shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh this is so intriguing!!

I agree, @Dandi! They sent me just enough info in the pictures to make me jump out of my chair with twitchiness!! Two more weeks!! Gaaaaaahhhh!

ETA And just to be clear - I don't know what all the pieces are....since I'm only having 3 bands made, and I'm pretty sure there's 2 heads in that photo as well!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, @Dandi! They sent me just enough info in the pictures to make me jump out of my chair with twitchiness!! Two more weeks!! Gaaaaaahhhh!

ETA And just to be clear - I don't know what all the pieces are....since I'm only having 3 bands made, and I'm pretty sure there's 2 heads in that photo as well!!

Oh my, I've missed something!! What are the other two bands??

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Couldn't resist posting another (clearer, maybe) photo of my new Tiffany rose gold bean, I love it so much, it is so shiny and delicate and with sweet presence at the same time :). I got it in loving memory of my grandfather, as it is a symbol of life, to celebrate his beautiful life and everything he taught me (he raised me) tempImageOWq0pE.png

It’s lovely- but now I have a new obsession…. So glad you found it and love the story and meaning behind it!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
My new ring set! Granted, we have a way to go yet....

IMG_3187.jpg

Oh my - two heads? 4 shanks. I can’t wait to see what you’ve designed!

edited to say I just saw your latest post. I love that this is a teaser photo - even for you :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my - two heads? 4 shanks. I can’t wait to see what you’ve designed!

edited to say I just saw your latest post. I love that this is a teaser photo - even for you :)

I think some of those 'bits' are back-up. The design has three bands for three different rings, and ONE head for the solitaire! I'm guessing they cast multiple bits to accommodate problems along the way, without needing to go back to re-casting.

Hopefully 2 more weeks will see them all on my hand!

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! Do you mind sharing where you got it, @icy_jade ? Thanks!!

Thank you! I got mine from Asia but I know that @ILikeShiny and @ccuheartnurse got theirs from IDJ so maybe you can try IDJ? Their threads:

Mine has a mix of smaller and bigger diamonds. The bigger bezels are approx 5.1mm and the smaller ones are approx 4.1mm adding to 3.8 ctw over 18cm.
0B049785-4976-4EF2-93C0-EC22005FBB30.jpeg

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
D4FDD50A-0459-44D9-BA54-E7DB329DCB50.jpeg

The bracelet! H&A cut so is super sparkly and am feeling happy wearing it =)2

Is that a black coral bangle? I Have been eyeing one on eBay but I have never seen black coral IRL. How do you like it ?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Is that a black coral bangle? I Have been eyeing one on eBay but I have never seen black coral IRL. How do you like it ?

Black jadeite bangle. I tend to wear a jade bangle 24/7 and so far I like jadeite as they are durable and need very little care. Comes in many colors too… green, purple, orange, white, black and various other shades and patterns. There is a jade bangle thread on the colored stone forum. Do pop by to have a look!

Lucy-In-The-Sky

Rough_Rock
I just had a little online shopping spree with Grace's summer sale, and convinced myself to also buy something that wasn't included in the sale but that I've coveted for a long time.

It's a deliciously ridiculous piece, but I bought the antique Victorian monocle/quizzing glass. I think it'll be fun to wear on a muff chain with cocktail/black tie attire, and I can see it as being potentially useful for peering at the Opera program/cocktail menu/etc.

Pics once everything arrives. I'm just so excited that I had to share with someone... and sadly, there are not many people in my life who would be as..appreciative...of this particular tidbit, as the lovely people on Pricescope!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I got mine from Asia but I know that @ILikeShiny and @ccuheartnurse got theirs from IDJ so maybe you can try IDJ? Their threads:

Mine has a mix of smaller and bigger diamonds. The bigger bezels are approx 5.1mm and the smaller ones are approx 4.1mm adding to 3.8 ctw over 18cm.
0B049785-4976-4EF2-93C0-EC22005FBB30.jpeg

Thank you for sharing the details and and for the other threads too - I really love this style!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing the details and and for the other threads too - I really love this style!!!

Most welcome! If you do get one pls post and tag me k? I like it cos it’s blingy yet casual enough for me not to feel self conscious wearing it 24/7 and with any sort of outfit. I think @ILikeShiny and @ccuheartnurse mentioned similar thoughts too. We should form a diamond station bracelet club lol.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I just had a little online shopping spree with Grace's summer sale, and convinced myself to also buy something that wasn't included in the sale but that I've coveted for a long time.

It's a deliciously ridiculous piece, but I bought the antique Victorian monocle/quizzing glass. I think it'll be fun to wear on a muff chain with cocktail/black tie attire, and I can see it as being potentially useful for peering at the Opera program/cocktail menu/etc.

Pics once everything arrives. I'm just so excited that I had to share with someone... and sadly, there are not many people in my life who would be as..appreciative...of this particular tidbit, as the lovely people on Pricescope!

It’s a stunning piece and so whimisical and cute!! Tonnes of pics when you get it pls.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Most welcome! If you do get one pls post and tag me k? I like it cos it’s blingy yet casual enough for me not to feel self conscious wearing it 24/7 and with any sort of outfit. I think @ILikeShiny and @ccuheartnurse mentioned similar thoughts too. We should form a diamond station bracelet club lol.

Love that idea! I will let you know. My bling budget is too low now, ha ha.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
So the jewelry box is feeling a little empty-ish after selling some pieces and I happened to see this one yesterday (my grandmother’s birthday). She passed the day after Christmas last year and her favorite color is red. I thought about getting a ruby ring to commemorate her but forgot about the idea for a while until I saw this piece.

Possibly made between 1920s-30s with swedish hallmarks.
Lab ruby with under 1.50 ct of OECs, platinum head and 18K WG.
648674C3-2FC8-483A-9061-FFD43AFA67D9.jpeg 6CD9C960-100F-4093-B488-2187587B7E83.jpeg

ean

Brilliant_Rock

Omg I need to see this monocle!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received these (incredibly annoying!) photos from Amy at DKJ the other day and thought people might be interested in seeing them. They're annoying because they're smaller and less clear than I would have liked, but perhaps anyone with better eyesight than me might enjoy seeing the process.

Lots of polishing and refining the individual components!

Firstly, all the individual bits - the decals for the back, the shanks, baskets, and the wraps:

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

Polishing baskets:

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

Polishing the shank of the solitaire:

IMG_3351.jpg

And lastly - finally giving SOME idea of how this is going to look when done - the basket and the shank have been attached and are now being polished, before having the wraps and the back decal attached, after which the migraine will be done by the engraver and the stones set.

Some people think a cast ring is a straightforward process. But there is a GREAT deal of hand work that goes into it. So this is just for anyone who wanted to get an idea of what's involved.

Enjoy!

IMG_3345.jpg

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I received these (incredibly annoying!) photos from Amy at DKJ the other day and thought people might be interested in seeing them. They're annoying because they're smaller and less clear than I would have liked, but perhaps anyone with better eyesight than me might enjoy seeing the process.

Lots of polishing and refining the individual components!

Firstly, all the individual bits - the decals for the back, the shanks, baskets, and the wraps:

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

Polishing baskets:

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

Polishing the shank of the solitaire:

IMG_3351.jpg

And lastly - finally giving SOME idea of how this is going to look when done - the basket and the shank have been attached and are now being polished, before having the wraps and the back decal attached, after which the migraine will be done by the engraver and the stones set.

Some people think a cast ring is a straightforward process. But there is a GREAT deal of hand work that goes into it. So this is just for anyone who wanted to get an idea of what's involved.

Enjoy!

IMG_3345.jpg

I love these - but I used my big monitor to blow up the pics (my eyesight it really bad, too). I can't wait to see the finished product - and love, love, love seeing all the skill that goes into making one! thank you for sharing :)

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bought only this 18k link bracelet and asked the jeweler to fix my little diamond pendants that I no longer wear on chains plus a pair of butterfly earrings I no longer wear…all the pieces have teeny diamonds and one has tsavorite, enjoying the change! DA64B910-A67F-4146-8675-E88CB5A64EDB.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought only this 18k link bracelet and asked the jeweler to fix my little diamond pendants that I no longer wear on chains plus a pair of butterfly earrings I no longer wear…all the pieces have teeny diamonds and one has tsavorite, enjoying the change! DA64B910-A67F-4146-8675-E88CB5A64EDB.jpeg

GORGEOUS, @EllenS1! I love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results