shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you sacrifice colour in an OEC to maximise size?

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Keep in mind these videos are in optimal lighting to enhance the stones and emphasize how bright even an M can be so in other lighting environments the difference will be more pronounced. While these AVRs are astoundingly bright and well cut...a tint is a tint. To @Muluver 's point, if the N/H combo is something you do, I'd do 2 toned metal. Sounds like that isn't a good fit, it's definitely a more funky look! (I love funky, but that's def not for everyone!)

FYI Adam from OWD is really responsive on Instagram in my experience. That's where we did 98% of our communication! He is also off Fridays/Saturdays.

Keep in mind it is a holiday weekend in the U.S., so I'd expect communications to be slower as many jewelers are closed for the weekend.

I am also very excited for you to learn more about the I&R stone...I have a good feeling about that one.

Yes that’s worth remembering! I’m sure two tone can look amazing but I’m going for a more classic look, although I do like funky too!

Thank you for the tip, I will send a message to Adam on insta, although it sounds Iike it’s best to wait until tomorrow to do so.

I hope you’re all enjoying your day off! For us in the UK it’s back to school today, so the holidays are well and truly over.

I hope I can get some more info/videos on that stone. Do you think I&R would also be able to source the side stones if I go ahead with them, or would it best to get them elsewhere?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yes that’s worth remembering! I’m sure two tone can look amazing but I’m going for a more classic look, although I do like funky too!

Thank you for the tip, I will send a message to Adam on insta, although it sounds Iike it’s best to wait until tomorrow to do so.

I hope you’re all enjoying your day off! For us in the UK it’s back to school today, so the holidays are well and truly over.

I hope I can get some more info/videos on that stone. Do you think I&R would also be able to source the side stones if I go ahead with them, or would it best to get them elsewhere?

I&R should be able to. But you want see the color match.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I&R should be able to. But you want see the color match.

Ok great, thank you and yes would want to see them all together.

Do you know about their settings - I know they do custom work, would they be able to do a three stone bezel with milgrain, or would it be best to use someone else?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ok great, thank you and yes would want to see them all together.

Do you know about their settings - I know they do custom work, would they be able to do a three stone bezel with milgrain, or would it be best to use someone else?

Based on the PS projects I have seen, I think they could do that setting for you.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Based on the PS projects I have seen, I think they could do that setting for you.

Amazing, that's good to know and would make things much easier for me!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the end I fell for a 0.86ct F SI1 EGL certified OEC.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! So glad you found a lovely OEC, can’t wait to see the end product. Are I&R making your setting?

Yup, they are, just a simple Gypsy setting in Platinum, that's all.

DK :))

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I heard back from Hancocks and sadly the rose cut three stone has sold :(2

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Oh sorry to hear that. What was the price of the rosie three stone? I don’t own any rosies but I have been told that you have to keep them very clean to maintain the sparkle.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Just popping in to say rose cuts are very, very difficult to keep clean unless they have a closed or semi closed back. I have owned a few rings and still have one ring with an oval. It's beautiful, but they get dirtier faster than step cuts. They really don't present their best when dirty and I say dirty lightly. Basic things like oils from your hands or soap scum from washing your hands makes them dull. You really need to LOVE them to have it in a ring, I think.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Oh sorry to hear that. What was the price of the rosie three stone? I don’t own any rosies but I have been told that you have to keep them very clean to maintain the sparkle.

If I convert the price, it was $5310. Yes I have read that, maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Just popping in to say rose cuts are very, very difficult to keep clean unless they have a closed or semi closed back. I have owned a few rings and still have one ring with an oval. It's beautiful, but they get dirtier faster than step cuts. They really don't present their best when dirty and I say dirty lightly. Basic things like oils from your hands or soap scum from washing your hands makes them dull. You really need to LOVE them to have it in a ring, I think.

Thank you, it's a good sanity check and I am hard on my hands, so possibly not the best match! They are pretty though, but it's helping me to keep me on track with what I want to create.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I’m still waiting on videos @luvmysparklies, I have chased, but in the meantime I’ve spotted something on insta!

It would have to be a solitaire rather than a three stone due to size and also because it would swallow almost all of my budget. I’ve asked for some more videos but here is the GIA report. I’ve asked about the inclusions as there’s no plot.

19B9E2A7-DA33-4A68-90D1-9F22D73D0717.jpeg

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple of videos. Thoughts?

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Ok so it looks like they’ve uploaded the video to their website but not emailed it to me.

Video of the 1.24ct J

Reminder of the 1.41ct M

Out of the three which do you think looks best?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
For me, I just love the color on the M, which looks like a little lower than an M to me. It's such a pretty little sparkly daisy!
The J has nice contrast- but I'm the weirdo who thinks it's too white. I know that's not a popular take.
I quite like the N as well but it will depend on how much you want the three stone, 'cause money.

* My want obsession list has recently been added to by the amazing CS side stone wraps that a few PSrs(@meely, @stonewell and others- you have to go look, it's amazing!) have made to switch up looks. That's an option that can be added later, too.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
For me, I just love the color on the M, which looks like a little lower than an M to me. It's such a pretty little sparkly daisy!
The J has nice contrast- but I'm the weirdo who thinks it's too white. I know that's not a popular take.
I quite like the N as well but it will depend on how much you want the three stone, 'cause money.

* My want obsession list has recently been added to by the amazing CS side stone wraps that a few PSrs(@meely, @stonewell and others- you have to go look, it's amazing!) have made to switch up looks. That's an option that can be added later, too.

Wait omg what?!?? Not trying to hijack this thread but omg! Amazing!

Wheels in my head are turning :D

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, non pro here, but here are my musings.
First, the 1.41 video upload (I guess to their website) is the same video from before. Is this what was supposed to be emailed to you as a new video? We were trying to help determine if the center goes dark all at once and we needed a different video to make sure that that was not the case. It looks like both videos show the same questionable center darkness at the 14 second mark.

The N looks really good. Is it possible to see it in a pair of tweezers, without the back drop of fingers?

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock

I know, they all have their strong points which is why I’m struggling! I’m sure it would be much easier if I had them all lined up in person. I’m not sure my husband would be happy with the N as a three stone, he found the three stone with the 1.77ct centre too big so I’m sure a 1.78 would be. But, a wrap may be a possibility down the line. Such a clever idea. Hmmmm…….

Wait omg what?!?? Not trying to hijack this thread but omg! Amazing!

Wheels in my head are turning :D

Ha ha go ahead! It’s making me think too!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Ok, non pro here, but here are my musings.
First, the 1.41 video upload (I guess to their website) is the same video from before. Is this what was supposed to be emailed to you as a new video? We were trying to help determine if the center goes dark all at once and we needed a different video to make sure that that was not the case. It looks like both videos show the same questionable center darkness at the 14 second mark.

The N looks really good. Is it possible to see it in a pair of tweezers, without the back drop of fingers?

Yes sorry, it’s the same video. They haven’t emailed me with the new videos, I just happened to check the website and saw the J had one put up. You’re right, there’s no way of checking without a new video.

I will ask about the N.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The video of the J OEC looks like it could be magic. Beautiful cut from what I can see and my fave of the three. If you want a 3 stone (assuming your husband would be unsupportive of a larger center), this would be the winner. This is also what I would select if I wanted a WHITE versus a more vanilla colored stone. Of course it is smallest

The N looks like it actually goes all dark in the center at once but she really should take videos with tweezers! It could be obstruction. My second favorite. It is a nice size too, but tint will be obvious. I recognize the vendor based on vids so if you love it put it on hold ASAP so it doesn’t get poached. Maybe your husband would be open to little side stones? I think if you love a 3 stone you’ll still long for one if you get a solitaire

The M is still beautiful and has a more flowery center - the first 2 have more “bubbly” facets which I prefer - so a lot of this comes down to preference

The last morsel I will offer- YOU are wearing this ring. Not your husband. I think of course he’s entitled to weigh in, (certainly more than internet strangers lol) but I think the N would still make a lovely 3 stone and isn’t a garish size at all. I hope you have a chance to really converse openly and honestly about what you want as this will adorn your hand everyday and YOU have to love love love it. It’s likely your last upgrade for a while!

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s this view that concerns me - ugh this vendor’s videos drive me nuts lol - get a dang stone holder! :lol:

2247CBBD-93EC-4F51-A78C-7A1DB7AA2DC6.jpeg

I’d also add dimensions for all 3 into this tool to compare the sizes. I’m not sure how the 1.41 M compares to the 1.24 J

Last edited:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It’s this view that concerns me - ugh this vendor’s videos drive me nuts lol - get a dang stone holder! :lol:

I’d also add dimensions for all 3 into this tool to compare the sizes. I’m not sure how the 1.41 M compares to the 1.24 J

We know we are obsessed when we recognize vendor videos and fingers :lol:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
There is a big difference between a J and a N color wise so it’s kind of hard to compare!

I would ask for any additional videos of the J. It looks REALLY promising and I love the contrast in the facets.

The N is pretty too but I agree with @Cerulean that the center appears to be “off” at the same time most of the time. But as she mentioned it’s resting on the vendor’s finger so very hard to tell.

I think you really need to decide on the color range down to 2/3 grades to narrow down your search!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No help at all, I really like the N, the facet pattern looks pretty.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
The video of the J OEC looks like it could be magic. Beautiful cut from what I can see and my fave of the three. If you want a 3 stone (assuming your husband would be unsupportive of a larger center), this would be the winner. This is also what I would select if I wanted a WHITE versus a more vanilla colored stone. Of course it is smallest

The N looks like it actually goes all dark in the center at once but she really should take videos with tweezers! It could be obstruction. My second favorite. It is a nice size too, but tint will be obvious. I recognize the vendor based on vids so if you love it put it on hold ASAP so it doesn’t get poached. Maybe your husband would be open to little side stones? I think if you love a 3 stone you’ll still long for one if you get a solitaire

The M is still beautiful and has a more flowery center - the first 2 have more “bubbly” facets which I prefer - so a lot of this comes down to preference

The last morsel I will offer- YOU are wearing this ring. Not your husband. I think of course he’s entitled to weigh in, (certainly more than internet strangers lol) but I think the N would still make a lovely 3 stone and isn’t a garish size at all. I hope you have a chance to really converse openly and honestly about what you want as this will adorn your hand everyday and YOU have to love love love it. It’s likely your last upgrade for a while!

Thank you for the detailed and incredibly helpful feedback. The J has lots of nice contrast and is certainly the whitest of all the diamonds I am looking.

I like the N although I am also concerned about the centre. The size definitely appeals but that would be the majority of the budget. How do you go about putting diamonds on hold - just ask or do you have to put a deposit down?

The M is flowery and is probably in stills visually the most appealing, but interestingly when looking at diamonds irl the ones I liked most were either more bubbly or pinwheel.

Yes you are right, it will be my last upgrade in a long while so I need to love it. A 1.78 would be noticeably big for where I live, so there that to consider.

Yes that’s not the best view!

Ok this is the comparison, the 1.24 on the left and the 1.41 on the right.

342B57B9-0881-4C08-B43B-81D13E738B1E.jpeg

We know we are obsessed when we recognize vendor videos and fingers :lol:

Ha ha, very true!!

There is a big difference between a J and a N color wise so it’s kind of hard to compare!

I would ask for any additional videos of the J. It looks REALLY promising and I love the contrast in the facets.

The N is pretty too but I agree with @Cerulean that the center appears to be “off” at the same time most of the time. But as she mentioned it’s resting on the vendor’s finger so very hard to tell.

I think you really need to decide on the color range down to 2/3 grades to narrow down your search!

It’s really frustrating as Sara is now on holiday for pretty much the rest of the month, with everything on hold until she gets back as she has no one to cover. As they didn’t even email me back with the first video of the J despite assurances, I’m not sure what do for the best, it could easily sell.

I find the colour range hard to decide on! I’ve tried whiter and more tinted, I’ve liked both. The only thing I don’t know is whether the more tinted would be more of an issue in a bezel as I have only seen them with prongs.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
No help at all, I really like the N, the facet pattern looks pretty.

I’m hoping a new video will confirm whether there’s an issue with the centre and just have to hope it doesn’t sell in the meantime!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the detailed and incredibly helpful feedback. The J has lots of nice contrast and is certainly the whitest of all the diamonds I am looking.

I like the N although I am also concerned about the centre. The size definitely appeals but that would be the majority of the budget. How do you go about putting diamonds on hold - just ask or do you have to put a deposit down?

The M is flowery and is probably in stills visually the most appealing, but interestingly when looking at diamonds irl the ones I liked most were either more bubbly or pinwheel.

Yes you are right, it will be my last upgrade in a long while so I need to love it. A 1.78 would be noticeably big for where I live, so there that to consider.

Yes that’s not the best view!

Ok this is the comparison, the 1.24 on the left and the 1.41 on the right.

342B57B9-0881-4C08-B43B-81D13E738B1E.jpeg

Ha ha, very true!!

It’s really frustrating as Sara is now on holiday for pretty much the rest of the month, with everything on hold until she gets back as she has no one to cover. As they didn’t even email me back with the first video of the J despite assurances, I’m not sure what do for the best, it could easily sell.

I find the colour range hard to decide on! I’ve tried whiter and more tinted, I’ve liked both. The only thing I don’t know is whether the more tinted would be more of an issue in a bezel as I have only seen them with prongs.

It can’t hurt to reach out to hold the N, she might do a courtesy hold. Asking is free!

That’s really too bad about Sara, that is frustrating. So it sounds like you might need to take a blind leap of faith. Have you called them? Ilya should still be around I’d think? Someone is keeping the lights on! I’d probably get a aggressive at this point hah but I’m pushy to get what I want :lol:

I will add, if the M is grabbing at your heartstrings the most, that says a lot. It’s still a gorgeous stone with a beautiful fluttery petal pattern, I’m merely expressing my own preferences, ideally they’d send more videos so you can be sure…and it’s just a slightly different flavor than the other 2. There’s no wrong answers here

As for bezel and tint - it’s hard to say how a stone might react as I do find antiques behave differently. No matter what, the color will be much more evident and I bet a bezel may more starkly show the color contrast - as you’ll have cool white platinum hugging the full diameter of the warmer stone. But that’s just a guess and it’s hard to say if it will bother you or not! All I can say is, embrace the tint, or don’t!

The tint is most obvious from the side and will block more of that from view.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results