shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Greville tiara, pearl choker w/ diamond clasp and diamond cluster/floral brooch. Not much impressed, then again the previous Princess of Wales also wore diamonds and pearls, nothing to overshadow The Queen.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1367253979|3436686 said:
alexander1917|1367005772|3435151 said:
for those interessted,
the guests on right side are from r-l:

HIM the Dowager Empress Marie of Russia (black stola)
Dowager Queen Alexandra
maybe King George V
Queen Mary (white hat)

Thank you, Alexander, for this information :) A pity that there aren't photos (official ones, I mean) showing the bridal couple with Queen Alexandra and Empress Maria.
On another note, this just made re-realize what people the late Queen Elizabeth has had the pleasure of having met... Queen Alexandra, Empress Maria, Queen Maria of Romania, Princess Elena of Greece and her daughters are just a few names from the top of my head...
BTW, it was a lovely surprice to see you here again :) It's been some time....

Best,
Bobby

Thanks for your kind words.

I just remember a nice strory.
Prince Michael of Kent aked the Queen Mum about the Dowager Empress during a stay at Sandringham around her 100th BD. and the old lady smiled and said "she played that piano with her sister Queen Alexandra"... this grand piano still stands at the same spot in the Drawing Room.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It makes a very nice necklace.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
alexander1917|1368211837|3444344 said:
Thanks for your kind words.

I just remember a nice strory.
Prince Michael of Kent aked the Queen Mum about the Dowager Empress during a stay at Sandringham around her 100th BD. and the old lady smiled and said "she played that piano with her sister Queen Alexandra"... this grand piano still stands at the same spot in the Drawing Room.

A nice story that I didn't know :) Thanks for sharing it :) It would be great if we knew more such stories from our families... It seems that now I know more about royal famileis than about my own...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1368393243|3445658 said:
check out what QSylvia wore around her neck at a gala dinner in Washington DC:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aTIRwIFXH...la-reine-silvia-de-suede-diner-de-620x0-1.jpg

A lovely jewel both as necklace and tiara, yet rather difficult to wear... It's hard to imagine that this is just the second time Queen Silvia wears the tiara in its necklace form, and even more so that the first time was 25 years ago...
I wonder how the ruby tiara as necklace would look paired with an all-diamond tiara (for lack of another ruby tiara in the collection), the Braganca or Queen Sofia's diamond tiara (the 9 prongs). And don't you think Queen Silvia deserves a pair of classic drop/cluster ruby earrings to wear with this one, and not the modern ruby and diamond ones she wore?
As an aside, did you notice the nod to the US flag - blue, red and white?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1368403146|3445715 said:
BubblyBear|1368393243|3445658 said:
check out what QSylvia wore around her neck at a gala dinner in Washington DC:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aTIRwIFXH...la-reine-silvia-de-suede-diner-de-620x0-1.jpg

I think it looks better as a necklace than a tiara. It the tiara version I think the gaps between each spike are too big.

I don't think the space between the flaming hearts is The Reason why the tiara doesn't look too good when worn. For me the problem is the lack of another flaming heart (or spike, as you call them) on either side to make the tiara look more complete. Look for example Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara (often worn by Pss Elizabeth of Denmark) - it is even simpler in construction, yet the 5 elements result in a more pronounced curve, it goes more 'round the head of the wearer and doesn't look like a fancy tall fence of precious stones stuck at the front of the wearer's head...

Just my 2 cents, of course...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just spent the past half-hour or so checking out the Daily Mail pictures of the Abdication and Coronation. What fun - and so nice to have the pictures with captions in English - LOL! Thank you for posting that great link!

marrying

Rough_Rock
Trade
All jewelry was just awesome. I am the new member of this website Suggest me for Can i post my Wedding in to this Community? if Yes then How can i post my photo

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Marrying. If you want to post your wedding, the Diamond Hangout forum is the place to do that. First, click below on the "Upload attachment" tab. Click on "Browse." You will see your own computer files. Find the photo you want, then double-click it & its name will appear in the blank before the "browse" button. Click "add the file." Its filename will then appear under the post you are writing. Click "submit" & it's done.

--- Laurie

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Time to gear up for the Swedish Royal Wedding Saturday! Who's ready to play the "what tiara will the bride wear?" game/?!?!?!

I guess the obvious front runner is the Cameo tiara, but I wonder how Madeline could really make that her own. It is such an intricate and large piece that one really needs a simple wedding dress (like Silvia and Victoria did). But how can she make a simple wedding dress without it looking too similar to the aforementioned Queen and Crown Princess?

Do you think she might go with something else, like the Connaught? Maybe the Laurel Wreath as a tribute to the late Princess Lilian?

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,

Have been very busy wrapping up the end of the school year, so I have not visited lately. I would love to see Madeline wearing the Connaught tiara although I do think the Laurel would be a nice tribute to Princess Lilian who I understand was very close to the current generation. I love the Cameo because of the history associated with it, but I would prefer something else.

Also, forgive me if this has already been discussed, I need to catch up on my reading, but I remain curious about the ear rings and bracelet worn by the Duchess of Cambridge to the service at Westminister Abbey today. Other bloggers have speculated that they are a wedding gift from Prince Charles (and I know they have been worn previously by the Duchess), but I am wondering what do we factually know about them. Such a shame the jewels received as presents weren't displayed as in previous years. They are elegant and understated. I wonder if there is a matching necklace, although the Duchess doesn't seem to be partial to necklaces.

Anyway, looking forward to the wedding.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
laurensmama|1370393376|3459101 said:
Hello everyone,

Have been very busy wrapping up the end of the school year

Right there with you laurensmama! Tomorrow is our last day! WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!! :appl:

Of course, my summer in-service starts Wednesday. Yeah, teachers have the summer off... :angryfire:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
With just three days left to THE wedding of the year and with a guest list at hand, I think we can safely start the tiara guesses :razz:

I've coppied the names and titles from aftonbladet.se, that's why some are in Swedish and some in English. I'm sure you'll be able to understand who's who, especially with a Swedish royal wedding in your portfolio. My hopes/predictions are on the right, in English ;-)

Drottningen - Queen Sofia's pink tourmaline parure / the Leuchtenberg sapphires (in case Pss Madeleine doesn't wer the cameos, I hope HM does)
Kronprinsessan Victoria - The Connaght tiara, Vasa earrings and Princess Lilian's laurel tiara as necklace or the pink topaz set / the Baden fringe tiara and QV's sapphire, pearl and diamond necklace w/ earrings to match
Prinsessan Madeleine - the Cameo tiara and earrings
Prinsessan Margaretha, Mrs. Ambler - CPss Margareta's aquamarine kokoshnik / the amethyst parure
Prinsessan Birgitta - the Baden fringe tiara / a button tiara
Prinsessan Désirée, Friherrinna Silfverschiöld - her own small diamond tiara (it's lovely and don't have close-ups;-) ) / Queen Sofia's diamond tiara
Prinsessan Christina, Fru Magnuson - tricky... the Connaght if Victoria doesn't wear it, the amethysts wold also be appreciated / maybe the larger cut-steel tiara
Grevinnan Marianne Bernadotte af Wisborg & Grevinnan Gunnila Bernadotte af Wisborg - their pearl and diamond tiaras

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Part two - the foreign royal guests

DANMARK
Kronprinsessan Mary - the pearl option of the wedding tiara, the pearl, aqmarine and sapphire choker would be nice, as it would echo the colours of the ordersof the Seraphim and of the Polar Star / wedding tiara in either form
Prinsessan Marie - wedding tiara - poor dear Marie only has one...

GREKLAND - they are tricky and thus deserve a post of their own ;-)

JAPAN
Princess Takamado - her pearl and diamond sunray/fringe tiara with other jewels to match / I hope HIH wears a kimono at the dinner the night before and dazzles in jewels at the actual wedding ;-)

LUXEMBURG
Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg - Maria Teresa seems to be a generous mother-in-law... I'd love to see HRH with the scroll tiara / the larger floral tiara (worn the night of the civil wedding)

MONACO
Princess Charlene - the best event to debut the Ocean tiara / I hope HSH proves me wrong, but I'd say the aigrette

NORGE
Kronprinsessan Mette-Marit - Queen Maud's large diamond tiara / the amethyst parure
Prinsessan Märtha Louise - the smaller version of (the copy of) Queen Maud's pearl tiara / her own pearl and diamond tiara

STORBRITANNIEN
Countess of Wessex - her aquamarine and diamond tiara/necklace / anything would do - this is the lovely Sophie :razz:

TYSKLAND
Prinsessan Benedikte - Whatereve - HRH has great jewles and wears them woth aplomb; depending on how many SWB ladies attend, either the Fringe or Queen Sofia's pearl spike and star tiara (Swedish origins)
prinsessan Ursula of Bavaria & prinsessan Anna of Bavaria - Sadly they sold the only tiara they had... and the lovely amethyst demi-parure too :(((
Arvsprinsessan av Saxe-Coburg och Gotha - the turquoise parue, though I think the family still has a large diamond tiara left, so who knows...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
As I said, I think the Greek royal ladies attending deserve a post of their own...
So far we know that The Crown Princess, Princess Theodora and Princess Tatiana are going to attend... And that's a situation that's never happened before, because they're a tiara short, at least among the ones shared by the Queen and Princesses. Queen Anna Maria has restricted the use of the two parures (emeralds and rubies) to herself only and no one has worn any pieces of them in the past almost 50 years... There are a few opportunities:
1) The Crown Princess with her fringe (I'd love to see the Big Gun, but this is not an event of such scale)
Princess Theodora wearing nothing
Princess Tatiana with her wedding tiara (the antique pearl tiara)
2)Princess Theodora wearing the pearl tiara
Princess Tatiana wearing a loaner from outside the RF
3)Princess Theodora wearing the pearl tiara
Princess Tatiana wearing a new tiara, a wedding present from the Greek royals
4) Princess Theodora with the turquoise daisy bandeau from Aunt Daisy's vault (as she did last year)
Princess Tatiana wearing the pearl tiara
5)Princess Theodora wearing the pearl tiara
Princess Tatiana wearing either of the parures' tiaras (the ruby one, please!)
6)Princess Theodora wearing the pearl tiara
Princess Tatiana wearing Princess Alexia's diamond tiara
7)vice-versa
8 )Princess Theodora wearing the pearl tiara
Princess Tatiana wearing the Khedive of Egypt tiara

For me 4) is the likliest scenario, yet 5) and 6) would also be lovely to see. Of course, the sucker for more tiaras that I am, 3) would be my ideal ;-)

Best,
Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1370475206|3459730 said:
As I said, I think the Greek royal ladies attending deserve a post of their own...
So far we know that The Crown Princess, Princess Theodora and Princess Tatiana are going to attend... And that's a situation that's never happened before, because they're a tiara short, at least among the ones shared by the Queen and Princesses.

If anyone should be wearing the Greek rubies or emeralds, I would think it should it would be the Crown Princess. I don't see Princess Tatiana wearing a tiara of more importance than Marie-Chantal. I would also love to see the Big Gun on Marie-Chantal, but you're right, that is too big for the scale of the wedding.

So I'll go out on a very shaky limb and say CP Marie-Chantal in the Rubies, Princess Tatiana in the Khedive, and Princess Theordora in the Corsage.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1370524824|3460045 said:
prince.of.preslav|1370475206|3459730 said:
So far we know that The Crown Princess, Princess Theodora and Princess Tatiana are going to attend... And that's a situation that's never happened before, because they're a tiara short, at least among the ones shared by the Queen and Princesses.

If anyone should be wearing the Greek rubies or emeralds, I would think it should it would be the Crown Princess. I don't see Princess Tatiana wearing a tiara of more importance than Marie-Chantal. I would also love to see the Big Gun on Marie-Chantal, but you're right, that is too big for the scale of the wedding.

So I'll go out on a very shaky limb and say CP Marie-Chantal in the Rubies, Princess Tatiana in the Khedive, and Princess Theordora in the Corsage.

But Marie-Chantal has the sole use (al least AFA we know) of two large diamond tiaras, so I don't see her in either of the parures' tiaras for now ;-) That said, I wouldn't mind seeing her with part of the ruby parure at the dinner tomorrow ;-) I think HRH really needs to wear more historic jewels.
Tatiana in the Khedive would be nice to see - a beautiful woman in a stunning tiara (one of my all time favs and it's Cartier :love: ) I really hope that if she gets to wear the base would be covered (or removed, if possible)! Remember what we saw at Princess Nathalie's wedding...

And it's almost 36 hours to the wedding!!! And before that there's the pre-wedding dinner!!! I'll be wathing. Anybody else?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1370564626|3460526 said:
And it's almost 36 hours to the wedding!!! And before that there's the pre-wedding dinner!!! I'll be wathing. Anybody else?

ME ME ME!!!!! *waves hand and jumps up and down* :wavey:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
How about this option? Princess Theodora surprises us all and shows up in a new tiara purchased for her! Seriously, her older sister Alexia got a tiara for her 18th birthday. Theodora is long overdue for her present!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1370570688|3460617 said:
prince.of.preslav|1370564626|3460526 said:

ME ME ME!!!!! *waves hand and jumps up and down* :wavey:

And you'll be wearing a tiara, too! Have you already settled on one?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Twendy one hours left (!) and now we have a guest list - http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18.4ea495e313c19c119aa6c0f/130608_gastlista_vigsel.pdf

Only a Savoy-Aosta princess is missing from what had previously been relesed on-line. And it appears that no Berleburg cousins would be present... Also, whoever made the lise clearly lacks any clue about precedence - just look at the section with the Greek royals. And Luxembourg will be represented by The Hereditary coule AND Prince Guillaume och Princess Stéphanie - i.e. the same couple is listed twice with different styles... *Sigh*

Lets hope the if the Royal Court provides info about the jewels worn, it won't be mess, like at CPss Victoria's wedding...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1370570903|3460620 said:
How about this option? Princess Theodora surprises us all and shows up in a new tiara purchased for her! Seriously, her older sister Alexia got a tiara for her 18th birthday. Theodora is long overdue for her present!

Haha! Maybe... I remeber an episode of The Bold & The Beautiful with a pre-wedding/wedding banquet for one of the Forester-Logan weddings and there was a bunch of "royals and nobles" with tiaras and orders. Maybe Theodora Greece might use her tiara (if she gets one; a H actress needs a nice collier more than a tiara, IMO) for another wedding (her own?) on the set :razz:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1370618596|3460898 said:
quote]

And you'll be wearing a tiara, too! Have you already settled on one?

School let out yesterday and today is our workday. I am wearing my Countess of Cakes Tiara while cleaning up my classroom and waiting to see pictures start rolling in from the pre-wedding dinner. I chose that one since I can wear it like a jeweled headband and not too crazy since I'm still cleaning up my classroom.

I'm still debating which one to wear for the wedding tomorrow...decisions decisions :D

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Watching a feed from the pre-wedding dinner guests arriving...no tiaras :blackeye:

I managed to snap a picture just as Princess Madeline and her fiancée stepped out on a balcony at the hotel. Yes, I'm apparently over dressed with my tiara.

_6937.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I apologize if anyone got vertigo from my previous post. I'm not sure why it posted sideways.

One other thought on tiaras for tomorrow...if I do not see a Le Ocean tiara debut tomorrow you will hear a loud scream in Texas. I will then give up on Charlene as a hopeless jewelphobe. :mad:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The firs tiaras are cler -
Elizabeth II's smaller aquamarine tiara for Sophie Wessex
The Midnight tiara for Mary
Pss Dagmar's floral tiara for Marie
The fringe for Marie-Chantal
The pearl tiara for Tatiana
PSS Alexia's diamond tiara for Theodora
The turquoise parure for Kelly (Saxen-Coburg & Gotha)
Queen Sofia's star and pearl spike tiara for Princess Benedikte
Two of the groom's sisters are alos wearing tiaras (at least one looks like a aCartier piece :love: )

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Edit re: Kelly von Sachen-Coburg und Gotha - it's just the tiara
From Norway we can admire the amethyst tiara, earrings and bracelets on Mette-Marit (HRH's wearing a stole, so she might be wearing the necklace too) and the smaller setting of the pearl tiara on Martha-Louise with a new sapphire necklace (and normal a Princessy dress)

Edit - The Princess of Monaco isn't wearing a tiara... Not even big earrings... Studs at best...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results