shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would if I had any. Is there a picture of you wearing both? I''ll bet it looks tres chic.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/15/2009 8:04:14 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date:
3/14/2009 6:34:59 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date:
3/14/2009 5:25:46 PM
Author: Harriet
Deb,
Bergdorf does carry Buccellati, albeit not online. Now, how do I persuade the other half to let me ggoble up the points? ;-)
HI:

Oh I suspect you'll find a way!
9.gif
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon
Yes please find a way. At least we can live through you. I am wanting their bracelets so badly. But thanks to Diamondfan I have some inspired pieces to hold me over.
2.gif

This has gotten too hard for me to follow! Please! Lisa...be more explicit! For what kind of "inspired" pieces do you have Diamondfan to thank? Are they Buccellati pieces? I didn't know that she owned any! And if she does and has been holding out on us I do not take it kindly! She owes it to us to have been posting them in this thread!

Please explain!!!

AGBF
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 10:59:18 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
3/15/2009 8:04:14 PM

Date:
3/14/2009 6:34:59 PM

Date:
3/14/2009 5:25:46 PM
Author: Harriet
Deb,
Bergdorf does carry Buccellati, albeit not online. Now, how do I persuade the other half to let me ggoble up the points? ;-)
HI:

Oh I suspect you''ll find a way!
9.gif
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon
Yes please find a way. At least we can live through you. I am wanting their bracelets so badly. But thanks to Diamondfan I have some inspired pieces to hold me over.
2.gif

This has gotten too hard for me to follow! Please! Lisa...be more explicit! For what kind of ''inspired'' pieces do you have Diamondfan to thank? Are they Buccellati pieces? I didn''t know that she owned any! And if she does and has been holding out on us I do not take it kindly! She owes it to us to have been posting them in this thread!

Please explain!!!

AGBF
34.gif
Oh such pressure..
3.gif
LOL. Ok I bought two diamond bangle bracelets that are Buccellati inspired. One in yellow gold one in rose gold. Diamondfan was with me when I bought them. She was the one that took me to this special store and have been a fan of them ever since. My rose gold diamond bangle was posted in a thread where Diamondfan and I posted a bunch of our stuff. The bangle is perfection through and through. They didn''t skimp on anything... But yes one day Buccellati, here I come....
5.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/17/2009 11:36:38 PM

Oh such pressure..
3.gif
LOL. Ok I bought two diamond bangle bracelets that are Buccellati inspired. One in yellow gold one in rose gold. Diamondfan was with me when I bought them. She was the one that took me to this special store and have been a fan of them ever since. My rose gold diamond bangle was posted in a thread where Diamondfan and I posted a bunch of our stuff. The bangle is perfection through and through. They didn't skimp on anything... But yes one day Buccellati, here I come....
5.gif

Well, if it takes pressure to make you spit out the information, Lisa (how inelegant that sounds!), I will apply pressure! I will do it for the good of gold lovers on Pricescope ;-).

Where is this thread (which I absolutely must see) and where is this store (where we should probably have a get together for members of the gold thread!)?

Buccellati may be about to see you, but they will not be seeing me in the near future, so Buccellati-inspired pieces (especially ones that are well done) would be most welcome!!!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa? I know this thread may not draw your attention, but I don't want to have to start a thread in Hangout just to to get your attention, either. It seems so over the top! I would really like an answer to my question as to where one finds variations on Buccellati jewelry. Someday I will pay off Jim Grunberger, you know ;-). (I am referring to the money I owe him for a seven strand 18K gold bracelet with pearls!)

AGBF
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Some new earrings--have been searching for some nice rose gold earrings for a while. 18K. From a local vendor.

pink goodness.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...more

pink goodness2.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...these earrings are not "branded" but I did see some marvellous Breuning earrings--there was one particular pair of rose gold earrings that were textured and very lovely--but little small for my taste. Here is a linky to that company......

http://www.breuning.de/english/interface.html

cheers--Sharon

pink goodness3.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While looking for those rose gold earrings, I also tried on some Valente yellow quartz/diam/ruby earrings--2DIE4--I had a difficult time leaving without them. Here is the website--but no picture of the earrings unfortunately--they made my heart pound!

http://www.valentemilano.com/english/mainsite_eng.htm

More Italian gold to love!

cheers--Sharon

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 8:34:25 PM
...these earrings are not ''branded'' but I did see some marvellous Breuning earrings--there was one particular pair of rose gold earrings that were textured and very lovely--but little small for my taste. Here is a linky to that company......

cheers--Sharon
Beautiful. Lovely color; simple yet stunning.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 9:32:53 PM
Author: HollyS

...these earrings are not ''branded'' but I did see some marvellous Breuning earrings--there was one particular pair of rose gold earrings that were textured and very lovely--but little small for my taste. Here is a linky to that company......

cheers--Sharon
HI:

Thank you Holly. The last pics gives a feel for the subtle rose hue. There will be no need to wear a necklace with these--the high polish is "enough".

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

cheers--Sharon
I agree!! Love them Sharon!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great earrings!

mz

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 9:59:32 PM
Author: hlmr

cheers--Sharon
I agree!! Love them Sharon!
HI:

Heather!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 9:59:46 PM
Author: movie zombie
great earrings!

mz
HI:

Always good to see you MZ.....

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Sharon! I saw and admired the earrings yesterday but had no time to post, saying so, before I was rudely yanked away from the computer! I fear today may be a similar day. (My washing machine broke down a week or so ago and today a new one is being delivered.) So I quickly wanted to say that I love the earrings and I love rose gold, even if I don't say it eloquently!

AGBF
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 2:44:00 PM
Author: AGBF
Hi, Sharon! I saw and admired the earrings yesterday but had no time to post, saying so, before I was rudely yanked away from the computer! I fear today may be a similar day. (My washing machine broke down a week or so ago and today a new one is being delivered.) So I quickly wanted to say that I love the earrings and I love rose gold, even if I don''t say it eloquently!

AGBF
34.gif
HI:

Deb--good luck with the laundry! Thanks for checking in--I am happy you are well...

cheers--Sharon

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I got a new Yossi Harari necklace, but my camera is mia
33.gif

I know "worthless without pictures!"
I will keep looking! But I love it!
Stay tuned...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
4/1/2009 7:17:59 PM
Author: iluvcarats

I got a new Yossi Harari necklace, but my camera is mia

I bet you could find a picture of it on-line if you looked! Give it a try! Many sites have photos of the Yossi Harari jewelry they carry or of celebrities wearing it, etcetera!

AGBF
34.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Found the camera.
It is the Sara pendant, and has blue topaz, sapphires, rose cut diamonds, tanzanite and moonstone.
I really love it
30.gif

yossi001.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 8:36:28 PM
Found the camera.
It is the Sara pendant, and has blue topaz, sapphires, rose cut diamonds, tanzanite and moonstone.
I really love it
30.gif
HI:

Really marvellous!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Sharon!
It is my first Yossi, and I feel so special wearing it!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found the camera.
I really love it
30.gif
well done!

mz

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, I love the subtlety of the rose colour.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found the camera.
I really love it
30.gif
That''s a fantastic piece. I love it too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon,
Your earrings are very substantial and with the high polish, certainly stand out! Lovely piece.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
4/1/2009 10:53:02 AM

On a rose gold kick--tell me what you think. I''d be wearing this on my LH. MY DH has one in white gold (4 bands total) and adores it.

http://shop.bulgari.com/bulgari/us/product/product.jsp?prod=AN852422

Hi, Sharon! I tried to find a photo of the ring in Google Images that I could post here so that people could see the ring more easily, but there wasn''t one available. I love it. I love pink gold in general. In fact, it made me wonder if Bulgari made rose gold cufflinks and, if they did, whether my husband could wear them. (I have been on a cufflink hunt lately...I wanted to get him one nice pair. I had been thinking of a pair of 18K [or higher] yellow gold coin type cufflinks if I could find the right pair, but I had not found them yet.) I don''t know if rose gold would look right in business. Probably not :(.

AGBF
34.gif

clop

Shiny_Rock
Hiya!

What beautiful jewelry everyone has! I admittedly haven''t looked though all 25 pages yet, but was wondering if anyone has recommendations for 24k jewelry that''s not too expensive.

I''m helping my best friend look for wedding jewelry. As a nod to her Taiwanese heritage, she''d like to wear gold necklaces/bracelets/earrings on her wedding day. Her style is a bit blingtastic :) She asked if I''d go with her to NYC Chinatown, but I don''t know which stores to go to. I told her to ask her relatives in Taiwan to send some over - but I wonder if that is the best way to go.

Thank you for your help! Apologies in advance if all the requested info was already posted in this thread. I clicked on some vendor links in the first few pages of this thread, but they are no longer in service.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Please forgive me for the mini-thread hijack, but I need advice from the prospective of gold enthusiasts, and this is the thread for gold enthusiasts.

I'm buying a solid band that's available in 18kt gold and platinum. The platinum alloy is ruthenium. They're both the same quality ring, the same ring, as I said.

I have gone back and forth about whether I like gold or not, whether I want gold or not, and whether I want platinum or not.
38.gif

I can choose ONE.

So, gold and jewelry experts, my question is what do you think of the FINISH of gold vs. platinum?

I want to know what the ring is going to look like in 5+ years and how much am I going to be able to bring it back as closely as possible to its original finish.

I want to run my current thinking by you and please tell me what you think.

I'm concerned that since platinum develops a patina (the molecules being moved around instead of worn off) if I get platinum, it's going to a) not shine and then b) I'll have to have someone polish it- and I wonder if polishing it will move the molecules around so that the shape of the original ring doesn't stay, if that makes sense.

I'm thinking that a) gold holds its finish better and b) I could polish it myself.

My #1 concern in choosing between them is the finish. Long story short, I don't like scratches (yes, I know everything scratches), and over a period of time, I don't want the ring to not shine. That is the thing I think is more important to me (more important than weight, more important than the choice of yellow or white).

I've thought about this a lot to narrow it down this far. But I have to make a decision.
40.gif

Please help! Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results