shape
carat
color
clarity

Duchess of Sussex

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for them for wanting their privacy. Who the heck wants to be on display like a bug on a pinboard? The public doesn't have a right to know every darn little thing about these people.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I only have one picture of me immediately after at 0100 in the morning and I looked like death warmed over (although i guess i kinda was! ) and peeved AF. I cannot blame her if she didn't/doesn't want to play that game.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But the royal family costs the taxpayer 69 pence each per year and they want their money’s worth! :D
If 90 cents is all they cost per taxpayer, then I would say the public gets their money's worth without knowing everything. In fact, for 90 cents I think we all know too much. :D

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m really tempted to take a pic of me holding my firstborn looking like a truck ran over me and posting it lol, but it’s just an awful pic. I made sure to do my hair and wear make up for my next birth with the twins.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had broken blood vessels all over my face from pushing so hard! Not sure any amount of makeup could have covered it up!! It wasn’t pretty and I couldn’t even imagine having to put on high heels and a dress and smiling in front of millions of people. Good for Meghan for doing what’s right for her and her family!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I had no idea the royals were so affordable to keep around! Quite the bargain to put a family in a Petri dish and project all your hopes, dreams, frustrations, and other emotions onto them.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to spoil the party. I think that the royal house had one woman with the heart, who stood out, who was amazing, despite her obvious (and openly recognized) faults, and it was Diana. The rest are just tabloid covers.
Kate seems to be trying to have an agenda (for mentally ill), although weak. Megan is pretty, wears her clothes well, and her husband is in love with her, so, just another celebrity without an agenda. Maybe things will change when she has a baby.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's great that Meghan refuses to do the dressed-up/heels appearance hours after giving birth. Diana did it, Kate did it, and suddenly it seemed like a requirement.

Good for Meghan for refusing to play that game.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Kate has a greater responsibility than Meghan anyway. She is the future queen and the mother of a future king. I think it is nice (and amazing) that she has done the new baby photos leaving the hospital like Diana did. Harry and Meghan have much less responsibility, and like most other royals, they don't have to be in the spotlight all the time. The baby will be seen soon enough, I am sure.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Meghan and Harry's engagement photos were pretty glossy and professional. What's the bet their first baby photos might have a similar flavor to it.

The royals might get treated like celebrities to feed tabloid appetite but they're not. I think Kate has done a great job of learning the ropes and taking her time to work out what areas she wanted to focus on, on a long term basis. Mental health, the Arts, sport, with an emphasis on working with children seems like a great fit for her.

Meghan's more full steam ahead approach "I'm going to hit the ground running" contrasts strongly with Kate's more measured approach. She might find she has more to learn than she first thought, There's more to being a royal than having a good work ethic. She seems to have a strong interest in cooking and I really liked the cooking initiatives she did with the Grenfell survivors.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she is one of those “I’ll sleep when I’m dead”people. My husband is one. You have to let them do what they do. They don’t function well on a more relaxed schedule.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, but she's in for a totally new experience becoming a mother at age 37. I realize she'll have all the help she wants, but still, she may find her priorities changing just a bit.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
887AC7FA-36C2-4204-B95F-DAC2E3EB9BCF.jpeg

They mention baby Sussex today. So either the baby has been born or it’s very close to birth.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is a twitter account called torontopaper1 that is so flipping creepy AF about Meghan, that I reported it to Twitter (likely won’t do any good) and would be reason alone for me to not stand on any steps with my baby.

And that is only one creepy, degranged psychopath. I’ll bet this is all for safety reasons.

Geez just googled that account to see as I'm not on twitter. Very creepy and menacing, all very veiled as well. You wonder whether the police look at people like that, I hope so :eek2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guesses for names:

Girl: Alice Elizabeth Mary Diana (or maybe Frances in there somewhere)

Boy: Phillip Charles Henry Louis

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that disgusting things are said in disgusting places, but it bothers me to have the level of discourse here on Pricescope lowered by the posting of comments as vile as the ones that were highlighted and linked. I believe in free speech, but somehow it seems that shining a spotlight on a racist's rants is the wrong thing to do here. The twitter comments made about the Duchess of Sussex were not worth repeating.

AGBF

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is she someone famous?

How sad that she’d take her unhappiness out on a precious baby.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that disgusting things are said in disgusting places, but it bothers me to have the level of discourse here on Pricescope lowered by the posting of comments as vile as the ones that were highlighted and linked. I believe in free speech, but somehow it seems that shining a spotlight on a racist's rants is the wrong thing to do here. The twitter comments made about the Duchess of Sussex were not worth repeating.

AGBF
Oops, I’m distracted and wanted to post to you to flag for mod removal, as your point is taken, but I accidentally flagged your post and wrote this message to the mod. o_O

Would you flag it? Thanks.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

On a purely philosophical note, one could argue that shining a spotlight on a racist`s rants is important everywhere. The world is not served by us all politely pretending that these vile things do not exist and allowing them to continue unchallenged as a result. Perhaps it`s better to drag them into the light of day and for us all to take responsibility for confronting it whenever it is encountered. Otherwise it starts to be perceived as more and more normative (as evidenced by how the US media has handled Trump throughout the election and since - turning a polite blind eye and not calling out the racist rants until it was far too late). Sadly, I think this was only one of many examples of what gets directed at Meagan these days, and my impression was that the tweets were posted as a way of highlighting why she might not want to do what is expected of her by tradition (I wouldn`t either with this kind of thing out there).

But your point is taken that it`s probably best to link with warnings about the content so that those who prefer not to be exposed to it can avoid it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read that they might choose an African name for the baby. I can imagine the comments if that happens.

How exciting! @Austina

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a purely philosophical note, one could argue that shining a spotlight on a racist`s rants is important everywhere. The world is not served by us all politely pretending that these vile things do not exist and allowing them to continue unchallenged as a result. Perhaps it`s better to drag them into the light of day and for us all to take responsibility for confronting it whenever it is encountered. Otherwise it starts to be perceived as more and more normative (as evidenced by how the US media has handled Trump throughout the election and since - turning a polite blind eye and not calling out the racist rants until it was far too late). Sadly, I think this was only one of many examples of what gets directed at Meagan these days, and my impression was that the tweets were posted as a way of highlighting why she might not want to do what is expected of her by tradition (I wouldn`t either with this kind of thing out there).

But your point is taken that it`s probably best to link with warnings about the content so that those who prefer not to be exposed to it can avoid it.

I understand your point. It is not necessary to allow unfiltered filth everywhere, however, in order to call attention to the fact there is racism.

On a more pragmatic point: this site is privately owned and Andrey sets the the rules. Actually anything we suggest that the mods delete is only that, our suggestion. We are merely guests here. :))

Deb :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results