shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your input @Star gazer @Rfisher @Asscherhalo_lover @Mreader @AllAboardTheBlingTrain @Lookinagain @RMOO @dreamer_dachsie @rcjtraveler !

I do have 2 more rubies and would send all 10 to DK -- the Round is a CBI so really top cut but I have to admit a preference for the Oval -- the Round is an E and the Oval is a D with SBF -- somehow the Round diamond with round ruby melee is just *so round* to my eye, as compared with the Oval diamond with rubies which looks so much more interesting to me, like there's a story behind it ... I guess that's my answer ha.

You guys are the best :)
I have to say that the picture of the round is deceiving - the picture looks yellow but you are saying it is an E. The color difference between the oval and the round looks huge but clearly it is the picture. The oval would make an interesting ring for sure; the round a 'safer' choice I guess. The color of the rubies is delicious! Can't wait to see what you decide!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I thought oval on first viewing—to my eye it makes the rubies pop!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you e already decided, but I want to add I love the oval!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please help me decide!

I'm finally moving forward with my long-planned ruby halo diamond ring but still torn on whether to use round diamond or oval diamond (I own both but still within return period for oval diamond) -- if you have comments/opinions, please share!

IMG_2994.jpeg IMG_3022.jpeg

Honestly either would be stunning!! But I prefer the oval. Love the factet pattern and size/shape of that oval a m a z i n g !!!:kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please help me decide!

I'm finally moving forward with my long-planned ruby halo diamond ring but still torn on whether to use round diamond or oval diamond (I own both but still within return period for oval diamond) -- if you have comments/opinions, please share!

IMG_2994.jpeg IMG_3022.jpeg

I’m sure you’ve already decided, but I’m throwing in my 2 cents anyway. I would usually say the round on round, but that oval is too beautiful not to use in this project. Wowza! :kiss2:

Ps. I need more details on that oval. Such beautiful faceting.

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
So I went into a shop to look at an emerald sugarloaf moonstone ring.. but walked out with a stunning pure red spinel instead!

IMG_2486.jpeg
IMG_2491.jpeg
IMG_2494.jpeg
IMG_2499.jpeg
IMG_2502.jpeg

Yay! You went to the shop! I saw the spinel yesterday, it is a gorgeous red and so lively. Congratulations @higanbanya! How are you going to set it?

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Yay! You went to the shop! I saw the spinel yesterday, it is a gorgeous red and so lively. Congratulations @higanbanya! How are you going to set it?

Yes!! It was love at first sight

Been reading so much about Wriston from the threads here.. and that emerald ring you posted was just the tipping point to finally pay that shop a visit, thank you so much for posting!

As for setting, think it would look amazing in WG.. but still can’t really decide between setting it as:
a) Simple solitaire
b) Halo setting
c) Something with step cut diamonds (maybe toi et moi with emerald cut diamond or just three stone ring with tapered bagettes)

That’s like almost all the possible setting options it could go LOL but I’m leaning more towards either a) or b) haha! Any thoughts?

IMG_2506.png
IMG_2524.png

IMG_2508.png

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yes!! It was love at first sight

Been reading so much about Wriston from the threads here.. and that emerald ring you posted was just the tipping point to finally pay that shop a visit, thank you so much for posting!

As for setting, think it would look amazing in WG.. but still can’t really decide between setting it as:
a) Simple solitaire
b) Halo setting
c) Something with step cut diamonds (maybe toi et moi with emerald cut diamond or just three stone ring with tapered bagettes)

That’s like almost all the possible setting options it could go LOL but I’m leaning more towards either a) or b) haha! Any thoughts?

IMG_2506.png
IMG_2524.png

IMG_2508.png

Such a lovely colored spinel you've found!

I think a Toi et Moi would be gorgeous.

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
@higanbanya i like the halo and the toi et moi!
Here is my Mahenge spinel in a halo (pic taken at hairstylist - looks as if I am wearing a trash bag :) I chose a white gold shank and rose gold for the prongs to complement the spinel.

0B8CE17F-29D0-4DB5-85BA-CC7AA0393F27.jpeg

Oh my that looks gorg!! Love the prong choices too, thanks for the inspiration!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sadly lost my beloved mum last year she died of a sudden cardiac arrest. I brought back with me some of the jewelry she wore including her wedding ring with both my mum and dad’s names which I have kept safely after getting it buffed and cleaned. My dad passed in 2010. She had a pair of emerald earrings that she wore to occasions. I since had them redesigned using the same stones but set as danglers as opposed to floral studs that were the original design, this way I get to wear her emeralds more often and it makes me remember her every time I touch them. Here are the earrings redesigned IMG_4832.jpeg as dangle earrings and below is a close resemblance of what they looked like as studs since I didn’t remember to photograph the before…
IMG_4835.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sadly lost my beloved mum last year she died of a sudden cardiac arrest. I brought back with me some of the jewelry she wore including her wedding ring with both my mum and dad’s names which I have kept safely after getting it buffed and cleaned. My dad passed in 2010. She had a pair of emerald earrings that she wore to occasions. I since had them redesigned using the same stones but set as danglers as opposed to floral studs that were the original design, this way I get to wear her emeralds more often and it makes me remember her every time I touch them. Here are the earrings redesigned IMG_4832.jpeg as dangle earrings and below is a close resemblance of what they looked like as studs since I didn’t remember to photograph the before…
IMG_4835.jpeg

Oh what a beautiful sentiment and you will feel her presence every time you wear them. I'm so sorry for your loss.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh what a beautiful sentiment and you will feel her presence every time you wear them. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much for your lovely note, Rubies-R-Me

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful - what a great way to repurpose her earrings. Hope they make you feel special and close to her when you wear them!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4835.jpeg

I'm very sorry for your loss @EllenS1. The earrings are gorgeous and I hope they bring you comfort and happy memories of your mother. <3

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4835.jpeg

I’m sorry for your loss. I am warmed by the thought of you wearing her pieces. Love!
I know wearing my mom’s pieces bring me such peace and warmth. ((Hugs)) to you.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful - what a great way to repurpose her earrings. Hope they make you feel special and close to her when you wear them!

Thank you so much MissGotRocksdoe your kind note and yes they are so very precious to me!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry for your loss. I am warmed by the thought of you wearing her pieces. Love!
I know wearing my mom’s pieces bring me such peace and warmth. ((Hugs)) to you.

Thank you so much Slickk for this lovely note and yes I love having them and wearing them and it’s so heartwarming to read how you feel about wearing your moms pieces (hugs back)!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm very sorry for your loss @EllenS1. The earrings are gorgeous and I hope they bring you comfort and happy memories of your mother. <3

Thank you so much junebug17 for your kind note and they definitely carry a lot of sentiment and warmth and memories yes a lot of memories..

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_4835.jpeg

So very sorry to hear of your loss. Your re-designed earrings are gorgeous. I hope they always bring you joy and wonderful memories of happier times with your Mum.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am very sorry for your loss. The earring redesign is wonderful!!!!!!

kind regards--Sharon

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4835.jpeg

I'm very sorry for your loss. I also lost my mom last November and it's a heartbreaking experience. It's wonderful that you had her earrings redesigned and you can enjoy them so much. A wonderful way to have your mom close to you. My mom also loved emeralds and I inherited some emerald pieces from her that I'm also considering having reset and redesigned. Wear your beautiful earrings in good health....

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I passed by my jeweler to leave my wedding set for checking/repolishing/cleaning and I left with a beautiful rose quartz ring, that he gave me as a gift!
He said: "Your finger should never be left without a ring"! What a wonderful man he is! He made my day! I also noticed that the color of the rose quartz matches perfectly the color of my nail polish!

20230619_123050.jpg IMG_20230619_123018.jpg IMG_20230619_122955.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I passed by my jeweler to leave my wedding set for checking/repolishing/cleaning and I left with a beautiful rose quartz ring, that he gave me as a gift!
He said: "Your finger should never be left without a ring"! What a wonderful man he is! He made my day! I also noticed that the color of the rose quartz matches perfectly the color of my nail polish!

Such a kind and thoughtful gesture! That kind of thing doesn't happen every day!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock

I agree with your jeweler too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results