shape
carat
color
clarity

1.5 carat RB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondpupil

Rough_Rock
I''ve been a lurker on this site since I started searching for stones and settings for my girlfriend. I''ve been paying attention to the "show me the ring" posts and its confused me a bit. I know I''m looking for a 1.5 RB and I know her ring size is 5.5. Ive come across many posts where some diamonds in larger carat size appear smaller then I wouldve thought on ring sizes that are .5 or 1 larger then my girlfriend''s. I wouldve assumed larger carats on a half or one whole size bigger would look almost the same in proportion to 1.5 on a 5.5 finger. Its making me second guess what size diamond I should be searching for. If its not too much of an inconvenience I''d like to ask members who have around a 1.5 RB and 5.5 ring size to post pictures for my reference, as well as how you feel about your diamond size. I''d really appreciate any feedback. Just for reference.. I''m thinking of going with a simple 6 prong solitaire setting. I want the engagement to be a surprise, otherwise I''d take her ring shopping and just try on a 1.5RB
2.gif
Thanks for your time.

diamondpupil

Rough_Rock
Thank You Skippy! That thread was a wealth of information.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
1.54 on 7.25 finger

1.58 on size 5 finger

1.56 on 4.25 finger

1.5 on 4.5 finger

1.55 center on 4.5 finger

1.69 on size 4

1.7 0n 4.75

1.72 on 6.25 finger

diamondpupil

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for being so helpful! I''ve come to realize that 5.5 fingers vary in appearance, greatly.
3.gif
My girlfriend has small proportioned hands- short fingers and narrow palms, so I''m almost 100% confident that a 1.5 or slightly larger will look fantastic on her. I''m beginning to question whether 5.5 is a good ring size for her or if she may be closer to a 5. I suppose I''ll have to figure that out in the least obvious way possible. But thats neither here nor there. Thank you again!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
My ER is exactly 1.50 ct, finger size 5.5 ( a bit loose) and it's relatively short fingers...
5.gif

I think it's perfect for my finger size for now, but I wouldn't mind to upgrade it again to 2 ct
3.gif

engager.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, to start, GrapeGravity? Your manicure is fantabulous.

Getting back on topic .... DiamondPupil, I''m .04 under your size at 1.46, but I am indeed a 5.5. A carat and a half feels like a fantastic size for my age and lifestyle.

1.5 on 5.5.jpg

gicki55

Rough_Rock
Mine is a 1.45ct and my ring size is 6.25

ringy2 (2).jpg

I Love Carats

Rough_Rock
For a second I thought you were my BF because you described my finger and what I want! Personally, I would love a 1.5 RB and found that the thinner the band, the bigger the stone usually looks. Another idea I''ll throw out there (and see if my fellow PSers agree) is that-for some reason- to me a 1.65 seems tremendously larger than a 1.5. Even though it is just .15 larger, it seems to make quite a difference in size. Hope this helps- and I''m jealous!! :)

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 2:18:54 PM
Author: Circe
Okay, to start, GrapeGravity? Your manicure is fantabulous.

Thank you Circe!
9.gif
I should start taking pics of my mani since the design changes every 3 weeks...

diamondpupil

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 8:07:49 PM
Author: I Love Carats
For a second I thought you were my BF because you described my finger and what I want! Personally, I would love a 1.5 RB and found that the thinner the band, the bigger the stone usually looks. Another idea I''ll throw out there (and see if my fellow PSers agree) is that-for some reason- to me a 1.65 seems tremendously larger than a 1.5. Even though it is just .15 larger, it seems to make quite a difference in size. Hope this helps- and I''m jealous!! :)

Sorry I Love Carats, I didnt mean to get your hopes up! I dont think my gf knows about pricescope - unless shes secretly posting as well. Anyway, thanks for your input. I agree, the 1.6 and larger stones do seem significantly larger then 1.5s and I feel thats what drove me to post this thread. I''m going to digest everything and decide what would better suit my girlfriend. I also do not want something so big that it looks gaudy - something that she wont be able to wear on a daily basis. She enjoys nice things but shes not big on anything that draws too much attention to her. I feel that the ring should be special enough that she''ll want to show it off, but nothing that our friends/family/acquaintances would comment on being "huge" or make any suggestions as far as overspending or spoiling her. I just want it to look proportioned on her finger. That being said - I might ask around and see who I can trust with a 5.5 finger and bring said female to try on a 1.5carat RB. We''ll see how it goes. Thank you again everyone! This is a great site.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.5 cts. is a terrific size! It is larger than the average stone for sure, but it is large enough that most women would be content to keep it for a lifetime without upgrading. (Just continue to shower her with diamond earrings, bracelets, etc.
2.gif
)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 5:21:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
1.5 cts. is a terrific size! It is larger than the average stone for sure, but it is large enough that most women would be content to keep it for a lifetime without upgrading. (Just continue to shower her with diamond earrings, bracelets, etc.
2.gif
)

Ditto!

Grapegravity and Circe--your rings are beautiful!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you diamondseeker on the 1.5 that it''s a keeper for that size. But I disagree with I love carats on the 1.65 being tremendously bigger than a 1.5, I have put my 1.52 against a 1.75 and couldn''t see the difference, now a 2.36 oh Yeah. Good luck diamond pupil on whatever you give to your girlfriend, I am quite sure she will absolutely love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results