shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
39E0FE64-894A-4F1C-B5DA-44122CEB75CE.png

Just picked up The Green Goddess!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I adore this colour! Is this a green tourmaline?

Thank you -- I think the color is minty and refreshing! It's actually an emerald (unoiled/untreated) and super clean. I'll do a SMTR thread in a day or two, I was just so excited when I picked it up today that I took a pic before I was even in the elevator to leave the building LOL.

musicalmeow

Rough_Rock
Thank you -- I think the color is minty and refreshing! It's actually an emerald (unoiled/untreated) and super clean. I'll do a SMTR thread in a day or two, I was just so excited when I picked it up today that I took a pic before I was even in the elevator to leave the building LOL.

Thanks for explaining! I'm a newbie still learning my way around CS. I adore light aqua / minty / 'eau de Nil' coloured stones, and am now learning that I can find these shades in aquamarines, tourmalines, and now emeralds! I love the step cut (is that what it's called?) too, it really brings out the different nuances in this shade. Can't wait to see your thread!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been looking for a band to wear with my e-ring reset for a while now and I came across this beauty. At 50% off I just had to have it! 2 round brilliants, 2 radiants and 3 pears 744A84FC-90A4-4662-AB7C-29E5A3EEEE9F.jpeg 475755F3-8A8B-4DD8-A894-47CA678D0191.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I received the 1.5mm diamond eternity ring to add to my stack. I’m not sure whether I like it or not.

83CA69C7-14B0-47AE-8F1D-C7572E7987F5.jpeg

I’ll be honest, I’d prefer a more vintage style with your ring, like a bright cut, milgrained band with single cuts

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’ll be honest, I’d prefer a more vintage style with your ring, like a bright cut, milgrained band with single cuts

Yes, that is a good idea. I haven't found one yet. Because of the outer diameter of the engagement ring, the thin band size that looks good with it is a size 8, which I have to wear inside so it won't fall off.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that is a good idea. I haven't found one yet. Because of the outer diameter of the engagement ring, the thin band size that looks good with it is a size 8, which I have to wear inside so it won't fall off.

Ahhh yes I understand. It’s tricky to find bands without having them made, especially for anything that isn’t basically a size 5-6!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tourmaline sometimes when we look at close-up’s and admittedly, we are always looking closely at our stacks, we tend to see the differences more. All this to say, can you post distance shots of your stack. Like—is color difference noticeable from afar?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Tourmaline sometimes when we look at close-up’s and admittedly, we are always looking closely at our stacks, we tend to see the differences more. All this to say, can you post distance shots of your stack. Like—is color difference noticeable from afar?

Here’s a further away shot. I don’t like the boring flat edge that’s facing me. I think I’ll like the stack when I add another 1.5mm 24k band. The diamonds don’t really bother me, it’s more the modern style, which will be nicely nested between two 24k round wire bands.

2DD8EA2C-5587-47BD-A3EA-5776E4CA316A.jpeg

9BE2B0DC-1E8C-4AB8-82CF-357885DADFFC.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Here’s a further away shot. I don’t like the boring flat edge that’s facing me. I think I’ll like the stack when I add another 1.5mm 24k band. The diamonds don’t really bother me, it’s more the modern style, which will be nicely nested between two 24k round wire bands.

2DD8EA2C-5587-47BD-A3EA-5776E4CA316A.jpeg

9BE2B0DC-1E8C-4AB8-82CF-357885DADFFC.jpeg

You already know my feelings...it would bug me (the color difference) alone, then the modernity

But that's me - I know I am neurotic and fixate on details and have a keen eye for color. Once I have seen something with a sense of dislike, I can't unsee it!

Will 99.9% of people think it is fabulous? Absolutely. You just need to decide how YOU feel about it!

The yellow gold band, I want to add, is just delicious with your OEC. I love that!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You already know my feelings...it would bug me (the color difference) alone, then the modernity

But that's me - I know I am neurotic and fixate on details and have a keen eye for color. Once I have seen something with a sense of dislike, I can't unsee it!

Will 99.9% of people think it is fabulous? Absolutely. You just need to decide how YOU feel about it!

The yellow gold band, I want to add, is just delicious with your OEC. I love that!

I understand. I do love warmth in a diamond, so part of me kind of likes the fact that the tiny white diamonds highlight the warmth of my OEC. This kind of contrast did bother me when I had a warm round brilliant, though.

The moderness, however, bothers me. If I can hide the plain flat sides between the gold bands, it will tide me over until I find an antique one that matches these dimensions. Or maybe I’ll decide I don’t like it and put it in a drawer, haha.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I understand. I do love warmth in a diamond, so part of me kind of likes the fact that the tiny white diamonds highlight the warmth of my OEC. This kind of contrast did bother me when I had a warm round brilliant, though.

The moderness, however, bothers me. If I can hide the plain flat sides between the gold bands, it will tide me over until I find an antique one that matches these dimensions. Or maybe I’ll decide I don’t like it and put it in a drawer, haha.

I totally get it! What pleases you is most important! You can always sit with it, enjoy it for now and replace it down the road if you decide! Either way I like the thickness and the overall balance it gives to the set - I think a stack with 3 rings is ideal and I love how delicate it is!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For the last couple of years DW has been looking for a simple but elegant yellow gold chain necklace that lies flat and stays flat. :mrgreen2:

All good things come to she who waits, and with a little help from her DH, she finally found the one! It was made about 40 years ago by Lester Lampert in 18K.

Gold Chain Vendor 1.jpg

Gold Chain 1.jpg

Gold Chain 2.jpg

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! So classy looking! Congrats!!!@junebug17

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Couldn't resist posting another (clearer, maybe) photo of my new Tiffany rose gold bean, I love it so much, it is so shiny and delicate and with sweet presence at the same time :). I got it in loving memory of my grandfather, as it is a symbol of life, to celebrate his beautiful life and everything he taught me (he raised me) tempImageOWq0pE.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results