#JOTW Yssie's new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplated wg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
It''s huge! And lovely!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
wow that''s stunning yssie!

your skin colour is almost the same as mine, so i''ll just pretend that''s my hand there
2.gif

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Yssie......I absolutely
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your ring. It looks beyond beautiful on your hand. You did an incredible job with the design of the ring. I have been logging on every day hoping that you had received your new ring and posted pictures. It was definitely worth the wait. I am so happy that it turned out exactly the way you wanted it.

Both you and CEMRN (Christie --
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your ring also) were my inspiration to change my ring to a 3-stone. (sadly, I haven''t received it back yet). I hope I''m not disappointed with my new ring after seeing your beautiful design.
9.gif
I too chose a trellis setting but alas, my bling factor is not as large as yours. My center stone is a 2.01 ct SI1 and the side stones are .76 and .80. Hopefully, it will look ok with these measurements. As a novice, my experience with diamonds (and settings) are nowhere near yours. Until I get my ring back, I''ll just sit, stare at your ring and pretend it''s mine! LOL

I am so happy for you -- such a magnificient set! Congratulations!!!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!!!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Oh Yssie,
Your ring is phenomenal!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It really needs to come with its own warning sign-- "caution, major bling ahead, could cause momentary dizziness from swooning!"

I love your WB; it is pure understated elegance. Love it all! Congrats on seeing your vision through and wear your rings in good health!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Happy, Jax, lucky, Farleysmom, MTG!!

lucky -
4.gif

Farleysmom - the wait was painful, but it did turn out beautifully. I can't WAIT to see your ring!! When is the ETA? I think your proportions will be lovely - and hey we have exactly the same ctw
9.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
the swoops, the swirls!!!!! Dayum!!!!

I love the design and it looks fantast on your finger!!!! COngats!!!
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol - thank you for your very sweet thoughts
1.gif

thank you missydebby!

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, I just saw this post- that ring is sheer Perfection- the proportions are perfect! Just Sublime. Wear it in good health!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! Just gorgeous and it looks perfect on your hand!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one beautiful and huge ring!!! It even covers the wedding band. I am sure it is nice to finally have it.

BTW, it sounds like you are getting married around the same time I am
1.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow you new ring is just simply stunning
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s really nothing short of spectacular yssie. I hope you enjoy every minute of wearing it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! That is absolutely stunning Yssie, and the plain band is the perfect companion IMO. Beautiful.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I have really enjoyed looking at your ring. Everything about it is beautiful and graceful looking. I just love the whole setting and I truly love unplated white gold. I have a few vintage pieces that are unplated and I truly love the way they look. Anytime they''ve had any work done, I not let them replate!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for looking and sharing iloveny, Sparkly, LtlFirecracker, diamondrng, gemgirl, lyra, clgwli!

LtlF - looks like I'm just a couple of weeks before you on the BIW list
1.gif

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
all I have to say is: DAAMMMNNNNNN GIRL!
31.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 12:12:32 PM
Author: yssie
Oh, a couple more ''cause I can''t resist -
WOO HOO....I LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2010 9:35:06 PM
Author: Sparkles&Glitter
all I have to say is: DAAMMMNNNNNN GIRL!
31.gif
9.gif

Thank you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2010 9:35:19 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 6/3/2010 12:12:32 PM
Author: yssie
Oh, a couple more 'cause I can't resist -
WOO HOO....I LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori
Thank you lori!

And I know I've already told you how much I love your new rg solitaire, but I'll be redundant and say it again
30.gif
9.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
HOLY HUGENESS!!!!! Enjoy that beauty!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely gorgeous!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giiiirrrrrl! I go away for three days and come back to this!??!

I love it, amazing, my dream ring no questions asked! It looks amazing on your hand. HUGE. I hope you will not think this is rude, but people are gonna think it is fake it is so big!
9.gif
Screw ''wm, though, it is simply stunning.

I am glad you like the J. I am not surprised it shows more color that mine does (though we are comparing pictures and subjective impressions so who knows what reality is
25.gif
), given it is so much bigger and I am now convinced my J is a misgraded I. But your diamond is amazing and I love it and I am so happy you do to. Don''t you look at your J and think, "Why do people spend more for higher color??"
4.gif
I think that a lot when I look at my ring it is just so white to me, all I could ever hope for.

What % of your center stone diameter are the sides? I love the proportions and would like to think about what size sides I would use with my stone to keep the same proportions with my smaller center stone when I one day go the three stone route.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got over being jealous about your earrings, and now this!!! I''m teasing of course, I am so thrilled for you yssie, the ring looks amazing on you- it''s perfect, huge, elegant and tasteful all rolled into one...I love it, enjoy and congrats!!!

jan can

Shiny_Rock
Perfection. Knocked me over.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!!
30.gif
i have been eagerly checking PS to see if you would post photos. I was really hoping that you weren''t waiting until the switchover. Yssie, it''s really stunning! The finger presence that 3-stone rings give is phenomenal! All this talk of 3-stones has got me hankering for one! I just purchased the first of my two sidestones to transform my ering into a 3-stone. Your photos have gotten me so excited about it! Just a quick ? about your setting - I know it was custom, was it a lot more expensive than WF''s stock trellis setting? You don''t have to tell the price if you''re not comfortable, just curious if it was a lot more. Congrats on your new beautiful ring!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lucky, Michelle, dreamer, june, jancan!
9.gif
9.gif

dreamer - at 10pm at the caltrain station or in a cabbie fake is good!
23.gif

I really like the J, and I'm glad I took the plunge. I think it helps even more that the with the unplated gold the whole thing looks like a statement piece, so I'm not going to compare it to other whiter stones, if that makes sense? It looks right in its home
1.gif

It's a 1.83 ratio (centre is 8.9mm, the sides are 4.9mm). In this ring the stones look like three rounds, whereas in my old ring the sidestones (4.4mm) looked more like pears flanking the centre - it's a size thing, the smaller stones looked more "pearish" with the three-pronged setting than larger stones.. just another something to consider
4.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
re. dreamer - shows what I mean about the pearishness, kinda fun pic
5.gif

L-(8mm / 4.4mm), R-(8.9mm / 4.9mm)

Got a pretty similar angle, and they're resized to about the same

Yssie-SidestonesCompare.jpg

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I L O V E It!!!
Just curious, why did you elect to not rhodium plate the ring?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2010 11:42:23 PM
Author: jill_s
Wow!!!
30.gif
i have been eagerly checking PS to see if you would post photos. I was really hoping that you weren't waiting until the switchover. Yssie, it's really stunning! The finger presence that 3-stone rings give is phenomenal! All this talk of 3-stones has got me hankering for one! I just purchased the first of my two sidestones to transform my ering into a 3-stone. Your photos have gotten me so excited about it! Just a quick ? about your setting - I know it was custom, was it a lot more expensive than WF's stock trellis setting? You don't have to tell the price if you're not comfortable, just curious if it was a lot more. Congrats on your new beautiful ring!

Jill - thank you for looking! I had vague ambitions of waiting 'til the change, but the pics were burning through my monitor.. so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do another migration!

Congrats on your sidestone!! Oh, my, the anticipation of finding the other, choosing a setting, choosing a vendor... not sure if the proper smiley is
32.gif
or
9.gif
!!

I'm happy to share any info that would help you make your decision (or potentially sway you
11.gif
) I got several quotes: the plat (ru alloy) was about 1100 more than the stock wg trellis, the plat (regular ir alloy, not sure if that's 900 or 950) was 800 more, the 18k was 500 more and the palladium/14k were about 400 more. Of course this was two months ago now though, and I don't know how the market has changed, but it might give some vague idea of the sorts of numbers you're looking at.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results