shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your bezel rings

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Hi JustLucky! I love, love your ring! I'm SO happy for you! Congrats!

So... we went ring shopping yesterday and we actually ended up in love with the Tiffany Embrace. They didn't have many options in sizes at our local store, so they're bringing in some more for us to look at on Thursday. The one we really liked was a G, IF, .81 for $11,300! I was like, lets get a carat for that much - we definitely don't need a flawless diamond! LOL So anyway, I'm hoping they have something bigger for me to look at on Thursday. They're also supposed to be bringing in a few more of the Round Bezets, since they only had a 1.3 ct, and a .6 ct available in that one too. UGH.

So, anyway, I know we can get SO much more diamond for our money elsewhere, but my BF really wants to get the ring from Tiffany and really liked the customer service we recieved... and honestly, I'm in love with the Embrace that we looked at, and I'm OK with having around 1 ct. In fact, I think I'd be more comfortable with a 1 ct, as it wouldn't be overwhelming. I would have never thought I'd like all the pave diamonds around the center stone, but their setting is amazing. You almost can't tell they're there, which makes the center stone look enormous! Oh, and the ring is SO lightweight. And the sparkle! Oh... the sparkle! LOL

Anyway, here's the link to the Embrace:

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?GroupSKU=GRP10055#f+1/0/0/0/0/0

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
HollyRF,

Thanks! I am so excited it is here and so excited it is MINE!

Well I love the embrace! I think it is something that will look amazing for years and years! But I hope they give you options so you can make the right decision! I totally understand your BF's comfort level with Tiffanys. My fiance felt really similar. We originally wanted that. But then we found Kwiat. Kwiat was AMAZING to work with (they did my first engagement ring, it just was not me). They are a really upscale dealer in NY. Since we are in Michigan, we did it all over the phone and internet. I am originally from San Francisco so I wanted something outside of our small town in Michigan. He understood that. So he wanted to go with big companies with awesome reputations. Kwiat was just as amazing quality as Tiffanys with slightly lower prices. From what I understand, Kwiat actually sells their diamonds to other deals and just went into doing settings within the past 10-20 years. But their expertise was in diamonds. They originally sold most of their diamonds to Harry Winston. Since my fiance realized that most of the value was in the diamond, he wanted someone who KNEW diamonds. So that is why we went with them. And they were awesome. But they just didnt have the setting I ended up wanting in the end and I was a little resistant to going forward to custom orders (no matter who did them). So I get it. And I don't blame him. He probably wants to get you THE best. Tiffanys has widely been seen as THE best. It's really sweet. I guess you shouldn't ever talk a man out of buying you something from Tiffanys! ;-)

Well I am excited to see what you choose!!!

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Hi JustLucky!

I am SO excited for my trip to Tiffany's tomorrow evening after work! I cannot wait to see the different carat sizes. I just know the Embrace will look even more stunning with a slightly larger center stone! I'm really hoping they can find a carat in our price range. Fingers crossed!

To be honest, I'm really surprised that I ended up liking the Embrace so much. I really always thought I'd want a bezet ring, but I could tell when I tried the round bezet on that my BF was not totally impressed, and because it's his money, I really want him to be happy, too! But then the sales woman brought out the Embrace and you could see his eyes light up. So cute! At first when I saw it, I thought I totally wasn't going to like it, but MAN, when I tried it on, I was in love! I guess that goes to show that you really have to try rings on!!

So are you still in love with your pear shaped bezel? It is SO beautiful! I bet you're getting TONS of compliments already!

Anyway, I'll report back tomorrow or Friday on my ring experience!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mobl|1306457042|2931306 said:
engagement ring reset!

C360_2011-05-26%2020-46-29.jpg

this is a beautiful reset! congrats mobl!

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Oh I am so excited for you HollyRF!!! It's like dinner at Tiffany's but actually going in and planning to buy a ring!! You do have to try rings on. I wish I had. I never tried on a single ring before I got my first ring. My fiance had that same look with the first one. It made me so sad to take that away from him especially because he never liked pears or the idea of a solitaire or the bezel. Those 2 and half weeks waiting in between having the first ring and before we got the new one were total torture. I had to explain to EVERYONE where my ring was, what happened, and I know it made my fiance sad to look down at my "empty" finger. He told me that he only felt "half-engaged." It was so sad. But I never really had the chance to try on rings. I've been super busy with law school ever since we met practically. And we the time came for him to start making decisions I was taking my last law school finals and then was headed right in to study for the bar exam, which is in July. So I have only had those 2 rings on my finger. But it all worked out because he LOVES the size of my new ring. He cannot believe I found a 1.75 carat H VS2 ring in his budget of $10,500. I can tell he is super proud of it!!! I even showed him all the sweet comments on the thread with the pictures of my ring. He smiled the whole time and read the ones he liked out loud. It was soooo nice to have him happy and proud of our engagement ring again. So I totally understand. I am so glad that you also are in love with the Embrace! I would be worried if you were interested because of his reaction and not because of your own. While his happiness with the ring is super important (knowing my fiance is proud of mine now after all our drama and seeing him smile about it makes my heart jump and stomach flip a bit), you are the one who has to wear it. After my "mistake," I am the hugest advocate for following your heart and your own instincts. So just because you always thought you wanted the bezet doesn't mean it has to be the ring for you.

You'll end up with an amazing ring and an amazing man at the end of it. I told myself that a few times, that while there was a little bit of drama along the way I reminded myself that the best things in life aren't always the easiest to come by or the easiest to figure out. And I cannot wait to see what you decide on!!! I feel so invested, isn't that funny? I am super excited to figure out what you get!

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Hey JustLucky!

So, I'm back from looking at the Tiffany Embrace for the second time. She brought in a couple new rings in our price range, here's what I saw:

FIRST, the original was: 81 carat H, IF for $11,100

The NEW options:

.81 carat G, VS1 for $10,000
.91 H VVS2 for $12,500

After seeing them all together, I'm leaning toward the $10,000 option as you can't tell a huge difference between the two, and we are talking $2,500...

What do you think? Is it worth the extra cash?

I think she was also able to find one at another store that was .90 carat for $11,900, but she wasn't positive that it was still available...

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
HollyRF|1307063705|2936588 said:
Hey JustLucky!

So, I'm back from looking at the Tiffany Embrace for the second time. She brought in a couple new rings in our price range, here's what I saw:

FIRST, the original was: 81 carat H, IF for $11,100

The NEW options:

.81 carat G, VS1 for $10,000
.91 H VVS2 for $12,500

After seeing them all together, I'm leaning toward the $10,000 option as you can't tell a huge difference between the two, and we are talking $2,500...

What do you think? Is it worth the extra cash?

I think she was also able to find one at another store that was .90 carat for $11,900, but she wasn't positive that it was still available...

Hmm well this is impossible for me to tell you what to do. I can only tell you what we did when it came to budget and choosing a diamond. My fiance gave me a budget and was like this is a budget and it is one for a reason. If a few hundred dollars is what will come between you and your happiness with it then it is okay but more than a few hundred? Then it is isn't really staying in budget. But we are in a TOTALLY different situation, I assume. He opened a savings account to save for this a few weeks after me met me. And we were together for over 3 years. But I have been in law school and have not had an income. I just graduated and an when I will start earning one is cloudy. So not going over budget was really important to us. I am sure he would have loved to been like yes sure get whatever you want. I ended up going $5 over budget. Yep, $5 and I am sort of proud of that! I would talk to your fiance and ask him exactly what your budget is because you want to be mindful of it but get the best you can within that budget. If your budget allows for $12,500, then go for it! If it is too far over and you will have to get the money from some place else and it makes either of you uncomfortable, then it may not be the best decision. But all in all it has to be your decision and your fiances. I think all the options sound pretty awesome! However, I might try to track down the .90 for $11,900 to split the difference (less $ but practically the same carat weight as the $12,500). But that is just me, I want to be absolutely certain that I got the BEST I could for my money (or rather my fiances money :saint:.) Deep down you may already know the answer (I did) I was just looking for other people to tell me what to do and they never did so I had to do it myself, which was hard but in the end it paid off.

-JustLucky13

frosted

Rough_Rock
HollyRF

I would stick with the .81 if it doesn't look that much different to you. It is a G vs an H so it should be a better diamond.

If you REALLY feel the need for something larger, you can always take a look at Tiffany's upgrade policy in a few years! :cheeky:

I almost went with the embrace too. So pretty, and lots of sparkle! We ended up with the soleste instead. That has crazy sparkle and a huge presence on the finger! (But, it has a double halo . . . so you may not like it. I find I don't see the inner halo, only the outer one so it just looks like one halo from afar . . . like a legacy.)

Congrats!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guys you might want to start a new thread to talk about styles and such! :)) That will keep this a nice clean eye candy thread for future bezel enthusiats!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My colored diamond eternity band, 8.335 cttw.

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm totally in love with bezel settings, so I thought I would share a recent recycling project. Original ring was around .8 cts, new ring is approximately 1.6 cts. Yes, the blue diamonds are irradiated, but I still think they are pretty.

Ring Collage.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love bezels. Here are mine!

Silver and yellow gold tsavorite ring by Sally:
il_fullxfull.244715057.jpg

Silver and rose gold green sapphire ring by Daniel M:
sapphring1.jpg

Silver and green gold prasiolite ring by JKT:
prasring2.jpg
prasring1-1.jpg

Silver and gemstone rings by Kyle Anne metals (benitoite, tourmaline, moonstone, demantoid):
Re-exposure%20of%202010-03-09%2021.42.01.jpg
jstar-6662.jpg
jstar-6663.jpg
jstar-6664.jpg

Silver and blue zircon ring by JKT:
jstar-6656.jpg
jstar-6658.jpg

Platinum bezel wedding band with round and princess-cut diamonds from Blue Nile:
jstar-ringsonbox.jpg jstar-closeup.jpg

And my newest one, my diamond pendant upgrade: 0.56 G/VS2 with medium blue fluor in a DBTY-style necklace by Daniel M:

il_570xN.247901173.jpg

HollyRF

Rough_Rock
Thanks JustLucky! That is an awesome looking bezel! But yes, I've relinquished all control of the ring buying process to my boyfriend at this point! We will definitely be going with the Embrace, because we both know it's the ring for us, I'm just not sure which ct size he will end up picking. I will definitely post the final decision when I get it! Thanks so much for all your help and advice. :D

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OP: Aoife
Sea foam tourmaline cut by Jeff White, set in Argentium silver by Julia Kay Taylor:

IMG_0087.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OP:Amys Bling
Centre stone is 0.5ct, F, VVS2,
Side stones are 10 baguette cut, 0.66tcw, D-F, VVS

file.php

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
I have lots of bezels...I've bought and worn other types of settings, but I always go back to bezels.

The stacking rings are handmade, rose cut diamond, prehnite, and white sapphire, made by Kyleanne Metals

My engagement ring is 1.03 ct round brilliant James Meyer

And my new ring was made by Ann McKay, and I can't WAIT to get it :)))

ringsss.jpg 31515_431998167328_695502328_5523545_3958110_n_0.jpg Jacob,%20Carmen%20-%20White%20Peony%20reset.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here is my 1.5 carat purple spinel. The setting is by Sally.

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

photo_31.jpg

hr1978

Rough_Rock
My new ring is in a bezel halo with plain shank. The bezel feels so protective of the center stone, and I don't have to worry about knocking into anything or snagging my hair/sweaters in it. :appl:

.70 Ritani Endless Love in Platinum

rf_2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
blackberry16|1305766697|2925335 said:
OP: Ltlfirecracker
Richard Homer spess JKT ring

file.png

Okay, I want this ring.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
my bezel set tourmaline ring from JKT

lavateatourmalinejkt.jpg

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
This is my original ering diamond which I reset in a semi-bezel Sholdt many many years ago. It is platinum and did not realize how much wear it is showing until I took these macro photos. :blackeye:

Sholdt.JPG

SholdtProfile.JPG

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OP:Gothgrrl
It's a blue cabochon sapphire 6.9 X 6.0 mm.

file.php

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OP:starburst
It is inspired by a Cathy Waterman design, some of you may recall Anna Paquin's rose cut engagement ring, which was a Waterman original. This ring has a 1 ct rose cut diamond bezel set in platinum, with tiny rose cut melee in the leaves, created by a local jeweler.

file.php

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OP: bezelfan32
It's a 1.32 carat cushion cut diamond in a platinum James Meyer setting with yellow gold wraps. James thinks the stone is from the 1880's.

file.php

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Loving all the bezels here, the color combos, the single and double halo bezels, and the real life perspective shots are great. I think James Allen makes a modern, elegant version. But I've only seen one example on PS, a beautiful pear shaped solitaire. Link: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-shaped-diamond-with-a-gold-band.161393/?hilit=pear%20shaped']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-shaped-diamond-with-a-gold-band.161393/?hilit=pear%20shaped[/URL]

Wondering if anyone else may have a James Allen petite bezel, in any shape? I know pictures of previously bought versions can be seen on the website, but handshots are so helpful.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Here's my 1.01 H, VS1 EC in unplated WG bezel setting :bigsmile:

Picture 025.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
My opal ring from Seven Fingers Jewelry.

kiz-7fopal1.jpg

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
loooove the look of that unplated WG :)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks (I think, if you mean me?). It is very different than the other metals I'm used to, but I'm soooo glad I didn't have it rhodium plated. I just can't see myself redoing that every who-knows-how-long? It has a lot of personality in the way it changes color in different light/settings. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results