shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Ursula of Bavaria is wearing a small diamond tiara (at leat I think it was her I saw for half a second) :)
Aunt Gunilla is wearing her pearl and diamond aigrette :)
There are more tiaras than I had previously imagined :appl:
Still waiting for the key guests - reigning royal fouses and the Swedish royals - to arrive.
It looks like Tatian is also wearing her wedding earrings and the pearl on top of the tiara has been restored :)

Gabriellehb

Rough_Rock
where are you watching I've been trying to find on youtube but nothing

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Tamadako (forgive me if I misspelled her name) is is a glorious tiara and collier in diamonds and pearls with earrings to match.

The King's sisters arrived just before her -
Pss Margarieta - Fringe
Princess Birgitta - Connaught + sapphire set and diamond earrings
Pss Desire - large cut steel + large pink stone and diamond cluster brooch
Pss Christina - 6 button and pearl necklaces

Charlene - the highest rancking royal guest is wearing no jewels at all!

CPss Victoria is wearing Pss Lilian's tiara with the necklace made from Q Jusefian's stomacher - a great look for her
The Queen is with the Prongs, QV's collet necklace, Vasa pendant, King Carl Johan's earrings and rose brooch
Chitopher has an order, but not Swedish.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
400th page started on sich a special day!!! Congrats, Pricescopers!!!

The bride just arrived. She's not wearing the Cameos. It's Queen Silvia's diamond tiara and the Vasa earrings. I'm not happy, but it was not unexpected ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1370699955|3461492 said:
Chitopher has an order, but not Swedish.

It's a Swedish order, of course - apparently The King has made his new son-in-law Commander (KNO) of the Order of the Polar Star.

They are married!!! May God bless them :)))

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The bridal couple has now left the palace and is cheered by the crowd :appl:
The sight of the diamond tiara made me think if might have been the parents' present to their daughter?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, small hiccup in plans. The Crown Prince at my manor got hurt yesterday playing with friends. We didn't think it was too bad last night but it looks awful this morning. Just got back from our local urgent care clinic which was closed due to computer upgrades. Grrrr...it's not serious enough to go to a full blown emergency room. But I am just now starting to look at the wedding!

Gabriellehb

Rough_Rock
Finally found where to see the wedding live. Charlene always seems to wear neutrals and the colors of the ocean tiara I reckon would clash majorly with the dress she was wearing.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1370700455|3461496 said:
400th page started on sich a special day!!! Congrats, Pricescopers!!![\quote]

Agreed!! :appl:

The bride just arrived. She's not wearing the Cameos. It's Queen Silvia's diamond tiara and the Vasa earrings. I'm not happy, but it was not unexpected ;-)

I am really surprised she's not wearing the Cameo!!!! I thought she would at least do something other than her regular tiara.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire:

Seriously, are we now getting into breech of royal etiquette? Not wearing a tiara to a white tie event when tiaras are clearly expected? And what does this say to Madeline...your wedding isn't important enough for me to wear jewelry?

Since Charlene has no interest in wearing her Le Ocean tiara. I will gladly take it off her hands!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Love the picture of Chris kissing his bride's hand!

Do I also detect a small row of orange blossoms in front of Madeline's tiara?

Estelle, as always, is adorable!

Gabriellehb

Rough_Rock
I thought it was cute that Daniel was teaching Estelle how to blow kisses to Madeline and Chris as they passed them by in the foyer of the church.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1370703602|3461529 said:
Okay, small hiccup in plans. The Crown Prince at my manor got hurt yesterday playing with friends. We didn't think it was too bad last night but it looks awful this morning. Just got back from our local urgent care clinic which was closed due to computer upgrades. Grrrr...it's not serious enough to go to a full blown emergency room. But I am just now starting to look at the wedding!

I'm sorry to hear that your little Crown Princes had been hurt! Hope he'll be ok soon and will be playing with his friends againg (to his mother's fear of hurting himself again:razz:; I have small cousins and know what it is ;-) )
Hope you had time to change in time and had a good time watching this most wonderful wedding and experiencing all the joy of the happy couple and their familes and guests :)

Best,
Your dear Prince of Preslav

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A (bad) screen cap of Countess Marianne Bernadotte af Wisborg with an amethyst tiara (which I've seen her wear as necklace) and earrings; in the background are Princess Desiree and Princess Birgitta:
auntmarianne.png

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, has been a very busy day, so just starting to look at the wedding. Are there clips on Youtube yet? Also, could someone please post the picture of the groom's sister's tiaras, at least we can talk about something new. So disappointed (and I wonder how rude it was on her part) that Princess Charlene wore no jewelry at all (it's not like she doesn't have some beautiful pieces, and to be totally crass, her husband could afford to buy her a new tiara), good grief. I mean really how many tiara events are there in Monaco, beside the red cross ball, open up the jewelry box! Okay, I am over it..... maybe. Everyone have a great time sorting through everything :)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1370725964|3461708 said:
Hello everyone, has been a very busy day, so just starting to look at the wedding. Are there clips on Youtube yet? Also, could someone please post the picture of the groom's sister's tiaras, at least we can talk about something new. So disappointed (and I wonder how rude it was on her part) that Princess Charlene wore no jewelry at all (it's not like she doesn't have some beautiful pieces, and to be totally crass, her husband could afford to buy her a new tiara), good grief. I mean really how many tiara events are there in Monaco, beside the red cross ball, open up the jewelry box! Okay, I am over it..... maybe. Everyone have a great time sorting through everything :)

You don't need YouTube ;-) The entire coverage (5 hours!) can be see here - http://www.svt.se/prinsessbrollopet/se-program/8-6-15-30?autostart=true
I have posted a photo of Caountess Natasha v. A&T (the sister who read from the Bible) at Tiaras ;-)

As to HSH The Princess of Monaco... Whet can we say... I hope the case with her jewels (and her managasque order) was forgotten at the Princely palace in Monaco... Otherways we should nick-name her HSH The Rebelious Princess :D Seriously - everybody made an effort, so even if Charlene isn't into wearing (grand) jewels, she showld've made that sacrifice... Just like everybody did at her own wedding to the Sovereign Prince. It was not white tie for nothing (even if some ladies wore coctail dresses with hats...). But time will learn her, I hope :razz:

Bobby

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
LadyMaria|1370704584|3461533 said:

Seriously, are we now getting into breech of royal etiquette? Not wearing a tiara to a white tie event when tiaras are clearly expected? And what does this say to Madeline...your wedding isn't important enough for me to wear jewelry?

Since Charlene has no interest in wearing her Le Ocean tiara. I will gladly take it off her hands!

She also didn't wear her Monaco Order, another lapse in judgment. She could have worn that god awful Foam tiara, which would have gone with her dress just fine. She could have worn just a broach in her hair. It is an awful shame that she didn't make any sort of effort. If she didn't want to be there, she shouldn't have gone.

I loved Theodora's look (and was surprised to see her in her sisters tiara!) and Marie looked lovely as well. I'm not overly fond of Mary's dress, but I was surprised to see her in the midnight tiara. MM looked good, didn't like Martha's dress, Vickan looked amazing (and Estelle was adorable, though I don't agree with taking a 1-year-old to a wedding).

Madeleine looked amazing. I love her entire look and it was great to see her and Chris so obviously happy!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my thing looking at the guests:

They wore the wrong tiaras with the dress.

I like the tiaras, and I like the dresses. The combinations, however, just aren't working. Take CP Mette-Merrit as Exhibit A. The dress is gorgeous! Perfect color for her and it was very flattering. But then she wore the amethyst tiara? Then Martha-Louise shows up in a stunning lavender dress with the Queen Maud tiara. Now that works fine...but if those two ladies had switched tiaras (pearl and diamond with MM's ice blue and amethyst with ML's lavender) then that would have been two smashing successes.

For Exhibit B look at the Countess of Wessex. I love that she wore the aquamarine tiara again. But then she paired it with a pink dress. If she had the same dress in a blue or gray color, then it would have been a third smashing success.

Exhibit C: CP Mary of Denmark. Even her dress though, I'm not crazy about. The cape thing is awkward. If it had been small like CP Mette-Merrit, maybe I could live with it. Pairing it with the Midnight tiara is a borderline diaster. I think Princess Marie looked better with her trusty diamond tiara and pale pink dress.

Princess Charlene is in a class by herself having no tiara at all with a dress that I do think looks good on her, but I think I've already addressed my issues with the PINO (Princess In Name Only).

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie didn't do too bad given what jewels she wore. I've never been crazy about topaz/citrine/yellow stones. Queen Sonja's Headband and Queen Margarethe's Golden Poppies pretty much scarred me for life. However, if that is what she was told to wear, she did a decent job of getting a dress that complemented the jewels given that she's still figuring this all out!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't agree more about P. Charlene. When she turned up jewelry-naked I wanted to shake the girl! What is it with her? I cannot understand how a pretty young woman with a major-wealthy husband wouldn't WANT to wear gorgeous jewels. It's unnatural imo. :( And impolite at a thing like that. Even QEII says she doesn't care much for jewelry but wears it when it's necessary -- maybe she should give Charlene a talking-to.

Madeleine looked absolutely perfect, I thought. Her dress was gorgeous -- I think my favorite royal wedding dress. I was delighted she didn't wear the cameo tiara, which I really really dislike. It would've been too big & heavy for that gown & her diamond tiara was just right with her lacy dress & the veil. The orange blossoms were an inspiration. The earrings, it goes without saying, are wonderful.

It was lovely to see how happy the groom was, too. Hope this marriage continues as warmly as it seems to be beginning.

Victoria was also looking very nice. Loved her dress, except for the need to continually keep it from committing a faux pas. Splits in the front of skirts can be perilous at worst & awkward at best. I like them better to the side, if a dress is going to have one.

For me, Princess Marie was the only other noteworthy guest, for style. Simple & elegant, and she looked terrific in her tiara with perfect tiara hair.

Otherwise, meh, most were about as expected. But the bride shone so brightly, nobody else matters anyhow!

--- Laurie

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Greek ladies had a very interesting solution to their tiara dilemea, eh Bobby? I would have never guesses Princess Alexia would loan out her tiara. I think it looked great on Princess Theodora! Princess Tatiana and CP Marie-Chantal looked fine. I will infer, based on this, that there are no plans to ever get Princess Theodora her own tiara. She's certainly been to enough events lately to justify having her own, but continues to borrow from relatives.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I do have to give a special nod to CP Victoria. I was very happy to see her wearing Princess Lilian's tiara, and I liked her dress.

But that is not why I think CP Victoria gets special kudos. Of all the royal moms, I think she is doing the best job with the princess-in-training. First it was the miniature Order of the Seraphim at Princess Estelle's christening. Then it was the little traditional outfit just a few days ago. Today they have the little tiny chair that matched everyone else's. Toooooooo cute!!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1370727703|3461722 said:
As to HSH The Princess of Monaco... Seriously - everybody made an effort, so even if Charlene isn't into wearing (grand) jewels, she showld've made that sacrifice... Just like everybody did at her own wedding to the Sovereign Prince. It was not white tie for nothing (even if some ladies wore coctail dresses with hats...). But time will learn her, I hope :razz:

Bobby

Well said, Bobby....well said!!!!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Gabriellehb|1370703698|3461530 said:
Finally found where to see the wedding live. Charlene always seems to wear neutrals and the colors of the ocean tiara I reckon would clash majorly with the dress she was wearing.

Did you see my reply to your enquiry on top of this page (the first post)?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1370736836|3461805 said:
The Greek ladies had a very interesting solution to their tiara dilemea, eh Bobby? I would have never guesses Princess Alexia would loan out her tiara. I think it looked great on Princess Theodora! Princess Tatiana and CP Marie-Chantal looked fine. I will infer, based on this, that there are no plans to ever get Princess Theodora her own tiara. She's certainly been to enough events lately to justify having her own, but continues to borrow from relatives.

One day Theodora will marry Henry of Wales and her tiara problem will be solved forever by her godmother, the Brithish Queen :razz:

Bu the way. this scenario - Fringe, Antique pearl and Alexia's - was among my solutions for the Greek ladies. I don't think this is correct guess, however, since I mentioned other possibilities as well ;-)
Another thing - did you notice that the round pearl on top of the tiara (the pearl one) had been added to it again? I don't think we'd seen it since the mid 1990s...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WithinDemise|1370733382|3461772 said:
LadyMaria|1370704584|3461533 said:

She also didn't wear her Monaco Order, another lapse in judgment. She could have worn that god awful Foam tiara, which would have gone with her dress just fine. She could have worn just a broach in her hair. It is an awful shame that she didn't make any sort of effort. If she didn't want to be there, she shouldn't have gone.

I loved Theodora's look (and was surprised to see her in her sisters tiara!) and Marie looked lovely as well. I'm not overly fond of Mary's dress, but I was surprised to see her in the midnight tiara. MM looked good, didn't like Martha's dress, Vickan looked amazing (and Estelle was adorable, though I don't agree with taking a 1-year-old to a wedding).

Madeleine looked amazing. I love her entire look and it was great to see her and Chris so obviously happy!

Agree about Mette-Marit :) For some reason I don't think gems and dress clashed too much :) A change of tiaras (like 3 years ago) would've nice, IMO ;-)
Am I in the minority of those who like Martha-Louise's dress? The shape is something I instantly think of when I hear about a Princess is dressed in gown, slightly Victorian and complementing the (Victorian) tiara really well. I'm not too keen on her necklace and earrings with the rest of the ensamble, but at least it's something new (tanzanites?) :) And HH opted for a normal look, not like other dresses she's worn in the past ;-)
Why not bring the child to the wedding? She behaved very nice (maybe with a couple of exceptions) and brought extra cuteness to her aunt's special day :razz:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1370736602|3461801 said:
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie didn't do too bad given what jewels she wore. I've never been crazy about topaz/citrine/yellow stones. Queen Sonja's Headband and Queen Margarethe's Golden Poppies pretty much scarred me for life. However, if that is what she was told to wear, she did a decent job of getting a dress that complemented the jewels given that she's still figuring this all out!

The citrines today reminded me that Staphanie's mother-in-law wore the aquamarine bandeau/bracelet in 2004 at the wedding in Copenhagen. And I still think she should've worn something larger then, as a way to show her appreciation for the bridal couple and for aunt Daisy and uncle Henri. There are tiaras fit for a person's possition and for the event and these three didn't match this time ;-) My opinion, of course.
But hey! Four tiaras in less than 8 months since the wedding! And I'm complaning?!? Go girl! Show them how it's done! (and I mean person)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results