shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow sapphire to look like a canary diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That IS cool!!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Widget-
That ring (and the stone in it!) is just GORGEOUS! What a great job Michael did! That''s yuor pinky ring, no? I love the sapphires with the aqua. I like the monocolor effect.

Brightspot- Widget is right... Don''t ge confused, have fun! You know this is fun!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your ideas! Ok, the E-W ring is officially out. That''s progress.
emwink.gif

Belle, that emerald ring is lovely & gracious. I really love the style--it''s actually very similar in style & shape to a ruby ring I already own, so I''d probably go with something different in shape for this ring.

Velouria, now you''re confusing me even more by posting these beautiful rings I hadn''t seen yet!
3.gif
As for the half-moon ring, my thoughts were that the sidestones would be smaller--similar in proportion to the center stone as they are in the ring posted by valeria. (though smaller as that was a 6 ct honker!)
30.gif
I was initially not considering 3-stone rings with larger sidestones due to budgetary considerations, but you''re right that we could use white sapphires to cut costs. The bezel set 3-stone is quite stunning.

LOL re: roval. Thanks for the link about the barion cutting. That makes sense. Michael E. was telling me about how flat many of the sapphires on eBay are & they look just like the ceylon stones in that link. I''m really excited to see mine!

That''s an interesting thought about letting my bf make the final decision on the mounting...

Widget--what a coincidence! Your ring is absolutely breathtaking! The mounting is gorgeous & I love the contrast between the sapphires & the aquamarine! It''s so lively! (interesting to see the bottom of it as well.)

You''re totally confusing me w/ your opposite view of the e-ringy styles. I see what you mean....

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
How about cushion cut with two smaller sidestones, all bezel set, with a halo around them? Heh...

Like this:
cus22_200.jpg

Except with a cushion (or roval) center with pave on the bezel?

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Widget, I love what you did with your aqua, it''s beautiful! And that underside view is mesmerizing - rings should be reversible!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2005 2:13:28 PM
Author: velouriaL

How about cushion cut with two smaller sidestones, all bezel set, with a halo around them? Heh...

4.gif

515_di_image_cc76e.jpg

Only yellow & cushion instead...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
OMG---I wish "all of the above" were an option!
30.gif

aeli

Rough_Rock
Where did you find this beautiful ring!?!

hmmmhmmm.jpg

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock

Like this:
cus22_200.jpg

How gorgeous! Who did this ring?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 6:12:30 PM
Author: aeli
Where did you find this beautiful ring!?!
fancydiamonds.net
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 8:22:16 PM
Author: CaraMish

How gorgeous! Who did this ring?
lindapenwardenjewellery.com
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 1:02:52 PM
Author: widget

Author: BrightSpot

Does anyone know what a Barion style cut is? Would antique cushion or fat oval be a better choice?
SO FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK!!! I just received this ring from Michael E this week!

He cut and set this little aquamarine into an old Deco mounting I had kicking around. He described it as a ''mixed Barion cut''.

Obviously Michael can explain what a Barion Cut is, and what he has in mind for your stone, but my impression of this aqua is that it''s underside almost looks like that of a brilliant cut diamond. It is much brighter, livelier, more sparkly than I ever expected an aquamarine to be!

Regarding which style mounting looks ''Eringy''...I feel almost the opposite of you...I tend to think of a three-stone ring as looking Eringy, and a halo mounting (particularly with a larger center stone) as looking more RHR-y. Oh heck...either way would be just fine...and absolutely gorgeous!...

Don''d be confused....have fun!

widget
w
30.gif
w widget!! that is stunning!!
18.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This yellow sapphire ring is on the minata website. There is another ring with a yellow sapphire and another colored stone there as well.

Deb

minatayellowsapphirering.jpg

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Like this:
cus22_200.jpg

I had this exact ring done in with a ruby in yellow gold.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the other ring with a yellow sapphire which I mentioned having found at the minata website. It features a yellow sapphire and a tzavorite in yellow gold.

Deborah

sapphiretzavorite.jpg

Aimee3

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 11:40:57 AM
Author: BrightSpot
I also love this ring from Leon Marge. Do you think something like this would be pretty w/ a 2 ct cushion sapphire? (It''s hard for me to envision some of these things!)
Hi
My first post here, but I''ve been reading the forums for quite some time now. I absolutely adore this ring. Who is and where do I find Leon Marge? Thanks so much! Can''t wait to see what you decide to go with.

3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey aimee3! welcome to ps!!
35.gif
leon mege does amazing work indeed. you can find out more about him here
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey, aimee3--welcome to PS!

Check out happysnowbunny's new gorgeous Leon Marge ring. It's a cushion center diamond & the setting is modeled after the emerald ring we love! Yummy!
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this photo on Bill Pearlman''s website and I knew it had to be posted in this thread! I love the lemon yellow. If I could have lemon yellow stones...well, I don''t know! I didn''t know stones this color existed! Yellow is my favorite color and I infinitely prefer this lemon yellow to canary yellow diamonds or sapphires that look like them! Bill, what kind of stones are these? This is a Michael Beaudry ring.

Deb

MichaelBeaudryLemon.jpeg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
My guess would be the yellow stones are fancy yellow diamonds as I have never seen a Beaudry ring set with yellow sapphires.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Deb,

These are fancy intense canary diamonds from Michael Beaudry. I have seen the canary''s in many different saturation''s and there are lemon yellows.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
This sounds such a fun project and I cannot wait to see the final result!

I doubt if a yellow sapphire can look alike a yellow diamond, because there is something different in the overall feeling of the two type. Yellow diamond strikes me as something very solid as if saying ''hey look at me, I am diamond and I am yellow''. They feel very strong. Yellow sapphire are softer and warmer. Maybe in lighter shades yellow sapphire will come closer to a yellow diamond, such as this one found by Ana.

Y196_1_05062005122932PM

brightspot, don''t worry about ''e-ring like'' look because it is more important what the ring will be to you! If you wear it as a e-ring, I bet you will get all sorts of compliants such as ''what a beautiful ring'', but no one would question ''is that your e-ring?''

It has to be something you love, not how others viewed as. You''ve get a good start to begin with, and it won''t go wrong. Be it halo, three stone, or split shank, as long as it appears to you! This is all about you!
25.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yingh,

Thanks for the sage advice about the ring. Actually, since I started this thread, I''ve made alternate plans for the e-ring, but just got pics of my yellow sapphire, posted on a new thread here.

So, I still need to decide how to mount it to make a RHR.
36.gif

Let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results