shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Omg I need more details!! What's the details on the centre stone! Us Aussies are getting in on these old cuts haha. P.s. those French cuts are amazing.. I'm drooling..

The stone is preloved from wonderful @Demelza. She's a 2.46 K VS1.
There are more pictures and videos here which is where I fell in love with it's charming facets. The new setting isn't too dissimilar to it's old one - but I had to do the stone justice with a mount from Caysie!
I'm in QLD! I'm lucky to have a wonderful antique jewellery store in my town which has some stunning pieces. I've had to restrain from any mini projects while this one is underway - I might treat myself for being so well behaved with a new band after it arrives :lol-2:

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
There are more pictures and videos here which is where I fell in love with it's charming facets. The new setting isn't too dissimilar to it's old one - but I had to do the stone justice with a mount from Caysie!
I'm in QLD! I'm lucky to have a wonderful antique jewellery store in my town which has some stunning pieces. I've had to restrain from any mini projects while this one is underway - I might treat myself for being so well behaved with a new band after it arrives :lol-2:

Oh gosh I'm so excited and apologies if I missed where you got the stone from. I may have to trawl back through your posts etc. I know how you feel shit doing the new ring justice. Lol I have a new ring coming but I went over budget on the stone so sadly could not afford a CVB setting hahaha. Maybe one day!! Oh gosh I'm originally from QLD and come back occasionally to visit. I only know of the antique guild in Brisbane city? And Harrington's, oh and Imperial jewellery now too. I'll be back in QLD in July, maybe we will both have our new sparklies then and they should have a date hehe.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh I'm so excited and apologies if I missed where you got the stone from. I may have to trawl back through your posts etc. I know how you feel shit doing the new ring justice. Lol I have a new ring coming but I went over budget on the stone so sadly could not afford a CVB setting hahaha. Maybe one day!! Oh gosh I'm originally from QLD and come back occasionally to visit. I only know of the antique guild in Brisbane city? And Harrington's, oh and Imperial jewellery now too. I'll be back in QLD in July, maybe we will both have our new sparklies then and they should have a date hehe.

If you come up to Noosa then check out Isabellas. She has some incredible pieces and it's always a treat to see big stones in Australia. Here's (I think) a 3.5ct that I tried on back in October that she had in the window. IMG_0449.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
If you come up to Noosa then check out Isabellas. She has some incredible pieces and it's always a treat to see big stones in Australia. Here's (I think) a 3.5ct that I tried on back in October that she had in the window. IMG_0449.jpg

Oh gosh that's pretty but I can't imagine the price tag on that thing lol. Even with exchange rates and taxes, it's still cheaper for us to buy from the US.

I saw this listed which was comparable to my current diamond and my jaw dropped..

I'll have to come check out that shop in Noosa and my favourite jeweller moved to Peregian Beach so I might have to make a trip out of it.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh that's pretty but I can't imagine the price tag on that thing lol. Even with exchange rates and taxes, it's still cheaper for us to buy from the US.

I saw this listed which was comparable to my current diamond and my jaw dropped..

I'll have to come check out that shop in Noosa and my favourite jeweller moved to Peregian Beach so I might have to make a trip out of it.

Oh she was expensive, definitely north of $110,000 but can't quite remember the specific number. Do you have a link to your new diamond? I'd love to see!
Oh yes Peregian is just down the road! We'll have to host an Aussie PS meet up for the cooler months!
And you're right about the exchange rates - it's so much cheaper to purchase from the states than buy here. It's a shame because I'd love to support Aussie traders.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh she was expensive, definitely north of $110,000 but can't quite remember the specific number. Do you have a link to your new diamond? I'd love to see!
Oh yes Peregian is just down the road! We'll have to host an Aussie PS meet up for the cooler months!
And you're right about the exchange rates - it's so much cheaper to purchase from the states than buy here. It's a shame because I'd love to support Aussie traders.

Omg.. I expected it that much!! I found a diamond in Melbourne that fits the criteria ish but was $92,500 and I already thought that was too much let alone 110k!!

Oh we should definitely organise a PS Aus GTG! It would so great to see other old cuts in action. I've seen quite a few Aussies come through on this forum recently but they don't stay after the purchase which is a shame.

I don't have a link to my new stone, heck I didn't even make a smtb thread for my current ring haha.

I'll post a pic for the eagled eye PS'ers who may have seen my stone on social media.

IMG_20240301_132953_368.jpg

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@McLaren did you keep the original setting too? Or did you just buy the loose stone?

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
@McLaren did you keep the original setting too? Or did you just buy the loose stone?

just the loose stone. The original setting was a few sizes too big, but I definitely wanted to keep it as a 6 prong, with tabs instead of claws.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@McLaren, I am so excited for you!! It's a gorgeous diamond. Can't wait to see the finished ring on your finger!

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully I didn’t post this - I don’t think I did! I was browsing (ahem) at a local jeweler that sells preloved pieces and saw this zig zag white gold and diamond pendant. I don’t remember the exact specs, but around 0.5 ctw. I am a chemist and it reminded me so much of a carbon line structure I had to get it. It was also a great deal too.

I’m still on the hunt for a bracelet; hoping Costco will have another sale for mother’s day. If only I could quit finding other things I love. lol
IMG_8328.jpeg

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Had the stone for a while. Finally had it set.

IMG_1684.jpeg

TDF! Would love to see more pics, particularly of the bail and the loop on the wire. Are you finding the wire comfortable for daily wear?

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
TDF! Would love to see more pics, particularly of the bail and the loop on the wire. Are you finding the wire comfortable for daily wear?

Thank you @klrrrr, it's very comfortable for daily wear. It's just a basic twist in the wire and the bail is a simple loop. With hindsight, I could have had it made so you can change the pendant but I didn't haha...... in the long run, I think it will be ok as I don't have many pendants :P2

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @klrrrr, it's very comfortable for daily wear. It's just a basic twist in the wire and the bail is a simple loop. With hindsight, I could have had it made so you can change the pendant but I didn't haha...... in the long run, I think it will be ok as I don't have many pendants :P2

Attachments

• IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 34

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been meaning to reset my antique emerald moissy from Rhino (currently in a plane solitaire) and recently found a preloved tacori setting that can fit a 4ct sized emerald so took it as a sign it was meant to be.

1710212128193.png

1710212148410.png

1710212173945.png

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been meaning to reset my antique emerald moissy from Rhino (currently in a plane solitaire) and recently found a preloved tacori setting that can fit a 4ct sized emerald so took it as a sign it was meant to be.

1710212128193.png

1710212148410.png

1710212173945.png

Estimated to arrive on Thursday which is my anniversary. I’m really hoping it can fit the emerald!

IMG_3247.jpeg

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Can’t tell if this is 1980’s but I fell for it.
IMG_9192.jpeg

It does have an 1980s/1990s vibe a bit! I love it. Marquise are such a pretty cut for diamonds and gemstones.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I have been buying bands in anticipation of a bigger project.

IMG_2866.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg

I've been doing the same thing!! I have been 'in process' since Jan 5 on my new 5ct Lab OEC and i've been getting antsy so i am just buying bands... LOL. It took 4 weeks to get the Lab, then 4 weeks to get it recut, then i didnt want to send it away immediately so i was just holding it for a few weeks. I am finally sending it today to be set but I have bought 3 bands in the meantime! LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results