shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this sweet ring and love the color of the old gold. The stone is a ruby w pink purple tones. :)

IMG_9727.jpeg IMG_9726.jpeg

This is sooo pretty, I had a really similar ring but it was set east west in 24k - soooo pretty!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This is sooo pretty, I had a really similar ring but it was set east west in 24k - soooo pretty!!

This is 18 K but it’s so rich looking. I’ve noticed with older pieces the gold just has a different hue.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is 18 K but it’s so rich looking. I’ve noticed with older pieces the gold just has a different hue.

It’s absolutely beautiful. I love purple with yellow gold - it’s very Regal.

My grandmothers pieces are a much richer, buttery hue than my modern 18ct pieces.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting arrived! Good news: it’s gorgeous, and I love the Cadillac side stones. Bad news: might be too small for my moissy. It’s close though? I’ll see what my jeweler says next week when I visit them. Wish me luck! It’d be amazing if this works out.
IMG_3260.jpeg IMG_3261.jpeg IMG_3263.jpeg IMG_3264.jpeg IMG_3270.jpeg IMG_3269.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Setting arrived! Good news: it’s gorgeous, and I love the Cadillac side stones. Bad news: might be too small for my moissy. It’s close though? I’ll see what my jeweler says next week when I visit them. Wish me luck! It’d be amazing if this works out.
IMG_3260.jpeg IMG_3261.jpeg IMG_3263.jpeg IMG_3264.jpeg IMG_3270.jpeg IMG_3269.jpeg

Maybe with new prongs? Your gem is just so huge!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice! I hope this all comes together - it's going to be killer!

tomato

Shiny_Rock
On a trip to New Orleans and fell in love with a local shop. It always dangerous to “just browse”!

I purchased a pair of ruby eyed snake mini hoops. I had them sent to my home, so I’ll post a photo of them in my ears when I get back. I thought they’d be a good partner to larger earrings! It’s these:
IMG_8486.jpeg

They have so many cute things but I could not get over the diamond alligator necklace. My husband said absolutely not to that one. How cute is this though?!
IMG_8487.jpeg

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock

Fingers crossed for you! That setting would be amazing with your stone!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a trip to New Orleans and fell in love with a local shop. It always dangerous to “just browse”!

I purchased a pair of ruby eyed snake mini hoops. I had them sent to my home, so I’ll post a photo of them in my ears when I get back. I thought they’d be a good partner to larger earrings! It’s these:
IMG_8486.jpeg

They have so many cute things but I could not get over the diamond alligator necklace. My husband said absolutely not to that one. How cute is this though?!
IMG_8487.jpeg

Love these animals!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@tomato I love those whimsical pieces!

Went shopping - made a smile with these pinkish red rubies and this vivid red (pigeon blood cert) necklace. All the rubies are fr Burma.
IMG_3059.jpeg

Then I moved on to something big. Looks like a pelican.
I am on a buying fast - but someone else paid for it, so yay! :appl::appl:
IMG_3062.jpeg
IMG_3060.jpeg

tomato

Shiny_Rock
@tomato I love those whimsical pieces!

Went shopping - made a smile with these pinkish red rubies and this vivid red (pigeon blood cert) necklace. All the rubies are fr Burma.
IMG_3059.jpeg

Then I moved on to something big. Looks like a pelican.
I am on a buying fast - but someone else paid for it, so yay! :appl::appl:
IMG_3062.jpeg
IMG_3060.jpeg

I love a good ruby. Beautiful!!

bananabrains

Rough_Rock
Got this beauty from an estate shop. Love it in every light! 2.5 ct natural blue sapphire, with .50 ct diamond accent stones.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 31
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Little ruby and diamond snake huggie earring arrived! Still waiting on its partner, which has to be made. I like them enough that I’m considering the larger snake as well. :)

IMG_8558.jpeg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Little ruby and diamond snake huggie earring arrived! Still waiting on its partner, which has to be made. I like them enough that I’m considering the larger snake as well. :)

IMG_8558.jpeg

Neat. What kind of gem in the other earring? Am also curious what the big snake looks like.

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Neat. What kind of gem in the other earring? Am also curious what the big snake looks like.

Hopefully this link works. They have quite a few snake pieces, including two other snake hoops. One is a larger circumference version of the one I have, and the other is more solid gold without as much pave but an inner “belly” of diamonds. They sent me a 15% off coupon because my other earring needed to be made (inventory error) but even without it, their prices seem fair for fine jewelry.

The packaging was also stunning! Alligator tissue, wax seal, teal velvet box, and a box of matches that’s black with gold foil snake pattern. I don’t normally love packaging because it creates a lot of waste but you can actually recycle their packaging or save up a few and send the boxes back to them and get a discount off your next purchase if you’ve bought a few pieces.

The other earring is a cheapie from Nordstrom because I wanted to experiment with a chain earring, but if you like the color the stone, the closest would probably be kunzite! :)

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been rather unwell for the last couple of weeks. So I did what I always do when life gives me lemons - I bought a diamond! :mrgreen:

As you can see, it's a K colored diamond, nice and clean - which will be a good match with the diamonds in *these* earrings - also K colored, VS clarity, super ideal cut. The pear will be set in a similar style (double bezel, but pear shape, not cushion, on the pendant), to form a set. The pearls on these earrings are detachable, and I think I'd detach them if wearing the necklace.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been rather unwell for the last couple of weeks. So I did what I always do when life gives me lemons - I bought a diamond! :mrgreen:

As you can see, it's a K colored diamond, nice and clean - which will be a good match with the diamonds in *these* earrings - also K colored, VS clarity, super ideal cut. The pear will be set in a similar style (double bezel, but pear shape, not cushion, on the pendant), to form a set. The pearls on these earrings are detachable, and I think I'd detach them if wearing the necklace.

Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 9.11.24 AM.png

20190915_124708.jpg

So sorry to hear you’ve been unwell again, beautiful. I love what you’ve bought & your plans, but most importantly, are you ok?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear you’ve been unwell again, beautiful. I love what you’ve bought & your plans, but most importantly, are you ok?

Unsure. Sort of teetering on the edges of needing to check into Hotel Hospital. I have a bad reaction to steroids, and the only way to treat this is with big steroid doses. When that happens, my blood glucose jacks up super high, so I need insulin. When I'm not on steroids - I'm fine. So I'm trying to cope by staying at home and keeping the steroids as low as possible, while still treating the colitis. This ultimately becomes a tightrope that's beyond me to monitor at home. I'm better today, tho, than I have been for the last week or two. For the last week, I haven't been able to sit up because of the pressure it places on my belly. Anyway, all that to say - unsure. Thanks for asking, my friend. ox

On the up side, tho - can I just say that I got that beautiful, 1.6ct K VS diamond....for $2668?? It was originally over $3100, and after I enquired about it, left it in my cart, went back and looked at it a dozen times but didn't pull the trigger - the price started dropping. Obviously, they could see that I was teetering. When the price got below $2700, I couldn't stand it any more and bought it. There are fabulous deals to be had in diamonds at the moment. The downwards price push on mined diamonds due to the uptick in the lab diamond market is doing wonderful things for those of us who are always looking to pad our jewelry boxes with increasing numbers of mined diamonds! And I'm totally happy to take advantage of the situation. :bigsmile:

ETA And just to add - the diamonds in the earrings are roughly .97ct each - K VS1 and K VS2 respectively. I paid slightly above and slightly below $4k for each of them some years ago, and they're both super ideal cut. I thought they were a good deal at the time. But the idea of getting a 1.6ct K VS2 for significantly below 3k is just extraordinary. And, to my eye, the cut on it looks beautiful. It's also GIA certed, which is worth something to me. The whole set, made up, will come in at around 17k which includes tax, delivery, and all relevant certification (AGS and/or GIA). This just goes to show the power of a) shopping around and b) K colored diamonds. Since i love 18kt yellow gold, and K colored diamonds look fabulous and plenty white when surrounded by 18kt yellow gold, this is a wonderful way to get a beautiful, substantial looking set for a doable price. I bought all these things separately over a number of years, so the pain was spread out. The setting gives the diamonds considerable heft and presence, and the golden SS pearl drops are just a bonus. Honestly, of all the things I've ever bought, I think this set represents the best value for money.

I don't regularly post the price of things. In fact - almost never. But I just thought this was interesting and very encouraging for people looking to put together something special.

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goregous @mrs-b, the set will look fabulous! Thinking of you, and hoping you continue to improve xx

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new emerald eternity band arrived today. :) I came home late, am tired and will open the package tomorrow. Does anyone else wait to open a bling package?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results