shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Most Favourite 5 pieces.....

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
Smiles for miles: (@Bron357 - fun thread, thank you!)

1) Top left: Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti platinum cross: 2003, bought it in Honolulu, never take it off! After a yucky divorce, bought it celebrate a more conscious life, flying the South Pacific from Canada (working old school two-week+ crew pairings, where did the glamour go?) and my favourite constellation - the Southern Cross. Much love to Hawaii, Fiji, Cook Islands, Australia, and New Zealand!

2) Top right: 14kt YG sweet pea pin with enamel and diamond accent: 1910ish, I’m completely addicted to flowers and Thai silk/textiles, and this is a constant sidekick when I’m wearing scarves.

3) Middle: My platinum wedding ring 2013 - 5 stone 2.00+cts (Costco - no clue, no PS education at the time, but luckily doesn’t seem to suck too badly! :shock:).

4) Bottom left: Gift - A.F Edwards platinum OEC 1.09cts centre (1.59cts total) (thinking it would benefit from a rehab (DK?) - thoughts welcome…).

5) Bottom right: My Grandma’s 14kt YG 5 stone wedding ring (1944) - always wear with my wedding ring, or alone. A million hearts.

upload_2018-5-5_3-15-9.png

Beautiful, I find I’m in general drawn to old pieces more, but that five stone ring must have great finger presence!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new additions.

Maryred, your stacks are awesome.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a great thread and I love seeing everyone's top 5! This is very hard for me to choose just 5, so I am just picking the top three rings and then two of my other favorites. There are a few more that I could have put, but these win today!

1) This is a 2.7 ct antique asscher that I inquired about when I saw it for sale but wasn't quick enough. However, it was meant to be mine after a dear friend decided to go for a larger one! I had saved a pic of a Tiffany antique asscher ring that was my inspiration, and as always, Caysie found a way with her gift of design and made it even better! The ring is pretty unique, and it will always be in my top 5.
CVB2.7antiqueasscher2.jpg

2) This 2.3 ct AVR is special to me for a few reasons. I had looked at AVRs for a long time, and I finally had to go out of my size comfort zone to even order it, but I am glad I did! I am still thrilled to have this gorgeous stone designed by Jonathan of August Vintage and perfectly cut by Yoram of Gem Concepts. This month is exactly 5 years since I got this stone, and I love it just as much today as the day I received it! However, this stone is not in it's permanent home yet. I want it to have a setting that is as complimentary to it as the asscher setting is to its stone. So I hope it won't be too much longer before I reset it.

AVR2.29cts2.JPG

3) Sapphire is my birthstone, and I love all colors of sapphire! I came across this emerald cut light violet sapphire at Africa Gems, and it was beautifully set in platinum by Caysie of CVB Inspired Design.

CVB.ECsapphireimage8.JPG

4) My favorite earrings are my 2.55 ctw Whiteflash ACA studs! I've had ACA studs for many years, but they grew in size over time! :lol: While my earlobes have room for much larger, my lifestyle doesn't really allow for it, so this is my final pair! These are set in WF custom crown platinum settings that were bought with my gift from PS for being the first person to reach 50k posts on the forum!

WF.2.55ctwHVS2studs2017e.jpg WF.2.55ctwHVS2studs2017f.jpg

5) My favorite bracelet, and the one I enjoy wearing most, is my VCA gold vintage Alhambra bracelet! I love the clover motifs and think they go so well with both casual and dressy clothes! This is special to me because I bought this from the VCA boutique I visited on my wonderful visit to Houston and Whiteflash in 2016! I like souveniers from my PS get-togethers!

VCA ygvintageAlhambraBracelet1 2016-03-08.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gah! PSers have such enviable collections!! Amazing pieces everyone! I’ll be mopping up the drool on my pc now, thank you very much! LOL!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A diverse and truly gorgeous collection, @diamondseeker2006! I love that each piece is so unique - yet each is classy and classical in its own way. Brava!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a great thread and I love seeing everyone's top 5! This is very hard for me to choose just 5, so I am just picking the top three rings and then two of my other favorites. There are a few more that I could have put, but these win today!

1) This is a 2.7 ct antique asscher that I inquired about when I saw it for sale but wasn't quick enough. However, it was meant to be mine after a dear friend decided to go for a larger one! I had saved a pic of a Tiffany antique asscher ring that was my inspiration, and as always, Caysie found a way with her gift of design and made it even better! The ring is pretty unique, and it will always be in my top 5.

2) This 2.3 ct AVR is special to me for a few reasons. I had looked at AVRs for a long time, and I finally had to go out of my size comfort zone to even order it, but I am glad I did! I am still thrilled to have this gorgeous stone designed by Jonathan of August Vintage and perfectly cut by Yoram of Gem Concepts. This month is exactly 5 years since I got this stone, and I love it just as much today as the day I received it! However, this stone is not in it's permanent home yet. I want it to have a setting that is as complimentary to it as the asscher setting is to its stone. So I hope it won't be too much longer before I reset it.

AVR2.29cts2.JPG

3) Sapphire is my birthstone, and I love all colors of sapphire! I came across this emerald cut light violet sapphire at Africa Gems, and it was beautifully set in platinum by Caysie of CVB Inspired Design.

CVB.ECsapphireimage8.JPG

4) My favorite earrings are my 2.55 ctw Whiteflash ACA studs! I've had ACA studs for many years, but they grew in size over time! :lol: While my earlobes have room for much larger, my lifestyle doesn't really allow for it, so this is my final pair! These are set in WF custom crown platinum settings that were bought with my gift from PS for being the first person to reach 50k posts on the forum!

5) My favorite bracelet, and the one I enjoy wearing most, is my VCA gold vintage Alhambra bracelet! I love the clover motifs and think they go so well with both casual and dressy clothes! This is special to me because I bought this from the VCA boutique I visited on my wonderful visit to Houston and Whiteflash in 2016! I like souveniers from my PS get-togethers!

Love, love love every single thing!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super Fun thread! Can’t wait to see more collections!
After getting this, the itch to get the perfect pendant is gone.
3EA7EA25-4FAA-4290-B9E5-E13F7CCE4CF8.jpeg
My ORC reset by Victor Canera.
FA3185E6-0BFD-4BAA-9D64-DD854E7DE32A.jpeg
The only pair of earrings I wear. I keep looking for an alternative pair and cannot find one.
DAC64884-DD07-48BB-9BE2-5A0CAB9D6588.jpeg
I don’t wear this that much but I love it. Super sturdy and white and sparkly.
AD5978B2-D972-48F4-B376-264F1C421598.jpeg
I love this more over time. Ideally I would get another exactly the same to stack.
626E9E55-F3CC-4657-9C4E-CDA4B91D6F35.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

AVR2.29cts2.JPG

CVB.ECsapphireimage8.JPG

Very special pieces. Thank you for the explanation of each - they're all exquisite. Thank you for sharing.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Favorites.jpeg

I have modest pieces, but I do love them!
1. My Victor Canera engagement and wedding rings- no explanation needed!
2. Tiffany jade Eternal Circle pendant- it was the first piece of jewelry my husband ever gave to me, for the first birthday I had since we had started dating a few months prior. He actually has the same birthday as I do, though is 2 years older. It's the most sentimental piece of jewelry I own, surpassing my wedding and engagement rings.
3. Cartier Tank Solo watch- a surprise from my husband to commemorate our children. Their names and birthdays are engraved on the back.
4. Cartier Trinity cord bracelet- I really dislike wearing bracelets, especially hard ones. They bother my wrist and clink up against a keyboard. But this one is much more wearable, though admittedly much more casual, as the bracelet is a soft cord. I wear it daily and like that you can change out the cords for different colors.
5. A pendant from my birth family in Korea- when I first met my birth family, they gave my sister and me each this pendant in rose gold, which has the Korean names they gave us engraved on t he back. It was only recently that I realized it looks like the Cartier Etincelle pendant- that's Korea for you! I rarely wear it, but it still means a lot to me.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only pair of earrings I wear. I keep looking for an alternative pair and cannot find one.
I love this more over time. Ideally I would get another exactly the same to stack.

What a gorgeous, classy, elegant collection, @LLJsmom!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3EA7EA25-4FAA-4290-B9E5-E13F7CCE4CF8.jpeg
FA3185E6-0BFD-4BAA-9D64-DD854E7DE32A.jpeg
DAC64884-DD07-48BB-9BE2-5A0CAB9D6588.jpeg
AD5978B2-D972-48F4-B376-264F1C421598.jpeg
626E9E55-F3CC-4657-9C4E-CDA4B91D6F35.jpeg

Timeless elegance and classic beauty. Just like its owner. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mrs-b :kiss2: What a huge compliment from a woman who lives and breathes classical elegance.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful choices everyone and I enjoy reading your stories. It is tough for me to pick my 5 favorite but here are mine.

Top Row in my collage:
1st my ACA ering. It is 1.52 ct F VS1 on a custom 3mm scattered diamond band from WF. i used money from my parent's very small estate to buy this because they were a big light in my life and that way I see something from them sparkling back at me every day. i wanted a F color diamond because that is the first letter of my maiden name and yes I do prefer colorless diamonds.

2nd my Tiffany band which I bought before my ACA ering - so I wanted my ering above to match this band. I was the trustee of my parents estate and I used a small life insurance payment I received soon after my father's death to buy this as a treat during a very stressful time.

Bottom Row in my collage:
3rd while my ering is a RB ACA my favorite shape stones are EC so this is a med blue florescent EC RHR - it's an E VS1 1.21 carat. I wasn't shopping for an EC ring that day but this sucker kept catching my eye from inside a little gem box inside of a showcase as a I walked around the room. After it "flashing" me about 10 times I asked to see it and said "sold".

4th my WG sapphire RHR - I love this color of blue so I would say this is my favorite RHR

5th is this little diamond heart pendant. The diamonds in it are from my original ering. My center diamond from my first ering is .15 ct so it's nothing big or flashy. I often dig this necklace out to wear when my DH is working out of town and I miss him.

Top5.jpeg

Marcy
How did I miss this post @marcy ? Love your rings, your ACA and your EC gorgeous!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this post @marcy ? Love your rings, your ACA and your EC gorgeous!!!!!!!
Thank you LLJsmom. I love your collection of beautiful jewelry too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stories and beautiful jewelry. I look forward to hearing and seeing more contributions to this thread. :wavey:

febloxy

Rough_Rock
IMG_9326.jpg

No way I could narrow it down to five. This doesn't even include necklaces, watches or earrings. LOL
Guess I have too much jewelry. It's a problem :)-

Opal/tzavorite/diamond ring, asscher eternity band, emerald cut diamond ring, emerald/diamond ring, moonstone ring, emerald/diamond bracelet, asscher tennis bracelet.

I designed all the rings except for the eternity band.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
813.JPG DBLRing3.JPG Eternity20Pointers1.JPG CTJ Earrings.jpg Tennis Bracelet.jpg

My Top 5!

1) My engagement ring: 2.53cts of AGS00 round brilliants, I-J colour, set into 18ct rose and white gold. A reset of my original 3 stone in yellow gold. Diamonds are from BGD and Whiteflash, and the setting was created by my local jeweller

2) My 'baby ring': Henri Daussi cushion halo from DBL. 0.39ct Q-R cushion cut set with .55cts of E-F melee in 14ct white gold. DH and I purchased this to commemorate the birth of our first baby 5.5 years ago

3) Full eternity from IDJ: 18 x 20 pointers, 3.6ct total in 14ct white gold, worn as a RHR or on my left hand with my plain 2.5mm rose gold wedding band

4) Diamond studs that I wear in my second lobe piercings: .24ctw set in 18ct rose gold, handmade by an online jeweller here in Aus

5) Diamond tennis bracelet from IDJ: 3.02cts of F-G stones in a 14ct white gold 3 prong setting

Absolutely LOVING all of these posts! Keep 'em coming!! :love::love::love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new pieces. :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

813.JPG DBLRing3.JPG Eternity20Pointers1.JPG CTJ Earrings.jpg Tennis Bracelet.jpg

My Top 5!

1) My engagement ring: 2.53cts of AGS00 round brilliants, I-J colour, set into 18ct rose and white gold. A reset of my original 3 stone in yellow gold. Diamonds are from BGD and Whiteflash, and the setting was created by my local jeweller

2) My 'baby ring': Henri Daussi cushion halo from DBL. 0.39ct Q-R cushion cut set with .55cts of E-F melee in 14ct white gold. DH and I purchased this to commemorate the birth of our first baby 5.5 years ago

3) Full eternity from IDJ: 18 x 20 pointers, 3.6ct total in 14ct white gold, worn as a RHR or on my left hand with my plain 2.5mm rose gold wedding band

4) Diamond studs that I wear in my second lobe piercings: .24ctw set in 18ct rose gold, handmade by an online jeweller here in Aus

5) Diamond tennis bracelet from IDJ: 3.02cts of F-G stones in a 14ct white gold 3 prong setting

Absolutely LOVING all of these posts! Keep 'em coming!! :love::love::love:
Lovely pieces. I especially like the 4 stone diamond earrings..

Ulla

Rough_Rock
IMG_9326.jpg

No way I could narrow it down to five. This doesn't even include necklaces, watches or earrings. LOL

Opal/tzavorite/diamond ring, asscher eternity band, emerald cut diamond ring, emerald/diamond ring, moonstone ring, emerald/diamond bracelet, asscher tennis bracelet.

I love your moonstone ring :love:

This is mine:
20180124_123653.jpg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_9326.jpg

This made me laugh. I'm getting loud and clear why you struggled narrowing it down!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have to say I'm loving is thread. I will take some photos of my pieces later to contribute. Can we have some more though please I know there are some amazing collections we have yet to see!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a great thread! Ok, let’s see. Top 5...really hard! I certainly have others I love! But here are 5 that are very special to me, that make me happy whenever I wear or see or touch them.

aquamarine-tourmaline-rings.jpg image_2492.jpg larimar1.jpg image_4111.jpg FBF0E598-F41F-42BA-8681-65A3D166398C.jpeg

1. Vintage Aquamarine ring that I traded scrap gold for.
2. Tourmaline ring that my grandma got in Brazil in the 1960s.
3. Rustic Baltic Amber beads.
4. Larimar no-metal pendant.
5. Kyanite Jamie Joseph ring.

(I realize that all these are colored stones.)

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really have a "top 6" but if I am forced to pick only 5 then here they are:

1. My 2.52 ct FLY radiant ER comes in at number 1. We had talked about upgrading for a big birthday/anniversary and even looked at 2 ct stones but when push came to shove I couldn't do it as we had 2 kids in college at the time. It was a couple years later when my jeweler had this ring in his store that I fell in love with and would "visit" any time I was near, lol. My husband traveled a ton for business and happened to be in Japan. He called me one day and said he had thought about this ring the entire flight to Japan and I should just go get it before someone else did. I was floored, then ecstatic, then scared beyond belief that I would get there and it would be gone. Luckily for me it was still there!
IMG_8140.JPG

2. Number two is my Tsavorite ring - Some people here know that I had some serious heart issues, had a stroke and they found a large hole in my heart as well as an aneurism. A couple weeks before my scheduled repair surgery we went on a trip to FL and visited a jewelry store there. They had this Tsavorite ring. The setting is an unusual Parade setting. Hubby thought it looked like angels on the sides and he decided I had to have it so that the angels could watch over me during surgery. They must have watched closely because I am still here, lol.
DSC_1180.JPG

3. My Blue Sapphire Ring. My hubby bought this ring for me back when we didn't really have that much money. He knew I loved blue sapphires. I had my smaller color shifter ring but this is another one that I would "visit" any time I was near. It is a 4.76ct sapphire set in 1.60cts of diamonds. This is a Nelson setting that I just love because of the detail work.
DSC_1540.JPG
IMG_5410.JPG
4. My Opal ring is number 4. I love this ring. I love this stone. I love my hubby for surprising me with it! He said "it "spoke to him".
IMG_1979[1].jpg

5. My Ruby Ring [but also my Dragonfly pin] - Another ring that I visited quite often. I love this ring. I love the different flower-like halo and I love the glowing ruby. I had asked for this ring for Christmas two years ago. My jeweler always has a Christmas party the first week of Christmas and we were at the party when we saw this stunning graduated yellow diamond dragonfly pin. I immediately fell in love[did I mention I have a pin/brooch fetish?]. Hubby asked me which I wanted for Christmas, the ruby ring or the dragonfly pin. I couldn't choose so I told him to surprise me and boy did he ever surprise me. He got both!!! He said he had to get the ring and the "bug" spoke to him so he got it too. The dragonfly pin is my avatar picture. Have I ever mentioned how much I love it when jewelry speaks to my husband? :lol:

DSC_3681.JPG

Thank you for sharing the wonderful stories behind some of my favorite pieces on Pricescope. Your collection is exquisite and so diverse! It must be incredibly fun to wear. Your husband is amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results