shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
She was inspired by Minerva, Fan Bing Bing’s ring and this ring!

lol I shouldn’t post this photo it makes my ring look bad! But I’m not a perfectionist, more of a “let’s just make this work” kinda gal so I made it work!

Almost 13 carats, Insignificant oil

IMG_1694.png PXL_20230801_033503016_Original.jpeg

@mellowyellowgirl Minerva is floored that she’s been mentioned in the same breath as Harry Winston and Fan Bingbing.
Now I know what you meant about a scandalously sized ring! i agree with @ItsMainelyYou and @Eli22 - big is certainly beautiful in this case. Wishing you lots of happiness, fun and excitement with your new emerald pal.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondhoarder, I'm so happy to hear from you! It's been quite a while.
And back you are with amazing finds, as usual. The emerald is fabulous, lit from within. And I love the bracelet with your watch.

Thanks Ibrakeforpossums. I sold my POH radiant which freed up some funds for a couple of new purchases :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is some a-MAZ-ing stuff going on here these days!

@diamondhoarder - lovely! And, in case I've never said this before - your sapphire and diamond three stone is the sort of ring that haunts my dreams. All class.

@mellowyellowgirl - Somewhere between your new ring and your jade necklace sits Nirvana. And - as is so often the case with ECs - there is no such thing as "too big". The perspective shot is just all that. I love it! Congratulations on a STUNNING addition!

@oldcutclubmember - I don't believe in stealing other people's designs.... But OH, I WANT TO!!! Your mother's ring is just incredible and a triumph of design! Great job and congratulations on this beauty! (And add me to the group of people salivating over your 5 stone!)

@Diamond*Dana - I remember when I *finally* got a 13 pt cushion cut diamond to use in my outer piercing. I'd wanted something like that for, literally, years. I had it bezel set to match my bezel set larger cushion cut diamonds, and I felt like it solved all sorts of problems! Sometimes it's the small things, y'know? I'm pleased for you that you got what you wanted - your set looks wonderful. <3

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm currently doing a few different projects, so it's forced me to sit down and figure out where I am with all my remaining projects. This is that list, as it currently stands. All the projects for 2024 are currently under way. Some of the projects for next year are negotiable. So we'll see where I end up.

Jewelry Projects 2024

Grey cushion cut spinel set east/west with double halo – rubies (1.5mm) and outer halo of diamonds (3mm). 18kt rose gold tri wire band.

Platinum, sapphire and diamond Gloria Floria. 6mm sapphire center, with approx .6ctw diamonds.

3 stone diamond studs - .96 + .6 +.41 – set in a triangular setting in 18kt white gold, rhodium plated. Six claw prongs on each stone, with the post for the earrings in the center of the three diamonds. I believe these will be 3.96ctw or ever so slightly over, when you weigh all the diamonds together.

Anniversary ring – 3 stone (what a surprise, right?) – round center with pear sides. Platinum.

1.51ct G VS2 Ascendancy diamond solitaire ring.

.8ct AVR 18kt yellow gold bezel set diamond stud – K SI1. For my outer piercing to wear with my golden SS pearls from Andrew Moline.

Starting a necklace to go with my opal drop earrings. Jordy from M’s Opals is cutting me my first 2 opals this weekend. This will be a suuuuuuper slow project, as I’m going to need roughly 21 opals, and they’re not cheap and I want them to match. Each opal will be bezel set, east/west, with quatrefoil set 3 pt diamonds set between each opal. They’ll basically be the same as my earrings, but set end to end in necklace. Seriously, this will probably take about 4 years; there’s no rush on this one. 18kt rose gold, as per the earrings.

Things for next year: a tapered 7 stone ring – 3 blue sapphires and 4 red spinels on yellow gold.

Diamond earrings – drops. I’ve given up on the clusters – they’re just too heavy for my ears. These ones will be box set, line set, 20pt diamonds with bezel set pears. 2” in length.

Blue spinel, pink enamel and diamond pendant.

Holly pin in white gold, covered in pave melee diamonds.

Third diamond bangle to go with the two I have. These are roughly 5.5ctw and are set in platinum.

8 stone diamond pin. 2.15ctw, super ideal cut diamonds. Platinum.

At that point I’ll be selling any leftover gems or will just throw my hands in the air and do a mosaic pendant/bangle/stick pin/some such thing.

It's a lot, but I'll just keep plugging on.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the earrings I'm going to match with my necklace, but it will be end to end around my neck, not a drop pendant. 21 sets of opal plus quatrefoil set diamonds.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm currently doing a few different projects, so it's forced me to sit down and figure out where I am with all my remaining projects. This is that list, as it currently stands. All the projects for 2024 are currently under way. Some of the projects for next year are negotiable. So we'll see where I end up.

Jewelry Projects 2024

Grey cushion cut spinel set east/west with double halo – rubies (1.5mm) and outer halo of diamonds (3mm). 18kt rose gold tri wire band.

Platinum, sapphire and diamond Gloria Floria. 6mm sapphire center, with approx .6ctw diamonds.

3 stone diamond studs - .96 + .6 +.41 – set in a triangular setting in 18kt white gold, rhodium plated. Six claw prongs on each stone, with the post for the earrings in the center of the three diamonds. I believe these will be 3.96ctw or ever so slightly over, when you weigh all the diamonds together.

Anniversary ring – 3 stone (what a surprise, right?) – round center with pear sides. Platinum.

.8ct AVR 18kt yellow gold bezel set diamond stud – K SI1. For my outer piercing to wear with my golden SS pearls from Andrew Moline.

Starting a necklace to go with my opal drop earrings. Jordy from M’s Opals is cutting me my first 2 opals this weekend. This will be a suuuuuuper slow project, as I’m going to need roughly 21 opals, and they’re not cheap and I want them to match. Each opal will be bezel set, east/west, with quatrefoil set 3 pt diamonds set between each opal. They’ll basically be the same as my earrings, but set end to end in necklace. Seriously, this will probably take about 4 years; there’s no rush on this one. 18kt rose gold, as per the earrings.

Things for next year: a tapered 7 stone ring – 3 blue sapphires and 4 red spinels on yellow gold.

Diamond earrings – drops. I’ve given up on the clusters – they’re just too heavy for my ears. These ones will be box set, line set, 20pt diamonds with bezel set pears. 2” in length.

Third diamond bangle to go with the two I have. These are roughly 5.5ctw and are set in platinum.

At that point I’ll be selling any leftover gems or will just throw my hands in the air and do a mosaic pendant/bangle/stick pin/some such thing.

Holy moly! This is a lot of bling projects, beautiful!

Can’t wait!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly! This is a lot of bling projects, beautiful!

Can’t wait!

I know it! :bigsmile: But it's to use up all the various diamonds and colored gems I've purposely bought over the years for specific projects. And all of them will be just a little bit individual and specific to me. They're the sorts of projects I like - nothing too run of the mill or common, and things that all scratch an itch and make my heart smile.

I haven't done much for the last year or two, so this is my response to that. And, to be honest, if I can make it through this year and don't do any of the projects I have planned for next year, I'll still feel like I've made a bunch of progress! Every single project Iisted is just a setting project; all the gems and diamonds are already in my possession. (..and when I say "possession", what I mean is "hot little hand"!)

Anything on the horizon for you, Ms Rolex?? <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s very hard to photograph and looks downright awful in most pics! But oh so pretty in real life!

PXL_20230805_071814180_Original.jpeg

well I died! Where did you source the emerald from?

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it! :bigsmile: But it's to use up all the various diamonds and colored gems I've purposely bought over the years for specific projects. And all of them will be just a little bit individual and specific to me. They're the sorts of projects I like - nothing too run of the mill or common, and things that all scratch an itch and make my heart smile.

I haven't done much for the last year or two, so this is my response to that. And, to be honest, if I can make it through this year and don't do any of the projects I have planned for next year, I'll still feel like I've made a bunch of progress! Every single project Iisted is just a setting project; all the gems and diamonds are already in my possession. (..and when I say "possession", what I mean is "hot little hand"!)

Anything on the horizon for you, Ms Rolex?? <3

Well that all sounds super exciting! And obviously I would expect nothing less than personalised individuality & stunning beauty from your creative mind :kiss2: (Lola waits patiently……)

Nothing new from me yet! Have put the watch out of my mind & left it all with Mr T. I shall just wait until I’m told to go & get the bracelet sized, at which point I shall allow myself to be giddy because I know its coming home with me :lol-2:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
These are the earrings I'm going to match with my necklace, but it will be end to end around my neck, not a drop pendant. 21 sets of opal plus quatrefoil set diamonds.

20211024_135526.jpg

That necklace will be so pretty. Any idea on the length?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That necklace will be so pretty. Any idea on the length?

Yes ma'am! 18.5", I believe!

And here's the video Jordy sent me last night, of the two opals he just cut for me:

These come from the same rough as 5 of the opals in my earrings. He's about to cut me a third one (we're just going back and forth on which rough to use), and then I'm going to get DKJ to make it up into a necklace. I'll add more opals and diamonds to it as time goes by, until the opals/diamonds go all the way around. But I can wear it in the meantime.

And then.....

Can someone say...bracelet?! :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loving my new Citizen eco-drive watch that I got yesterday. 28mm, diamond markers, sapphire crystal, stainless bracelet that has subtle touches of gold. I love how easy the hands are to see against the blue and the size is very comfortable.

IMG_2035.jpeg

IMG_2032.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jewelry Projects 2024

Oooooh boy. I can't wait :kiss2:

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Thinking of one of these two, but not 100% set on either one:
2 ctw diamonds by the yard necklace or 3 ctw tennis bracelet. Roughly the same price. I tried on the 5 ctw bracelet expecting that to be “the one” but it was a little too much bling for every day wear (to me!)
IMG_8068.jpeg
IMG_8073.jpeg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of one of these two, but not 100% set on either one:
2 ctw diamonds by the yard necklace or 3 ctw tennis bracelet. Roughly the same price. I tried on the 5 ctw bracelet expecting that to be “the one” but it was a little too much bling for every day wear (to me!)
IMG_8068.jpeg
IMG_8073.jpeg

Go for the bracelet cause you already got a necklace ;)2

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Go for the bracelet cause you already got a necklace ;)2

Funny that I saw your comment in my email, I just finished talking to the artist who made the skeleton pendant about making a bracelet for me (no skeletons this time). :lol: It'll be a longer term project though since he makes everything by hand carving.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Funny that I saw your comment in my email, I just finished talking to the artist who made the skeleton pendant about making a bracelet for me (no skeletons this time). :lol: It'll be a longer term project though since he makes everything by hand carving.

Great minds think alike haha. Can't wait to see your bracelet! I have been wanting to make a bangle for the longest of times but the cost.. it's eye watering for me :(

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Great minds think alike haha. Can't wait to see your bracelet! I have been wanting to make a bangle for the longest of times but the cost.. it's eye watering for me :(

Just the gold cost for a bangle is $$$$. :(I’d like a bangle too but I’ll have to see what he can do within my budget.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually did the same thing! Bought a 1.2mm platinum spacer (Etsy- Ferkos) so I could wear other metals with my platinum diamond ring.

I purchased from the same seller :bigsmile:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
My french cuts from Yoram have arrived with Caysie! Hoping this ring will be completed in March!

Screen Shot 2024-03-02 at 6.04.39 pm.png cvb_sadie soli - sadie_V1_03.jpg 7ecfdaaa-7993-4d27-b34e-8daa546efb3f.JPG

Omg I need more details!! What's the details on the centre stone! Us Aussies are getting in on these old cuts haha. P.s. those French cuts are amazing.. I'm drooling..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results