans but don''t know the details at all. It''d be worth it to find out..

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Woobug- Even if Whiteflash does not have a payment plan you could always put money aside in a savings account. When you have a sum that you are satisfied with you can start looking for that perfect stone, that way you can collect interest on the amount and have more time to look for a stone that really makes your heart sing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2006 1:16:49 PM
Author: mrssalvo

definitely call and ask them. I have heard they do offer some short term plans but don''t know the details at all. It''d be worth it to find out..
i need a very LONG..... term plan
20.gif
for that 7ct ACA
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results