shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unsure. Sort of teetering on the edges of needing to check into Hotel Hospital. I have a bad reaction to steroids, and the only way to treat this is with big steroid doses. When that happens, my blood glucose jacks up super high, so I need insulin. When I'm not on steroids - I'm fine. So I'm trying to cope by staying at home and keeping the steroids as low as possible, while still treating the colitis. This ultimately becomes a tightrope that's beyond me to monitor at home. I'm better today, tho, than I have been for the last week or two. For the last week, I haven't been able to sit up because of the pressure it places on my belly. Anyway, all that to say - unsure. Thanks for asking, my friend. ox

On the up side, tho - can I just say that I got that beautiful, 1.6ct K VS diamond....for $2668?? It was originally over $3100, and after I enquired about it, left it in my cart, went back and looked at it a dozen times but didn't pull the trigger - the price started dropping. Obviously, they could see that I was teetering. When the price got below $2700, I couldn't stand it any more and bought it. There are fabulous deals to be had in diamonds at the moment. The downwards price push on mined diamonds due to the uptick in the lab diamond market is doing wonderful things for those of us who are always looking to pad our jewelry boxes with increasing numbers of mined diamonds! And I'm totally happy to take advantage of the situation. :bigsmile:

ETA And just to add - the diamonds in the earrings are roughly .97ct each - K VS1 and K VS2 respectively. I paid slightly above and slightly below $4k for each of them some years ago, and they're both super ideal cut. I thought they were a good deal at the time. But the idea of getting a 1.6ct K VS2 for significantly below 3k is just extraordinary. And, to my eye, the cut on it looks beautiful. It's also GIA certed, which is worth something to me. The whole set, made up, will come in at around 17k which includes tax, delivery, and all relevant certification (AGS and/or GIA). This just goes to show the power of a) shopping around and b) K colored diamonds. Since i love 18kt yellow gold, and K colored diamonds look fabulous and plenty white when surrounded by 18kt yellow gold, this is a wonderful way to get a beautiful, substantial looking set for a doable price. I bought all these things separately over a number of years, so the pain was spread out. The setting gives the diamonds considerable heft and presence, and the golden SS pearl drops are just a bonus. Honestly, of all the things I've ever bought, I think this set represents the best value for money.

I don't regularly post the price of things. In fact - almost never. But I just thought this was interesting and very encouraging for people looking to put together something special.

I’ve noticed this drop in prices for mined diamond myself, which is why I’m focusing on buying diamond right now rather than, say, colored gemstones which are going the absolute opposite direction right now!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unsure. Sort of teetering on the edges of needing to check into Hotel Hospital. I have a bad reaction to steroids, and the only way to treat this is with big steroid doses. When that happens, my blood glucose jacks up super high, so I need insulin. When I'm not on steroids - I'm fine. So I'm trying to cope by staying at home and keeping the steroids as low as possible, while still treating the colitis. This ultimately becomes a tightrope that's beyond me to monitor at home. I'm better today, tho, than I have been for the last week or two. For the last week, I haven't been able to sit up because of the pressure it places on my belly. Anyway, all that to say - unsure. Thanks for asking, my friend. ox

On the up side, tho - can I just say that I got that beautiful, 1.6ct K VS diamond....for $2668?? It was originally over $3100, and after I enquired about it, left it in my cart, went back and looked at it a dozen times but didn't pull the trigger - the price started dropping. Obviously, they could see that I was teetering. When the price got below $2700, I couldn't stand it any more and bought it. There are fabulous deals to be had in diamonds at the moment. The downwards price push on mined diamonds due to the uptick in the lab diamond market is doing wonderful things for those of us who are always looking to pad our jewelry boxes with increasing numbers of mined diamonds! And I'm totally happy to take advantage of the situation. :bigsmile:

ETA And just to add - the diamonds in the earrings are roughly .97ct each - K VS1 and K VS2 respectively. I paid slightly above and slightly below $4k for each of them some years ago, and they're both super ideal cut. I thought they were a good deal at the time. But the idea of getting a 1.6ct K VS2 for significantly below 3k is just extraordinary. And, to my eye, the cut on it looks beautiful. It's also GIA certed, which is worth something to me. The whole set, made up, will come in at around 17k which includes tax, delivery, and all relevant certification (AGS and/or GIA). This just goes to show the power of a) shopping around and b) K colored diamonds. Since i love 18kt yellow gold, and K colored diamonds look fabulous and plenty white when surrounded by 18kt yellow gold, this is a wonderful way to get a beautiful, substantial looking set for a doable price. I bought all these things separately over a number of years, so the pain was spread out. The setting gives the diamonds considerable heft and presence, and the golden SS pearl drops are just a bonus. Honestly, of all the things I've ever bought, I think this set represents the best value for money.

I don't regularly post the price of things. In fact - almost never. But I just thought this was interesting and very encouraging for people looking to put together something special.

It really is a beautiful diamond & that price has dropped my jaw! I’m going to have to start thinking about anything I might be ‘missing’ from my Dream list (the watch in summer was the last thing, so might need to invent more…) & start having a mooch online :lol-2:

Urgh, your illness is so tricky to treat. It sounds like you are managing a bit better today & I have everything crossed for further improvement & stabilisation x

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

That was a massive score, @mrs-b!

tomato

Shiny_Rock
My new emerald eternity band arrived today. :) I came home late, am tired and will open the package tomorrow. Does anyone else wait to open a bling package?

I will if it’s very late or I’m not in a good mood to enjoy it! I’ll just wait til the next day and make sure I have the time to enjoy opening it :)

tomato

Shiny_Rock
I’ve noticed this drop in prices for mined diamond myself, which is why I’m focusing on buying diamond right now rather than, say, colored gemstones which are going the absolute opposite direction right now!

One of the jewelers I’ve been talking to commented that mined stones are down (or were at the time, a month or so ago) about 20-30%. Idk if it’s pressure from lab stones, people not spending on jewelry because the cost of everything else has gone up, or what.

tomato

Shiny_Rock
I am waiting on a pair of diamonds to decide what to do with - a bypass ring or earrings - but they’re lab stones. Finding a pair of matching hexagon cuts in a mined stone was just not happening after several months of looking.

I’ll post them over in the lab forum though, if they turn out nice and are worth sharing. :) I’m thinking of using them with a pair of smaller mined studs to make drops. Not sure yet.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will if it’s very late or I’m not in a good mood to enjoy it! I’ll just wait til the next day and make sure I have the time to enjoy opening it :)

One of the jewelers I’ve been talking to commented that mined stones are down (or were at the time, a month or so ago) about 20-30%. Idk if it’s pressure from lab stones, people not spending on jewelry because the cost of everything else has gone up, or what.

How exciting that you are getting a new pair of lab diamonds in the mail. :) I expect diamond prices both natural and lab will increase in May for Mother's day then go back down until November. I've been tempted to buy a natural RB for a
Toi et moi ring. I have a few unset spinels that I can picture for that project. It's a really good time to buy diamonds be it lab or natural right now.

tomato

Shiny_Rock
How exciting that you are getting a new pair of lab diamonds in the mail. :) I expect diamond prices both natural and lab will increase in May for Mother's day then go back down until November. I've been tempted to buy a natural RB for a
Toi et moi ring. I have a few unset spinels that I can picture for that project. It's a really good time to buy diamonds be it lab or natural right now.

It is a good time to buy them, I agree. I was not a fan of toi et moi for several years, but they’ve grown on me recently, particularly as RHR. (What color spinels if I may ask? )

I’m still waiting around to see if Costco puts their tennis bracelets on sale around Mother’s Day. I am not sure I will bite the bullet, but they have such good deals that their mined diamond bracelets are cost-wise on par with lab diamond bracelets from other retailers. It doesn’t make sense to me to buy lab from a retailer with a very limited return policy vs Costco!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0343.jpeg
So I picked up the pinky ring as my souvenir from Canterbury from the cutest pawn shop. At least .39 in old
Mine cuts on 18kt.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0336.jpeg
    IMG_0336.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 5

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@JPie we need deets and a massive thread on your new bauble :evil2:. I’m still recovering after seeing it last night….

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie we need deets and a massive thread on your new bauble :evil2:. I’m still recovering after seeing it last night….

what have I missed?????? I must know!!!!

My diamond hoops are here!! ~12ctw of yummy mirror-y ECs! This picture does them no justice whatsoever but I was out of time (they got here a couple days ago and I had to put them away for the time being) so just snapped a really quick one. They're a gorgeous bright white in reality, and no inclusions that I can see even under a regular loupe.

I love them :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My diamond hoops are here!! ~12ctw of yummy mirror-y ECs! This picture does them no justice whatsoever but I was out of time (they got here a couple days ago and I had to put them away for the time being) so just snapped a really quick one. They're a gorgeous bright white in reality, and no inclusions that I can see even under a regular loupe.

I love them :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Congratulations! They are stunning :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.6ct K VS2 pear shaped diamond from Brilliance arrived today. It's absolutely stunning and will make a perfect pendant to go with my K colored earrings.

Very happy. Also very happy with this company, which I haven't used before, but whose prices seem to be as low or lower than any company I've found.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.6ct K VS2 pear shaped diamond from Brilliance arrived today. It's absolutely stunning and will make a perfect pendant to go with my K colored earrings.

Very happy. Also very happy with this company, which I haven't used before, but whose prices seem to be as low or lower than any company I've found.

PICTURES!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PICTURES!

Can't. I tried - but my phone won't focus on it. It just looks like a blurry blob. I wish I could tho - it's spectacular and way larger than I thought it would be! Makes me want to make a ring from it! But I have other ideas for that....

:dance:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't. I tried - but my phone won't focus on it. It just looks like a blurry blob. I wish I could tho - it's spectacular and way larger than I thought it would be! Makes me want to make a ring from it! But I have other ideas for that....

:dance:

I bought an inexpensive “macro lens” on Amazon that clips in my phone and it helped with this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results