shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Bless Mabel's heart...how hard it must be for her. She and Maxima have similar dresses.

I am also super excited that CP Masako is making this trip. I am super happy to see her out and about!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1367258833|3436764 said:
Queen Beatix is also wearing the large Russian bow brooch with three pearl drops pic
From other boards I gather Camilla is in the Greville tiara, Letizia in the floral tiara and Victoria with the amethyst tiara. No mention of other jewels...

Stay turned for more

CP Mary of Denmark is wearing her wedding tiara, small version (without the pearls).

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Lalla Salma of Morocco is wearing a tiara western style. I've never seen her wear one this way before without a veil. She is stunning!

Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxumbourg is wearing the tiara with the central sapphire...the name escapes me...

CP Mette-Merit is wearing her daisy wedding tiara.

Albert of Monaco is sans Charlene...is this yet another lost opportunity for a Le Ocean tiara debut??? :nono:

But no sign of CP Masako! :blackeye: Naruhito is on his own.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1367263907|3436837 said:
Lalla Salma of Morocco is wearing a tiara western style. I've never seen her wear one this way before without a veil. She is stunning!

Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxumbourg is wearing the tiara with the central sapphire...the name escapes me...

Isn't this a necklace on a frame? I'm pretty sure it is. Nice anyway, A first for her. And she's also wearing her wedding earrings.
At first I thought Stephanie's wearing a riviere, but in closer pics it looks like something more...elaborate. Fingers crossed that it's a weding present ;-)
Yes, Masako's not there. I guess two days in a row would've been to much for her, too stresssful. We can expect her tomorrow ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1367265056|3436853 said:
LadyMaria|1367263907|3436837 said:

Isn't this a necklace on a frame? I'm pretty sure it is. Nice anyway, A first for her. And she's also wearing her wedding earrings.(...)

The best picture se far - Lalla Salma in tiara

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1367256150|3436718 said:
TIARAS and LARGE diamonds tonight in A'dam!!!

Queen Beatrix witht the Ornate pearl tiara
Princess Maxima with the diamond bandeau, large riviere, Sturart diamond as pendant, long earrings and bracelets. Other ladies also wearing tiaras....

Hope this gallery will be updated - https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1519936

As you can see from the various photos, Maxima didn't wear the Stuart diamond tonight, which is pear-shaped, blueish and rose-cut. Rather, HRH wore the central diamond cluster from Queen Emma's diamond devant-de-corsage. A very large central stone! Worth a Queen!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The van Vollenhovens ariving in the church in day suits? Is that what I just saw?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1367314129|3437202 said:
The van Vollenhovens ariving in the church in day suits? Is that what I just saw?

I was wrong :)

New state portraits have been released today - of The King & Queen and of The King alone. The Queen (officially Queen Máxima) is wearing a Prinsjesdag dress with ruby jewels, incl. tiara.
You can see/dowload the high rez. photograts here:
Zijne Majesteit Koning Willem-Alexander
Zijne Majesteit Koning Willem-Alexander en Hare Majesteit Koningin Máxima

There are also some HQ photos from last night in Actueel

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The main guests are in white tie! Their ladies are wearing long dresses with hats! A white tie event tonight? I hope so!

ETA - The foreign royals are ariving! Long dresses and white tie with orders and decorations. Masako is there. Victoria wearing a riviere, so far the most bejewelled CPss.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The sapphire tiara by Mellerio!!! With Princess Margriet's sapphire earrings and a beautiful blue dress! Not sure about other jewels. They just left the palace.

ETA - Beatrix is very happy to see them entering the church. So nicde to see the sapphire tiara in its full glory... The Queen is also wearing a large sapphire and diamond cluster on the small ribbon of diamonds (as at her own pre-wedding dinner) TM are radiating. Looking stately, elegant. They'll make a great royal couple :)

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1367323262|3437241 said:
The sapphire tiara by Mellerio!!! With Princess Margriet's sapphire earrings and a beautiful blue dress! Not sure about other jewels. They just left the palace.

ETA - Beatrix is very happy to see them entering the church. So nicde to see the sapphire tiara in its full glory... The Queen is also wearing a large sapphire and diamond cluster on the small ribbon of diamonds (as at her own pre-wedding dinner) TM are radiating. Looking stately, elegant. They'll make a great royal couple :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE Maxima's dress and jewels!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet to see Beatrix and Mabel walking out together, their arms entwined. Mabel's dress has some interesting sleeves....errrr...sleeve. The girls look adorable in their blue dresses.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A giant bow stuck on her showlder, Maria! I bet you noticed that. Everybody must've noticed that bow... But she looked lovely. It was nice to see her arm in arm with Beatrix. There seems to be a strong bond between them. Understandable...

On another note, it las lovely to see the ladies from the new core RF all dressed in blue. Such a royal/regal colour!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1367328254|3437273 said:
A giant bow stuck on her showlder, Maria! I bet you noticed that. Everybody must've noticed that bow... But she looked lovely. It was nice to see her arm in arm with Beatrix. There seems to be a strong bond between them. Understandable...

Given what happened with Friso, I'm more inclined to give Mabel a pass on her outfits now. :saint:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Top marks to Lalla Salma...emerald green with her red hair is too die for!

Sheikha Mozah also gets a nod from me too...she even coordinated a brooch on her purse to match her necklace!

I'm happy to see CP Masako there today too!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Did you notice that the sapprie tiara had been altered? Now we miss the plumage with the fleur-de-lis and the three large diamonds in the center of the tiara. Insted there is a single stone, making the tiara have a more even line on top. Not bad, but I think there is a larger gap between the central prong and the side ones.
BTW, I believe we can speak about a nod to family history in Maxima's choice of jewels/tiara, as Queen Emma (the orriginal owner of the tiara) wore it at the inauguration of her daughter and was the first non-Queen-Regnatn to sit on the dais. Just like Maxima did today, 114 years later.

A good photo of The Queen - HM The Queen of the Netherlands

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1367328806|3437279 said:
Did you notice that the sapprie tiara had been altered? Now we miss the plumage with the fleur-de-lis and the three large diamonds in the center of the tiara. Insted there is a single stone, making the tiara have a more even line on top. Not bad, but I think there is a larger gap between the central prong and the side ones.
BTW, I believe we can speak about a nod to family history in Maxima's choice of jewels/tiara, as Queen Emma (the orriginal owner of the tiara) wore it at the inauguration of her daughter and was the first non-Queen-Regnatn to sit on the dais. Just like Maxima did today, 114 years later.

A good photo of The Queen - HM The Queen of the Netherlands

Bobby

I do think the tiara looks more even, which I like. But as you mentioned, the gaps are a little too big.

I am surprised at how big it looks! The size reminds me of Queen Fredericka's that CP Marie Chantal surprised us all with recently.

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Totally blown away by the sapphire tiara. Gorgeous!

Loved, loved, loved all the bling.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, such a wealth of glitter & beauty! I cannot think of how Maxima could have looked more regal in her electric blue. She was perfect. I LOVE the Mellerio sapphire tiara without the plumey stuff, which kept me from liking it previously. Didn't notice the gap in the diamonds until you mentioned it here & it doesn't bother me -- not as much as those sticky-uppy things did. Maybe if Maxima wants to wear it this way more frequently, she'll add a couple of diamonds.

The whole RF was marvelous -- WA kingly as can be without being haughty at all; the girls too adorable for words & SO well behaved; P. Beatrix looked still queenly & dignified & warm. I was so moved to see their obvious affection for each other throughout the day, as well as their equally obvious recognition of the gravity of the event. During the abdication signing, both Beatrix's & WA's expressions looked like, "Yow, we are really doing this!"

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
P.S. I sent my husband an email with the subject: "For My Next Birthday" and the following photo:

His response? "Dream on!!" :lol:

article-2316988-198e85a5000005dc-727_470x423.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
I also love the sapphire brooch worn by Q Maxima. Could anyone enlighten me as to it's history? Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
She combined it with the small bow brooch, which has been worn with other pendants. Dates from 2nd half of 19th century, provenance unknown.

small_bow.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
My little princess and I enjoyed watching the Dutch inauguration! And it gave me a chance to debut my new tiara at a formal event! I also purchased a new necklace and earrings for the event to complete the parure :D

dutch2.jpg

dutch1.jpg

dutch3.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Queen Maria & Princess Adorable! You're both gorgeous!

Are these new earrings for Queen Maxima? I don't recall seeing them before -- love that the centers of the flowers are different-colored stones. Worn at a concert in A'dam last night.

queen_maxima_king_willem_alexander_queen_maxima_htct1-vfwq2x.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1367841513|3441156 said:
Queen Maria & Princess Adorable! You're both gorgeous!

Are these new earrings for Queen Maxima? I don't recall seeing them before -- love that the centers of the flowers are different-colored stones. Worn at a concert in A'dam last night.

I've posted a good close-up of these earrings before. It was a PPE Agency pic.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall just departed BP for the State Opening of Parliament... I couldn't see what was on The Duchess' head and neck... Did she decide to go grand and wear the Durbar? Did she decide to surprice us with the Duchess of Teck's tiara? Or did she go as usual, with the Greville tiara? Will we see the Greville necklace too, or Queen Elizabeth's diamond riviere?
And what necklace and earrings will The Queen wear? QV's pearl and diamond jubilee necklace? The festoon necklace? QV's collet necklace and earrings.
Ahh... So many possibilities...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results