shape
carat
color
clarity

You know someone isn’t a PSer when...

baublelove

Rough_Rock
I’m no PSer then. The thought of taking a photo of a stranger going about their personal business, without asking their permission, makes me deeply uncomfortable.
Maybe not in this “extra” way you’re not a PSer. I’ll admit my level is stratospheric and your viewpoint does give me pause to reflect on the appropriateness of this. Food for thought. It was in admiration of her set and looking at it as from one of the threads here “real life perspective.” It was gorgeous.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe not in this “extra” way you’re not a PSer. I’ll admit my level is stratospheric and your viewpoint does give me pause to reflect on the appropriateness of this. Food for thought. It was in admiration of her set and looking at it as from one of the threads here “real life perspective.” It was gorgeous.

I have friends who take pics of strangers’ or friend’s of theirs bling because they know I would want to see it! Good food for thought @baublelove. The bling love does not always make me think about things from every angle.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m no PSer then. The thought of taking a photo of a stranger going about their personal business, without asking their permission, makes me deeply uncomfortable.

Id want to take the pboto
But i wouldn't

And my photography skills leave a lot to be desired

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They send the group chat a pic of “their ring” and accept all compliments and then add, this isn’t my stone or my setting—-but it will be a lot like this:roll: b I ordered a similar one.

Oh. And no one else in the group chat finds it odd. They continue to say what a gorgeous ring she will have. True story.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh God people do that???!!!

Yes indeedy they do! Someone close to me did this - to her own ring and to my ring. How can you now admire the beauty with your finger oils diminishing the performance? She was taken aback when I reacted and explained this.

I am a tactile person. I often reach out to brush my fingers against something (never someone - and never something ON someone unless I am certain this would be ok with them) to further appreciate it by 'connecting' with it. I imagine this is why people touch diamonds/gems in this way... without ever realizing why it doesn't make sense in the case of jewelry (and often, pieces of art).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results