shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought an unheated 1.51 cushion color change sapphire from Multicolour. It's listed as color change but it looks more color shift to me. Blue to violet/purple. I've been wanting one for awhile.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought an unheated 1.51 cushion color change sapphire from Multicolour. It's listed as color change but it looks more color shift to me. Blue to violet/purple. I've been wanting one for awhile.

Would love to see pictures! How do you plan on setting it?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to see pictures! How do you plan on setting it?

I’m thinking either a toi et moi with a diamond as the second stone or a diamond halo.

It’s been years since I’ve bought an unset stone because I’ve been discouraged by having them chipped during setting. Hopefully this won’t happen again.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I’m thinking either a toi et moi with a diamond as the second stone or a diamond halo.

It’s been years since I’ve bought an unset stone because I’ve been discouraged by having them chipped during setting. Hopefully this won’t happen again.

Both sounds like beautiful options- Looking forward to seeing what you decide! Oh, no! I've never had that happen, but it's always a worry. Hope you won't have any issue this time and that the setting goes smooth!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased this Blue Nile band on eBay. It is platinum and was more than 50% off with my “best offer”! I love it! IMG_0017.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased this Blue Nile band on eBay. It is platinum and was more than 50% off with my “best offer”! I love it! IMG_0017.jpeg

That is SUCH a pretty combination! Looks lovely with your pear!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found the most perfect earrings for my 2nd ear piercings! I have NEVER bought earrings specifically for those piercings and really never use them anyway. But these? These I had to have. They are dainty and I plan to wear them with my WG inside out hoops:

IMG_4150.jpeg

Thanks again, Alex Park, for taking my money. Lol I’ll have to get my suite of emerald and diamonds in WG and plat together for a photo shoot!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found the most perfect earrings for my 2nd ear piercings! I have NEVER bought earrings specifically for those piercings and really never use them anyway. But these? These I had to have. They are dainty and I plan to wear them with my WG inside out hoops:

IMG_4150.jpeg

Thanks again, Alex Park, for taking my money. Lol I’ll have to get my suite of emerald and diamonds in WG and plat together for a photo shoot!

Beautiful - that green is lush!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dropped some things off at DKJ today to have a new pair of studs made, and 2 rings. Looked at a bunch of other things. Fell in love with everything. DKJ has a new bench who does 100% handcrafted pieces. MAJOR swoon.

<sigh>

I seriously love jewelry.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I just bought a blue spinel ring from Ivy New York. It'll ship next week and hopefully I like it on me! The blue spinel was much, much, much less expensive than the grey or red spinel versions so I had to order it. This feels like the boldest jewelry purchase I've made since it wasn't secondhand from a PSer and I didn't have a whole thread on it first like I did with my rubellite ring. Ack! But Ivy has a good reputation from what I can tell and the price seemed very good so I figured I had to try. I didn't ask for any additional photos besides the ones below.

Despite wearing shades of blue/grey/black most days, I own nothing blue in jewelry except my paraiba ring which feels a bit dressy. I can imagine this matching my wardrobe well, plus it kind of has an edgy casual look to it that I expect will feel more wearable in my daily life. I'm expecting a dark steely blue-grey but hopefully it doesn't black out too much and hopefully that top central melee diamond isn't cloudy in-person.

It's 1.61 carats of natural blue spinels (nothing stated about treatment and no certs) and 0.15 carats of diamonds, currently a size 6.5 and I'm a 6.75 so I'm also hoping it's on the bigger side so I can avoid resizing it!
1712937878425.png
1712938278457.png

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Dropped some things off at DKJ today to have a new pair of studs made, and 2 rings. Looked at a bunch of other things. Fell in love with everything. DKJ has a new bench who does 100% handcrafted pieces. MAJOR swoon.

<sigh>

I seriously love jewelry.

do you have any photos for us? and are you getting anything from that new bench? :evil2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you have any photos for us? and are you getting anything from that new bench? :evil2:

No, no photos. Nothing is made yet. And no - nothing from the new bench either. I wish, tho.....

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, no photos. Nothing is made yet. And no - nothing from the new bench either. I wish, tho.....

Since you saw some of their work - Do you think they have a special niche/style that stands out as their specialty - what maybe they’d be especially suited for?

Not that I’m trying to sort out which of what should be a next project or anything :whistle:
Lol

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought a blue spinel ring from Ivy New York. It'll ship next week and hopefully I like it on me! The blue spinel was much, much, much less expensive than the grey or red spinel versions so I had to order it. This feels like the boldest jewelry purchase I've made since it wasn't secondhand from a PSer and I didn't have a whole thread on it first like I did with my rubellite ring. Ack! But Ivy has a good reputation from what I can tell and the price seemed very good so I figured I had to try. I didn't ask for any additional photos besides the ones below.

Despite wearing shades of blue/grey/black most days, I own nothing blue in jewelry except my paraiba ring which feels a bit dressy. I can imagine this matching my wardrobe well, plus it kind of has an edgy casual look to it that I expect will feel more wearable in my daily life. I'm expecting a dark steely blue-grey but hopefully it doesn't black out too much and hopefully that top central melee diamond isn't cloudy in-person.

It's 1.61 carats of natural blue spinels (nothing stated about treatment and no certs) and 0.15 carats of diamonds, currently a size 6.5 and I'm a 6.75 so I'm also hoping it's on the bigger side so I can avoid resizing it!
1712937878425.png
1712938278457.png

This is lovely! I have been considering a similar style setting for a dark blue sapphire I own.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you saw some of their work - Do you think they have a special niche/style that stands out as their specialty - what maybe they’d be especially suited for?

Not that I’m trying to sort out which of what should be a next project or anything :whistle:
Lol

Intricate metal work. Natural looking with unique motifs. Sculptural. Very organic, with perfect balance. Delicate. Super delicate.

They were my initial impressions.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1712937878425.png
1712938278457.png

This is sublime! But how can it only be 15 pts of diamonds?? I love this ring! But @newtojewels - let me just say - the ring in your avatar is just...just..perfection. <3

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
This is lovely! I have been considering a similar style setting for a dark blue sapphire I own.
I hope it will be lovely in person! Here are two other other rings from them that might be inspiring. Do you have any other photos or drawings for what you're considering?

1712963066099.png
1712963109890.png
This is sublime! But how can it only be 15 pts of diamonds?? I love this ring! But @newtojewels - let me just say - the ring in your avatar is just...just..perfection. <3
I'm not sure! But the second sapphire ring above says it's 31 pts for 84 diamonds so it lines up with the one I got. They'll be very small! I was zooming out in the photo until it was life-size and it seems like it will be a very delicate ring.

And thank you! I had admired the rubellite ring for ~2 years on JbG and no one bought it in that time so I thought there was maybe something wrong with it. But I loved it from the beginning and continued to love it when I saw it in person! And it didn't even need to be sized so it was obviously just waiting for me to finally have a bling budget :) It makes me smile every time I see it, so who cares if it wasn't the deal of the century? It's definitely a polarizing ring, though -- most of my friends love it but my mother hates it!

Attachments

• 1712963019667.png
    1712963019667.png
    325 KB · Views: 4

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it will be lovely in person! Here are two other other rings from them that might be inspiring. Do you have any other photos or drawings for what you're considering?

1712963066099.png
1712963109890.png
Oh nothing so fine as these examples, just something with a similar feel (halo around a trio of stones).

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

1712963066099.png
1712963109890.png

I'm not sure! But the second sapphire ring above says it's 31 pts for 84 diamonds so it lines up with the one I got. They'll be very small! I was zooming out in the photo until it was life-size and it seems like it will be a very delicate ring.

And thank you! I had admired the rubellite ring for ~2 years on JbG and no one bought it in that time so I thought there was maybe something wrong with it. But I loved it from the beginning and continued to love it when I saw it in person! And it didn't even need to be sized so it was obviously just waiting for me to finally have a bling budget :) It makes me smile every time I see it, so who cares if it wasn't the deal of the century? It's definitely a polarizing ring, though -- most of my friends love it but my mother hates it!

I love that top one! The one that looks like blue topaz.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I love that top one! The one that looks like blue topaz.

That's a tourmaline and it was available for $910 though I don't see it on the website anymore. It was called the "orbit" ring.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Intricate metal work. Natural looking with unique motifs. Sculptural. Very organic, with perfect balance. Delicate. Super delicate.

They were my initial impressions.

Now that you mention it, there have been a few pieces showing up in the DK IG feed that have felt more... elevated? Like the pave on the basket of this gorgeous emerald ring. Exciting stuff!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
This platinum deco bow-shaped brooch with old cut diamonds (OMC, single cut) and calibre-cut sapphires arrived today. I had it on my watchlist for ages, then decided I would be sad if someone else bought it. They don't make them like this anymore.

IMG_8493.jpeg

Here I am wearing it on my wrist on a black velvet ribbon. It goes well with my heirloom OEC and my sapphire ring from the same period. I thought I might consider converting it to a bracelet, but who am I kidding. All the pins and brooches you see these days turning into pendants and losing their original function hurt my heart.

IMG_8504.jpeg
IMG_8499.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This platinum deco bow-shaped brooch with old cut diamonds (OMC, single cut) and calibre-cut sapphires arrived today. I had it on my watchlist for ages, then decided I would be sad if someone else bought it. They don't make them like this anymore.

IMG_8493.jpeg

Here I am wearing it on my wrist on a black velvet ribbon. It goes well with my heirloom OEC and my sapphire ring from the same period. I thought I might consider converting it to a bracelet, but who am I kidding. All the pins and brooches you see these days turning into pendants and losing their original function hurt my heart.

IMG_8504.jpeg
IMG_8499.jpeg

I need more pictures of that sapphire ring!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I need more pictures of that sapphire ring!

Your wish is my command:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My birthday is in May but hubby got a jump on it. Waiting on this original OMC/Onyx Art Deco bracelet coming from England.

Vintage Onyx and Diamond Bracelet.jpg

Vintage Onyx and Diamond Bracelet3.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your wish is my command:

Beautiful! I have a sapphire that color (my engagement sapphire) that I am waffling about setting and seeing examples of other rings with similar stones is helpful. The metal work on that ring is to die for.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back in January I bought a small, 4mm OEC with a GIA report, H VS2. At the time I also bought what I hoped was a mate, from the same seller, but the cut on the second one sucked and I returned it.

The one I kept is on the left.
IMG_2049.jpeg

I've been hunting for a mate for the H VS2 ever since, but it had to be cheap! Today I found what I hope is a nice mate for her from the same seller. It’s an I SI1 this time and I think the cut and proportions line up nicely. Yes it is hilarious that these tiny diamonds have GIA reports, but I love it of course.

Fingers crossed!! It's being sent through eBay international shipping, so given my last experiences using that shipping method I should have it in about 3 weeks.

I am hoping to use these two OECs as side stones for my original engagement sapphire, which has been sitting loose and unloved for about 10 years. It is a dark royal blue that was common in the era when these OECs were cut so it feels fitting to pair them up.

Here is my sapphire looking her best, hanging out with some friends.

IMG_1853.jpeg

hazeleyes29

Rough_Rock
I finally have my little piece of sunshine. I found it at a vintage shop online and been waiting 5 years to get it. It might not be as big as some rings on this site but for me its perfect. It will remind me that the sun will come out again. Having supported my husband through depression and having went through it myself. It's the small ray of sunshine that will be with me.
1000005810.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results