shape
carat
color
clarity

You know someone isn’t a PSer when...

baublelove

Rough_Rock
This is such a great thread.... This weekend I had a friend visit who was admiring my ring by putting her finger right on the TABLE :???:. Within one minute I was running to clean the diamond :)

This one is an arrow to heart for me. And a crime. We should be able to make citizen arrests on this.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a great thread.... This weekend I had a friend visit who was admiring my ring by putting her finger right on the TABLE :???:. Within one minute I was running to clean the diamond :)

You know you’re not a PSer when….
You read the above comment and think the friend just put her finger on the kitchen table hahaha

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
........when you are in a store trying on this ring, and the sales assistant tells you that the ring features a beautiful PRINCESS cut diamond :shock:

1648108166957.png

So you politely ask if if she may have made a mistake since this is clearly an asscher? You point out the steps, the cut corners. No, she informs you - asschers are antique diamonds and this is a modern setting so they would never have used an antique diamond in it. :confused: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
-----when they try to spruce up their wedding set by adding a hodgepodge of stacking bands or changing settings instead of going for the e-ring/centerstone upgrade.
You can only have so many stacking bands/enhancers... eventually you need to look at the stone and say, "it's time" :lol:

—-when they don’t own an ultrasonic, or even know what it is…
Or worse... when they put pearls, emeralds, opals in one... O___O

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I took my MIL to a few higher end jewelry stores in an attempt to get her interested in quality jewelry because she adores jewelry but blows thousands of dollars on super junky stuff that falls apart and doesn't sparkle at all. (Think sapphires that you'd mistake for onyx.) I just can't get her to understand the concept of quality over quantity.

In Mikimoto she informed the sales associate that she takes excellent care of her pearls because she "oils them" with baby oil. :shock: And while visiting VCA she asked if they sold Rolexes.

Yeah, I needed a giant glass of wine after that shopping trip!

Last edited:

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Also is there a thread that’s “you know you are PSer when…”? If not there should be!

Here it is:
We've had threads like this in the past and they were always fun.

I was reminded of my PSer-ness when I awoke in a cold sweat this morning. I had a terrible nightmare last night that I had a new VC halo (around a HUGE AVC, I might add) and VC made it sans donut so my wedding band could fit flush. However, the joint between the head and the band was so small that the head became loose and started bending terribly. It was horrible! I made a thread (of course) and it started a whole new how-thin-is-too-thin debate, this time regarding halos.

The funniest thing is that I'm not a halo fan anymore, and I hate it when my rings sit flush! Maybe I have a split-ring personality.

SO . . . my contribution:

You know you're a PSer when . . . you have nightmares about engagement rings you don't even own.

baublelove

Rough_Rock
Also is there a thread that’s “you know you are PSer when…”? If not there should be!

I posted under that title in Hangout just today!

baublelove

Rough_Rock
They grab the ring with the finger on top of the diamond and the bottom of the shank.

My sister does this to me and other people and it kills me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They grab the ring with the finger on top of the diamond and the bottom of the shank.

Haha that is one positive aspect of the pandemic. No one has been close enough these past few years to do that. :cool2:

Don't touch the ring.

:naughty:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Once when I was in the mall, I popped into a jewellers to look at some gold stacking/ wedding rings. The SA helping me noticed my ID Jewellery large eternity and asked to look at it. I took it off, and handed it over. She then proceeded to pull on each stone with her sweaty little hands. Saying the stones always come out of these big rings so it’s best to check. Then handed over my molested ring with her paw prints all over it, without even offering to clean it!
There was nothing wrong with the setting, ID Jewelry, builds those things like a tank. It’s just coming up to 10 years now and I’ve never had a loose diamond.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They use the dishwshing liquid with the moisturiser in

At work today we ran out of our usual bulk brand and had to run to the shop and buy a bottle of Palmolive - it is lovelly and soft

I was telling my boss about cleaning diamonds ....

baublelove

Rough_Rock
…they don’t take pics of jaw dropping jewels IRL. I was sitting across from this woman at JFK‘s JetBlue restaurant concourse yesterday. Couldn’t tell if it was a round or a cushion. It had to be at least 10cts on her right hand, and a huge eternity on her left hand. This was as zoomed in as I could go. Hubby didn’t even bat an eye. He knew this had to be done. I really wanted to ask her if she was a PSer and if I could take a photo. B39D7635-7F28-4B10-A3EB-7ABDDC4D3C32.jpeg

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
…they don’t take pics of jaw dropping jewels IRL. I was sitting across from this woman at JFK‘s JetBlue restaurant concourse yesterday. Couldn’t tell if it was a round or a cushion. It had to be at least 10cts on her right hand, and a huge eternity on her left hand. This was as zoomed in as I could go. Hubby didn’t even bat an eye. He knew this had to be done. I really wanted to ask her if she was a PSer and if I could take a photo. B39D7635-7F28-4B10-A3EB-7ABDDC4D3C32.jpeg

I’m no PSer then. The thought of taking a photo of a stranger going about their personal business, without asking their permission, makes me deeply uncomfortable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results