shape
carat
color
clarity

For tennis bracelets, how important are H&A's?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm starting to explore acquiring one and have been presented with the option of getting precision cuts (from a PS recommended vendor) instead of H&A to keep the cost down. At a diamond in the .10 - .15 range, will it make much of a difference? It doesn't have to be best of the best, but we'd want it to be white and sparkly.

Also, does anyone have a snag-proof prong set tennis bracelet that isn't a "line" style? I went in wanting bezel set but that may force me to the .15 size, which might be more than I want to spend at the moment.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Ilikeshiny,
Thanks for starting this thread, I'll be reading all the replies with interest because I have been wondering about a similar situation, whether paying for WF ACA stones will be necessary in a tennis bracelet. Like yourself, I'm chasing something white and sparkly, but around the 5ctw.

Does anyone know what colour and clarity should be the minimum choice for a tennis bracelet? I've had a quote from IDJ and I've been also comparing the WF tennis bracelets, but i don't know if it's worth paying the extra for ACA stones and the higher clarity and whether I will notice the difference in diamonds around the 10 point mark.
I'm in Australia so I will have to add the extra GST charges onto the total.
I hope it's ok to add my question to your thread? I'm newbie and I'm unsure of whether it's custom to post under someone else's thread or start a new one?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My WF bracelet twinkles like bright stars everywhere! I wouldn’t buy the other. I have 3ct total weight.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My WF bracelet twinkles like bright stars everywhere! I wouldn’t buy the other. I have 3ct total weight.
What cut quality of stones do you have? ACA, special election, etc?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure how far I'd go with the H&A requirement of optical symmetry, but proportions sure do matter more in the smalls ... If they cannot deliver a dash of light, what else is there, IHMO. It so happens that the diamonds with fine brilliance also come with nice symmetry these days & perhaps some kind of 'Ideal' or H&A label.

Don't even ask what I might demand of melee - they better each glow in the dark ... not least because the illusion is there, in a field of identically perfect .01 bits !

Last edited:

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From what I've observed and maybe this isn't the case everywhere melee diamonds in general are brighter than bigger diamonds.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I love the idea about having H&A melee for small projects but my budget brings me down to reality. Lol. I have very good cut, F-G stones that do have lovely arrows so while they aren't ACA's for example, they sparkle like crazy. I got my bracelet from IDJ. I went with a bezeled station bracelet & glad I did! I wear it all the time when I'm not working. It's taken some hits as its on my right wrist. The only pic I have on my phone is a decent one but not great. If you look towards my outter wrist you'll see the bezels are a lot thicker than a regular diamond by the yard. They custom made the bezels cause I didn't want the culets sitting on my skin. Each stone is .13 & there are 23 of them. It's a bit big & most likely if you have a smaller wrist can get away with 21. I don't have a thread on it, & I probably should. Athenaworth posted her similar bracelet years ago & she was my inspiration for mine. I love it. Always get told how different it it. It's a style that goes with everything & with all occasions along with being super practical.
Judy

Ps...sorry for the pics 1st. I'm on my phone & haven't uploaded pics from here before. :-/

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I love the idea about having H&A melee for small projects but my budget brings me down to reality. Lol. I have very good cut, F-G stones that do have lovely arrows so while they aren't ACA's for example, they sparkle like crazy. I got my bracelet from IDJ. I went with a bezeled station bracelet & glad I did! I wear it all the time when I'm not working. It's taken some hits as its on my right wrist. The only pic I have on my phone is a decent one but not great. If you look towards my outter wrist you'll see the bezels are a lot thicker than a regular diamond by the yard. They custom made the bezels cause I didn't want the culets sitting on my skin. Each stone is .13 & there are 23 of them. It's a bit big & most likely if you have a smaller wrist can get away with 21. I don't have a thread on it, & I probably should. Athenaworth posted her similar bracelet years ago & she was my inspiration for mine. I love it. Always get told how different it it. It's a style that goes with everything & with all occasions along with being super practical.
Judy

Ps...sorry for the pics 1st. I'm on my phone & haven't uploaded pics from here before. :-/
OMG I love your bracelet!! I'm also interested in bezel set stones but had never considered (or seen) a bracelet where they weren't all connected to each other. I also love how yours really lends itself to casual or dressy. Your stones look sparkly white, so it seems safe to say that H&A isn't absolutely necessary. My wallet appreciates that :mrgreen2:!

One question: Does it flip? That would really bother me after a while.

ETA: can you show me a photo of the clasp too? Thanks!

Last edited:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would order a returnable IDJ TB and a WF TB to see with your own eyes. There is a balance between budget and bling and the balance is different for everyone.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Without a doubt, the cut of melee diamonds is super important.
I hesitate to call them H&A because they're not graded the same way as larger stones.
Other manufacturers do call them H&A- but there's no "standard" so it's important for consumers to look at the vendor's policies and other production.

ccuheartnurse- I LOVE that design- it goes so well with the Rolex-lookin' good!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the kind words. It's truly a flexible peice. I'll have to take a picture of the clasp. I asked for a larger lobster clasp as I've had thumb surgery & I can't manage the small lobsters. The bracelet flips & then it flips back. It's constantly in motion. I can say it's very comfortable & light to wear. :)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ccuheartnurse - A quick thank you for your help. We decided to go with the same style of bracelet that you have and I’m super excited to receive it (hopefully by Christmas)!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny so exciting! Congrats on your new purchase! It looks like a stunning bracelet!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting!! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :appl:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so pleased you chose the same style. I've never seen one like mine locally & often get a lot of compliments & "it's so different". Yep, it is. :mrgreen2: So sorry I've been so sporadic on PS that I didn't remember to post my lobster clasp. I went to Stuller to find the right size for my lobster. They got one the size I asked.

Can't wait to see your bracelet. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results