shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
Yay! Queen Mathilde wearing -at least the smallest setting of- the Nine Provinces Tiara!
Our hopes came true, Lady Maria! :D

I was thinking about the Duchess of Cambridge's "push present". I know it probably won't happen because of it's connection to Diana, but perhaps Kate might be given/loaned the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara? Princess Augusta's grandson Prince Adolphus Frederick was born the same day as the new Prince of Cambridge. And we all know that Augusta's tiara was the inspiration for the Lover's Knot....

the-1913-version-of-the-cambridge-lovers-knot-tiara-with-the-spikes-removed.jpg

1069124_10151476104467161_569861960_n.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunshine996|1373845803|3482980 said:
And I know this isn't really jewelry related, but who will replace Philippe and Mathilde for going to weddings/coronations/other events?

It's funny, but I remembered your question while I was reading about the Belgian coronation, sunshine, and I found this.

"Princess Astrid, who is Philippe's sister, will take on some of the duties previously conducted by the prince and his wife, Princess Mathilde. International trips to Angola, South Africa, India and Russie promoting Belgian trade will now be Astrid's responsibility and she will receive a salary of €320,000.

Prince Laurent of Belguim, Astrid and Philippe's brother, will be paid €307,000 and will similarly undertake engagements on behalf of the Belgian royal family.

The salary changes will be put into place when Philippe's investiture on Sunday, which is the country's national day."

That blurb may take a little of the magic out of it, but it is certainly informative!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
AGBF|1374547620|3488194 said:
sunshine996|1373845803|3482980 said:
And I know this isn't really jewelry related, but who will replace Philippe and Mathilde for going to weddings/coronations/other events?

It's funny, but I remembered your question while I was reading about the Belgian coronation, sunshine, and I found this.

"Princess Astrid, who is Philippe's sister, will take on some of the duties previously conducted by the prince and his wife, Princess Mathilde. International trips to Angola, South Africa, India and Russie promoting Belgian trade will now be Astrid's responsibility and she will receive a salary of €320,000.

Prince Laurent of Belguim, Astrid and Philippe's brother, will be paid €307,000 and will similarly undertake engagements on behalf of the Belgian royal family.

The salary changes will be put into place when Philippe's investiture on Sunday, which is the country's national day."

That blurb may take a little of the magic out of it, but it is certainly informative!

Deb/AGBF

Thanks for sharing Deb! :) I suppose Elisabeth will take over the economic events/other engagements when she comes of age.

And that means more tiara events for Claire!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1374537058|3488058 said:
Did you see entertainmentwise's prediction that William will commission a parure for Kate, including tiara, earrings, etc? It is mentioned on PS's blog.

Sorry, I think there is no way that would happen:

1- Economic crisis, folk! The general public would not be happy with this, when there is already a huge jewelry collection in the family and even considering that it would be paid for using their private funds
2- It is completely out of line with the family tradition of much more modest gifts (even though they are completely awesome by our standards!)
3- I very much doubt anyone would wear a modern set for their own crowning, when there is a ton of historically significant pieces in the collection. One or two pieces, sure, but not the whole set

Agreed, this won't happen. I still think for theae early years she will stick with the Cartier Halo Scroll tiara she wore for her wedding. Remember she had the earrings from her parents that were designed to match the motifs on the tiara. As thrifty as Catherine is, I don't see her going through all that trouble to match the earrings and tiara and then never wear it again.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Since the new prince was born in July, perhaps Catherine should get a ruby gift? Maybe the Queen could give her this brooch

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-brooch-grima-ruby.html?m=1

I don't really care for it, but it does have a more modern twist to it that might be more Catherine's atyle. The Queen doesn't wear it that often and she's got plenty more to choose from! ;-)

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody willing to take a guess at the name!

I'll throw out Richard Charles Arthur Francis

Richard: good royal name that hasn't been used in awhile
Charles: from the Prince of Wales
Arthur: it is one of William's names
Francis: from Diana's middle name and it is Micheal Middleton's middle name

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1374631571|3488903 said:
Anybody willing to take a guess at the name!

I'll throw out Richard Charles Arthur Francis

Richard: good royal name that hasn't been used in awhile
Charles: from the Prince of Wales
Arthur: it is one of William's names
Francis: from Diana's middle name and it is Micheal Middleton's middle name

I looked up "Francis" and thought that it would only be too Scottish if teamed with "James". I have read that some people think "James" would be a good choice since the Scots are to vote on independence and choosing, "James" would be a gesture to them. (I am not sure how much they care about the name of Prince William's son, however!) I am not sure how likely your choices are, but they certainly are not bizarre. All are royal and seem possible.

Deb
:wavey:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The name is George Alexander Louis.

I missed them all, but I like their choice.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm disappointed with George. Yuck. I was kind of hoping for James.

I agree, no parure likely -- in fact, very unlikely. If William gives her jewelry, it will probably be something small, since she doesn't wear large pieces. Maybe another pair of earrings? Or possibly a ring, like maybe an eternity ring. Rubies make sense if she likes them.

--- Laurie

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
I like the name Alexander, maybe he will go by that until he becomes King one day. ;-)

I hope the Duchess of Cambridge will at least get some type of jewelry at least a ring, a charm bracelet, small brooch, a small necklace, or a pair of earrings.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Catherine will get something sparkly I have no doubt. Even us common folk will do jewelry for a push present. I recieved a three stone tanzanite ring when my Crown Prince was born (12 years ago) and a diamond band that fits under it when my little princess was born (5 years ago).

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
LadyMaria|1374582329|3488392 said:
Since the new prince was born in July, perhaps Catherine should get a ruby gift? Maybe the Queen could give her this brooch

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-brooch-grima-ruby.html?m=1

I don't really care for it, but it does have a more modern twist to it that might be more Catherine's atyle. The Queen doesn't wear it that often and she's got plenty more to choose from! ;-)

Well, I wouldn't turn it down if the Queen gave it to me, but it could sure use some re-working.

Gabriellehb

Rough_Rock
I thought that he'd be named George Michael seeing as he took a long time to come out like the other George Michael :lol:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Gabriellehb|1374747540|3489812 said:
I thought that he'd be named George Michael seeing as he took a long time to come out like the other George Michael :lol:

Ha! For another 80's comparison (yeah, I'm admitting I'm old here) one could also call him Boy George! :lol:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know, but I think the blue color looked great on Charlene and I was very VERY pleased to see some serious earrings after her horrendous jewel-less appearance at Princess Madeline's wedding.

When I first saw this I thought that Le Ocean *sigh* would have looked great as a necklace with this, but the more I look at the more I think the blues would have clashed. Le Ocean, poor neglected piece, has sapphires with more of a royal blue to light blue color, but not turquoise.

I would post a picture, but I have had a very difficult time getting pictures to post lately. I am constantly getting a server busy message :((

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There were several articles on-line in the past few days rife with speculation about what present the Duke of Cambridge would give the Duchess to celebrate the birth of Prince George. Since we have been speculating about the same subject for a long time, I thought I would reprint an excerpt of what the media is currently saying. I have no idea whether it is reliable!

"Now that Prince William and Kate Middleton have officially registered the birth of son Prince George, it's time to settle into their new roles as proud parents.

And we're speculating that with this exciting new chapter comes a posh present from the doting daddy to his beloved wife.

While we're still anxiously awaiting any confirmed details of what Will might gift his gorgeous baby mama any day now, we're guessing that it's going to be something extraordinarily special and sparkly.

...​

That's right, according to the Daily Express, the Duke of Cambridge has enlisted the help of the Queen's jewelers and is rumored to be giving his ladylove a brooch with a pink diamond.

...​

This token of affection is a departure from the engraved gold medallion that Prince Charles gave Princess Diana back when William was born, and it feels like a classy and modern move by the 31-year-old royal.

...​

Furthermore, since we know that Kate favors elegant and classic pieces, we think this might be the loveliest new addition to her jewelry collection!

A pink diamond certainly exudes a feminine radiance to it, making for the perfect memento to celebrate this incredible occasion.

Additionally, the gem holds special significance in the royal family given that Queen Elizabeth II owns one of the finest uncut pink diamonds in the world, a wedding gift from an esteemed Canadian geologist.

...​

'William has been giving this a lot of thought for a long time,' a source close to Prince William told the publication. 'He's got lots of ideas from studying history of art at university and decided on a pink diamond as a centerpiece because it is pretty and feminine. It will be a thank you present to Kate.'"

AGBF

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does the writer have no idea of the meaning of words? Ladylove is an euphemism for a mistress, not a dear wife!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1376243490|3500831 said:
Does the writer have no idea of the meaning of words? Ladylove is an euphemism for a mistress, not a dear wife!

The writer is clearly not very cultured. He also uses the term, "baby mama" which, I believe, is reserved for the mothers of children born to women and the men they have not married. And I believe it is safe to say that referring to the Duchess as Kate Middleton is a ship that has passed.

Deb

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm jealous. A pink diamond, oh my gosh. I'm soooooo jealous! :mrgreen: :Up_to_something:

I agree, Deb -- it makes me grind my teeth when the press refers to Kate Middleton, just as it did after umpteen years when they wrote, "Lady Diana." Laziness.

No idea who made Charlene's earrings, but I HOPE HOPE HOPE it's the beginning of a new look for her. My god, color -- beautiful color -- and jewels. She looks wonderful & grown up, for once. Keep it up, girl!

--- Laurie

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
How DARE that writer refer to the Duchess of Cambridge as a "baby mama"! :angryfire: Kim Kartrashian (for whom I have zero to no respect for) is a baby mama...knocked up by an equally classless twit while getting out of her 72 day marriage. To call the Duchess the same thing as a tramp is nearly blasphemy IMHO.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1376330436|3501489 said:
How DARE that writer refer to the Duchess of Cambridge as a "baby mama"! :angryfire: Kim Kartrashian (for whom I have zero to no respect for) is a baby mama...knocked up by an equally classless twit while getting out of her 72 day marriage. To call the Duchess the same thing as a tramp is nearly blasphemy IMHO.

I know what you mean. I have very negative feelings about the woman you named (and I do not mean The Duchess of Cambridge). However, I also never want to see western civilization revert back to old days when children born out-of-wedlock were referred to as, "illegitimate" as if they were not real children with real human rights! My fear of seeing that happen makes me loathe to speak out too loudly against what I might otherwise see as a negative for society. In my opinion, the rights of the child should be paramount.

I do, however, feel your pain about how rudely the Duchess is treated in print. (And, by the way, I meant to say, "that ship has sailed"-not "passed"-above.)

AGBF

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RIP Prince Friso. :(sad

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1376336220|3501549 said:

Oh, no! I hadn't heard the news! I will have to go read about it. I am so sorry.

Deb

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1376254777|3500940 said:
No idea who made Charlene's earrings, but I HOPE HOPE HOPE it's the beginning of a new look for her. My god, color -- beautiful color -- and jewels. She looks wonderful & grown up, for once. Keep it up, girl!

--- Laurie

Agreed, Charlene looked really good! How can the girl not see that she looks best in bright, vibrant colors and not blergh? How can the girl not see that jewels finish the outfit? This is the closest she's looked like a princess in a loooooooong time! Jumpy claps! :appl:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2013080313931/princess-charlene-monaco-red-cross-ball/

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1376339821|3501596 said:

Oh, no! I hadn't heard the news! I will have to go read about it. I am so sorry.

Deb

Yes, it is very sad that he succumbed to his injuries. I feel so bad for Mabel and the girls. The picture of Beatrix, Mabel, and Willem-Alexander in the following article still haunts me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2390111/Prince-Friso-dies-18-months-buried-avalanche-skiing.html

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LadyMaria|1376343663|3501636 said:
AGBF|1376339821|3501596 said:

Deb

Yes, it is very sad that he succumbed to his injuries. I feel so bad for Mabel and the girls. The picture of Beatrix, Mabel, and Willem-Alexander in the following article still haunts me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2390111/Prince-Friso-dies-18-months-buried-avalanche-skiing.html

I am sorry and I feel for the family.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1376247489|3500872 said:
Lady_Disdain|1376243490|3500831 said:

The writer is clearly not very cultured. He also uses the term, "baby mama" which, I believe, is reserved for the mothers of children born to women and the men they have not married. And I believe it is safe to say that referring to the Duchess as Kate Middleton is a ship that has passed.

Deb

I think she will be called Kate Middleton to the end. But at least she is in the company of Grace, princess of Monaco who still gets called Grace Kelly everywhere (I do understand using it in reference to her acting career, as it was her name then).

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1374529868|3487981 said:
She hardly wears any jewelry anyhow -- it's probably of more interest to us than to her! ;(

--- Laurie

Laurie, has the Dutchess worn a tiara after her wedding day, even once? I don't remember it. I feel they're going too far in the "just another middle class family) direction" but that's just me.

Danny

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1376493511|3502810 said:
JewelFreak|1374529868|3487981 said:
She hardly wears any jewelry anyhow -- it's probably of more interest to us than to her! ;(

Laurie, has the Dutchess worn a tiara after her wedding day, even once? I don't remember it. I feel they're going too far in the "just another middle class family) direction" but that's just me.

Do you mean that The Duchess and Prince William have not been invited to enough "tiara" events, Danny? Or do you mean that she has dressed down as has Princess Charlene? I am not sure at whom the criticism is being directed: the British government for the role it is assigning the younger royals at this time or the Duchess, herself, for her style.

Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results