shape
carat
color
clarity

You know someone isn’t a PSer when...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Screenshot_20190208-105041.png When the girls in your office invite you to a "jewelry party" ( cuz, "you love jewelry"), and are dumbfounded when you sit with a polite smile, not buying a thing, while they ooh and ahh over the plated base metal and rhinestone crap being offered ...:snooty:

Ewwww
Sounds worse than a tupperwear party - at least tupperwear is useful

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did i kids this thread the first time around ?
:lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an easy one! When a client orders a setting without inquiring or specifying the shape of the prongs. No one is pickier about prongs than Pricescopers.

That does not apply to those who prefer bezel settings to prongs and claws like me, however, I know what you mean.

DK :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When your dog walker has a ring that looks JUST LIKE THIS - only grey-er - and you seriously consider buying her a new ring yourself, just to cut the horror in the world.

W1749KW.jpg

These cluster settings and style of rings are still widely available in UK on offer in high street jewellers and their online stores, and the shopping channels, and I cringe when I see them!

1624264444956.png

Each to their own and all that!

DK :roll2:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
My son was going on about how his generation doesn't care about diamonds, waste of money, blah blah blah.

I get his point. I really do. But he will have to wait until I'm dead and buried if he thinks he's going to propose to anyone with a tooth set in acrylic or something like that.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
These cluster settings and style of rings are still widely available in UK on offer in high street jewellers and their online stores, and the shopping channels, and I cringe when I see them!

1624264444956.png

Each to their own and all that!

DK :roll2:

Yup, I've seen 'em too!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I had a lovely lady who worked for me for many years & she knew I was a jewellery freak. I made a point of telling her that I clean all my rings etc after every time I wore them because she would actually put on filthy earrings to come to work in! She would rotate her earring collection without ever cleaning them:sick: Her rings were thick with some type of gray gunge & the back of the stones were filled to the top with the stuff:sick: I don't think she would ever join PriceScope:eek-2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
- When the “arrows” and prong alignment was never a concern to them.
- When anything more than one carat is big.
- When they only have one “serious” ring.
- When all blue sapphires are just blue… or light blue and dark blue.
- When they have no idea which countries gemstones originate from.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a lovely lady who worked for me for many years & she knew I was a jewellery freak. I made a point of telling her that I clean all my rings etc after every time I wore them because she would actually put on filthy earrings to come to work in! She would rotate her earring collection without ever cleaning them:sick: Her rings were thick with some type of gray gunge & the back of the stones were filled to the top with the stuff:sick: I don't think she would ever join PriceScope:eek-2:

My mom has rings like that. I would tell her to take them off so I could clean them. It would take days of soaking, multiple ultrasonic sessions, scrubbing with a toothbrush etc. I would get nauseated doing it but I persevered. I would give them back…knowing she would never keep them clean. She refused to let me clean them sometimes. That would make me crazy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you have to make sure that you don’t refer to your pieces by their name when talking to a NB (Non-blinger).

“Oh this ring is Martha Washington and the one on my right hand is Blondie but I try to only wear them daily and not Fancy Pants because she is for special occasions”.

LOL!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When they put on or remove rings with a finger ON THE TABLE. It makes me gasp whenever I see it! :eek-2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the fiancé says that “she will be happy with anything” and guess what? She is!!! It’s happened 4 times this past year to lovely couples that I know! The ladies are sooo excited about the ring (think 1500 dollar budget, not worth discussing stats) and proceed to plan a 30k plus wedding!! As in. The ring don’t matter but the wedding day does.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have friends who think I’m weird for washing my rings daily or twice a day because they only officially clean them if they take them to the jeweller. They’re normal, clean people who wash daily and launder their clothes but weirdly their jewellery is somehow exempted from needing washing in their minds :roll2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
When the fiancé says that “she will be happy with anything” and guess what? She is!!! It’s happened 4 times this past year to lovely couples that I know! The ladies are sooo excited about the ring (think 1500 dollar budget, not worth discussing stats) and proceed to plan a 30k plus wedding!! As in. The ring don’t matter but the wedding day does.

I don't understand these kind of people lol.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I have friends who think I’m weird for washing my rings daily or twice a day because they only officially clean them if they take them to the jeweller. They’re normal, clean people who wash daily and launder their clothes but weirdly their jewellery is somehow exempted from needing washing in their minds :roll2:

Imagine if they swabbed the rings & sent it away to be cultured.......what on earth would it grow on the culture plate???:sick:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they don’t have very detailed dreams about jewelry.

Like last night, in my dream Chelsea Girl from IG and her daughter went into a bar that was closed and searched the floor for jewelry that patrons had lost. They came out with a whole pile and I asked her to contact me about one of the rings they found so I could buy it. I’ve also had multiple nights of dreaming about jewelry this week!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had TWO people in my life unsure what color amethyst was. They didn't even know it was purple. I can't believe I still speak to them! :lol-2: (Yes, I know there's green amethyst, but this was not about that. I can't even imagine the confusion had I tried to explain about green amethyst!)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My engagement ring was .80, and I had someone say to me, "Now that is a ROCK!" And they weren't being funny. They really thought it was a big rock, LOL!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they're happy with thin-gold-plated jewelry, not even vermeil, and don't see the point on spending money on real gold that could be used for essentials like video games. :lol-2:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a horrible, unhappy suspicion that Duchess Kate is not a jewelry enthusiast. Yes, she wears nice jewelry, but she doesn't even have the basic set that all good PSers with her sort of money would have: A decent pair of diamond studs and a diamond solitaire pendant. Or even a DBTY necklace. I'd settle for that! She doesn't wear necklaces much, and she has a LOT of gold-plated jewelry, even though she could well afford solid gold. I think the only jewelry she seems really enthusiastic about is large earrings, and they're often not high-quality. It makes me so sad. :lol-2:

ETA: But the biggest giveaway that she's not one of us is her lack of classic diamonds. It's a tragedy, with her resources! Wouldn't you just love to see her rocking some BGD or WF?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I have a horrible, unhappy suspicion that Duchess Kate is not a jewelry enthusiast. Yes, she wears nice jewelry, but she doesn't even have the basic set that all good PSers with her sort of money would have: A decent pair of diamond studs and a diamond solitaire pendant. Or even a DBTY necklace. I'd settle for that! She doesn't wear necklaces much, and she has a LOT of gold-plated jewelry, even though she could well afford solid gold. I think the only jewelry she seems really enthusiastic about is large earrings, and they're often not high-quality. It makes me so sad. :lol-2:

ETA: But the biggest giveaway that she's not one of us is her lack of classic diamonds. It's a tragedy, with her resources! Wouldn't you just love to see her rocking some BGD or WF?

Yeah, I’m so thankful for Queen Maxima and some of the other European royalty who rock in their big guns/gems. Camilla rocks in those big tiaras too, plus she has a beautiful engagement ring.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, Camilla looks amazing in her large tiaras.

Camilla tiara 1.jpg
Camilla tiara 2.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Kate looks nice in the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara, but somehow I preferred it on Diana. Not sure why.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kate in some incredible jewels when she becomes queen!
dIANA CAMBRIDGE.jpg
kATE cAMBRIDGE.jpg

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
- only green untreated jade is qualified to be called jadeite
- I have a really unique blue topaz ring of Tiffany color

I really enjoy reading this thread.
Can’t think much to add

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Jambalaya, I agree, I get the feeling Kate isn't really into jewelry. I can picture her looking at the Diana ring and saying "ok, sure, I'll wear it" and popping it on and going about her business lol. I do think it looks beautiful on her.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
somehow I preferred it on Diana. Not sure why.

imho big tiaras look better with big hair...looks better w/ Diana's flip than Kate's chignon...I think that's why the tiaras look good on Camilla too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results