carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Yssie's new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplated wg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zhu - thanks!

I deliberately opted out of the plating - I fell in love with the colour of unplated white gold - not quite white, not quite yellow. I think it flatters my yellow-y skin much more than bright steely whites, and rich yellows get lost.

The gold colour works really well with my lower-coloured (J) stone, and makes the whole thing look soft and antique, which I really like
1.gif

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif

STUNNING!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
WOW yssie! That is one unbelievably gorgeous sset! The color of the gold, the color of the stones, the unbelievably gorgeous profile... and it looks ginormous on you, which doesn''t hurt at all either
2.gif
Absolutely perfect.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie!!!!

omg, your ring is fabulous!!! i love the proportions and the unplated wg. it makes my heart sing!! i totally LOVE the look!!
30.gif

if i ever get my lower color cushion i am so going with unplated wg. your description of it being a statement antique piece is spot on!

only one thing tho.... WE NEED MORE PICTURES!!! at least 2 more pages worth. i have my shades ready girl!
10.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie
beautiful 3 stone!!
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee!!!!!!!!!! I COULDN''T WAIT for these pics!!! yssie it''s incredible!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh my goshhhhhhh!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thats an amazing ring! Im drooling over here!!
3.gif

It''s breahtaking beautiful, congrats!!!
12.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh yssie it is absolutely stunning!!
30.gif

I totally digging the finger coverage! You are my size 4 finger hero.
3.gif
lol

Make sure you get a shot up in the real life perspective thread ASAP!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Yssie -

You new ring is sooooo lovely on your hand ( you have such great skin!!! )
THe proportions are flowing beautifully from one side to another.
Have you noticed in everyway you look at the ring, there is always a sparkle?
THat''s how I feel about mine ( 3 stone look )

Wear it with pride and enchantment! It is beyond gorgeous!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
total yummylicious !!
gorgeous setting, I love it!
stunning diamonds and again, a great setting
to showcase them.

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
I have never liked three stone rings until I saw this one. Absolutely breath-taking. Though I am a solitaire girl...I may have to look into 3 stones if they look anything as beautiful as yours!.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Added this ring to my favorites!
9.gif

Gorgeous, gorgeous 3 stone ring!! It''s absolutely lovely on your hand.
36.gif
30.gif

Enjoy!

Cachette
1.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, waxing, Future Mrs. T, LGK, Milly, DF, Dandi, wsblue, HOT, Ame, bebe, read, Cachette!

It looks prettier every day
9.gif

LGK - you know, it doesn't look so ginormous anymore! Just - normal
5.gif

Milly - unplated wg really is a little treasure, I hope more people will consider it - especially for lower coloured stones, the colours accent each other perfectly
30.gif

HOT - I will, as soon as my camera battery recharges!
Ame - that's one of my favourite things about the three-stone too, it really is!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Yssie,

Sorry to be so late to this party! That is one

BIG

HONKIN

ROCK

PARTY

you have going on your hand!!
36.gif
36.gif
. Seriously, if I saw you in real life I''d totally stalk that ring. (In a good, not creepy sorta way).
41.gif

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie!!! I''ve been waiting for this thread, and then I missed it!
38.gif

But still had to say that it looks absolutely gorgeous and that amazing center stone is beyond words! There is no way anyone would be able to tell that stone is a J from the top - it looks so white on your finger, and GREAT coverage too! Gosh, I''ve always loved 3-stone rings, and yours is definitely one of my favorite!

Has your finger gotten stronger from carrying that huge ring around yet?
31.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Day-um, girl!!!!! Yowza, that''s incredible! I love it all. I love the stones, the proportions, the unplated white gold. That ring look as perfect on you as if you were born with it!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
AHHH I keep coming back to this thread because I love your ring!!! It is on my short list for upgrade options!!!! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lurchie! The idea that this might be the object of someone's stalking is very cool
3.gif

S&I - thanks! IRL from the top it's very white. The pavilion is very visible in this setting though, so there's no hiding the tint, but it truly doesn't bother me
1.gif

Thanks Hest!!

EHR -
31.gif
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more pics today
1.gif

Cinnamon

D2-Yssie-3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sugar

D2-Yssie-4.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sugar

D2-Yssie-5.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
..stovetop?

D2-Yssie-6.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 3:13:14 PM
Author: yssie
sugar

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh my gosh, the colors in this photo are amazing! I love the pinks - were you wearing a pink shirt?? Your new ring is such a work of art!

ETA: and thank you for your earlier answer to my ? about the setting. I appreciate your help!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 3:13:43 PM
..stovetop?
Yssie: This photo is absolutely beautiful. I love the profile of your ring and the fact that you can see the culets above your band. I am truly drawn to warmer colour stones as I like the candlelight appearance in certain lighting environments. This photo captures the magic of the warmer glow of the stones. It is incredible how white your stones look in certain pictures and how different they look as in this photo. I just love the chamelion effect -- truly beautiful.

I was wondering about the unplated white gold. My new3-stone ring "is" being rodium plated and now I''m wondering if I made a mistake. Is the alloy of the white gold the same and when the rodium wears off, will it have the same appearance as yours?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you jill
1.gif
I'm actually wearing a white shirt, that you can't see in the pic. The ring is in a white bowl of rock sugar in front of a window, in a room with beige walls. I used jewellery wax to attach a bunch of rose petals (I have pink, blue, yellow, and some leaves) to a white index card, cut out a hole for the lens, and took a few dozen pictures until I got one that was crisp. There are definitely easier ways - a tripod, for a start!

Farleysmom - candlelight is a fantastic description, actually
1.gif

I think your three stone will be beautiful! It's hard to make a mistake with a pretty setting and lovely stones
36.gif

The plating will wear off eventually, but the ring will look strange in the intermediary - plating tends to erode quickly at the base (by the palm), but since there's little wear on the prongs they can stay white for a very long time, so it looks "patchy". I do believe you can have the plating electrochemically removed (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-difficult-time-consuming-expensive-is-it-to-strip-the-plating-off-a-stock-18k-wg-piece.141909/) but I'm not sure of the specifics on that.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow! Yssie, that is spectacular!!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2010 4:13:12 PM
Aww thank you jill
1.gif
I''m actually wearing a white shirt, that you can''t see in the pic. The ring is in a white bowl of rock sugar in front of a window, in a room with beige walls. I used jewellery wax to attach a bunch of rose petals (I have pink, blue, yellow, and some leaves) to a white index card, cut out a hole for the lens, and took a few dozen pictures until I got one that was crisp. There are definitely easier ways - a tripod, for a start!
BWAHAHA!! Dedication miss! You are a true PSer. It looks great, I may try that too.

The proportions of your ring using my center stone would be using .25ct sides. While I like that look, I think it will be too small and not blingy enough! I really like the way the sides on your new ring looks rounder than they did with the smaller sides of your previous ring.

I wonder how my diamond would look with .40ct sides? That is a 62% ratio as opposed to yours, which has a 55% ratio.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lauren!!

dreamer - really, with well-cut diamonds of any size it's hard to go wrong
3.gif
0.4 sides would look fabulously blingy - definitely more finger coverage than 0.25s!

...suppose you'll just have to try some rings on
11.gif

tanj

Shiny_Rock
Trade
oh yssie its gorgeous.i loved looking at all the photos can''t get enough.you give me something to look forward too.Enjoy and wear in good health.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results