carat
color
clarity

You know someone isn’t a PSer when...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know someone isn’t a PSer when…

- You say cut is king and they reply “wait, I thought Prince Charles was next in line.”

- They don’t have a 20x loupe and alcohol wipes in their purse

- When they don’t know the difference between a carre cut from a French cut; from a windmill or a window

- They don’t pause every show and commercial when someone’s wearing something big and blingy. And they don’t use the timed rewind to see if they can get a better shot

- They don’t recognize your rings (that’s YOUR rings PSer, ladies!) across all ring social media subforums on reddit, weddingbee, the knot, Pinterest, the purse forum, and on IG

- They don’t send their rings/stones in a taped box, taped down within another box with the carrier’s security return label on it, and the outer box taped tightly it’s like an S&M scenario gone wild. (My badly packaged box was once the subject of an @Wink video on another forum “How NOT to tape a box”!!! Wink do you remember my Liz C sapphire and diamond ring with your OEC in it?? :oops2::mrgreen2:)

I’m sure I’ll think of more. BTW I’ve been a lurker since 2003 when PS member Mara was the undisputed queen (meant in the best way) around here. I became a member a few years later under a name which I now can’t remember. I was 35 when I found PS. Life got in the way with relocations and raising kids so thus the new user name at now age 54. I’ve learned so much from all of you long time members and you long time trade members so thank you for all the time and advice you’ve imparted over the years! And kudos to some of the newer (to me) members who make helpful contributions and posts.

I don’t suppose there’s a copy of this S&M tape job vid floating around somewhere? :bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that description of Jolie’s ring….ribbed diamonds?!

Maybe ribbed for her pleasure :lol-2: Trojan cut perhaps?

Okay I’ll stop now.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
(My badly packaged box was once the subject of an @Wink video on another forum “How NOT to tape a box”!!! Wink do you remember my Liz C sapphire and diamond ring with your OEC in it?? :oops2::mrgreen2:)

I certainly do. It was so hard for me to believe the ring was not damaged or completely lost as poorly as that poor package had been treated.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
......... when their phone is not full of photos of their bling :confused:

.........when they think you are weird for having a phone full of photos of your own bling and any other bling you have seen, tried on, coveted etc :doh:

......... when they DONT plan weekends away and holidays based around whether the destination will have nice jewellery shops :Up_to_something:

........... when they believe what sales assistants in jewellery shops tell them....... :lol:
:wall: :lol: :wall:

baublelove

Rough_Rock
I certainly do. It was so hard for me to believe the ring was not damaged or completely lost as poorly as that poor package had been treated.

When l saw your video, l couldn’t believe it either! At least I had insured it, but still. Well l learned from the best and l never did that again! Now I do it the PS/Wink/properly secured way!! Wink, I hope you are well and enjoying life to its fullest. As I write I hear your warm and friendly voice and wish you much happiness and health, and wealth. ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does any one have any tips for taking pics off tv
I have tried all sorts of things and it wastes hours of time ! :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:
Off late i drag out the lap top and do a screen shot but that's a pain if im just watching tv tv not Netflix

Also thank you @MamaBee. @RMOO
and @dk168
I feel a bit better now and yes they are surprisingly sparkly for the mall

But it wasn't a ring so i knew my junior PS membership was safe :lol-2:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When a salesperson in a world famous jewelry store looks at your radiant cut diamond and says "That's a beautiful emerald cut."

I kid you not. This happened today.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are cracking me up!!!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As I write I hear your warm and friendly voice and wish you much happiness and health, and wealth. ❤️

Thank you for your kind words, they make my heart happy.

I am currently transitioning to a position with Continental Diamond, who will soon be a vendor member of Pricescope. I will be working on the net, from home. You, and others, will be able to hear my warm and friendly voice in the near future, and if we should do a Skype call, you will be able to see my new beard. It is only a couple of months old and is richly filled with that silver color that makes us geezers look so distinguished.

Wink

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

I am currently transitioning to a position with Continental Diamond, who will soon be a vendor member of Pricescope. I will be working on the net, from home. You, and others, will be able to hear my warm and friendly voice in the near future, and if we should do a Skype call, you will be able to see my new beard. It is only a couple of months old and is richly filled with that silver color that makes us geezers look so distinguished.

Wink

Silver… or is it platinum? :cool2:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I haven't heard of Continental Diamonds but that means nothing. Tell us about this company. Mined? Lab?

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Silver… or is it platinum? :cool2:

Silly me. I must have been watching too many Netflix nature documentaries and was thinking of the old silverbacks...

Now if I could just get the black diamonds in my platinum beard to form a Makume Gane pattern, then I would be truly rocking it!

Wink

Last edited:

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I haven't heard of Continental Diamonds but that means nothing. Tell us about this company. Mined? Lab?

They are in Minneapolis and have an incredible owned inventory of diamonds, both mined and lab grown. We have been friends and competitors for thirty years or so now and I am so excited to be working with them soon.

I do not want to talk too much about them now, but when they become a member here, all of the great details will be on their vendor page. They have a website, but it is being brought up from a drive local business to the store sight to a "let's do business from the comfort of your home" sight.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Owned? Holy cow. Holy cow.
I'm from White Bear Lake and have an instinctive trust from that area, accurate or not. Keep us posted!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
They are in Minneapolis and have an incredible owned inventory of diamonds, both mined and lab grown. We have been friends and competitors for thirty years or so now and I am so excited to be working with them soon.

I do not want to talk too much about them now, but when they become a member here, all of the great details will be on their vendor page. They have a website, but it is being brought up from a drive local business to the store sight to a "let's do business from the comfort of your home" sight.

I am so happy to hear this, @Wink, and simply thrilled for you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When a salesperson in a world famous jewelry store looks at your radiant cut diamond and says "That's a beautiful emerald cut."

I kid you not. This happened today.

That’s crazy..Did you correct the salesperson?

baublelove

Rough_Rock

Wink
:appl::appl::appl::appl:
Very, very happy to hear this from you. I did read this in another post here so it’s good to know we will have even more of your presence on the boards. It feels like a phoenix rising moment is on the horizon, made even more spectacular with the platinum beard visage!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results