shape
carat
color
clarity

Bose sleepbuds II — best $250 I have ever spent

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH snores so bad and I have moved into the guest room (mostly because of my knees and the lower bed, but we both get better sleep when we don’t sleep together)... anyway, I’ve been wearing foam ear plugs for years and I absolutely despise them.

So last week, at 2:30 am while silently fuming on the sofa (the next day I moved into the guest room with my cpap), and seeing that Bose was offering 10 miles per dollar purchase at one of my airline miles shopping venue (first year I have discovered this!) I pulled the trigger on th Bose sleepbuds II with alarm, $250.

Last night was the first night I used them— I should have bought these years ago. They are so comfortable and I played the “water as heard from a boat” noise (we have a boat and that is my all time comforting favorite sound in the world aside from my family etc). Last night was literally the best night sleep I have had in a loooooong time and I woke up on my own refreshed at about 8:15 a.m.

I’m blown away at what a successful first night I had. They sync to your Bluetooth and you control them from your iPad or iPhone.

Like, I’ve literlaly been happily humming since I woke up..... what???!!

They are only asleep buds and do not play music, and they do block out a lot so if your MIL calls with an emergency at 3 a.m. you might not hear the house phone. There are settings, so your alarm will play and I think you can get email and phone notifications, but I turned all of that off.

Here is the link: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products...ds-ii.html#v=noise_masking_sleepbuds_ii_white

Seriously, I wish I had known about these years ago.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man. I might need these. I am an incredibly light sleeper. DH and I have separate bedrooms. The cat wakes me up constantly just by walking to the kitchen to drink water.

Are they comfortable to sleep in? I’ve tried foam and other wireless earbuds but I’m a side sleeper and they are too uncomfortable :/

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man. I might need these. I am an incredibly light sleeper. DH and I have separate bedrooms. The cat wakes me up constantly just by walking to the kitchen to drink water.

Are they comfortable to sleep in? I’ve tried foam and other wireless earbuds but I’m a side sleeper and they are too uncomfortable :/

I found them to be super comfortable, and I didn’t have to fidget with my ears all night like I do with the foam ones

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would they double as regular earbuds for daytime use?

I have a more or less “ancient” set of Bose wired noise cancelling earbuds that I love - I won’t fly commercial or dine out alone without them. and I treated myself to a Bose avionics headset for a recent cross-country trip in my sweetie’s small (and old and very noisy) plane. Bose basically does one thing, and in my experience, they tend to do it very well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would they double as regular earbuds for daytime use?

I have a more or less “ancient” set of Bose wired noise cancelling earbuds that I love - I won’t fly commercial or dine out alone without them. and I treated myself to a Bose avionics headset for a recent cross-country trip in my sweetie’s small (and old and very noisy) plane. Bose basically does one thing, and in my experience, they tend to do it very well.

You can use them as noise cancelling, sure. I believe so. They just don’t play music or podcasts.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I sleep next to a lumberjack. I may need to look at these. I often end up bouncing between couch and bed.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, I may need these!

Would they block out a snoring husband? My ears are so sore from foam earplugs!

Also, are you a side sleeper? Are they comfy if you are on your side right on top of them?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sleep next to a lumberjack. I may need to look at these. I often end up bouncing between couch and bed.

They have a 30 day try it policy. I don’t think you would be disappointed.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, I may need these!

Would they block out a snoring husband? My ears are so sore from foam earplugs!

Also, are you a side sleeper? Are they comfy if you are on your side right on top of them?

I am a rotisserie chicken sleeper. Side back side stomach. I actually am not sleeping next to DH at the moment. But the guest room is by the great room where his TV and surround sound system are and I can’t hear a thing right now. Lol.

I despise foam earplugs. These are 100% better IMO.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to use foam earplugs and a white noise machine. This is like putting the white noise in your ear canal.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am a rotisserie chicken sleeper. Side back side stomach. I actually am not sleeping next to DH at the moment. But the guest room is by the great room where his TV and surround sound system are and I can’t hear a thing right now. Lol.

I despise foam earplugs. These are 100% better IMO.

Omg! Wish I had known about this while making my Christmas list. This may have to be a late addition. I am at the end of my rope with the foam earplugs. Thank you so much for sharing!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! Wish I had known about this while making my Christmas list. This may have to be a late addition. I am at the end of my rope with the foam earplugs. Thank you so much for sharing!

Foam earplugs are just disgusting. I will bring the foam ones with me to the hospital though, so they will be one less thing to worry about.

I had another good sleep last night with the earbuds. I’ll let you all know if the honeymoon ends anytime soon lol

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation. I need to look into these as well. Would I hear the snoring if I don't play any noise?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very happy to hear that there are others who sleep better in a separate room!!!! Not only does my DH snore, he sometimes has reflux that makes him choke, and he gets up during the night to go to the bathroom. That means no sleep for me unless we sleep in different rooms!!!! I do shut off my phone at night, but I do feel the need to be able to hear in case someone was trying to break in the house or warn us of a fire or something unlikely like that. I think the sleepbuds sound awesome, though! Glad they helped you, @whitewave !

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the recommendation. I need to look into these as well. Would I hear the snoring if I don't play any noise?

I would assume it would be muffled, but you would still hear it? Just a guess.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very happy to hear that there are others who sleep better in a separate room!!!! Not only does my DH snore, he sometimes has reflux that makes him choke, and he gets up during the night to go to the bathroom. That means no sleep for me unless we sleep in different rooms!!!! I do shut off my phone at night, but I do feel the need to be able to hear in case someone was trying to break in the house or warn us of a fire or something unlikely like that. I think the sleepbuds sound awesome, though! Glad they helped you, @whitewave !

I was a little fidgety with them last night, but I’m going to switch from the medium Buds to the small ones tonight to see if there is any difference.

Aside from a bit of fidgeting, I had anothe great night of sleep. (But as I mentioned, I’m on the other side of the house from DH).

I enjoy the water sounds.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally got myself a pair! I missed the post-thanksgiving sale, which would have been nice ($200 - I thought the sleepbuds would have been on sale through Christmas, like the regular earbuds, but that was not the case) so I bought a “reconditioned” pair at $180 instead. I figure “reconditioned” often means someone tried them for a day or two and then returned them. And they have a 90-day return period.

So… hubby’s bad snoring fits are, fortunately, infrequent, but they do filter out hubby’s snoring very nicely when needed.

Unfortunately I can’t wear the right earbud all night - I injured that side of my jaw when I was a kid and now have TMJ there. But I can use the sleepbud there for a few hours, if I sleep mostly on my back.

That said, I usually sleep on my right side anyway. I’ve been using the left ear sleep bud with a noise filtering “white noise” and it’s been a huge help in falling asleep, snd especially in returning to sleep after getting up in the middle of the night. So it has really helped the quality of my sleep overall!

BTW my husband tends to sleep on his left side. He figures we can each use one bud when we’re in our camper snd we have to camp near a road or something. We’ll see - LOL!

Anyhow, thanks, whitewave. Your post helped convince me to give these a try!

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had mine for several months @whitewave and I love them. It's important to note for peeps who asked that the sleep buds are noise masking not noise cancelling. From the Bose site:

It’s why Bose uses noise-masking technology in Sleepbuds™ II, which are designed to create a better experience for sleep sufferers. The noise-blocking effect of the earbuds combined with a soothing, noise-masking sound lets your brain ignore the things that may otherwise be a disruption, leading to peaceful relaxation and a restful sleep. And that’s far better than putting a noise machine in the corner of your room, because the steady sound goes right into your ears.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still loving mine! My housekeeper even washed them on accident when I was in the hospital with food poisoning and they still work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results