shape
carat
color
clarity

Duchess of Sussex

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I’m probably the only one who feels this way, but I really do not care for Meghan. Something about her just reads fake and social climbing to me. Everything she does seems very choreographed. I read a lot of celebrity gossip, probably too much, but from all that I’ve read about her she always seems to be plotting her next move upward. The thing that really stuck out to me was that she only had one family member at her wedding. I understand that her father has been a complete media whore and a terrible person, but you don’t have a cousin, an aunt, anyone from your family to invite? Instead her side was filled with celebrities she barely knew who wouldn’t have given her the time of day before she attached herself to Harry, like the Clooneys. Most of the US celebrity blogs like my favorite, Celebitchy, just fawn over everything she does, so I might be the only one who dislikes her, but something about her just reads fake and manipulative to me.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m probably the only one who feels this way, but I really do not care for Meghan. Something about her just reads fake and social climbing to me. Everything she does seems very choreographed. I read a lot of celebrity gossip, probably too much, but from all that I’ve read about her she always seems to be plotting her next move upward. The thing that really stuck out to me was that she only had one family member at her wedding. I understand that her father has been a complete media whore and a terrible person, but you don’t have a cousin, an aunt, anyone from your family to invite? Instead her side was filled with celebrities she barely knew who wouldn’t have given her the time of day before she attached herself to Harry, like the Clooneys. Most of the US celebrity blogs like my favorite, Celebitchy, just fawn over everything she does, so I might be the only one who dislikes her, but something about her just reads fake and manipulative to me.

I read no celebrity gossip columns and know nothing about anyone currently famous. I had to look up "Riverdale" when it was mentioned in this thread because I had never heard of it. I have no idea what Meghan is like. I was really pleased to see her mother at her wedding, though. I am not sure if it was simply because she was a woman of color. She appeared to have a quiet dignity. Seeing a woman of color as the mother of a royal bride acting with so much grace greatly pleased me. It is probably very backwards of me to care about royalty, but it is one of the remaining atavistic legacies of my childhood. I should know better, but I don't. :))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I totally agree I think we are making the same point, magazines, the media and social media put unrealistic expectations of how women are "supposed" to magically look after birth....

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m surprised you think you’re alone in that if you read a lot of celeb media. She’s so hated by so many people. It’s really sad.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Some people don’t have health pay families or large ones. If DH and I were to marry tomorrow, I’d have maybe 5 family members there and he would only have his SIL and her 2 babies.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I'm not a big fan, I did want to comment on the wedding thing.

When DH and I got married none of my family attended, only a few friends. This is because I moved out at 16 to get away from my horrible step-mother and the remaining family wrote me off. Yes all the rest, all the aunts and uncles and cousins. Leaving me with no family at my wedding (mom passed away when I was young).

So it's possible that Meghan's biological family is much the same or maybe it's her, we will never really know.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When DH and I got married none of my family attended, only a few friends. This is because I moved out at 16 to get away from my horrible step-mother and the remaining family wrote me off. Yes all the rest, all the aunts and uncles and cousins. Leaving me with no family at my wedding (mom passed away when I was young).

I am so sorry that you first lost your mother and then the rest of your family, StephanieLynn. It must have been absolutely unbearable for you, especially when you were young.

Hugs,
Deb

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry that you first lost your mother and then the rest of your family, StephanieLynn. It must have been absolutely unbearable for you, especially when you were young.

Hugs,
Deb

Thanks Deb, I just wanted to share my experience to point out that sometimes it's not the individual's choice to not have family included.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Deb, I just wanted to share my experience to point out that sometimes it's not the individual's choice to not have family included.

I understood your intent, StephanieLynn, but in my opinion what you were sharing was far more important than whether someone we actually do not know (the Duchess of Sussex) is likeable. You have been through some terrible experiences and I was hearing about them for the first time. Feeling unprotected in early childhood is grim.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any bad opinion of Meghan or Harry. I'm willing to just sit back and see what happens in the next 10-20 years. Harry was a bit of a bad boy when he was younger, but he comes from a position of wealth and great privilege. Yet he has also given so much of himself too, as all the royals do. I wish them luck. I hope they are well suited for the long run.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium

i mean if you think meghan is a social climber, wait til you hear about everything that kate did in order to marry william lol. i read a lot of celeb/royals gossip and history too and basically what i've come to realize is that nobody really marries into the royal family with good intentions. i know i certainly would hate to marry into a family with so many protocols and obligations and social scrutiny.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Meghan has had it pretty rough in the media (although i do not understand that exstravagant baby shower but we all have to learn from our mistakes)
in my opinion a very visual part of the media isn't very good at impartially giving us the actual truth
i see so many untruths in reports about the royal family - they often can't even get basic relationships right like who is a brother or an aunt or whatever - that info is so eaiserly accesed there is no excuse for getting say the Queen's father and her grandfather mixed up - yet i see basic erros time and time again
also often i see the Queen refereed to as HRH and not HM
its lazy journalism and disrespectful

Most of the stories are pure click bate. sensational headlines, recycled old news and down right lies
ive read quite a lot of serouse biographies and history on the royal family and basic errors in the media do my head in !
it makes me mistrust the media because in the royal family's case i usually know what's not right but what about on subjects i know very little ?? how can i now trust the media ?

As for all those stupid sugary articles about the Queen being sweet or someone honoring someone because they wore a particular colour is just sickening and often overshadows a good cause and/or the reasom for the reported royal occasion in the first place (no offence to Harry and Meghan but its not all about them)
the Queen's job is not to be a sweet little old lady. she is the head of state commander in cheif of 16 independent realms and also head of the commonwealth family of nations
she has always gone about that with the upmost seriousness
also there is only ever one sovereign
the Queen is the star
everyone else supports the Queen
The royal family is not Hollywood

I think Prince Charles should find out where if anywhere these leaks for some of these stories come from and sue for breach of confidentiality because that must be in a factor in Palace employment contracts ...or maybe just lock the flappy jawed ones up in the tower

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i mean if you think meghan is a social climber, wait til you hear about everything that kate did in order to marry william lol. i read a lot of celeb/royals gossip and history too and basically what i've come to realize is that nobody really marries into the royal family with good intentions. i know i certainly would hate to marry into a family with so many protocols and obligations and social scrutiny.
You have to want status to do it. Kate wanted to be the mum of the future monarch.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to want status to do it. Kate wanted to be the mum of the future monarch.

I think this must be true. You don't marry into a royal family on accident. Or a rich/powerful family either most of the time. Not that there are zero good intentions but I think you have to be an ambitious social climber. Wasn't Jackie Kennedy also viewed thay way? And Princess Diana? Conversely, does anyone think William or Harry would have married someone who wasn't extremely attractive and photogenic? There's some transactional element to a lot of relationships, i think more so when money and status are involved.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this must be true. You don't marry into a royal family on accident. Or a rich/powerful family either most of the time. Not that there are zero good intentions but I think you have to be an ambitious social climber. Wasn't Jackie Kennedy also viewed thay way? And Princess Diana? Conversely, does anyone think William or Harry would have married someone who wasn't extremely attractive and photogenic? There's some transactional element to a lot of relationships, i think more so when money and status are involved.
Diana was still sweet and innocent even if she had some insite into royal life
Jackie Kennedy i think knew exactly what ahe was doing - although just like Di, i don't think she expected the infidelities
and now in hindsight Charles did actually love Camila (not that that makes it right)
its just tragic that Diana didn't get to live and find happiness and get to be a grandma
her grandkids really are missing out just like anyone who is born after their grandparents have died
when i was 11 i got to hold Princess Di's hand as i gave her a flower
i think if only i could wrap that one fleeting memory of her beautiful skin and the way she just radiated goodness up in a box and give it to Princess Charlotte i would in a heart beat

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diana was still sweet and innocent even if she had some insite into royal life
Jackie Kennedy i think knew exactly what ahe was doing - although just like Di, i don't think she expected the infidelities
and now in hindsight Charles did actually love Camila (not that that makes it right)
its just tragic that Diana didn't get to live and find happiness and get to be a grandma
her grandkids really are missing out just like anyone who is born after their grandparents have died
when i was 11 i got to hold Princess Di's hand as i gave her a flower
i think if only i could wrap that one fleeting memory of her beautiful skin and the way she just radiated goodness up in a box and give it to Princess Charlotte i would in a heart beat

I often think the very same thing, it's such a shame that Diana misses seeing her own grandchildren, Harry and William tell tales of the fun they used to get up to with her when they were young, so I'm sure she would have been an amazing grandparent and add another layer to all their lives.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I often think the very same thing, it's such a shame that Diana misses seeing her own grandchildren, Harry and William tell tales of the fun they used to get up to with her when they were young, so I'm sure she would have been an amazing grandparent and add another layer to all their lives.
i only hope this generation all live happily ever after like their grandparents

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sort of about Meghan, but not really. She has a super-fan. Yikes.

Woman Undergoes 8 Surgeries to Look Like Meghan Markle

Tanya Ricardo was so obsessed with Meghan Markle, she went under the knife to look more like her.

She underwent eight procedures to achieve Meghan's curves and distinctive facial structure: cheek countering and filler, liposuction under her chin, breast implants, liposuction on her tummy, hips and lower back, and a Brazilian butt lift.

"She's graceful, a very, very graceful woman," Ricardo told Inside Edition of Meghan. "... I want what she has that I don't."

She added: "They say I'm very crazy for doing this, but I don't care."

So did it work? Inside Edition joined Ricardo as she showed off her new look to friends and family three weeks after the six-hour surgery.

At Houston's chic restaurant Bisou, she struck a pose in a shimmery dress. Her dad was speechless; her boyfriend, Michael Duncan, was blown away.

"I think she's prettier than Meghan," said Dr. Franklin Rose, who performed the procedures on Ricardo.

"I'm so happy with my Meghan look," Ricardo declared.

Video in link.

https://www.insideedition.com/did-womans-surgery-look-meghan-markle-work-52812

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think she looks like meghan at all, in fact she reminds of a different celebrity but I can't place her. I think Meghan is legit gorgeous, but damn, what a waste of money.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
It's kind of ironic, because Meghan probably spent a small fortune to look like this girl did pre-surgery...a pretty suburban "Cali beach girl".

Life is weird.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there any new photos of Baby Archie?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I think the photo call at Windsor Castle might be it for a while. Best way to get the press off their backs until they’re ready to share any more photos. Probably be Christening photos in a couple of months.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one who wanted to see baby Archie’s hair? I’m really hoping for little ginger curls :kiss2:

Meghan and Harry are getting a hard time in the UK press because they posted one of her friends very expensive wellness retreats on their Instagram page. They were highlighting some groups for mental health month.

434F3912-1EC3-45FE-9D5C-1BA56C116BC2.jpeg
6C7C3F4B-DBFF-4778-A349-08AF43E59C67.jpeg

61795725-6657-4267-A6F8-1DE57AD9EAD4.jpeg

75DDC17C-9410-4F19-AFE3-9F460FD258B1.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her friend does have free community classes. I had to dig on the website, but I found it. Other than that, IDK

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s good to know. Meghan does take a beating on the Daily Mail website. I don’t like it.
all the negative publicity does seem very unfair and it must upset them both
i don't understand it - she was the mediav darling when she toured here and then bang she's this hated woman
the pregnancy announcement was unfortunate timing for Princess Eugenie and Jack but if they hadn't said anything the speculation on tour might have overwhelmed the tour
i think she should take a leaf out of Camila's book and just head down, bum up.and do the work and the people will take notice of her good work

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results