shape
carat
color
clarity

Your best non-bling purchases?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie can't agree more about the usefulness of a vacuum sealer.

DK :))

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just this week one of my favorite antique dealers had an Instagram sale since shows aren't being held right now. OMG, I almost felt guilty the prices were so good! English majolica, English transferware, and Staffordshire figures for way less than I usually see!!! I bought so much and I have no idea where I'm going to put it, lol!
I love love love English transferware! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love English transferware! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

My style is "granny". :lol: But I am in good company because the price of preVictorian English transferware has skyrocketed! Gosh, I love it!

I saw that you choose your art and hang it and enjoy it. Ditto for me. I love lots art and mix it all up.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Haha I love our vacuum too and it was expensive but oh so worth it so I will add it to this thread. It was the Dyson V11 cordless. It is pretty amazing. I vacuum our entire house daily and that's a lot of vacuuming but it is (knock wood) so far holding up really really good.

dyson.jpg

We have three of these here and two in Brooklyn I love them that much. But the newest one is improved so I can vacuum the entire house on one charge. 3500 square feet on one charge. That rocks. I only use cordless because I hate plugging in and unplugging and replugging and this is (IMO) a great cordless vacuum.

Oh wow I need one of this

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't know if it counts as a purchase but the adoption fee i paid for my dog - she's the best.

for material items, my wedding dress, a pretty tadashi shoji gown that cost under $250 including tailoring. and because it doesn't look TOO wedding-y i've been able to wear it again a couple of times

1595807773805.png

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, @oodlesofpoodles, @bludiva, @winnietucker! Oodles, I hope your son likes sitting in his as much as I like mine. For years we had a desk in this spot, which I hated because it's a walk-through room next to our kitchen and it was always messy. Finally convinced my husband to move the desk upstairs no we are working from home and swap with this chair. He was very anti but now thd chair is in this spot there is ALWAYS someone sitting in it! Unfortunately the kitty will only sit in it on his own - he likes his own rhythm, but nobody else's. Typical cat!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did I write this yet? Our Generac generator was one of our best non bling purchases. Tho it’s failed before so it’s not foolproof. But nothing is.

And right now no power in our Area. ETA restoration might be many days sadly. So hoping the generator continues working.

Either way though I’d buy it all over again. We lost power during Sandy for 2 plus weeks. Our generator kept the power on for us and our neighbors too cause we had them plug in to us.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My set of Paderno Gourmet Series 1100 pots and pans, proudly displayed in my kitchen diner, now that I have more storage space by using the rarely used dining area for storage.

20200805_233718.jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My rescue animals! Donations for adoptions. Best money ever spent!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I love our vacuum too and it was expensive but oh so worth it so I will add it to this thread. It was the Dyson V11 cordless. It is pretty amazing. I vacuum our entire house daily and that's a lot of vacuuming but it is (knock wood) so far holding up really really good.

dyson.jpg

We have three of these here and two in Brooklyn I love them that much. But the newest one is improved so I can vacuum the entire house on one charge. 3500 square feet on one charge. That rocks. I only use cordless because I hate plugging in and unplugging and replugging and this is (IMO) a great cordless vacuum.

I second this. Bought ours in May and have absolutely no regrets. I have two corded Dysons as well, one I just purchased in Oct but had I known how much I would love the cordless one, I would never have purchased it. I might even purchase one more strictly for upstairs. Right now we have a corded one upstairs and in the basement. We keep the cordless V11 on the first floor but it’s great for our stairs too.
My only problem is the v11 stopped working three weeks ago. I contacted Dyson and they sent me a new battery but it’s still not working.
I have to ship it back to them now and they said they would send me a brand new one.
I’ve just been too lazy to ship it back.
I miss not being able to use it.

Also I love my litter robot. With four cats it’s a must have. I’m also thinking of buying one more as well. It’s just very big so I’m not sure where to keep it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an issue with my latest Dyson and needed a new battery after a few uses.
My ongoing loves are my Roombas. I like being able to set one down in a room and go on to other chores.

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
Also my doggies, Luna and Leo. As far as material things, I just got a new bed in May and its wonderful! Its a tempurpedic hybrid with an adjustable base. Also my George Foreman smokeless grill.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, I have an update - I bought an alto saxophone!

It is great fun, and I can play all the notes on it already after about a week! Just need to practice my scales and get better at it, like I am with the clarinet.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My set of Paderno Gourmet Series 1100 pots and pans, proudly displayed in my kitchen diner, now that I have more storage space by using the rarely used dining area for storage.

20200805_233718.jpg

Terrific pans. I am drooling over your wire racks!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread! I’m obsessed with espresso, literally haven’t had drip coffee in ten years. So for me it’s when after years of dinky espresso makers we bought a semi-industrial espresso machine. Hands down one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

Attachments

• 3566CDE3-0CF1-48F3-AB28-9FC894859B72.jpeg
    3566CDE3-0CF1-48F3-AB28-9FC894859B72.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 12

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I bought a dutch oven this year during a Christmas sale. I priced the big names and decided 100 bucks was enough for a pot. It was a big 6 qt and matching little blue ombre 2qt matching for the table to keep side dishes warm. I have never seen such an improvement in my cooking. I am not a fine cook, but a country cook, My soups, stews, and gravies now have a thicker, richer consistency and I am so so happy I bought this (Martha Stewart from Macy's). Even the chili is richer and thicker. It's magic....or science (probably science, but magic is more fun).

149042808_10219603382454799_1369710210123898096_o.jpg

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Um...today it is Chobani Greek Yogurt ...lime....yum...

I bought a dutch oven this year during a Christmas sale. I priced the big names and decided 100 bucks was enough for a pot. It was a big 6 qt and matching little blue ombre 2qt matching for the table to keep side dishes warm. I have never seen such an improvement in my cooking. I am not a fine cook, but a country cook, My soups, stews, and gravies now have a thicker, richer consistency and I am so so happy I bought this (Martha Stewart from Macy's). Even the chili is richer and thicker. It's magic....or science (probably science, but magic is more fun).

149042808_10219603382454799_1369710210123898096_o.jpg

O wow! Didn't know dutch ovens made such a difference with stews and stuff! Adding that to my wish list (along with a Kitchenaid mixer!).

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
I should probably unwatch this dangerous thread because PS made me think I needed Bose Sleepbuds and a Dyson AirWrap for Christmas and I will admit to already researching some of the other items here.

Both are great and I can't imagine my life without them but my wallet does not thank you... :mrgreen:

My #1 non bling related purchase....a Litter Robot.

+1 for the Litter Robot. I will never go back to scooping!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered the most expensive pressure washer I have ever bought yet. Can't wait for it to arrive next week.

They are great, and I can't wait to get mine out to revive the garden when the weather is nicer.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O wow! Didn't know dutch ovens made such a difference with stews and stuff! Adding that to my wish list (along with a Kitchenaid mixer!).

I decided against cast iron casseroles due to their weight.

I am still hoping to be able to get a stand mixer one day when I re-start doing pop up kitchen events.

I decided against cast iron casseroles due to their weight.

I am still hoping to be able to get a stand mixer one day when I re-start doing pop up kitchen events.

Cast iron is the devil. I've seasoned my cast iron pan a bajillion times it seems. It still doesn't seem to be working like it's supposed to. Wah

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results