shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this Victorian bangle and it fits even though it’s child size at 5.5 inner circumference. The seller actually sent me this by mistake instead of the 5.75 petite that I ordered. She could not find the original, so I ended up keeping this one. It’s very pretty and I really enjoy wearing it.

IMG_6362.jpeg IMG_6358.jpeg

Wow.. that's so unique and beautiful!!! LOVE IT!

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
@dhimer - you say it's not your usual style and when would you wear it ... to me, the fact that it is well-priced is the least important factor here ... it really sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into it because of the price and not because you *love* it ... if you don't love it, don't buy it ... just my 2 cents ... if anything, deposit that amount into a savings account (or envelope at home) to start your bracelet fund

You are right! Hats why it’s so great to have all of the lovely PS members as a sounding board. Thank you for talking sense into me !

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love engraved bangles, and you certainly have the wrists for them! The size looks perfect on you and it draws attention to your lovely hands.

I have to say, @Mreader, looking at both bangles, I prefer the one you have, and - I can't quite make out - is it rose gold? Anyway, I think it looks very elegant on you, and the tighter fit gives it a very modern aesthetic, which contrasts beautifully with the engraving style.

Just beautiful!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love engraved bangles, and you certainly have the wrists for them! The size looks perfect on you and it draws attention to your lovely hands.

I have to say, @Mreader, looking at both bangles, I prefer the one you have, and - I can't quite make out - is it rose gold? Anyway, I think it looks very elegant on you, and the tighter fit gives it a very modern aesthetic, which contrasts beautifully with the engraving style.

Just beautiful!

Thank you! It’s more yellow gold - but you know how some older pieces have slight rosy tinge though not quite rose gold? It’s like that.

If the seller finds the other one, I wouldn’t give up this one :mrgreen: so would have two (classic me) .

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! It’s more yellow gold - but you know how some older pieces have slight rosy tinge though not quite rose gold? It’s like that.

If the seller finds the other one, I wouldn’t give up this one :mrgreen: so would have two (classic me) .

I know exactly what you mean - that antique-y yellow gold look. Gorgeous! I hope the other one turns up as well - one for each arm! :))

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Nile has a temporary hiatus on their Astor line.

this probably saved me from an impulse purchase this morning on long standing itch with their little ovals and hearts.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

this probably saved me from an impulse purchase this morning on long standing itch with their little ovals and hearts.

Really? I love their little Astor Ideal Ovals and Cushions!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Lordy. I knew things were going to change at BN after they were bought, but what's the bet this is the beginning of the end for this aspect of their line. Their Astor ideals are very well cut stones - cut on site in NY, specifically for BN. Or, at least, they *were*.

I suspect Astor Ideals will now become Blue Nile's version of Jared's Peerless diamond, or Kay's LEO diamond, and the price will go up accordingly - tho there's already a pretty heavy premium attached to Astors.

And the senior sales associate I spoke to a while back said it was her guesstimate that BN would no longer cut their own stones at all, so they'll probably just be choosing stones that suit their specs - which were tight...ish, but not perfect.

So we'll see, I guess.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really? I love their little Astor Ideal Ovals and Cushions!

Agree with this. I was always very fond of their cushions.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well well well
Astors are back as being shown/listed @ bluenile.
was told this am -via chat- they were removed due to a warehousing consolidation/ transfer or something like that, not expected back until late August.

huh.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well well well
Astors are back as being shown/listed @ bluenile.
was told this am -via chat- they were removed due to a warehousing consolidation/ transfer or something like that, not expected back until late August.

huh.

"Warehouse consolidation." ie "We're not holding diamonds in NY anymore." Which is where they were cut.

Watch this space.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Have y’all seen the Astor ideal hearts in real life? They kind of look like ideal cut rounds with a cleft cut out. Is that weird? Or desirable? I’d love a heart but they are hard to shop for and an “ideal cut” heart would take the guess work out.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
So I didn’t feel the need to make a new thread but wanted to share a necklace my mom sent me. She bought it on a cruise we took for our birthday. I want to say it was my dirty thirty cruise and was her birthday too. Same day. Anyways it’s from Effy. Multicolored sapphires and white diamonds. IMG_8249.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So I didn’t feel the need to make a new thread but wanted to share a necklace my mom sent me. She bought it on a cruise we took for our birthday. I want to say it was my dirty thirty cruise and was her birthday too. Same day. Anyways it’s from Effy. Multicolored sapphires and white diamonds. IMG_8249.jpeg

That adorable! I love sea creatures. Happy 30th birthday! What a nice reminder you'll have of your birthdays cruise.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
That adorable! I love sea creatures. Happy 30th birthday! What a nice reminder you'll have of your birthdays cruise.

Thanks, I’m actually 34 now. She bought it for herself but recently gave it to me.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a navette too, for the same reason…to see how it looks on my finger. Supposed to be slimming! I love the pop of color in yours. F4DF76AD-2B3F-4DA7-B722-C04E49253AD8.jpeg
Ooh I love your navette @Mrsz1ppy ! It’s similar to the one I’ve been eyeing, but wanted to make sure the style suits me first since the 3-stone OEC version is (much) more expensive than the ring I just purchased. It looks lovely on your hand!

Is the fabulous box included? Vintage Rue de la Paix....
Unfortunately, no! I’m just getting into vintage/antique jewelry and now it seems I need the boxes too :bigsmile:

I got this Victorian bangle and it fits even though it’s child size at 5.5 inner circumference. The seller actually sent me this by mistake instead of the 5.75 petite that I ordered. She could not find the original, so I ended up keeping this one. It’s very pretty and I really enjoy wearing it.

IMG_6362.jpeg IMG_6358.jpeg
I really really love this @Mreader
!

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock

So pretty! And unique!

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been struggling with my mental health recently. I decided to make a formal commitment to loving, showing up for, and never giving up on myself. I had been wanting a gold band for awhile, but I stumbled upon this at a local jewelry store. The design is reminiscent of my grandfather’s wedding band. I knew I had found the one!

Attachments

• A3E914A2-E9FD-4B64-A485-C53B60418F8C.jpeg
    A3E914A2-E9FD-4B64-A485-C53B60418F8C.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8998.jpeg
    IMG_8998.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 59

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been struggling with my mental health recently. I decided to make a formal commitment to loving, showing up for, and never giving up on myself. I had been wanting a gold band for awhile, but I stumbled upon this at a local jewelry store. The design is reminiscent of my grandfather’s wedding band. I knew I had found the one!

A beautiful sentiment sunflowerstate.. that you will always be kind to yourself and your new ring is a perfect way to symbolize that. It's smooth and strong and round which means that even if you have a bad day the following will be better.:love:

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
A beautiful sentiment sunflowerstate.. that you will always be kind to yourself and your new ring is a perfect way to symbolize that. It's smooth and strong and round which means that even if you have a bad day the following will be better.:love:

Thank you so much, Rubies. It felt good to do something for myself. Non-jewelry folks don’t seem to get it, but y’all always do. :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is a beautiful band and so full of sentiment. Wear this every day as a reminder to yourself of its meaning. I wish you beautiful days ahead!

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
My husband recently bought this for me:- the pearl is a light gold/champagne SS, in IRL it is lovely has great lustre & colour orient, and is extremely pretty. The chain is really unusual it’s 18ct per it’s hallmark (as is the pearl pendant) but it has a rose/yellow gold tone, possibly because it’s a mesh chain.
I haven’t worn it so no photos other than the sellers glamour shot.
If anyone has information on mesh chains I’d love to know more!
315432B3-FB42-42DA-8532-B6915033E845.jpeg

Last edited:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Purchased my "second chance" sapphire ring! I saw this first online and debated a long time about getting it. I don't know what held my attention--it's certainly not perfect by any means. (Plus that inclusion in the center). But I just kept coming back to it. Then it sold out from under me (after weeks of waiting!). I lamented that it would've been nice to at least see it in person. Well, it popped back up and I took it as a sign! Should be here very soon. :bigsmile:

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 5.20.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 5.21.16 PM.png
(Also, it looks more included on the second set of images, but I'm convinced that's just dirt/grime as TRR never cleans their jewelry, barf)

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
This one is on its way to me…can it be considered a navette even though the “tips” are not pointed?
I'd call it a dinner ring, personally, but you can do as you like! Nice find!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

I love this and I’m sending you a hug. I did something similar myself!

hazeleyes29

Rough_Rock
I have struggled with my mental health for the past few years. I've finally come out of it and am a stronger person. Also my marriage is stronger than it was. After years of infertility and not being able to have children. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, in accepting being an amazing aunt. The yellow diamond to me signifies the strength of our marriage and the strength that I have within myself. To be able to look at it everyday will remind me of the strength that I have. Screenshot 2023-07-27 12.55.11 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results