shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Most Favourite 5 pieces.....

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Sparkle_ruckle your earring collection is amazing! I particularly love the first pair you posted they are just so lovely. Your sapphire rings as well :love: gorgeous!
Thanks for the compliment on my ring and thread!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkle_ruckle thank you and right back at ya. Beautiful collection. Droolworthy.
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkle_ruckle thanks so much! I love your earring collection so much and everything else too, lol.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meely, I love that charm necklace!!!!!

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok, I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. The stories and all the gorgeous photos! Great idea for a thread. I'm sure I'll gain more 'most favorites' along my lifetime, as there's still much room for new bling; but for now, here's my current selection! :mrgreen2:

#1. Wedding band
e1zCmdy.jpg

@DanDiAnDi I also chose 18k plain RG for the wedding band! Other rings get rotated, but this one stays forever so had to be as comfortable as a second skin. When we were picking bands we went to ALLL the stores and tried on ALLLLL the rings. None were as perfect as this one, this one had such sweet proportions it was like The One Ring to rule them all! As soon as I put it on we both knew the search was over.

#2. Jadeite bangle
9YQLxJh.jpg

IX1QPeh.png

This was actually my mom's bangle, which she wore when I was a kid but has since upgraded to a more substantial piece. I really love how the colors are so different on both sides that it can be flipped and worn two ways! It's oval, and perfect size for me. Rare to find in such a small size, but my picky mom picked it and she's also got small wrists. Love the cool feeling of it, the smoothness, the calm clinking sounds against other bangles.

#3. VCA sweet bracelet
DRDLUTq.png

I won a jewelry design contest and a nice sum of money, so of course I decided to use the prize money to buy some jewelry! Originally intended to get Cartier's thin Love, but the fit was all wrong... could not find a hinged bangle that fit right, so "settled" for a bracelet. DH helped me pick this one out. Even my hamster approves.

#4. Tous butterfly ring
IO3cyxL.jpg

DH got this for me on a special birthday, as a symbol of metamorphosis. Change and growth for the better. I really like his thought behind it, also it's such an easy to wear piece that I often choose this over my flashier rings. Butterflies also remind me of my grandma, who taught me how to cut paper ones before I even went to school. She had such an artistic hand, and was truly a beautiful soul. I am so sorry I did not have more time with her, but I treasure the memories I've had with her, cutting paper butterflies being one!

#5. Tiffany DBTY
oo5bIyO.jpg

This is supposed to be for a 2018 Christmas present from DH, but Christmas came in March... :saint: It's so dainty, so small, yet so there. Whenever I go wash my hands in the washroom I'll catch it winking at me and I'll wink right back (in my mind). The first piece of jewelry DH ever got me was the Tiffany key in RG (also half-pictured), which I'd worn daily all this time. It seems fitting to be replaced with another Tiffany necklace in RG, but sparklier!

It's wonderful how much joy inorganic materials can bring to our lives, full of stories and feelings we attach to each piece. :kiss2:

You won a jewelry design contest? I feel like I need to know more about this victory of yours!?! Have you told the story somewhere on this forum already? I'd love to hear it! Gorgeous collection btw! VCA are my HG pieces!:kiss2:

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is such a great thread and I love seeing everyone's top 5! This is very hard for me to choose just 5, so I am just picking the top three rings and then two of my other favorites. There are a few more that I could have put, but these win today!

1) This is a 2.7 ct antique asscher that I inquired about when I saw it for sale but wasn't quick enough. However, it was meant to be mine after a dear friend decided to go for a larger one! I had saved a pic of a Tiffany antique asscher ring that was my inspiration, and as always, Caysie found a way with her gift of design and made it even better! The ring is pretty unique, and it will always be in my top 5.
CVB2.7antiqueasscher2.jpg

2) This 2.3 ct AVR is special to me for a few reasons. I had looked at AVRs for a long time, and I finally had to go out of my size comfort zone to even order it, but I am glad I did! I am still thrilled to have this gorgeous stone designed by Jonathan of August Vintage and perfectly cut by Yoram of Gem Concepts. This month is exactly 5 years since I got this stone, and I love it just as much today as the day I received it! However, this stone is not in it's permanent home yet. I want it to have a setting that is as complimentary to it as the asscher setting is to its stone. So I hope it won't be too much longer before I reset it.

AVR2.29cts2.JPG

3) Sapphire is my birthstone, and I love all colors of sapphire! I came across this emerald cut light violet sapphire at Africa Gems, and it was beautifully set in platinum by Caysie of CVB Inspired Design.

CVB.ECsapphireimage8.JPG

4) My favorite earrings are my 2.55 ctw Whiteflash ACA studs! I've had ACA studs for many years, but they grew in size over time! :lol: While my earlobes have room for much larger, my lifestyle doesn't really allow for it, so this is my final pair! These are set in WF custom crown platinum settings that were bought with my gift from PS for being the first person to reach 50k posts on the forum!

WF.2.55ctwHVS2studs2017e.jpg WF.2.55ctwHVS2studs2017f.jpg

5) My favorite bracelet, and the one I enjoy wearing most, is my VCA gold vintage Alhambra bracelet! I love the clover motifs and think they go so well with both casual and dressy clothes! This is special to me because I bought this from the VCA boutique I visited on my wonderful visit to Houston and Whiteflash in 2016! I like souveniers from my PS get-togethers!

VCA ygvintageAlhambraBracelet1 2016-03-08.jpg

Every time I see your avatar I am mesmerized by the beauty of that stone!
I LOVE your collection!!!!! One day I will amass a collection that I can enjoy like yourself!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_1564.JPG
Meely, I love that charm necklace!!!!!

Thanks very much! I did cheat a bit as it's actually two necklaces :whistle:

I may yet tweak the placement of a couple of the charm here is a (bad) photo to show some more detail.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I see your avatar I am mesmerized by the beauty of that stone!
I LOVE your collection!!!!! One day I will amass a collection that I can enjoy like yourself!

Thank you so very much!!!:wavey: My advice is to always wait for the things you really love, and never buy when you're in doubt. That way you'll have that collection you desire!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so very much!!!:wavey: My advice is to always wait for the things you really love, and never buy when you're in doubt. That way you'll have that collection you desire!
That's great advice!

You won a jewelry design contest? I feel like I need to know more about this victory of yours!?! Have you told the story somewhere on this forum already? I'd love to hear it! Gorgeous collection btw! VCA are my HG pieces!:kiss2:
Sorry, they posted my real name and photos online so I'd rather not say. Keep a shred of anonymity here! Thank you though. By the way, your AVR is unreal. In your photo, it doesn't look like it's from this world! Like some kind of magical fairy stone, haha.

@petite_singe your dog is so adorable, and you have a great smile! Love your flower cluster ring, it's so unique and wearable. The bracelet is also super cool!

@KaeKae that bezel of your mom's diamond is HUGE (or you have tiny hands)! Do you have any neck shots? Wow! And is the chain doubled? It certainly looks very interesting.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Also, if we're allowed to post moissanite pieces (following KaeKae's moissy band), I'm totally replacing #2 jadeite bangle with my e-ring:

QtXYMsq.png

IsUKS8K.png

kgE1X2o.png

It was custom made by Mark Morrell, and the fluidity is just. Perfect. I love it to pieces and wear it often, super comfortable.

However, over the years I've slowly learned to pick out the difference between moissanite and diamond, and (sadly for my wallet) prefer the crispness and depth of diamond. I would never replace the stone in this ring, but I'm definitely itching for a diamond solitaire to wear on rotation, hopefully also by Mark.

Meanwhile DH just shrugs and says, whatever makes you happy. Good DH. :P2

(If this post isn't allowed please delete!)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chappy
Thank you. My hands are on the small side, but not tiny! I wear a 5.5 size ring
That necklace was made in the early 90s, so bigger bezels were in then. Gold was less expensive, too. I think the chain is called a Byzantine style, taken from the first setting I had the stone in, but never loved.
This picture actually makes out look bigger. I'll see about taking a picture with a more realistic perspective. 2010-5-4%20025.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chappy i didn't get another neck shot, but this picture should give a better indication of size 20180520_120911.jpg

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@chappy i didn't get another neck shot, but this picture should give a better indication of size 20180520_120911.jpg
Ok all of the 'update' photos still makes me think this is a monstrosity of a pendant (in a good way!). :lol-2: Or you have a tiny neck, and a special edition tiny penny?! Very fun piece, thanks for all the extra photos!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread and seeing everyone's favorite pieces. I cannot narrow down to five. I keep thinking about it and just can't do it. It would be much easier to pick my least favorite because I don't have many. So many pieces have a story, and the story makes them my favorite regardless of how often I may wear the piece.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you, @luv2sparkle. When I started thinking about contributing to this thread I narrowed my list down to 15 - all of which I just HAD to include.

So I started to take into account wearability, originality, replaceability - and a bunch of other criteria that would be specific just to me. One criteria, which was different to most people's, was that I left off all the pieces incredibly personal to me. Some things I just didn't want to share and some (my darling dog's memorial pendant, for exampl) are just too precious to go into a 'Best of...' grouping.

Let me start with my Honorable Mentions:

* My 4 matching bangles, including the diamond accent bangle
* Pearl and diamond drops
* 7 stone diamond graduated band (cannot believe I made a best of list and that one isn't on it!)
* Platinum wedder with matching AVR's
* Yellow gold and diamond drops
* Halo'd pear diamond pendant
* Ruby and diamond 5 stone (how did this one not make this list??)
* A bunch of things currently in production - like my opal and diamond Merry ring and my grey spinel, ruby and diamond ring, which I suspect will be a jaw-dropper.

But these are the five I chose.....

My three diamond cluster pieces - including my sapphire and diamond ring:

20180523_112030_resized.jpg

20180523_112012_resized.jpg

20180523_112735_resized.jpg

20180523_112855_resized.jpg

20180523_112945_HDR_resized.jpg

Last edited:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
mrs-b... do you have a thread that shows all of your pieces together? Your collection is beautiful!

I'd love to see the ruby and diamond 5 stone, the bangles and the drop earrings.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @facetgirl :wavey:

I don't have a photo of my entire collection - but I will in a couple of months when all my pieces are done. I still have three in production at the moment and one coming in a couple months time. I intend to take group shots then.

But in the meantime - I took these today for you and hope they will tide you over. :) Just a head's up - the rubies in the 5 stone are MUCH darker in real life. They're still a very pink ruby, but they're deeper and their color is heavily saturated. Like all reds, they don't photograph well.

20180524_120530_HDR_resized.jpg

20180524_120419_resized.jpg

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous collection you have there - can't wait to see your updated group shots in a few months @mrs-b !

Your sapphire cluster ring is divine :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing collection mrs_b! Just beautiful. Can't wait to see more group shots!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing collection mrs_b! Just beautiful. Can't wait to see more group shots!!

I can't wait to show you my grey spinel when it's set later on this year! The rubies with it are a super lush look, and the diamond surround will make this a Very. Big. Ring. It will end up being in the vicinity of 18mm x 17 mm. Helloooooooo Gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to show you my grey spinel when it's set later on this year! The rubies with it are a super lush look, and the diamond surround will make this a Very. Big. Ring. It will end up being in the vicinity of 18mm x 17 mm. Helloooooooo Gorgeous!

Umm......Hellooooooooooooooooooo HUGE! :lol: Can't wait to see it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Uh, forgot to mention that I'm waiting impatiently for that gorgeous opal ring that's coming. Get on it lady!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally decided to jump in and go with the 5 rings that I tend to wear most often. All very comfortable, low profile and made by DK. All photos by DK as well.

1. this is an appx. 1 ct. center set into an antique design that I found on the internet and changed up a bit.
bezel3.jpg
2. This ring is a reset of two stones that I originally had in a sapphire and diamond 3 stone that just didn't work. Another setting design that I found on the internet and tweaked.
DKJPV_12_08_SR-1.jpg
3. Small antique cushion cut diamond and yes, another design found on internet and tweaked.
halo95.jpg
4. .70 ct modern cut marquise set in a copy of a vintage Tiffany ring.
marq.jpg
5. My most recent ring, French cuts by Yoram.
front snip.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain - I love all your pieces, as you know, but....

That first ring! WOW! I love the design! And the proportions are perfect!

A clever, elegant design.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you @mrs-b. I was really pleased with the way that one turned out.

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Mars-b, I was swooning with your collection in person and am really drooling to see it again. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.............

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
@Bron357 this turned out to be such a delightful thread! Thanks for starting and thanks all for sharing!

Ps. Love that puppy- is she a Saluki?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results