shape
carat
color
clarity

Duchess of Sussex

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truvy: Clairee, you know I’d rather walk on my lips than criticize anybody...but...Janice Van Meter…

Clairee: I know...

Truvy: I bet you money she’s paid $500 for that dress and doesn’t even bother to wear a girdle.

Clairee: It’s like two pigs fighting under a blanket.

Truvy: Well, I haven’t left the house without lycra on these thighs since I was 14.

Clairee: You were brought up right.

BEST SOUTHERN GAL MOVIE EVER!!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truvy: Clairee, you know I’d rather walk on my lips than criticize anybody...but...Janice Van Meter…

Truvy: I bet you money she’s paid $500 for that dress and doesn’t even bother to wear a girdle.

Truvy: Well, I haven’t left the house without lycra on these thighs since I was 14.

Well, if you like that (so do I!) you must read the following if you've not already. Better yet, you and a girlfriend should read passages to each other while you're trying to have lunch. Though we were both going to die. Like inhaling our food from laughing so hard.

The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love: A Fallen Southern Belle's Look at Love, Life, Men, Marriage, and Being Prepared
https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Potato-Queens-Book-Love/dp/0609804138

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd wear a pair of pantyhose made into a hanging planter before I'd wear a girdle or bullet bra. Some trends should stay dead.

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 4.12.25 PM.png

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if you like that (so do I!) you must read the following if you've not already. Better yet, you and a girlfriend should read passages to each other while you're trying to have lunch. Though we were both going to die. Like inhaling our food from laughing so hard.

The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love: A Fallen Southern Belle's Look at Love, Life, Men, Marriage, and Being Prepared
https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Potato-Queens-Book-Love/dp/0609804138

Just ordered it. Thanks for the rec!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Look at the lovely shimmery sheen on these gorgeous gams!
kate_middleton_a_p.jpg

I suppose all you "natural legs are better" ladies also prefer unstyled hair, no makeup and unadorned wrists, ears, and fingers as well? Meh! Boring!

edited to add: Love her dress too!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is something about bare feet in heels/dressy shoes that makes me :sick:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is something about bare feet in heels/dressy shoes that makes me :sick:

I actually can't wear heeled pumps without stockings. I get painful blisters. One would think after 50+ years of blisters that turned to callouses that a foot would be well roughed and hardened...but no, I somehow have the most delicate calloused feet!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

One of my favorites. Olympia Dukakis is hilarious.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way I will ever wear pantyhose again in my life! It’s been at least 20 years since I owned a pair. Bare legs in warm weather, pants in cold.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, confused Brit here- what’s the difference between pantyhose and tights? Aren’t they the same thing?

In the US tights are a bit heavier. I believe because the word was originally used for the colorful tights that little girls wore that are modeled after what ballerinas wear and those are heavy, whereas women's hose were traditionally silk and sheer.

Deb

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just ordered it. Thanks for the rec!

You're welcome! And I'll tell you in advance that my favorite chapters are "Men Who May Need Killing, Quite Frankly", and "The Five Men You Must Have in Your Life at All Times". ;))

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, confused Brit here- what’s the difference between pantyhose and tights? Aren’t they the same thing?

The difference is in thickness and color, as Deb described, but they don't feel any different to wear (in my opinion.) I'm wearing black Wolford 40 denier tights right now, and they feel the same as my 20 denier pantyhose. Which is to say they feel great! (Did I mention I'm here to defend pantyhose? :lol:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the US tights are a bit heavier. I believe because the word was originally used for the colorful tights that little girls wore that are modeled after what ballerinas wear and those are heavy, whereas women's hose were traditionally silk and sheer.

Deb

I wear leggings as tights in the cooler weather. They are heavier and more comfortable IMO. And perfect when paired with boots while wearing shorter winter dresses. And yes to bare legs in warmer weather. No question about it that's the most comfortable option (for me).

I suppose all you "natural legs are better" ladies also prefer unstyled hair, no makeup and unadorned wrists, ears, and fingers as well? Meh! Boring!

Yup guilty as charged.
I prefer being bare faced, bare legged and even bare wristed (I draw the line at ears and my ring finger however :P2) especially when just being casual at home or out. For fancier occasions yes I will apply some makeup and a bit more bling. But if preferring my "natural" bare self is boring I accept that and am good with it.:kiss:

liveunderabridge.gif

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy

Much like the girls in Steel Magnolias, I wear makeup even sitting around at home. I would probably rather die than make a grocery run barefaced. Lol, I was raised in the ways of all good, vain Southern women! Kind of weird but I can't put on my jewelry until my makeup is done and hair is fixed. It's like my jewels deserve to look back at me put together!

Ok, I can't believe I just admitted that! :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy

Much like the girls in Steel Magnolias, I wear makeup even sitting around at home. I would probably rather die than make a grocery run barefaced. Lol, I was raised in the ways of all good, vain Southern women! Kind of weird but I can't put on my jewelry until my makeup is done and hair is fixed. It's like my jewels deserve to look back at me put together!

Ok, I can't believe I just admitted that! :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

LOL I think that is A OK! I am just the opposite but I do not judge as I hate being judged. I always say do whatever you please as long as it doesn't affect me negatively in any way.:P2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The difference is in thickness and color, as Deb described, but they don't feel any different to wear (in my opinion.) I'm wearing black Wolford 40 denier tights right now, and they feel the same as my 20 denier pantyhose. Which is to say they feel great! (Did I mention I'm here to defend pantyhose? :lol:)

Wolford is my go to brand. :))

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wolford is my go to brand. :))

I’m another Wolford fan, or Falke. I love their wool and opaque tights (their 40 denier compression tights are life-savers if I know I’ll be on my feet all day. Although it’s almost a cardio work-out to get them on!). I wouldn’t wear sheer tights though, and definitely don’t miss the endless snagging/ripping them!

Meghan’s definitely being given a hard time, but the papers (daily mail in particular) feel the need to endlessly write rubbish about someone. The commentary when Kate and William got engaged was incredibly dismissive of her, her family and their ‘class’ (ridiculous that such a thing is considered remotely relevant in the 21st century). Swings and roundabouts, sadly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all remember clear nail polish to stop the runners?!!? I felt like I won the lottery if I got more than 2 wears out of a pair of hose!
:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Hahaha do I and LOL I remember on occasion having to use red nail polish when I didn't have clear on hand.:P2

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got married on what had to be the hottest, most humid day of that year. My mom gasped when she found out I didn't have on hose. :eek2::eek2::eek2:

It was my dirty little secret! :twisted2::P2:lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got married on what had to be the hottest, most humid day of that year. My mom gasped when she found out I didn't have on hose. :eek2::eek2::eek2:

It was my dirty little secret! :twisted2::P2:lol-2:

Hahaha @ceg, no worries...:lol: it's safe with us. And just to show my trust I will share my dirty little secret. On our wedding day I wore flats and no lipstick.:eek2: But I did wear lip gloss and my dress basically covered my shoes so you really couldn't see I was wearing flats.:P2

ETA and no surprise here but also no pantyhose and we got married on a very cold snowy day. :devil:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always thought pantyhose were sheer/seethru skintone and tights are colored and or textured? I have no idea. I don't own any of either bec I never dress up.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone remember fishnets? They were popular when I was in high school (definitely aging myself here!). They were so uncomfortable to sit in. They would cut through the skin on your knees, like razor wire. Geez the torture devices we’ve endured over the years in the name of “fashion.”

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone remember fishnets? They were popular when I was in high school (definitely aging myself here!). They were so uncomfortable to sit in. They would cut through the skin on your knees, like razor wire. Geez the torture devices we’ve endured over the years in the name of “fashion.”
Yes, I remember thinking they were very glam. :lol: They’re still around, sadly, saw a youngish girl wearing them last weekend (she was dressed a bit like a ninja otherwise so they might not be exactly mainstream!)

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like tights/pantyhose :mrgreen2:
I wear 80 denier opaque tights in the winter. We need it, it's cold.
I sometimes wear nude 15-20 denier tights in the summer or a night out.
I do go bare legged if my legs aren't stubbly. My legs are pale though!
But tights for warmth, or an in-between day. :lol-2:

Meghan - meh. I think she's acting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results