shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful color and I love the bale on the pendant too!

Thank you @MissGotRocks. It tends to partially black out in some pics, that doesn’t happen irl.

I am considering converting it to a ring and using the stones from the bale on the shank…..decisions, decisions!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I found this enhancer and plan to make it into a pendant. Need some bale suggestions-I would love to be able to wear it with a variety of necklaces.

45C3C501-A10E-492A-9D39-BA8BCA405AB0.jpeg

179A777D-70D2-45A3-83C3-B3ABB9485DE4.jpeg

Is this type my bale only option?

B7EFEB27-4D56-427C-9CDB-EDEE3DE6F9BC.jpeg

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this enhancer and plan to make it into a pendant. Need some bale suggestions-I would love to be able to wear it with a variety of necklaces.

Not that this particular style of bale would work for this piece, but I am glad I went with a two tone bale. Makes switching from white gold to yellow gold chain more cohesive. Your new pretty is gorgeous by the way!

608B0B37-6790-450C-BDEF-A53DF7B9235D.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Not that this particular style of bale would work for this piece, but I am glad I went with a two tone bale. Makes switching from white gold to yellow gold chain more cohesive. Your new pretty is gorgeous by the way!

Ohh thanks for that idea @MissGotRocks! I want to get it figured out soon so I can wear it :lol-2:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock

I have used these charm enhancers from Etsy. They come in different sizes, shapes and colors. 6CC7056B-BEA7-4FDE-A5B0-E7D585871D3D.png

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I have a VERY pale pink morganite asscher-ish weird cut stone in a ring that I have been considering resetting for a few years. I was thinking maybe a toi et moi with that sleepy pink sapphire I bought, or maybe with the tiny diamond heart I have.

I recently lost a bracelet that matched my every day chain and it is completely sold out. It was from Costco and I already tried calling them. It is a heart link (?) chain? I don't know but I miss it a lot. They have one in Australia but they won't ship here. :(

If anyone knows where I can buy something like this, please tell me!! I'll buy a longer chain and make it into a bracelet.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m in love with my new chain. I’ve been looking for one like this for quite a while and this one came with a bonus that I didn’t even realize when I bought it – two really big bolt clasps that serve not only as an extender to wear it shorter or longer but also charms can fit on it.

B2C9F857-715C-4BFD-B49A-E89A96BB9E31.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m in love with my new chain. I’ve been looking for one like this for quite a while and this one came with a bonus that I didn’t even realize when I bought it – two really big bolt clasps that serve not only as an extender to wear it shorter or longer but also charms can fit on it.

B2C9F857-715C-4BFD-B49A-E89A96BB9E31.jpeg
Oh my gosh! This is epic, looks good on you, very versatile piece. do you mind sharing where you got this from?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a VERY pale pink morganite asscher-ish weird cut stone in a ring that I have been considering resetting for a few years. I was thinking maybe a toi et moi with that sleepy pink sapphire I bought, or maybe with the tiny diamond heart I have.

I recently lost a bracelet that matched my every day chain and it is completely sold out. It was from Costco and I already tried calling them. It is a heart link (?) chain? I don't know but I miss it a lot. They have one in Australia but they won't ship here. :(

If anyone knows where I can buy something like this, please tell me!! I'll buy a longer chain and make it into a bracelet.

I'm in Australia...I wonder if it is shipped to me, I can then ship it to you?

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It was on the auction site shopgoodwill; it was my first time buying there. But I did a BIN (most items are auction).

Congrats on such a good find.... now I have another item on my never ending wish list. :lol:ha ha... Thanks for sharing :love::appl:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on such a good find.... now I have another item on my never ending wish list. :lol:ha ha... Thanks for sharing :love::appl:

Memory Station on IG posts chains like this frequently and their prelist prices are among the best. But you have to be quick. I would give them a follow.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Memory Station on IG posts chains like this frequently and their prelist prices are among the best. But you have to be quick. I would give them a follow.

great stuff! immediately remind me of SinCityFinds.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Just bought 3 new 27pt diamonds. E VS/VVS, individually GIA carted, 34.5 / 40.8 combos, 56-57% tables, depth between 61.7 and 61.9. No fluro, etc etc. Lovely stats.

Going to use my 7 stone ring and remake it into an eternity - roughly 4.3ctw if I use 16 stones - maybe 4.5ctw if I need 17 stones - set in the same style as my previous yellow gold eternity (bead set), but in platinum. Will be around 5mm wide. A substantial, stand alone ring.

Won't be made for a while yet, as I need another 6 or 7 diamonds to complete it. I think I'm racing against @RunningwithScissors, and her bracelet project, to see who finishes first!

This is the setting I'll be emulating, tho this one was made with 13pt diamonds, so the new one will be using diamonds twice as large:

IMG_2472.JPG

Hi @mrs-b ! May I ask, how did you decide to source your stones one at a time via Blue Nile instead of going through Whiteflash? My three stone ring was built with WF ACAs and they are, of course, fabulous. I am starting a five stone annniversary/big 5-0 birthday present for myself. I would like a 2 tcw so 0.4 carat stones, E color. From WF the stones alone would be $7K. Taking a quick look through Blue Nile "borrowing" your parameters, I could likely get the five stones for around $5K. Is this just a mind clean issue, which I realize is completely subjective? I am a complete novice, and this would be my second piece of jewelry and I plan to wear it all the time. I think your taste is impeccable and I would love to know how you arrived at this method. Thank you in advance.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @FornasettiLover :)) I'm sorry for being so slow to respond.

Here are half a dozen .40/.41ct diamonds I'd be more than happy to choose to make a ring. They're all E color, all VS diamonds, and they are all 56/57% tables, 75% LGF (so their arrow patterns are all nice and visible), and they're all 34.5 / 40/8 combinations, except for 2 - which are 35 / 40.8 combinations - which is totally acceptable to me, especially on small stones which you're not going to see any difference in whatsoever, anyway.

Personally, I'd choose the 5 cheapest and move on it. They'll be a great match and a row of blinding whiteness.

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD20874638 - $823

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD20250636 - $874. (Get this one right now)

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD19976468 - $882 (Get this one right now)

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD19787227 - $886 (Get this one right now)

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD20874665 - $1069

A very nice back-up, but on the pricey side:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD20874619 - $1096

My method, such as it is, is to get the best diamonds I can with the money I have. I have pretty exacting parameters, but I also know that there is ALWAYS a more perfect diamond, so, while setting my standards very high, I don't go for the impossible. A ring made of the stones I linked above will be an extraordinary, very uncommon ring - most people will NEVER have one of this quality. And that's good enough for me. Would 5 ACAs be better? Technically, perhaps - but I don't believe that the difference would be visible, and jewelry is an adornment - ie visual by essence.

I wore a 3.61 I VS2 from Blue Nile for some years and adored it. What made me change it in the end was the color - nothing else - and I later was able to trade it in to WhiteFlash to switch to the ACA-of-my-dreams at that time.

What WhiteFlash has that Blue Nile doesn't is consistency. You don't have to wade through all their diamonds to find the perfectly cut diamond; they're pretty much all perfectly cut. But there are plenty of bargains and equally perfect diamonds on BN if you know what to look for, and for diamonds of this size, it's pointless, in my opinion, to pay for the invisible - and I say that as a huge WhiteFlash fan and a customer for life. But I am also a huge BN fan and will also be a customer of theirs for life...unless they go the route of James Allen, now that BN has been sold. But that's a whole other thread....

I hope this helps and good luck!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Hi there, @FornasettiLover :)) I'm sorry for being so slow to respond.

Here are half a dozen .40/.41ct diamonds I'd be more than happy to choose to make a ring. They're all E color, all VS diamonds, and they are all 56/57% tables, 75% LGF (so their arrow patterns are all nice and visible), and they're all 34.5 / 40/8 combinations, except for 2 - which are 35 / 40.8 combinations - which is totally acceptable to me, especially on small stones which you're not going to see any difference in whatsoever, anyway.

Personally, I'd choose the 5 cheapest and move on it. They'll be a great match and a row of blinding whiteness.

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD20874638 - $823

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD20250636 - $874. (Get this one right now)

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD19976468 - $882 (Get this one right now)

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD19787227 - $886 (Get this one right now)

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD20874665 - $1069

A very nice back-up, but on the pricey side:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD20874619 - $1096

My method, such as it is, is to get the best diamonds I can with the money I have. I have pretty exacting parameters, but I also know that there is ALWAYS a more perfect diamond, so, while setting my standards very high, I don't go for the impossible. A ring made of the stones I linked above will be an extraordinary, very uncommon ring - most people will NEVER have one of this quality. And that's good enough for me. Would 5 ACAs be better? Technically, perhaps - but I don't believe that the difference would be visible, and jewelry is an adornment - ie visual by essence.

I wore a 3.61 I VS2 from Blue Nile for some years and adored it. What made me change it in the end was the color - nothing else - and I later was able to trade it in to WhiteFlash to switch to the ACA-of-my-dreams at that time.

What WhiteFlash has that Blue Nile doesn't is consistency. You don't have to wade through all their diamonds to find the perfectly cut diamond; they're pretty much all perfectly cut. But there are plenty of bargains and equally perfect diamonds on BN if you know what to look for, and for diamonds of this size, it's pointless, in my opinion, to pay for the invisible - and I say that as a huge WhiteFlash fan and a customer for life. But I am also a huge BN fan and will also be a customer of theirs for life...unless they go the route of James Allen, now that BN has been sold. But that's a whole other thread....

I hope this helps and good luck!

I thanked you on the other thread and I'll thank you again! Your perspective and the examples are extremely helpful. Do you have a sense of how often BlueNile restocks? If I only get two stones right now, should I check back every week? Mondays? Once a month?

I started a new thread because I remembered the frequent advice to "start your own thread". I will also start a setting thread when I get that far. I don't want the usual shared prong setting, I want something softer that works with my butterflies three stone, but not necessarily the trellis which feels too open to me. Anyhoo... that's for another thread and another day.

Thank you so much for your time!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was soooo into this yesterday! Not my size and I didn’t like the milgrain (just not a milgrain girl):

From Lesliec on Insta

414D35BF-50A4-4C13-B6BA-1A0B8F4020FD.jpeg

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I was soooo into this yesterday! Not my size and I didn’t like the milgrain (just not a milgrain girl):

From Lesliec on Insta

414D35BF-50A4-4C13-B6BA-1A0B8F4020FD.jpeg

I asked her about it too! Alas, nowhere near my size. (for the record, it's a minimally-sizeable 6.5, and she's asking $3,400)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need more blings, like dangling earrings and bracelets/bangles!

DK :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results