shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'm with you on this. And I never wear mixed metals together. But I actually think yours look close enough to be doable. in real life, if the difference is more pronounced and you're not happy with it, have you thought about asking DKJ to melt down the plain band and add a drop of copper to it? It would be cheaper than resetting the gypsy ring and would be STUNNING worn with a Takahashi pair of pink pearl studs!

I would rather have the gypsy yellow than the band rose. I would probably just shop for a rose gold band lol if I wanted to match. What I am thinking of doing is asking him to plate it yellow.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s actually 18 K yellow. I think though that since the rose gold is subtle being an older piece and there’s distance between the two pieces it looks like it can match. But most of my bands are YG so I was looking for a yellow gypsy and I sat on this one for a really long time before pulling the trigger because it was Rose but at the end of the day I just love the shape and the stones won me over. Here’s a closer view of the band also put right next to the gypsy.

They both have heft which I love. That’s why I’m always asking about gram weight lol I’m a sucker for the hefty feel of yellow gold and I hate it when pieces are flimsy.
F12737A3-223B-4A44-9A25-AFB362C4596D.jpeg 1E8F49DE-A435-4403-900E-0C25A17CE185.jpeg

I love these 2 together as is, to be honest. Would be sad to see the gypsy melted down or plated, as it has such a lovely patina. It looks like the yellow band has a rosy tint and I like mixed metals quite a bit but I understand this is all totally personal preference! If you plate it, it’s possible the plating will have a different yellow hue than the yellow band, and you’ll be back in the same boat. But that difference may bother you less

I’m also absolutely team chunk! They are both such a scrumptious thickness!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love these 2 together as is, to be honest. Would be sad to see the gypsy melted down or plated, as it has such a lovely patina. It looks like the yellow band has a rosy tint and I like mixed metals quite a bit but I understand this is all totally personal preference! If you plate it, it’s possible the plating will have a different yellow hue than the yellow band, and you’ll be back in the same boat. But that difference may bother you less

I’m also absolutely team chunk! They are both such a scrumptious thickness!

Yes I’m not 100% decided about the plating. I had posted a thread asking about it but most people have not yellow plated some thing that was rose. so I don’t have anything to go on. I’m not worried about mixed metals - also it’s not necessary that I would always pair those two together. I just had it worn it that way for that particular day. I have many many combinations to choose from lol.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hi @RunningwithScissors :))

Buying them one at a time from Blue Nile.

Fun! I know the feeling of scanning for the perfect, matching, next stone.

I've found buying these little diamonds is addictive. Whenever a new one pops up on my radar, I get a rush. It's going to feel weird when my current project is finished. Maybe I'll keep going and do a ring like the lovely one you are creating.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun! I know the feeling of scanning for the perfect, matching, next stone.

I've found buying these little diamonds is addictive. Whenever a new one pops up on my radar, I get a rush. It's going to feel weird when my current project is finished. Maybe I'll keep going and do a ring like the lovely one you are creating.

How many do you need for your bracelet? Could is segue into a necklace? Or a second project?? Yowza!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
How many do you need for your bracelet? Could is segue into a necklace? Or a second project?? Yowza!

30 diamonds total are required for the bracelet and I have 22 -- woo hoo! I need to decide if I want to use my "Christmas Sparkly Money" to purchase the final 8. (I have other projects on a slow simmer which I may do instead -- I'm sure you know how that is!)

As lovely as diamond tennis necklaces are, I have neither the patience nor the $$$ to go that far with this project! If I keep purchasing the itty bitties after I'm done with my bracelet, it would be for a 5 stone ring. I think eternity bands are more beautiful, but for me, I'm too worried I'd damage the diamonds on the underneath side because I use my hands so much.

I have a photo of @RosieR 's beautiful matching bracelet and eternity band on my desktop as inspiration. (Rosie - I'm sorry if that sounds creepy! I promise I'm not stalking you!) So I may go in a direction similar to this:

BAB869D8-0001-4A62-B5AD-BE67B6915BBD.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30 diamonds total are required for the bracelet and I have 22 -- woo hoo! I need to decide if I want to use my "Christmas Sparkly Money" to purchase the final 8. (I have other projects on a slow simmer which I may do instead -- I'm sure you know how that is!)

As lovely as diamond tennis necklaces are, I have neither the patience nor the $$$ to go that far with this project! If I keep purchasing the itty bitties after I'm done with my bracelet, it would be for a 5 stone ring. I think eternity bands are more beautiful, but for me, I'm too worried I'd damage the diamonds on the underneath side because I use my hands so much.

I have a photo of @RosieR 's beautiful matching bracelet and eternity band on my desktop as inspiration. (Rosie - I'm sorry if that sounds creepy! I promise I'm not stalking you!) So I may go in a direction similar to this:

Weelll, we are routine for the final eight so we can see this bracelet come to fruition - lol! However, your other wants may take precedence so we will try to be patient!
I like the idea of a five stone ring to match! I opted for the five stone as opposed to an eternity for the same reasons you have stated. Mine is a right hand ring and I wear it daily. If it had been eternity, I surely would have cracked a diamond or two by now as I am right handed. I also opted for larger diamonds so that worked out well for me. My other complaint about the eternity is that it is wider going around the finger and for me it was uncomfortable. The look, however, is pure luxe!
Good luck - we will wait to see what you choose and as always, will respect your choices!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors - Can you pls tell me the size of the diamonds you're using for your bracelet? I believe yours are larger than mine, as I recall?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Weelll, we are routine for the final eight so we can see this bracelet come to fruition - lol! However, your other wants may take precedence so we will try to be patient!
I like the idea of a five stone ring to match! I opted for the five stone as opposed to an eternity for the same reasons you have stated. Mine is a right hand ring and I wear it daily. If it had been eternity, I surely would have cracked a diamond or two by now as I am right handed. I also opted for larger diamonds so that worked out well for me. My other complaint about the eternity is that it is wider going around the finger and for me it was uncomfortable. The look, however, is pure luxe!
Good luck - we will wait to see what you choose and as always, will respect your choices!!

Awww...thanks @MissGotRocks! (Hee hee....I have pics of your five-stone ring saved too! I think our taste in bling is very similar!)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors - Can you pls tell me the size of the diamonds you're using for your bracelet? I believe yours are larger than mine, as I recall?

My "pings" as I call them are between 4.4 - 4.5 mm each, and .33 ct - .35 ct. In retrospect, I probably should have done .30's, which is where WF begins certifying their ACAs. My bracelet may overwhelm my 2.5 ct solitaire e-ring, though I plan to wear them on different hands. If it does, I guess I will begin working towards turning my solitaire into a 3 stone, though that will take some time to accomplish ! My bling wants far exceed my budget!

I really like your YG eternity band project. Your 5 stone version looks so sumptuous, I know it will be a knockout turned into an eternity.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww...thanks @MissGotRocks! (Hee hee....I have pics of your five-stone ring saved too! I think our taste in bling is very similar!)

I rarely stop in this thread but enjoy checking in now and then!

I STILL have a 5 stone band and tennis bracelet on my wishlist! Add me to the classic diamond basics fan group! :lol: I want a 5 stone for the exact same reason. I have had a vintage 5 stone ring for several years and want to increase the size to about the size of @RunningwithScissors bracelet stones (@ .32-.33 each). I can't do a bracelet that size, and I am still undecided about a setting. I know MGR has semi-bezels and I am still considering a full bezel setting. It's just hard not being able to see and try things on!

I can't wait to see your bracelet finished, @RunningwithScissors! It will be such a beautiful addition to your collection!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I rarely stop in this thread but enjoy checking in now and then!

I STILL have a 5 stone band and tennis bracelet on my wishlist! Add me to the classic diamond basics fan group! :lol: I want a 5 stone for the exact same reason. I have had a vintage 5 stone ring for several years and want to increase the size to about the size of @RunningwithScissors bracelet stones (@ .32-.33 each). I can't do a bracelet that size, and I am still undecided about a setting. I know MGR has semi-bezels and I am still considering a full bezel setting. It's just hard not being able to see and try things on!

I can't wait to see your bracelet finished, @RunningwithScissors! It will be such a beautiful addition to your collection!!!

Yes, yes and yes!!!

There are soooo many people's collections that I admire on PS -- so many pieces that make we weak in the knees.

But for my own collection, I'm a contemporary classics / diamond basics girl. And I think my style most aligns with @diamondseeker2006 @MissGotRocks and @donnabrsd -- we are in the same club! (But I admire and learn from soooo many other members!)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 -

My best girlfriend's husband is currently putting together a 5 stone ring for her - 5 x .32 H VS1 stones, platinum head, yellow gold shank. Her finger size is 5.75. I think it's going to be very beautiful! She has no engagement ring, so this will be her one and only diamond ring from her husband; he bought her a lovely solitaire from Good Old Gold when they first got engaged, but it really wasn't her, so they returned it and it's taken her 7 years to work out what exactly she wanted.

She has a lovely collection of basics - a diamond pendant, a lovely diamond and ruby square cut, channel set, eternity, a heavy yellow gold wedding band, a gold bangle, a pair of yellow gold mosaic diamond earrings, a pair of small diamond studs, a pair of 'knot' studs, and a pair of yellow gold hoops. She has pearl studs and pink pearl drops, another heavy yellow gold band, which is her mother's, her aunt's and her grandmother's wedding rings all melted into one, and two other antique necklaces that she switches out from time to time. She also has the most glorious blue topaz square cut antique ring in a setting of tiny leaves that she wears as a right hand ring, and a beautiful pearl ring. And that's it! So classy, understated, and beautifully coordinated - it's quite inspirational.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My "pings" as I call them are between 4.4 - 4.5 mm each, and .33 ct - .35 ct. In retrospect, I probably should have done .30's, which is where WF begins certifying their ACAs. My bracelet may overwhelm my 2.5 ct solitaire e-ring, though I plan to wear them on different hands. If it does, I guess I will begin working towards turning my solitaire into a 3 stone, though that will take some time to accomplish ! My bling wants far exceed my budget!

I really like your YG eternity band project. Your 5 stone version looks so sumptuous, I know it will be a knockout turned into an eternity.

Well, as you can imagine, you'll get no argument from me re doing a three stone! :))

Re my eternity, it will actually be in platinum - a conversion from my currently-7-stone ring. And I'm about to go buy another diamond. :mrgreen:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

No offence taken at all! This look is both low key and glam at the same time. You’ll get so much wear out of a bracelet and ring set. Can’t wait to see your version :)

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

Is that a 5 stone ring pictured? Do you know the stone size?

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is that a 5 stone ring pictured? Do you know the stone size?

Hi @diamondyes the ring and bracelet belong to me. The ring is made up of 0.25 pointer FG coloured earth mined diamonds and is a full platinum set eternity band comprising of 15 diamonds in total. It is my wedding/ engagement ring (we eloped) and have been wearing it most days for 9 years now, without issue. Full eternity rings are tougher than you think :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 -

My best girlfriend's husband is currently putting together a 5 stone ring for her - 5 x .32 H VS1 stones, platinum head, yellow gold shank. Her finger size is 5.75. I think it's going to be very beautiful! She has no engagement ring, so this will be her one and only diamond ring from her husband; he bought her a lovely solitaire from Good Old Gold when they first got engaged, but it really wasn't her, so they returned it and it's taken her 7 years to work out what exactly she wanted.

She has a lovely collection of basics - a diamond pendant, a lovely diamond and ruby square cut, channel set, eternity, a heavy yellow gold wedding band, a gold bangle, a pair of yellow gold mosaic diamond earrings, a pair of small diamond studs, a pair of 'knot' studs, and a pair of yellow gold hoops. She has pearl studs and pink pearl drops, another heavy yellow gold band, which is her mother's, her aunt's and her grandmother's wedding rings all melted into one, and two other antique necklaces that she switches out from time to time. She also has the most glorious blue topaz square cut antique ring in a setting of tiny leaves that she wears as a right hand ring, and a beautiful pearl ring. And that's it! So classy, understated, and beautifully coordinated - it's quite inspirational.

Oh wow, I'd be making mine for an alternate wedding band and I'd size mine at 5.75 also! Your friend does have a lovely collection!

I think the older I get, the more I appreciate a well curated, smaller collection of classic pieces I wear often. I've sold a few things that I just didn't need. A few I am saving for my girls even though I rarely wear them (like my Beaudry right hand rings, for example). I believe you have a similar philosophy about refining what you want to keep in your beautiful collection long term. It feels good to me to rehome pieces that I may still love but never wear.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I'd be making mine for an alternate wedding band and I'd size mine at 5.75 also! Your friend does have a lovely collection!

I think the older I get, the more I appreciate a well curated, smaller collection of classic pieces I wear often. I've sold a few things that I just didn't need. A few I am saving for my girls even though I rarely wear them (like my Beaudry right hand rings, for example). I believe you have a similar philosophy about refining what you want to keep in your beautiful collection long term. It feels good to me to rehome pieces that I may still love but never wear.

Exactly. I'm about to go through a rehoming process for a few pieces.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just pulled the trigger on a 3.49ct lab sugar loaf Emerald cut by Gary of Finewater Gems as it is very pretty.

3.49 Lab Emerald 10.5x7.8x5.7mm.png

I am going to get a LuAG stone in either an Asscher cut or a square brilliant from him later in the year.

DK :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A wonderful new pair of 14kt, 1.25" solid gold hoops from DKJ. Invisible clasp allows these hoops to rotate 360 degrees in the ear - meaning I sleep in them, shower in them - rarely take them off.

I took these photos at night, and the lighting removed all color. Suffice to say, tho, they're a very lovely gold.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.53.59 PM.png

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
A wonderful new pair of 14kt, 1.25" solid gold hoops from DKJ. Invisible clasp allows these hoops to rotate 360 degrees in the ear - meaning I sleep in them, shower in them - rarely take them off.

I took these photos at night, and the lighting removed all color. Suffice to say, tho, they're a very lovely gold.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.53.59 PM.png

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

:kiss2:Ooh, nothing beats a great hoop! Love the construction on these- are they solid wire?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
....aaaaaand one more. I'm compromising on quality a trifle here because I just want to get it *done*. This one seemed pretty, tho and hit all the bases except for VS clarity (this one is an SI1) and crown angle, which is 35 instead of 34.5. But I think it looks well balanced and pretty, and since BN rounds to .5 - who knows? it might be 34.8. Either way, given how tiny it is, and that it will be one of 16/17, I think it's fine.

12 down, 4 or 5 to go.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
....aaaaaand one more. I'm compromising on quality a trifle here because I just want to get it *done*. This one seemed pretty, tho and hit all the bases except for VS clarity (this one is an SI1) and crown angle, which is 35 instead of 34.5. But I think it looks well balanced and pretty, and since BN rounds to .5 - who knows? it might be 34.8. Either way, given how tiny it is, and that it will be one of 16/17, I think it's fine.

12 down, 4 or 5 to go.

Beautiful! It’s very clean for an SI1!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results