shape
carat
color
clarity

Dyson Airwrap

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got this after waiting for it to come back in stock for a few months- and I LOVE IT!

It’s crazy expensive for a hair tool, but I’m such a klutz with styling my hair usually... like... I burn my hair with any attempts to straighten with an iron or curl with a wand, that the simplicity of this tool makes it worth it for me.

I’ve been getting my hair permed for the last year to add soft waves and curls. But as it has been over 3 months since my last perm, my curls have been looking pretty drab and sad. They’re ok for the first 24 hours after a wash, but they just die after that! I’m pretty lazy with my hair though... I blow dry and twist my hair around my fingers to bring out the curls, and leave it at that. I’m often too lazy to put in any product, which does not help. I do have a bottle of bumble and bumble curling cream which helps hold the curls a little longer!

I have long Asian hair, which is sadly quite dry at the ends now from the Japanese perms I have had to give it shape. My plan is to cut all the damaged ends off the next time I see my hair dresser (used to go every 3 months, but trying to push it out a bit more!) and just style with the airwrap :)

Has anyone else gotten the Airwrap? I would love it if you could share your tips and tricks for using it!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been curious about this thing but not really keen on spending the money. It looks kind of hard to get used to. How easy is it to use?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What???!!!!! 500+ for a curling iron! What the freak? Dyson sure has a high opinion of their products!

Is it 400 times better than a regular high end curler? I saw it on amazon for almost $900!

I thought I paid a lot for my T3 curlers. Holy moly. Please tell me what you love about it and what makes it worth it to you. I would sincerely like to know. What makes it better?

I love my T3 hairdryers and pay a bit for for them but from what I read about the dyson dryer, reviews were mixed.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What???!!!!! 500+ for a curling iron! What the freak? Dyson sure has a high opinion of their products!

Is it 400 times better than a regular high end curler? I saw it on amazon for almost $900!

I thought I paid a lot for my T3 curlers. Holy moly. Please tell me what you love about it and what makes it worth it to you. I would sincerely like to know. What makes it better?

I love my T3 hairdryers and pay a bit for for them but from what I read about the dyson dryer, reviews were mixed.
You should watch this thing on YouTube. It sort of sucks the hair onto the wand and makes perfect curls.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It also dries the hair as it does it. You aren't supposed to start with dry hair, you start with damp hair and it dries and curls the hair as it goes, supposedly saving an extra step.

I was pretty curious about it when it came out, but could not justify the money. I'm glad you like it op!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL! it IS quite ridiculously priced. I somehow got mine from Dyson directly with $100 off, so it was a bit cheaper. I’m not a big hair person... my previous tools included a GHD straightener which I got as a gift MANY years ago which I know retailed for ? $200 at the time (AUD) and I would routinely burn my fingers and hair on it every time I tried to use it. I’ve used it less than 20x since owning it :(

I like this tool as I’m such a DISASTER with hair styling (think burnt fingers, crispy burnt hair and inability to actually curl despite the ‘best’ tools) that to find something that minimises risk to myself and delivers nice results is amazing haha

The main things I like about the tool are:
- Ease of use. This is a huge one for me, obviously. It’s ridiculously easy. The thing wraps my hair for me around the tool in a fool proof way!! I’ve only used it twice (washed hair twice since getting it). It is SUPER easy to use.
- Perfect curls. I really prefer my hair curly... and I have NEVER been able to achieve this with curling wands before. And the curls stay! Admittedly this is with using the tool with a perm already lol. But I know my curls drop signifcantly after 24h even with a perm in right now... so it’s a definite improvement.
I kind of view this as the alternative to having to keep perming my hair in the future to maintain this look. I hate the damage to my hair from perms, but I was literally incapable of achieving the same look by myself. I’m hoping I can get the same look now without the damage of the perms. Plus the perming cost $200-$300 each time here anyway... add two of those together and you have the price of the airwrap.
- my hair ends up SHINY and bouncy and smooth after using this. I don’t know how. Or why. But it works!!
- there are many other attachments for creating smooth straight hair, volume etc. I tried these on my mother who had short hair, and the volume was some kind of crazy! She loved it lol.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crystal Dreams, I am intrigued! I will look for the you-tube videos that @House Cat mentioned. I would love the extra volume. That I would pay money for, which is why I like my T3 dryer.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
So cool, this is the first time I'm hearing about this. I have the Dyson dryer (and I love it!) so this is tempting...

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To be fair, I think if you’re GOOD at styling hair and have multiple accessories that you’re good at using and do it well, you may not benefit from it as much as me.

For someone as hair styling CHALLENGED as myself however (which is EXTREMELY), this thing is a godsend.

I honestly cannot even coordinate holding a hair dryer and a brush to style with at the same time. It’s so ridiculous.

I found this girl’s review to be quite accurate. She isn’t terribly good at curling it- not quite sure why she sometimes wraps the strands around the tool as it really doesn’t need it, but here it is!
There are loads of videos out there though. Some are on the volumising brushes and tools...

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks amazing! I think I need to look into that tool. I'm hair doing challenged lol.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very cool!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another hair-challenged gal here!! Seriously thinking of getting this now.

(This girl in the video has AMAZING hair!! I am gre:Up_to_something:en with envy! haha).

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought my Dyson set when it came back in stock--can't wait to try it out! :)

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would love to hear what you girls think of it, and any tips you have on using it!!

I desperately needed to wash my hair yesterday but didn’t have time before work. My curls were looking sad and tangled (day 3 after drying with the Dyson) so I opted to just wet my ponytail in the shower lol and curl it dry with the airwrap (direction of my perm be damned!)

It seemed to work and held pretty well! And my hair was easier to deal with in ponytail form.

Phoenix, I agree! Her hair is stunning!! And the tool makes it absolutely amazing!

shopaholic999

Rough_Rock
I've had one since late Nov and I love it. I have a lot of hair and it's thick! This thing cuts down my drying time by almost half. My hair is bouncy and smooth after using it. The attachments are great too. The only thing that I am still getting used to is the regular filter cleaning. It comes with a cleaning brush ring, and looking at the dust being collected in the filter, I have to clean it every 10 days or so.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought one!!! I’m trying to get the threads merged.

It comes on Wednesday.

I have a GHD dryer and it’s meh. I LOVE my Harry josh dryer. It’s awesome.

It’s for my daughter really, but if I love it too, I’d farm out my others to the RV and the other house, etc and get another for me.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dyson-airwrap.247573/

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This woman didn’t even use hers right, and look at how good her hair came out:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results