shape
carat
color
clarity

Your 5 most pretty CS rings

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This was so so hard but here is my top 5 in no particular order!

20180601_102931.jpg
1. Bespoke Gems sapphire - I went to see Doug about an oval and walked out with this. I'm funny about blues and this was an intriguing blue that won me over.

2. JD tourmaline - I've wanted an asccher in like forever. Green asccher in rose gold is all my dreams come true! The cut is mesmerising.

3. Yellow diamond ring by DBL - my ring of a lifetime. This was an indulgent purchase and I love it. Total movie star ring!

4. JD Chrysoberyl - saw this stone and sent JD a bunch of incoherent messages about it praying it hadn't sold already. The very affordable totally fancy setting was such a bonus.

5. Ruby heart - I loooooove heart shaped stones and just had to have this. I wouldn't have been happy with a ruby in any other shape. It's so cute and makes me smile.

I'll try this again. I messed up my first response.
@mellowyellowgirl...
That's it!! The yellow diamond ring is totally YOU! I love it! I've read so many of your fun posts and enjoyed them and this bright, shiny, over the top ring screams "mellowyellowgirl"!! What a fancy ring.:clap::clap:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't know why, but your spinel is new to me. I love it!! Wow, that color. I was trying to decide between the star and the spinel, and the spinel won. Gorgeous ring.

Too kind as always :)
It is included but the colour more than makes up for it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was so so hard but here is my top 5 in no particular order!

20180601_102931.jpg
1. Bespoke Gems sapphire - I went to see Doug about an oval and walked out with this. I'm funny about blues and this was an intriguing blue that won me over.

2. JD tourmaline - I've wanted an asccher in like forever. Green asccher in rose gold is all my dreams come true! The cut is mesmerising.

3. Yellow diamond ring by DBL - my ring of a lifetime. This was an indulgent purchase and I love it. Total movie star ring!

4. JD Chrysoberyl - saw this stone and sent JD a bunch of incoherent messages about it praying it hadn't sold already. The very affordable totally fancy setting was such a bonus.

5. Ruby heart - I loooooove heart shaped stones and just had to have this. I wouldn't have been happy with a ruby in any other shape. It's so cute and makes me smile.

I am still looking for the YD, your yellow diamond ring is perfect!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say I love how you used Hauynite as part of your melee in those beautiful, original rings. I've always been fascinated by that stone. I heard that they closed off the gravel area where it's mined and there will be no more. So sad.

Thank you, Suzanne! I love hauynite, too and am sorry that it's no more is being mined :( It's my favorite melee stone, bar none.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speechless!!! Drooling all over these colorful masterpieces. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Heart stoppingingly beautiful and I should stay away because I don't know if my poor heart can take it but Ohhh emmmm geeee I love this thread.:love:

I only have one ring worth sharing in this thread so I must work on getting the other 4. Can someone call my dh and tell him this thread is the reason why? :cheeky:

I am sure y'all sick of seeing my Cartier black opal so will just share an IG link to a video of the ring that I haven't shared on PS before. Unlike the still pics which are all over PS and don't need to share those again.

https://instagram.com/p/Bgl9-IqhwFT/

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speechless!!! Drooling all over these colorful masterpieces. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Heart stoppingingly beautiful and I should stay away because I don't know if my poor heart can take it but Ohhh emmmm geeee I love this thread.:love:

I only have one ring worth sharing in this thread so I must work on getting the other 4. Can someone call my dh and tell him this thread is the reason why? :cheeky:

I am sure y'all sick of seeing my Cartier black opal so will just share an IG link to a video of the ring that I haven't shared on PS before. Unlike the still pics which are all over PS and don't need to share those again.

Boy, oh boy, do I love that black opal. Totally drool worthy! :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We are never sick of seeing that gorgeous opal ring!!!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am so going to love this thread!! Everything posted so far is gorgeous! Thanks for starting it Acinom!!!

I don't have any family shots but here are what I consider to be my 5 prettiest CS rings[excluding my ER]. In no particular order:

1. My blue sapphire ring
DSC_3191.JPG
2. My pink sapphire ring
DSC_3503.JPG
3. My ruby ring. It just glows...
DSC_3681.JPG
4. My opal ring
IMG_1979[1].jpg
5. My blue zircon ring
IMG_7995.JPG

What size is your blue sapphire? Thanks. All so pretty!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a hard time playing favorites with my jewelry. This is what popped out at me when I opened up my jewelry box to look for this thread.
1. Rhodolite bracelet
2. Multi Stone bezel necklace. Those are all of our birthstones
3. Sapphire and diamond band ring
4. Tanzanite 3 Stone ring
5. Blue topaz and Diamond eternity band 20180603_123755.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've spent the last hour going through this thread for the THIRD time. Everything is too beautiful and too stunning for words. @Acinom you have outdone yourself!

So of course I want to play too. Here are my five favorites.
Starting from the left.
First is my blue sapphire. It was my first colored stone purchase and I still love it, nicks and chips and all. 2.5 cts, unheated with half moon diamonds.
Second is my new bi-color tourmaline that I bought in Tuscon, from the San Diego mine in CA. David Klass did the setting and his bezels are immaculate.
Third is the crazy, wavy aquamarine cut by John Dyer and set by David Klass. I've since found out that Amy did the design.
Fourth is my Isabella emerald, sourced and set by Caysie at CVB Inspried Design.
Last is my grandidierite, tiny and rare. It darkened a bit when it was set by my local jeweler, but it's still a bright little guy that makes me smile every time I wear it.

20180602_153710.jpg

The Hand Shot:

20180602_154322.jpg

I wanted to show the profile of the Wavy and the Isabella:

20180603_120855.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoops, I just realized that I should have put my yellow diamond in that group. But she IS in my profile picture :)

AND that this thread of about RINGS, not bracelets and necklaces. Yes, I can read and comprehend what I'm reading. Clearly I was not focusing this morning!! Sorry!!! :(

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2
Gorgeous rings! But that aqua! She just speaks to me.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for joining the game @KaeKae and @suzanne2 !!!

Kaekae: your multi birthstone bezel ring is amazing!!! What a great inspiration. Do you have a thread for it? Or an in action photo perhaps?

Suzanne: seems we are ring sisters when it comes to the colour of our sapphires! I love love love the green/aqua colours in your collection, especially your wavy aqua as it is so unique.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Hand Shot:

20180602_154322.jpg

20180603_120855.jpg

Hope you enjoy![/QUOTE]

Both of those rings are stunning, the degree of detail is amazing! I'm still in love with the cutting on your aqua!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So many pretty things! I love how each person’s personality shines through. It’s delightful to see the variety of settings! I’m just oohing over the sapphires and rubies today!!! :love:

Thanks, everybody, for sharing your favorites!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent the last hour going through this thread for the THIRD time. Everything is too beautiful and too stunning for words. @Acinom you have outdone yourself!

Starting from the left.
First is my blue sapphire. It was my first colored stone purchase and I still love it, nicks and chips and all. 2.5 cts, unheated with half moon diamonds.
Second is my new bi-color tourmaline that I bought in Tuscon, from the San Diego mine in CA. David Klass did the setting and his bezels are immaculate.
Third is the crazy, wavy aquamarine cut by John Dyer and set by David Klass. I've since found out that Amy did the design.
Fourth is my Isabella emerald, sourced and set by Caysie at CVB Inspried Design.
Last is my grandidierite, tiny and rare. It darkened a bit when it was set by my local jeweler, but it's still a bright little guy that makes me smile every time I wear it.

20180602_153710.jpg

The Hand Shot:

20180602_154322.jpg

20180603_120855.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Love your rings Suzanne! That sapphire one comes as a surprise. It’s stunning! I really need to get myself a 3 stone but I keep going with halos. :lol-2:
Love, love, love the side detail on your wave ring. It’s seriously one of my favorites. There’s just so much detail and it all comes together so naturally. :kiss2:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2013-01-17_17_1.jpg 2013-01-17_17_0.jpg 2013-01-17_17.jpg
Kaekae: your multi birthstone bezel ring is amazing!!! What a great inspiration. Do you have a thread for it? Or an in action photo perhaps?
@Acinom, These are all I have on my computer. There is an amethyst, citrine, peridot and I think it's a pink coated topaz. They represent our family birthstones, with the pink being for October. I don't remember if they didn't have tourmaline, or if it was too pricy. It was made for me by Daniel M, if you remember him. I was so disappointed when psers started having problems with that company, then they went out of business on etsy :( They were great to work with at the time.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Starting from the left.

20180602_153710.jpg

The Hand Shot:

20180602_154322.jpg

20180603_120855.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

I'm in heaven again :kiss2:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Starting from the left.

20180602_153710.jpg

The Hand Shot:

20180602_154322.jpg

20180603_120855.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
All of them are gorgeous, but that grandierite!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! It's so much fun picking and arranging and trying to get a nice picture. I love to get lost in wonderland when I do this. Seriously, it's like a sort of zen state where an hour will go by and feel like minutes...
@elle_71125 You are a sweetheart! I haven't posted my sapphire much. Before, when I wore it I got mad at myself for not sending it back 10 years ago because one of the diamonds has a tint of yellow (even though I'm the only one who notices). I think I was afraid of hurting the seller's feelings or something. :rolleyes: How stupid is that? I'm over that now and it's back to top favorite status...along with Wavy, the aqua.
@theredspinel You are so kind to me. I like you.
@Arkteia Isn't that grandidierite cool? Brad at The Gem Trader had this and though I'd never seen one IRL I had to buy it. I was surprised at how bright and pretty it was and I'm disappointed that the setting darkened it. It has so many prongs I'm scared to reset it without damage. Thanks for your nice compliment.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! It's so much fun picking and arranging and trying to get a nice picture. I love to get lost in wonderland when I do this. Seriously, it's like a sort of zen state where an hour will go by and feel like minutes...
@elle_71125 You are a sweetheart! I haven't posted my sapphire much. Before, when I wore it I got mad at myself for not sending it back 10 years ago because one of the diamonds has a tint of yellow (even though I'm the only one who notices). I think I was afraid of hurting the seller's feelings or something. :rolleyes: How stupid is that? I'm over that now and it's back to top favorite status...along with Wavy, the aqua.
@theredspinel You are so kind to me. I like you.
@Arkteia Isn't that grandidierite cool? Brad at The Gem Trader had this and though I'd never seen one IRL I had to buy it. I was surprised at how bright and pretty it was and I'm disappointed that the setting darkened it. It has so many prongs I'm scared to reset it without damage. Thanks for your nice compliment.

Why miss, I like you too! :P2

Seriously. Things are about to get weird. Emosh :oops2: but this is something that needs saying so here goes...

Suzanne, once you said something to me. Somehing that was so sweet and profound, something that people that have known me my whole life barely see in me, I heard it from a virtual stranger. You. It was so deep I couldn't respond to you at the time though I deeply wanted to; you deserved a response (and sorry I couldn't deliver it back then).

You, someone somewhere (I dont know who and Idont know where) you actually gave me a ray of light when I was at my darkest. *Somehow* you gave me hope? It was weird! :mrgreen2: but I loved it and i love you for it. So thank you.

Everyone's probably thinking I'm such a weirdo right now and I dont want to reference what you said to me back in December that's led to this message.. But I think you'll know. You are awesome, your kindness was awesome and thank you. You were right, I can feel happiness again =)2 slowely but surely the feelings are coming back.

You are awesome!

Ok enough derailing weirdness from me, sorry acinom! Back to the glorious pics please!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
something that people that have known me my whole life barely see in me, I heard it from a virtual stranger. You. It was so deep I couldn't respond to you at the time though I deeply wanted to; you deserved a response (and sorry I couldn't deliver it back then).

Finally! A response! It's about time!! It only took six months!!!

Joking aside, of course I know what you are talking about. You were in a dark place and I'm so pleased you heard me. "That one click, and we will have you, lock stock and barrel".
Welcome back.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry I cannot trim down to 5 so I’ll do 8 (actually, 9, as the chameleon diamond has a diamond stopper). :P2

FD0ED678-F13F-4DF1-8210-86460E43558D.jpeg DDC57E7D-A453-4BF9-B7B6-96F63B680143.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone should have more than 5 it's you @Seaglow!

Seriously though your jade ring and that purple diamond gets me every single time! :love:

And the pink stone in the triple band! hehe If I ain't halo-ing that's what I want to aim for :lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super rings, @Seaglow ! I truly Love them all! My favorites are the jade ring, purple diamond and the pear shaped pad. That jade ring is a beauty. The proportions are so harmonious and that jade color and translucency with the diamonds...so great together.

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I cannot trim down to 5 so I’ll do 8 (actually, 9, as the chameleon diamond has a diamond stopper). :P2

FD0ED678-F13F-4DF1-8210-86460E43558D.jpeg DDC57E7D-A453-4BF9-B7B6-96F63B680143.jpeg
Gorgeous!!! Your ring collection is phenomenal. Who is your go-to jeweller for your settings?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Your ring collection is phenomenal. Who is your go-to jeweller for your settings?

Depends on which country or city I’m at. I also buy finished rings if I like them. :) but I use different goldsmiths depending on my set budget. :) I can skip CAD, mold, and rendering if the design is simple and it saves on cost. For micro melees and pavés, I have molds done and CADs. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results