Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 4:31:39 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
3/4/2009 12:56:51 PM

Today I am wearing my Gurhan 24K hoop earrings each of which has a large South Sea pearl dangling from it.

These earrings were pictured earlier in the thread, but there is so much in this thread that I thought I would repost the picture!

Deborah
34.gif

Oh, those are sooooo very me! Gorgeous!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 4:33:21 PM
And thanks, Harriet!

Deb
34.gif
I'm living the high K gold life vicariously through Sharon and yourself.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring by Elizabeth Ryle was posted in another Pricescope thread within the past few days. At the moment I do not even recall in which section of Pricescope. I know that I wanted to be sure to post a photo of it in this thread, however, so that we could keep it for our archives. I think that it is simply spectacular. I would have been very happy to have this as my engagement ring had we been able to afford this when I was getting married! I do not think that I would ever have tired of it or grown out of it!

AGBF
34.gif

ElizabethRyleAtClayPot.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly, I was on a site called, "The Clay Pot" to which I was introduced recently by the poster who showed me the Elizabeth Ryle ring I posted above (and with which I fell in love). While browsing the site (which is chock full of absolutely beautiful high karat gold, ladies!!!) I saw this bracelet. Now, strictly speaking, it isn't really gold. The description painstakingly makes clear that it is lemon quartz. Two pieces of lemon quartz are covered in 24K gold foil and the clasp is 18K gold. (The reason I found the bracelet is that I did a search for 24K gold and that gold foil brought this bracelet into the purview of my search!)

However, I couldn't help but notice that the designer of the bracelet was Israeli and had a name that began with an "N". So I went back to one of your old postings, Holly. Is this the designer to whom you were referring in the posting below? Her name is Nava Zahavi.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

Date:
2/23/2009 7:09:43 PM
Author: HollyS

Deb, there's an Israeli woman jeweler, makes her own designs, that I'm trying to remember by name -- would you know who I'm thinking of? She's probably in her 60s or 70s, at least she looks that age. I think her first name begins with an 'N'. . . . . .

I love her designs, and can afford nothing, of course.

NavaZahaviLemonQuartz.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, Sharon,
I just realised that my credit card points are redeemable at Bergdorf''s, which carries ...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:08:37 PM

Holly, I was on a site called, ''The Clay Pot'' to which I was introduced recently by the poster who showed me the Elizabeth Ryle ring I posted above (and with which I fell in love). While browsing the site (which is chock full of absolutely beautiful high karat gold, ladies!!!) I saw this bracelet. Now, strictly speaking, it isn''t really gold. The description painstakingly makes clear that it is lemon quartz. Two pieces of lemon quartz are covered in 24K gold foil and the clasp is 18K gold. (The reason I found the bracelet is that I did a search for 24K gold and that gold foil brought this bracelet into the purview of my search!)

However, I couldn''t help but notice that the designer of the bracelet was Israeli and had a name that began with an ''N''. So I went back to one of your old postings, Holly. Is this the designer to whom you were referring in the posting below? Her name is Nava Zahavi.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

Date:

Deb, there''s an Israeli woman jeweler, makes her own designs, that I''m trying to remember by name -- would you know who I''m thinking of? She''s probably in her 60s or 70s, at least she looks that age. I think her first name begins with an ''N''. . . . . .

Maybe so. . . . hmmm. She worked with chunky gems, not too overly faceted, lots of 24K gold, very artisan stuff but really well made. She used to be featured on ylang23, but she''s not there anymore.

I love the ring!!! Simple, yet stunning; and doesn''t look like you could date it from its design.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/13/2009 7:44:34 PM
Author: Harriet

I just realised that my credit card points are redeemable at Bergdorf''s, which carries ...

Wait a minute...this was a trick question! I was so sure that the answer had to be Buccellati, because I was thinking of what designer''s work you would purchase with cash, that I was mystified to find that the only Buccellati carried by Bergdorff''s was sterling silver napkin rings! Now I see that you are going to be getting jewelry for "points"! No cash required! So I see that the answer could be Gurhan or Yossi Harrari or Roberto Coin or any one of our favorite jewelry designers. Bergdorff''s carries all of their lines! If I had to guess, I''d guess Gurhan ;-).

Are you looking at a specific piece, Harriet dear?

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/14/2009 12:25:02 AM

Maybe so. . . . hmmm. She worked with chunky gems, not too overly faceted, lots of 24K gold, very artisan stuff but really well made.

Holly, from what I have seen of her work, the above description of her work sounds like she. I think we have identified the mystery Israeli jewelry designer although your senility is making it hard for us to know if we have ;-).

PS-Please, no one get mad at me. I am older and much more senile than Holly and I am just kidding!

AGBF
34.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
YipYip! I just bought my first high karat gold piece! 22k with a golden South Sea pearl--a pendant, so not a ton of gold, but I''m really excited. I''m really crazy about yg these days--it''s taken over my regular jewelry lusts!

I''ll post pics when it arrives!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Deb, I''m convinced, after looking at her website, she IS my allusive Israeli designer! Thanks for finding her.
2.gif

She was making ''Statement Necklaces'' long before the average fashionista was wearing them. If you ever see a photo of her, you''ll be able to tell that she designs what she loves and would wear. She appears to have a very dramatic personality -- someone who can easily wear the jewelry instead of the jewelry wearing her! That must be why I stick to smaller pieces; I''m a quiet soul with a contemplative nature. ATW notwithstanding.
3.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/14/2009 2:31:45 PM

Deb, I'm convinced, after looking at her website, she IS my allusive Israeli designer! Thanks for finding her.
2.gif

She was making 'Statement Necklaces' long before the average fashionista was wearing them. If you ever see a photo of her, you'll be able to tell that she designs what she loves and would wear. She appears to have a very dramatic personality -- someone who can easily wear the jewelry instead of the jewelry wearing her! That must be why I stick to smaller pieces; I'm a quiet soul with a contemplative nature. ATW notwithstanding.
3.gif

I'm glad we found her, Holly! It wouldn't do for the members of the gold thread all to be wandering around unable to locate a designer who works in 24K gold!

I see the side of you that loves delicate jewelry when I see your appreciation of Jude Frances; Cathy Carmendy; and Lucie Campbell. You also sometimes walk on the wild side with Gurhan and Nava Zahavi, however! Their work is big and bold!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/14/2009 2:16:59 PM
Author: coatimundi

I'll post pics when it arrives!

Indeed you will! Or you will never be allowed to show your face here again! I almost blew a fuse because there wasn't a photo in this thread today until I reread your posting and saw that the piece had not yet arrived. I decided that this time I would let you off the hook ;-).

PS-Are we still looking at 24K gold for your mother's 60th? I saw some more 24K rings (some with diamonds) on The Clay Pot website, but I didn't want to overwhelm, you! For a while I was posting sites faster than you could take them in, I think!

AGBF
34.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 3:01:37 PM

Date:
3/14/2009 2:16:59 PM

Author: coatimundi

I'll post pics when it arrives!

Indeed you will! Or you will never be allowed to show your face here again! I almost blew a fuse because there wasn't a photo in this thread today until I reread your posting and saw that the piece had not yet arrived. I decided that this time I would let you off the hook ;-).

PS-Are we still looking at 24K gold for your mother's 60th? I saw some more 24K rings (some with diamonds) on The Clay Pot website, but I didn't want to overwhelm, you! For a while I was posting sites faster than you could take them in, I think!

AGBF

34.gif

haha! I will post a pic for sure when it arrives!
9.gif

oooo I love The Clay Pot. I'll go over there and have a look. I am still looking for my mom, but my dad has not gotten back to me about certain styles. He's supposed to be subtly quizzing her on what look she prefers--hammered, smooth, sandblasted, etc. So, I'm waiting...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb,
Bergdorf does carry Buccellati, albeit not online. Now, how do I persuade the other half to let me ggoble up the points? ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 5:25:46 PM
Deb,
Bergdorf does carry Buccellati, albeit not online. Now, how do I persuade the other half to let me ggoble up the points? ;-)
HI:

Oh I suspect you''ll find a way!
9.gif
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 11:08:37 PM

Holly, I was on a site called, ''The Clay Pot'' to which I was introduced recently by the poster who showed me the Elizabeth Ryle ring I posted above (and with which I fell in love). While browsing the site (which is chock full of absolutely beautiful high karat gold, ladies!!!) I saw this bracelet. Now, strictly speaking, it isn''t really gold. The description painstakingly makes clear that it is lemon quartz. Two pieces of lemon quartz are covered in 24K gold foil and the clasp is 18K gold. (The reason I found the bracelet is that I did a search for 24K gold and that gold foil brought this bracelet into the purview of my search!)

However, I couldn''t help but notice that the designer of the bracelet was Israeli and had a name that began with an ''N''. So I went back to one of your old postings, Holly. Is this the designer to whom you were referring in the posting below? Her name is Nava Zahavi.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

Date:

Deb, there''s an Israeli woman jeweler, makes her own designs, that I''m trying to remember by name -- would you know who I''m thinking of? She''s probably in her 60s or 70s, at least she looks that age. I think her first name begins with an ''N''. . . . . .

HI:

Very neat bracelet. I could wear several of those at one time.... You''re good, Deb!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/14/2009 6:36:34 PM
Author: canuk-gal

You''re good, Deb!

You know, since the Internet came out, I have become pretty good, Sharon! It is made for would-be researchers who couldn''t make it in academia, I think! And that is what I am...a frustrated researcher!

AGBF
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 6:34:59 PM

Deb,
HI:

9.gif
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, I''m a newly-wed. Any tips?
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 11:28:29 PM

Deb,
HI:

9.gif
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, I''m a newly-wed. Any tips?
2.gif
I suspect as a newly wed, it''s even easier - no tips needed but I can''t suggest a rated suggestion online now, can I?
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure Dancing Fire will.
9.gif

On a serious note, I don't ask for jewellery as a reward. We either agree to buy it or I get it as a gift (not as part of a deal).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 3:10:02 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 3/14/2009 11:28:29 PM

Deb,
HI:

Oh I suspect you'll find a way!
9.gif
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, I'm a newly-wed. Any tips?
2.gif
I suspect as a newly wed, it's even easier - no tips needed but I can't suggest a rated suggestion online now, can I?
31.gif
HI:

Phooey--married 23 years and I was hopin for a tidbit or two........
3.gif
41.gif
....might come in handy when I ask for that 5 carat oval diamond ring I saw........
11.gif

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any big occasion coming up?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 6:52:04 PM
Any big occasion coming up?
HI:

Staying married another year?
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good one!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Deb,
HI:

9.gif
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon
Yes please find a way. At least we can live through you. I am wanting their bracelets so badly. But thanks to Diamondfan I have some inspired pieces to hold me over.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which bracelets do you like? The ones with the silky texture?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 8:04:14 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Yes please find a way. At least we can live through you. I am wanting their bracelets so badly. But thanks to Diamondfan I have some inspired pieces to hold me over.
2.gif
Mamma mia! An Italian friend just told me that Buccellati is significantly cheaper in Italy (33% in one case). Maybe you''ll be able to get their bracelets earlier.

I got the go ahead from hubby, but I''m going to wait till I go to Italy next.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the texture and the different gold shades.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 9:01:13 PM
I like the texture and the different gold shades.
HI:

Do you wear large bracelets, Harriet? Many think the large size is OTT, but I luv ''em. Would wear more than one......

chees--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results