shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The last two days of Royal Acot saw The Queen in lovely blue outfits, complemented by two of the steady favaourites from HM's collection - Queen Victoria's sapphire brooch and Queen Elizabeth's scallop brooch - Day 4 and Day 5

It was lovely to see the Prince Albert brooch :) I never realized (after all the photos I've seen) that the diamonds are that large... But it was even better (and unexpected) that Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan rode with Elizabeth II the two last days - Princess Sarvath And guesses what these jewels are?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The King & Queen of the Netherlands payed a one-day official/courtesy visit to Denmark and were received by The Queen & Prince Consort. Of course, aunt Daisy is Alexander's God-mother ;-)
The Queen wore her lovely pearl and diamond bar brooch and large diamond earrings; Queen Maxima opted for her long diamond earrings with aquamarine drops. Many pics from the warm welcome can be seen here - Store grin og munter stemning hos Margrethe og Henrik

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bobby, so what are Princess Sarvath's jewels? I couldn't dig up anything. Mother of pearl? It's hard to tell, photos aren't very detailed of them. You've got me curious!

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1372257931|3472625 said:
Bobby, so what are Princess Sarvath's jewels? I couldn't dig up anything. Mother of pearl? It's hard to tell, photos aren't very detailed of them. You've got me curious!

--- Laurie
I'm curious as well... Mother ot pearl or enamel with turquoises, that's what they look like to me...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have info on the ring Queen Maxima is wearing at a recent royal visit? Gawk, it looks like a gigantic paraiba tourmaline but that is probably just how the light hits it. It can't be simply an aquamarine, can it? Not with that kind of saturation!

--- Laurie

PS -- PS dulled the colors; it's tons brighter than that in the original photo.

2611927281.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My guess is a Santa Maria (or Santa Maria Africana) aquamarine. Yes, it can have that kind of colour saturation.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Abdication Alert! King Albert II of Belgium is passing the throne to Crown Prince Phillipe!! Queen Mathilde is on the horizon!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long time lurker here since 2004, and I would like to say hello to all the contributors of one of my favourite threads on PS!

DK :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1373054622|3477772 said:
Abdication Alert! King Albert II of Belgium is passing the throne to Crown Prince Phillipe!! Queen Mathilde is on the horizon!

Well, having been duly alerted, I have been reading about the abdication. Trying to read about, "Queen Mathilde" is very discouraging, however, since one is brought to incredibly bizarre places on the 'net. (I was glad that I already knew a little bit about the wife of William the Conqueror, so that I wasn't completed confused.) I was, of course, more interested in Princess Mathilde, who will be Queen, than in anyone else. I looked in many places, but got this blurb from that erudite site, Wikipedia:

"Before the wedding, by means of a Royal Order of 8 November 1999, Mathilde was made a princess of Belgium in her own right. This Royal Order entered into force on the date of the wedding. The wife of a Belgian prince used to receive this title automatically, but a special creation is now required. In addition, her father and two uncles were elevated to the rank of count.

Upon marriage itself, Mathilde became Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Brabant."

Of course, once the current king abdicates and her husband the Crown Prince becomes King, she will become Queen Consort. I believe she will be the first native Belgian queen in their history.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
What jewelry present should the Duchess of Cambridge get for the birth of her first baby? Who can forget the flower basket brooch Queen Elizabeth recieved when Prince Charles was born?!

Speaking of babies, Buckimgham Palace announced that Zara Phillips is expecting! They referred to her as Mrs Tindall...that's the first time I've heard her referred to as such.

Gabriellehb

Rough_Rock
Hmm a push present my fav is the beautiful sapphire brooch that CPMary got for the birth of Christian. Maybe it's time that Kate got a tiara to start her collection.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gabriellehb|1373292389|3478999 said:
Hmm a push present my fav is the beautiful sapphire brooch that CPMary got for the birth of Christian. Maybe it's time that Kate got a tiara to start her collection.

Well, it sounds as if the Duchess is going to get a brooch!

Deb
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1373315459|3479272 said:
Well, it sounds as if the Duchess is going to get a brooch!

I just wanted to clarify that when I posted the remark above I wasn't referring only to the Crown Princess Mary, but also to Queen Elizabeth. I had also been alluding to this comment in the thread:

LadyMaria|1373280900|3478930 said:
Who can forget the flower basket brooch Queen Elizabeth recieved when Prince Charles was born?!

AGBF
:read:

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
Do you think it will be a totally new brooch, a new one made from another piece, or one from the vaults? I can't see HM giving up something from her collection.....

I would personally like the Duchess of Cambridge to recieve a demi-parure of diamonds, or diamonds and saphirres. :naughty:

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
"....diamonds and *sapphires*." <--- My spelling has become really bad since I was away. :???: Please excuse any other spelling mistakes!

What do you guys think Mathilde will wear for the coronation festivites? I know it won't be as fancy as the recent one in the Netherlands (Which was fantastic! Maxima's gowns and jewels! :love: ), but will there at least be a gala, or will the festivities be strictly on the casual side? Hopefully we will see Mathilde in a new tiara soon! 8-)

And I know this isn't really jewelry related, but who will replace Philippe and Mathilde for going to weddings/coronations/other events?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
sunshine996|1373841760|3482956 said:
Do you think it will be a totally new brooch, a new one made from another piece, or one from the vaults? I can't see HM giving up something from her collection.....

I would personally like the Duchess of Cambridge to recieve a demi-parure of diamonds, or diamonds and saphirres. :naughty:

As much as I would also like to see some truly serious jewels, I think a demi-parure might be a little big for a push present. I'm thinking more brooch-ish. She could get more than one...maybe a brooch from QEII (come one, she's got plenty, or at least other jewels she can rearrange into a brooch that would suit the Duchess of Cambridge) and part of the sapphire set from Princess Diana from William?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
sunshine996|1373845803|3482980 said:
"....diamonds and *sapphires*." <--- My spelling has become really bad since I was away. :???: Please excuse any other spelling mistakes!

What do you guys think Mathilde will wear for the coronation festivites? I know it won't be as fancy as the recent one in the Netherlands (Which was fantastic! Maxima's gowns and jewels! :love: ), but will there at least be a gala, or will the festivities be strictly on the casual side? Hopefully we will see Mathilde in a new tiara soon! 8-)

And I know this isn't really jewelry related, but who will replace Philippe and Mathilde for going to weddings/coronations/other events?

Anything but her Laurel Wreath tiara! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice tiara, I just want to see Mathilde in something different! Of all the Crown Princesses, she certainly got the short end of the jeweled scepter (can't really just say short end of the stick with royalty, can we?) when it comes to a tiara collection. Even her sister-in-law Claire now has two tiaras to choose from.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WithinDemise|1371427221|3467064 said:
isaku5|1370802081|3462151 said:
Princess Charlene of Monaco is a classic beauty who needs no jewels to impress other members of royalty who were present for the nuptials.

It's not about impressing. Victoria, Silvia, Mary, etc don't need jewels to impress anyone. They wear them because they can and because it's expected in such a situation.

I don't know why Charlene didn't wear any jewels, but it reeks of just not feeling like she fits in, in my opinion.

Her lack of jewelry struck me as conspicuous and "in your face." Looking a the pictures, I wondered what message she was trying to send - and to whom.

(Sorry to be late to the wedding party. My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. :wink2: )

ETA passive-agressive, that's what I was trying to think of. The conspicuous lack of jewelry had a feel of passive-agressiveness to it.

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
LadyMaria|1373930962|3483569 said:
sunshine996|1373841760|3482956 said:

As much as I would also like to see some truly serious jewels, I think a demi-parure might be a little big for a push present. I'm thinking more brooch-ish. She could get more than one...maybe a brooch from QEII (come one, she's got plenty, or at least other jewels she can rearrange into a brooch that would suit the Duchess of Cambridge) and part of the sapphire set from Princess Diana from William?

I very much agree, but I will still dream! :) Which of HM's brooches do you think the Duchess of Cambridge should get? I'm thinking maybe something with a previous connection to the title of Cambridge; perhaps the pearl pendant brooch, or one of the emerald brooches. Unfortunately, HM keeps these in her "rotation". Your suggestion for William to give her part of the sapphire set would be a happy medium between fanasty and reality. :D

[/quote]Anything but her Laurel Wreath tiara! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice tiara, I just want to see Mathilde in something different! Of all the Crown Princesses, she certainly got the short end of the jeweled scepter (can't really just say short end of the stick with royalty, can we?) when it comes to a tiara collection. Even her sister-in-law Claire now has two tiaras to choose from.[/quote]

I'm not really that familiar with the Belgian tiaras, but I hope Mathilde wears something new to her and puts the Laurel Wreath in the vaults for a while. In my opinion, they could at least buy/create her a new tiara for the occasion because she didn't get to use more than one tiara while she was Duchess of Brabant.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Belgian ceremony is over and there wasn't much to report. It certainly wasn't as fancy as the Dutch, but they also only had three weeks to prepare. Queen Mathilde had a nice pair of diamond and pearl earrings. I thought there was supposed to be an evening event but I haven't seen any pictures yet. Has anyone else spotted any?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1374486930|3487579 said:
Hangout beat us to a thread on the Duchess of Cambridge having gone into labor with the new Prince or Princess of Cambridge.

Hangout Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hello-royal-baby.191500/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hello-royal-baby.191500/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

Oh goody!! Baby is in the way!

I think I'd rather discuss my feelings on the baby here. Poster Smith1942 has already ruined that thread for me with his/her negativity. :blackeye:

I read Alexandra is the top girls name. Considering the other names of future queens in Europe I think Alexandra would work well since no one else has it. The future queen of Norway will be queen Ingrid. As for boys, I heard George is the front runner. I don't think they will go with James since the Earl and Countess of Wessex' son is James. There hasn't been a Richard in a while either. I am looking forward to a classy name and not a foolish one like Rainbow or North!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1374508500|3487704 said:
I am looking forward to a classy name and not a foolish one like Rainbow or North!

Well, I believe that Queen Elizabeth refused to allow the Duke and Duchess of York to name their first daughter, "Annabelle" and, instead, gave them a list of acceptable royal names for girls. I therefore suspect that, "Rainbow" and, "North" will be unacceptable to Her Majesty. :wavey:

Deb
:saint:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
IT'S A BOY!!!

All the more reason for Catherine to receive some blue sapphires from Diana's collection!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LadyMaria|1374526079|3487938 said:
IT'S A BOY!!!

All the more reason for Catherine to receive some blue sapphires from Diana's collection!

Actually, I think she should either get something new, just for her, or some other family piece. She is already seen as a replacement Diana, already has her engagement ring (symbolic as it may be). Isn't it time that she had something hers, that could become her signature piece?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
She hardly wears any jewelry anyhow -- it's probably of more interest to us than to her! ;(

--- Laurie

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did you see entertainmentwise's prediction that William will commission a parure for Kate, including tiara, earrings, etc? It is mentioned on PS's blog.

Sorry, I think there is no way that would happen:

1- Economic crisis, folk! The general public would not be happy with this, when there is already a huge jewelry collection in the family and even considering that it would be paid for using their private funds
2- It is completely out of line with the family tradition of much more modest gifts (even though they are completely awesome by our standards!)
3- I very much doubt anyone would wear a modern set for their own crowning, when there is a ton of historically significant pieces in the collection. One or two pieces, sure, but not the whole set

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are looking so dignified and so gorgeous - a perfect royal couple.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results