shape
carat
color
clarity

I still can''t believe it, I''m engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

November

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my story...

We’ve been doing a lot of research on diamond, and he told me he bought the ring last month. Yet he insisted that I wait till we go to Disney World this January. Needless to say, I fantasized about the event in every possible scenario, mostly magic-related moments like the wishing well, Cinderella castle, or under the fireworks. Browsing through this website and seeing everyone’s beautiful diamonds really does not help ease my anxiety.

We went to Tavern on the Green, and dinner was a lot better than expected; we felt like we were traveling outside of the city because of the restaurant’s tranquility and the European tourists. There was also staff taking photo of us, to remember the day! After dinner, he led me to the garden, now a hundred times more beautiful because of the sparkly lanterns and lighting. He started trembling, so I told him to put on his jacket. He started saying silly things as we walked around the garden like: I love you…so I laughed and said I love you too. He asked me if I thought this is such a romantic place. I laughed again and told him: You silly, don’t tell me you are going to propose! As soon as I said it, I got nervous. Even more so when he said: What if I am? OMG, I was scared, I couldn’t believe it is happening. He kneeled down and pulled out a nice little box. He was saying something that I did not seem to hear any more, and then he opened the box…..
OMG, it was empty!!!! I thought I was confused and scared, but his face was white like a sheet. Where did it go? So lucky the moment was transient as I quickly put two and two together and found the ring fell in my bloomies shopping bag, where he put his jacket. Phew! Now, our moment starts.

I was a little scared because this is a huge decision, but I have known all along that this is the man I want to be with. Many nights I woke up from the work-related nightmares and thanked God he is here next to me. With him beside, I am no longer alone, no longer fighting on my own. Being in the city by myself and working in a stressful industry, I need someone who can understand my work, who can accompany me in my quest, and who can help me when I fall. He has proved all that. I have found for myself a wonderful, intelligent yet so humble man, and that is more beautiful, more sparkling than the diamond on my finger right now.

HA arrows.jpg

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
WOW!
3.gif
Check out those beautiful arrows--- congrats on your engagement and that awesome bling
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Any more photos or information on the stone?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Empty box---heart attack city!!! Glad you found that stunner, and congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yowza, that is a gorgeous stone. Congrats on your engagement, Tavern on The Green is a magical spot for a proposal!!
30.gif
36.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Sweet story and beautiful diamond!!!
30.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhhh.... I got 2 cavities just reading your post!

How absolutely incredible that the box fell out of the jacket, opened up, the ring fell out, the box snapped shut again and you were presented with that. The moral of the story is: Always go shopping at Bloomingdale''s before dinner at Tavern on the Green.

What a beautiful ring.
18.gif

"I''ve never been a millionaire but I just know I''d be darling at it."

-- Dorothy Parker

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow gorgeous! Congrats!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I would love to see more pictures! Congratulations on your engagement!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations.

You have a Great attitude.

And great big bling!

November

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I''ll ask him for the specs tonight, and post some more pix tomorrow

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well he did a great job on the ring! The opening of the empty box will be a story to laugh about with your grandkids someday! Please do post more picture of your beautiful ring!

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
Congrats on the engagement! You diamond is loverly! Can''t wait to see more pics:)

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a kick a** ring. I love the star in the center of the stone.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and classic! Congratulations!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
The ring is beautiful congrats! and the picture is so good, you can see the arrows so clearly

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
Congradulations on the engagement!! The ring is spectacular. Please post hand shots and specs.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is beautiful, and your story is so sweet! Please come back and post more pictures!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE your ring!!! Congrats!
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations ...... and i love your story! that is a hoot about the empty box (but only because the ring was quickly recovered!).

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I was having a bad day until I read that. Wow what a beautiful, fairy tale story. I am so happy for you and your ring beautiful arrow. Congrads!

November

Rough_Rock
35.gif
Thanks guys, i''m posting some more pics for you

i like this.jpg

November

Rough_Rock
..and this is with our cat Mitzy. She was very patient with my pictures taking.

with Mitzy.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! Congrats!

That stone looks HUGE!
36.gif

November

Rough_Rock
hihi, thanks

kool shot.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic with a gorgeous diamond! Love it!!!

November

Rough_Rock
the specs: 1.69ct, G, VS1, ideal cut, EX polish, EX symmetry

HA handshot 03.jpg

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Congratulations! Your diamond is huge and gorgeous!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 1:25:33 PM
Author: November
the specs: 1.69ct, G, VS1, ideal cut, EX polish, EX symmetry
Wow! That looks much larger than a 1.69 ct, you lucky girl!!!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
OMG...1.69?? What size is your finger? It looks like a huge monster (a very beautiful and sparkly monster)! Congrats to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results